Author Topic: Worst Season  (Read 51819 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: Worst Season
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2011, 12:14:02 PM »
I never liked Chip and Reichen from TAR 4 either. For me they were the worst winners that they could have been from that season. It has nothing to do with them being gays because one of my favourite teams ever is Team Cha Cha Cha. What I hated in the TAR 4 winners was their attitude.

After Tian and Jaree were eliminated, TAR 4 sucked. Their quarrels every episode, then patching back for the only leg they decided to work together and getting eliminated = :lol3:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2011, 01:11:57 PM »
I didn't watch TAR 4 when it aired (I didn't know about the show then), but when I tried to go back and watch it on YouTube, I couldn't get into it at all. The premiere was BORING.

TAR 5 was my first season and probably their first truly good season. :hrt:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline guacamole300

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2011, 02:31:35 PM »
I actually really liked season 13. It had awesome greeters! I dont know, I really enjoyed it. Maybe there were some bland tasks, but every race has bland tasks. And it also had really cool tasks. (The Moscow legs, the clueboxes forest, the festival in India, etc)

Season 7 I also really enjoyed. Brian & Greg is one of my all time favorite teams. And loved seeing Meredith & Gretchen get 4th place. On the other hand I HATED Ron & Kelly. If only they had been eliminated the first leg...

My least favorites would be season 4 and season 16.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2011, 03:20:35 PM »
I never liked Chip and Reichen from TAR 4 either. For me they were the worst winners that they could have been from that season. It has nothing to do with them being gays because one of my favourite teams ever is Team Cha Cha Cha. What I hated in the TAR 4 winners was their attitude.

After Tian and Jaree were eliminated, TAR 4 sucked. Their quarrels every episode, then patching back for the only leg they decided to work together and getting eliminated = :lol3:

Definitely, I LOVED Monica & Sheree. I still remind them so much... And their elimination was really sad too (Taxis in India=DRUMMUH).

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2012, 12:59:09 AM »
3 seasons that I would have a very hard time rewatching, and if came out on DVD, I would not buy or even rent at all.

Season 11 - the worst by far. I don't know, but the fact that Eric and Danielle broke up after the race, just makes me think they faked their relationship to get in the race. And that doesn't sit well with me at all, just like Spygate did not sit well with a lot of football fans. Also, the fake accent of Charla & Mirna, watching Kevin & Drew racing, and Mary mentioning the Cho brothers a few times and expecting other teams to help them, made it more unbearable.

Season 15 - Just became unwatchable towards the end. The more likeable teams got bounced out early, and I could not stand the final 4 teams left (the worst being Sam & Dan, and Erica). Brian was the only likeable one left, and felt sorry for him to deal with that horrible bitch. While I understand the idea of trying to shake things up at the starting line, but the elimination there was just so cruel. I did enjoy seeing the places visited during this season, though.

Season 16 - Mainly for what happened at the end, which honestly, made me lose some respect for Phil. While there were no excuses for Brandy & Carol to act horribly like that, it was really uncalled for him to instigate horrible Jonathan-like behavior. This isn't Jerry Springer. And that's too bad, because I actually enjoyed this season for the most part, mainly for the Cowboys and Allan Wu making an appearance in the American edition.

Offline tullfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2012, 08:31:33 AM »
My vote is for season 19.  Bland cast which was lacking in entertainment.  The season was lacking in memorable moments until Andy and Tommy were eliminated because the cabbies from the other 3 teams were all working together.

Second worst is season 15.  Bad twist of eliminating one team at the starting line.  Three teams quitting tasks (Globetrotters, Tiffany & Maria and Mika & Canaan).  Zev and Justin being eliminated for losing Zev's passport even though they came in first (glad that they were invited back for season 18).

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2012, 08:42:15 AM »
Season 19 is the worst for me, hands down, no contest. Worst winners, dismal cast (excluding Amani & Marcus, Andy & Tommy and some teams who were eliminated too early and maybe Bill & Cathi), pretty dreadful route (excluding Malawi) and I actually did not enjoy any episodes other than the two in Malawi.

Season 16 comes in at a close second for me, with another pair of terrible winners. Leg 4, 6 and 7 were among the best TAR has ever provided, but the rest of the season was beyond lacklustre.

