Author Topic: Clue boxes!  (Read 29506 times)

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Clue boxes!
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2011, 04:54:49 AM »
wait
notice how every leg teams are given a object instaed of a clue mabey this will be the final 3 rembering task

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2011, 01:08:17 PM »
wait
notice how every leg teams are given a object instaed of a clue mabey this will be the final 3 rembering task

Yep, that's a popular theory in this thread. :)

Side note: They really emphasized this week that the outline of Thailand was prominently featured in the first clue. This makes me even more sure that country shapes will also play into a Final 3 challenge.
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2011, 06:33:51 AM »
wait

Side note: They really emphasized this week that the outline of Thailand was prominently featured in the first clue. This makes me even more sure that country shapes will also play into a Final 3 challenge.

or maybe there is always someone at or near the pit stop that could be used as the final task

leg 1: guards at pitstop
leg 2 : kids at orphage
leg 3 eliphant
leg 4 vilage locals

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2011, 09:11:04 AM »
wait

Oh.. I remember that too!! I was wondering why keep showing us the shape of Thailand??

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2011, 10:58:11 AM »
It also happened in Taiwan (I think) and Indonesia (for sure), the shape thing.

OMG. I would depserately love a 2-hour finale with 3 or 4 different harsh memory tasks: fake clue boxes, people, country shapes and objects. That'd rock the season.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2011, 11:57:15 AM »
I looked through the first leg, I didn't really see a map.

This did happen in Leg 2, where they showed the map of Indonesia twice. When Ernie and Cindy left the pitstop in first place and Bill and Cathi left the pitstop in Taiwan in last place.

Kind of weird they didn't show it when they flew to Taiwan... or is it just me?

Or are we just thinking too much? :lol: :neener:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2011, 11:59:25 AM »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2011, 12:06:07 PM »
So maybe they will do a recap and tell us readers that they have been shown the maps of every country prior to the start of each leg.

Now... TAR, you are putting 2 very ingenious thing into one season and I could hardly take the excitement.

Why didn't you do this for TAR 16 or TAR 18? :lol: :neener:

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2011, 12:11:28 PM »
So maybe they will do a recap and tell us readers that they have been shown the maps of every country prior to the start of each leg.

Now... TAR, you are putting 2 very ingenious thing into one season and I could hardly take the excitement.

I don't think they'd ever try something like this for an all-star. Purely because having run the race and then watched it all back on TV, past racers will know exactly what to look out for on their second attempt. I think a past racer would see something like the country outline and immediately begin noting it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2011, 12:21:37 PM »

I don't think they'd ever try something like this for an all-star. Purely because having run the race and then watched it all back on TV, past racers will know exactly what to look out for on their second attempt. I think a past racer would see something like the country outline and immediately begin noting it.

I don't know if it's just me... but I don't think so... it's so subtle! :lol:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2011, 08:44:14 PM »
This week we saw two non clueboxes! The bucket and that basket with the cloth in it.

I tend to think they are making a concerted effort to not use them anymore. For a final task they could just throw one in, but they go to lengths to avoid any of them. Like when the Speed Bump and Hazard clues were just lying around.

I'm not saying it can't be a final task but I do think production is purposely moving towards using local items besides that.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2011, 08:57:01 PM »
We saw so many non-clueboxes this leg I don't even know which one to take note of. :lol:

We have a really random one in the basket at the First RB.

Then we have another one which is the Koi Fish.. which literally contained a clue, right?

Then when teams completed the RB, they presented the clue to them on a tray designed with red cloth with clues....

It's so confusing. :lol: So certainly, the "special clue" this leg is as unplanned as the leg itself.

