Author Topic: [Spoiler] Is Big Brother 13 rigged? [Spoiler]  (Read 4506 times)

Offline AndrewDean84

• RFF Newbie
[Spoiler] Is Big Brother 13 rigged? [Spoiler]
« on: August 28, 2011, 04:17:37 AM »
I have been visiting these boards for quite some time now(this season) and have to say that the live feed posters do a fantastic job, so I first want to compliment them. 

I had to register because I have been bothered by the actions going on in that house.  I read and hear very shady things going on in that house, and behind the scenes.  It seems like "Big Brother" is rigged for ratings than actually being a competition.  First thing that brought this up was the whole Brendon being America Vote, which didn't seem possible since 9/10 people I know think the whole veterans group(outside of Danielle) are the bad guys and aren't liked. 

I read about some weird dealings with Shelly being called to the Diary Room for a 2+ hour session, then telling Adam some things.

The final straw seems like this whole teaming up again and having the veto comp being very Veteran focused.  I read that CBS has gone on record and said that Big Brother is not a game show, but a reality show.  I guess CBS has found their loophole for rigging a game show, outside the the competitions.  I'm reminded of the great movie "Quiz Show" now when I think of Big Brother. 

I think the only thing that can bring back to watching Big Brother again is if the next cast is all vets or no vets. 

Offline IWatch

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: [Spoiler] Is Big Brother 13 rigged? [Spoiler]
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 06:26:38 AM »
I read that CBS has gone on record and said that Big Brother is not a game show, but a reality show.  I guess CBS has found their loophole for rigging a game show, outside the the competitions.  I'm reminded of the great movie "Quiz Show" now when I think of Big Brother

Right, everything turns on whether or not CBS is selling this as a game or not. It seems to me they are. One season they explicitly told the houseguests "the game board is set" and the producers could not retool the game as it went along. What's your source for CBS representing that they're not bound by the restrictions since the quiz show scandals? CBS has a lot to lose if they cheat here: lawsuits from all former players, prosecutions, etc., and there's no way they can count on secrecy because too many low paid people are involved in production.

As a game, CBS has plenty of leeway to work a situation to their ratings advantage by locking people down in the DR at the right times, and by working them psychologically in the DR without stepping over the line of illegality. Leading questions, etc., and a team of lawyers that vets the producers' ideas for interacting with the houseguests. Obviously, any outcome of a series of events on this earth can be rationalized after the fact as the fixed plan of those who benefited from the outcome. So their needs to be more evidence than the mere fact that someone benefited from a series of events. What's more, as screaming conspiracy theorists lather each other up on the internet, I think that does more in favor of the show's ratings than against them, so why would CBS care as long as there lawyers tell them they're on solid ground?

If it's any indication of CBS's willingness to engage in some high risk cheating, consider what happened in season 1. As the viewing public proceeded to ruin the show by voting out the most hated and therefore most appealng houseguests, CBS intervened by offering $50,000 to the houseguests if they'd accept a new, handpicked housguest. CBS was obviously restrained from swooping in and changing the show as they wanted, so maybe the network is still bound by the same restrictions.

Offline dixonduke

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 10:10:11 AM »
First thing that brought this up was the whole Brendon being America Vote, which didn't seem possible since 9/10 people I know think the whole veterans group(outside of Danielle) are the bad guys and aren't liked. 

Wow! You are hanging in a different crowd than I am. Around here, people can't stand Dani......didn't really like B/R, but loved the JJs. I voted Brendon back because I thought it would be better TV than the other 3, plus I would never have voted Dom back as it would help Dani. Many people took the same stance.

Offline Libby

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 01:44:52 PM »
First thing that brought this up was the whole Brendon being America Vote, which didn't seem possible since 9/10 people I know think the whole veterans group(outside of Danielle) are the bad guys and aren't liked. 

Wow! You are hanging in a different crowd than I am. Around here, people can't stand Dani......didn't really like B/R, but loved the JJs. I voted Brendon back because I thought it would be better TV than the other 3, plus I would never have voted Dom back as it would help Dani. Many people took the same stance.

Same here.  Everyone I know of voted not FOR Brendon, but against anyone that would help Dani.