Season 9 became boring with the 2-way domination. Season 10 had a terrible cast (except Dustin & Kandice and the early exits). Season 8 did very little right (except the first three legs, which I enjoyed). Those are the worst for me.

It's almost impossible to look at anything but Season 3 in terms of the Best Season. I loved everything about it. Seasons 5-7 were the TAR 'Golden Era', and they were perfect seasons, except for Freddy & Kendra's victory.

For me, the best post-All-Stars season is Season 12, with amazing legs on Leg 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9 and 10, and even Leg 2, though I'd put it slightly behind these others.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2012, 10:00:19 AM »
Personnally, NOTHING can be worst than S16. The cast, the locations, and the tasks were just lame and horrible.

That said, I think that S15 comes second, the task and the cast were lame. The fact that FT/BE quit that easy task and were able to return in TAR18 just disgust me. Yes Maria/Tiffany, quit their Detour but it was not after almost a hundred of trys, not like the Globetrotters.

Now, I agree that TAR19 is lackluster. The route seemed interesting, but it just feeled repetitive and boring (maybe it's because in went just after the TAR18 awesomness). The team were not that interesting,I think that Bill & Cathi, even if thery're not the best old team, saved the season by being able to do 5/6 of the race. We went back to weak and early eliminated F/F teams, and I hate when a team dominate a season (even if its by luck). The only good leg was Panama. Good tasks and awesome twist at the end.

But I'm not with you saying that TAR11 is horrible. OK, maybe the route wasent the best (there were still Ushuaia and Poland <3), but the fact that Dustin & Kandice, Charla & Mirna and Oswald & Danny were in the final four was awesome. And I loved that flight drama in Africa (which, I think, was a bit missing in TAR19) with my favourites taking early flights.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2012, 08:12:54 PM »
TAR16 was very much awful. But the reason I rank TAR19 worse is because on TAR16, Legs 4, 6 and 7 were spectacular for me. but the rest of the season was awful!

How come Season 6 is an option in the poll for 'Worst Season'? In terms of the tasks, it was the best season... ??? The only bad thing about TAR6 was the winners, I think.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2012, 10:28:10 PM »
TAR16 was very much awful. But the reason I rank TAR19 worse is because on TAR16, Legs 4, 6 and 7 were spectacular for me. but the rest of the season was awful!

How come Season 6 is an option in the poll for 'Worst Season'? In terms of the tasks, it was the best season... ??? The only bad thing about TAR6 was the winners, I think.
The reason I don't really like it is because most of the the teams are arguing couples, and most of the ones that aren't were eliminated early. It also was between what some consider the best seasons. I have that this problem with Season 4 also. It's also got a poor cast and is between the two greatest seasons.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2012, 10:37:03 PM »

The reason I don't really like it is because most of the the teams are arguing couples, and most of the ones that aren't were eliminated early. It also was between what some consider the best seasons. I have that this problem with Season 4 also. It's also got a poor cast and is between the two greatest seasons.

I understand what you mean about the arguing couples! :lol: But I did love the TAR6 cast, personally. :duno: (Except Freddy & Kendra... (:;) )

I agree about Season 4, although there were a couple of good teams in that cast, especially Kelly & Jon, who I personally loved! For me, Season 4 had a few spectacular legs along the way, but as a whole, there were too many legs which were not exciting at all, which is why Season 4 isn't that great overall.

I definitely agree about 3, 5 and 7 being the best seasons, especially 3! :hearts:

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2012, 12:55:27 AM »
I have to say TAR 16 is the worst season, and TAR 19 is next to it. TAR 16 has forgettable and unlovable casts :gaah:, but Steve & Allie, Jody & Shannon and Brent & Caite :lol3: have some places in my heart. The route was not that great, but I really :hrt: leg in Seychelles. I actually like Dan & Jordan, as the winner, and not Jet & Cord, although I prefer Steve & Allie or Brent & Caite :lol3: as the winner.