But if you ask me, I will guess the "Koi Fish" they had to break for the clue will be a final task challenge item should there be one.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2011, 10:07:55 PM »
I think it will be the both clue boxes and items, but maybe even costumes.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2011, 06:56:29 AM »
Episode 5 clue boxes

The cloth parcels in the last one actually hold the fish food they have to feed the fish in Bangkok.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2011, 08:41:17 AM »
I think its the "cluebox" at the Temple (before the 2nd RB) because it looks more grandiose than the bucket (before the 1st RB).
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2011, 09:01:37 AM »
I think it's both the fish food and the koi fish which they have to break?

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2011, 09:00:43 AM »
i hope the cluebox come back

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2011, 09:09:17 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2011, 01:11:11 PM »
Sorry if this has already been said, but for the last few legs (at least; maybe all season) at the Pit Stops, they haven't been using that silver sign that stands next to/behind Phil and the greeter with the city/country name and world map on it.

I feel like so much has changed this season. I'm not one to oppose change, especially when it makes the show better, but this season just feels completely different than any other one, and I'm having a hard time really getting into this season. The tasks just seem so much easier compared to past seasons; this whole season, I've felt like I've been watching Amazing Race: Asia. Not to completely derail this discussion, but does anyone else feel the same way? Maybe things will change tonight when they get to Africa, but I feel like a super-fan like me (and all of us, really!) shouldn't have this much difficulty getting into this season.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2011, 01:14:56 PM »
Well, the last leg was clearly last minute because of complications with another location, but I don't think all the tasks have been that way. I thought the first Thailand Detour was very challenging, both mentally and physically. The Roadblock wasn't much, though. The second Indonesian Roadblock was mentally wearing. The Detour from that leg was physically taxing. The first and second legs weren't super hard, but one can't expect those legs to be that hard.

The last leg really did leave a sour taste in my mouth, though, and I hope tonight's episode is better. :tup:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2011, 01:43:41 PM »
I miss that Cluebox at the Pitstop showing the country's name. I think they shouldn't remove that... :'( :(

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2011, 01:45:23 PM »
Well, the last leg was clearly last minute because of complications with another location

I haven't read any of the spoilers this year. Is this actually true?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2011, 01:49:51 PM »
Well, the last leg was clearly last minute because of complications with another location

I haven't read any of the spoilers this year. Is this actually true?

Yes, but no one knows where it was. Phil just said there were complications. :duno:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2011, 02:24:22 PM »
Sorry if this has already been said, but for the last few legs (at least; maybe all season) at the Pit Stops, they haven't been using that silver sign that stands next to/behind Phil and the greeter with the city/country name and world map on it.

I had noticed that during the first Indonesia leg, and went back and found it had been missing in Taiwan as well.

Mug Costanza, Phil had sent out a Tweet after filming was completed and before the season began to air that there had been a sudden last minute change for some reason that required TPTB to completely change a destination on less than 24 hours' notice. The speculation has been that Thailand was the substitute for the unknown original country, and the timeline reconstruction appears to support that speculation.
-- theschnauzers

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2011, 08:26:51 PM »
Mug Costanza, Phil had sent out a Tweet after filming was completed and before the season began to air that there had been a sudden last minute change for some reason that required TPTB to completely change a destination on less than 24 hours' notice. The speculation has been that Thailand was the substitute for the unknown original country, and the timeline reconstruction appears to support that speculation.

The last few seasons they've been deliberately revisiting locations that have had absolute stinkers of legs in the past: TAR15 in Dubai after TAR5; TAR16 in Puerto Varas after Puerto Montt in TAR11, Bariloche after TAR5, Singapore after TAR3, San Francisco after TAR11; TAR17 in St. Petersburg after TAR5, Oman after TAR9 (which won an Emmy, yes, but can hardly be called a "good" leg), Hong Kong after TAR11, Seoul after TAR4; TAR18 in Tokyo after both TAR9 and TAR15, Salzburg after TAR14, Rio after a culture-free TAR2 leg...

Given just how terribly the TAR14 leg turned out - didn't showcase the city well at all, had that awful animal-cruelty-promoting zoo task, AND had a contestant collapse - it's not surprising they wanted to show it in a better light.