TAR 19 isn't that bad, actually. Despite the devastating substitute leg in Thailand and boring finale which ruin everything, I personally like TAR 19. The casts are better than TAR 16 in my opinion, exception for Ron & Bill and Laurence & Zac :lol3:. The route itself is probably one of my favorite routes in TAR, beside TAR 3 (Portugaaal), TAR 6 (Mount Xian <3) and TAR 12
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2012, 01:49:05 AM »
That said, I think that S15 comes second, the task and the cast were lame. The fact that FT/BE quit that easy task and were able to return in TAR18 just disgust me. Yes Maria/Tiffany, quit their Detour but it was not after almost a hundred of trys, not like the Globetrotters.
Maria/Tiffany didnt quit , phil came over to the Detour site and gave them the boot.

I liked season 19 but finale althought with great tasks was predicable and let the season down (but at least i liked the team that won).

Season 18 look great on paper but was a little off mark .

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2012, 04:44:58 AM »
I liked season 19 but finale althought with great tasks was predicable and let the season down (but at least i liked the team that won).

You are entitled to your own opinion, but personally, I really hated the finale. I thought it was quite ridiculous to give $1,000,000 to the team who could do a flight simulator and type a clue. While I loved going to Atlanta, I thought the tasks were well below-par. Just my thoughts.. :duno:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2012, 05:39:41 AM »
Season 19 had two many road kills. The elimination seemed quite predictable. And please, I don't really mind recruited teams or  crossovers, but can you get at least some team competent? No offense to Ethan/Jenna fans, but they seemed disinterested in the race, and couldn't try.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2012, 06:01:43 AM »
Season 19 had two many road kills. The elimination seemed quite predictable. And please, I don't really mind recruited teams or  crossovers, but can you get at least some team competent? No offense to Ethan/Jenna fans, but they seemed disinterested in the race, and couldn't try.

I have to agree with your comment. I thought the whole season was bland. Legs 1 and 2 did not impress me. Leg 3's Roadblock was good, but the Detour was below average. Legs 4 and 5 were dismal. Leg 6 was passable. Leg 7 was great. Leg 8 was borderline. Leg 9 was abysmal. Leg 10 was dismal. Leg 11 was passable. Leg 12 was abysmal.

Just my thoughts, but the whole season seemed to lack any suspense. I remember watching season 18 and every episode I was so nervous about what would happen next, but with season 19, I was barely interested. Add the worst winners of all-time (in my opinion) and you create a truly terrible season, in my opinion. I hope 20 is much better than 19... :duno:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2012, 08:34:09 AM »
Did anyone mention Season 16 yet?

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2012, 08:56:40 AM »

It gets my vote as second worst season! :tup:

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2012, 10:35:23 AM »

It's the 3rd worst for me.

I actually did not mind Season 19, with first time visits to countries that people have been wishing for a very long time. It was as if the producers were saying... this one is for the fans! And come on, how can anyone not like any leg that involves baseball? :D

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2012, 01:55:45 PM »
What was sooo good and unpredictable in TAR18 was the fact that each and every team (except 1, but who never won a leg) were all in danger of being eliminated (FT/BE in Calcutta, Zermatt and Rio, G/M in Australia and Austria, Zev & Justin in the 2 chinese legs and Zermatt, Kent & Vyxsin in Australia, China and Varanasi, etc.).
That was sooo missing in TAR19 where two teams were just dominating the whole race.

The other thing that I didnt liked in TAR19 was the complete lack of airport. They only took the plane 7 times in the whole race!!! (US-Taiwan-Indonesia-Thailand-Malawi-Europe-Panama-US). There were like almost no drama with the flight except Amani & Marcus getting out of Africa and maybe Laurence & Zac and Andy & Tommy from Indonesia to Thailand.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2012, 02:08:03 PM »
Most in the pool are among my favorites...15, 16, and 19 are all horrid in my opinion.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2012, 03:18:28 PM »
I definitely agree about 3, 5 and 7 being the best seasons, especially 3! :hearts:

TAR 2 is still my favorite and I'm not sure anything will change that.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2012, 04:28:37 PM »

TAR 2 is still my favorite and I'm not sure anything will change that.

TAR3 WAS MY FAVORITE THE RACE COUSER WAS SUMMERISH AND DAMON AND ANDRE MY FAVORTIE ALL TIME

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2012, 05:24:29 PM »
Season 13 has almost as many as the 16 seasons that are not on there combined :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2012, 07:19:10 PM »
13,15,19. No way i can watch again...except for Bolivia and Andy and Tommy.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard