Author Topic: Worst Season  (Read 51825 times)

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
Worst Season
« on: August 19, 2011, 06:18:04 PM »
Which season is the worst and why? I didn't include the Family Edition as a choice because its the obvious winner for worst season, and its not similar to other seasons. So don't choose choose other voting for Family Edition because this is all season's besides Family Edition. Make sure to include why you think a season is the worst.

I think 13 is the worst because it really was not very interesting. Nick and Starr were alright, and Dandrew was interesting, but overall it was a boring cast, boring route, and boring tasks, with pretty obvious winners.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: Worst Season
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 06:36:36 PM »
Out of your choices I would say 13 because I liked 6 and 9 and did not watch 1 live. I am definitely not very impressed with the casting of 13 Ken and Tina had an interesting storyline but were somewhat annoying and Nick and Starr were likeable. No one else was really memorable to me. New Zealand was probably the most exciting portion of the route.

I loved the route for season 9 (Brazil, Germany, Oman, Australia, Japan, are some of the best TAR locations) and the hippies were entertaining and had an interesting dynamic with E/J. I also loved the finale location (I've been there <3) and the final task.

The Season 6 cast was more entertaining than likeable but it was fun and featured some truly great tasks.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 06:43:07 PM »
Well first off, TAR8 will always be one of my favorite seasons  :-[ It had a great cast and it's only downside was the lack of international travel.  But even then, it was fun and interesting to see places in our own backyard that I probably would never get to see otherwise anyway.
And while at the time TAR6 was the weakest of the first six seasons, it's definitely much better than many of the seasons that came after it.

But as for my bottom 3 it'll have to be TAR9, TAR13, and TAR7.
I think 9 and 13 had uninteresting casts and destinations.  (Plus TAR9 had one of the worst winners ever lol)

And TAR7, though I love Meredith and Gretchen, was too much the Romber Show for me to fully get into it. A weak, boring cast and the strange route that had them double-back instead of going around the world.

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 07:02:59 PM »
Yeah, i agree, i really HATE TAR 7, the entire route is lame and the cast is bland. The only team i really like from that season is Brian and Greg, Ucheena and Joyce are not bad but to me they weren't interesting enough and the big problem i have with this season is that there are too many equalizers and it's painful to watch.

Another season i don't like it's the TAR15/16 combo, Bad year.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 07:28:21 PM »
I voted other. I know this will be an opinion that is completely different than everyone else's, but I think 17 is the worst. I dislike 17 because the cast was extremely uninteresting and so were the tasks, it was obvious who'd win halfway through the season, all the males in the dating teams were obnoxious (which is one of the reasons I dislike 6), and I couldn't stand Brook & Claire. Season 17 is honestly the first time I thought about not watching an episode of this show. It's also the first season that after the first episode, I didn't root for any team; and before the race, the only team that interested me was Connor & Jonathan because their bios were so amusing.

That's my reason for voting other. Now time to cool off after writing that.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 10:07:32 PM »
I voted 13. The tasks were pretty lame, and uninspiring. The final 2 were pretty obvious from the start (Nick/Starr and Ken/Tina won like 9 legs between them before the finale, with the sole exception of one Toni/Dallas win). The teams were pretty bland (which was why no team was selected for Unfinished Business) with only Ken/Tina an interesting storyline because of their divorce.

Seasons 15 & 16 was also pretty crap.

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 11:54:36 PM »
Probably 9, because the only teams that were somewhat likeable (Dave & Lori, Lisa & Joni, Wanda & Desiree) got eliminated too soon. Aside from Adam's whining and Jonathan & Lori constantly feeling the need to scream at their partners for one reason or another, season 6 was fun. Season 13 wasn't that bad either, because aside from Dandrew, every other team in the final 4 was decent...plus there was the added bonus that Nick & Dallas were very easy on the eyes  :flirt:  :<3

Offline 2old4tech

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 10:12:01 AM »
Season 4. Why? The winners. Just could not stand those guys.

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2011, 10:58:13 AM »
13, by far. Mark & Bill were the only team I truly liked, very obvious who would win pretty early on, and boring, boring tasks. I agree with whoever said that New Zealand was the only enjoyable leg.
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2011, 11:09:00 AM »
I put down Season 6, because Kris & Jon didn't win and because of Jonathan & Victoria.  However, now that I think of it, Season 11 might actually be my least favorite, because Eric & Danielle won and worse, because I learned about their win early on.  And incidentally, although I'm not sure I'd call Season 17 the best season, it certainly was my favorite one, so I'd definitely disagree with Best Loser on Season 17's being the worst!

Belle Book

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2011, 11:13:06 AM »
I almost forgot about season 11. The Charla and Mirna versus Dustin and Kandice was amusing. The whole season was odd but probably better than 13.

I'm not sure why dryedmangoez thinks TAR 9 has uninteresting destinations I always thought it was in the top three of routes.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2011, 11:28:35 AM »
I loved season 13....  one of my favorite casts!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2011, 11:01:40 PM »

I'm not sure why dryedmangoez thinks TAR 9 has uninteresting destinations I always thought it was in the top three of routes.

Season 9 was a season with good routes but a terrible cast

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2011, 11:59:43 PM »
Don't go hating on me cause lots of you here like it ... but I actually very much dislike season 5. Bland cast, horrible winners and a route which didn't particularly suit my taste. Linda & Karen were cool, but the final 3 were very meh to me. In fact, for me, most of the cast were very uninteresting and Charla & Mirna were just plain annoying. I liked Kami & Karli to begin with, but their mistakes just made me want to strangle them. A really bad season for me, but season six brought back the love. :<3

For me season 16 is up there too. The whole Carol/Brandy/Caite crap was bitchy and annoying, a little childish if you ask me and ruined the season. I loved Dan & Jordan, I was rooting for them from the get go. It had a good route, one of my favorites BUT everyone in the final 5 but Dan & Jordan annoyed me. After Steve & Allie were eliminated I thought it would turn sour... and it did. With that being said though, I LOVEEEED SINGAPORE :D I never really liked it that much but after seeing that episode, I really really want to go there now.  :hearts:

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2011, 12:28:00 AM »
I'd have to say Season 15/16.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2011, 03:04:38 AM »
Season 5 revived TAR franchise. One of the best seasons ever. Brought back memorable teams like Colin and Christie, Bowling Moms and Charla and Schmirna.. great rivalry, AWESOME locations (72,000 MILES??) and really great suspense... how Allison and Donny won the first leg and got eliminated, loads of airport drama (Charla and Mirna VS everyone else) and Kami and Karli ultimate underdogs survival until Leg 9.. God knows how they did it till today. :lol:

Worst Season for me would be TAR 9. It was so bad I was not looking forward to even watching it every leg thanks to the cast. The locations were great... but the cast... BJ and Tyler... <///////////////////3

EDIT: TAR 16 gave me the same feeling too. And this time, the locations were boring. It's like Singapore's visited but I'm totalleh unexcited about it. Really really bad cast, Carol and Brandy.. Mike and Louie... Brent and Caite.. Ewww.

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2011, 11:11:35 AM »
Wow. I'm not alone saying that seasons 15/16 were the worst ever.
15 was just boring. Boring contestants, tasks, and locations (some were interesting (Prague) but not well used in my opinion).
But 16. It was worst that boring. I wasen't even able to watch legs after the Seychelles (except the finale). I couldn't stand Brent & Caite :eww, Louie & Michael :eww, Jordan & Jeff :eww and (particularly) Jet & Cord :eww (if only the first leg of 18 was an elimination :groan:). Dan & Jordan, Carol & Brandy and Steve & Allie were OK, but not more. The locations were one of the worst in all TAR history. Tasks were sooo easy.
A chance that season 17 came after 16 because TAR was starting to loose a fan.
No wonder they didnt won the Emmy that year.

And I'm with Peach for season 13. Beside Nick & Starr winning 7/11 legs, it's one of my favourites. Interesting contestants, locations and the tasks were REALLY hard.

For best routes, I would vote for TAR 6 - Iceland, Budapest, Ethiopia, Corsica, Sri Lanka, Mount Hua (personally, it saved that race because, in my opinion, the contestants were boring-all of the final 6 were couples!) - and TAR 10 - China's Great Wall, Mongolia, Halong Bay, Kuwait, Mauritius, Madagascar, Morocco, Spain (in addition to an interesting relationship between different contestants - backbacks, D/K)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 11:15:13 AM by flamant777 »

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2011, 11:24:06 AM »
Season 13 was boring. Seasons 15 and 16 was so and so. Season 4 I hated the winners.
As for seasons 6 and 9 I actually liked them a lot especially the locations in 6, some of the best in the history of TAR, who can forget Lalibella in Ethiopia?

Offline inomu

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2011, 12:09:06 PM »
I must say season 11. Teams were quite boring and Dustin & Kandice didn't win :'( Also South American legs were quite uninteresting.

Season 6 and 9 are my favourites, does that make me weird?  :lol: Also I loved the locations of season 16 but Caite and Dan/Jordan win made that season stupid.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2011, 12:35:31 PM »
I like 6 and 9! But that might still make you weird. :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2011, 12:59:55 PM »
I almost always find something to love...

But after 7, then 8, TAR season 9 nearly made me stop watching...but loved it again with 10.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2011, 02:58:51 PM »
I really liked 10. It is definitely my favorite season. 5, 11, 14, 16, and 18 were other seasons that I liked. The worst were 1, 2, 7, 8, 12, 13 and 17. I usually judge seasons on the cast. Sometimes its the location, but usually the cast. 10 was my favorite because of James and Tyler and Dustin and Kandice. I liked 5 because of Colin and Christie, 11 because of Dustin and Kandice and Romber, 14 was just a good cast with good locations and some drama. I rooted for Luke and Margie but they weren't one of my favorite teams ever. I liked 16 because of Jet and Cord, and 18 had a lot of my favorite contestants from seasons 12-17.

1 and 2 are just too old fashioned TAR seasons for me. I like Romber in 7, but besides them and the drama at the end, it wasn't interesting. 8 is just utterly horrible. 12's cast wasn't interesting, and the route was average, so I didn't really like much about it. 13 is just horrible all around. Bad cast, bad tasks, bad route, predictable winners. 17 was a pretty good route and tasks were OK, but I just didn't have a team to root for. The cast wasn't bad, but I wasn't a huge fan of any of the teams, so it wasn't one of my favorite seasons.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2011, 03:10:52 PM »
Wow. I'm not alone saying that seasons 15/16 were the worst ever.
15 was just boring. Boring contestants, tasks, and locations (some were interesting (Prague) but not well used in my opinion).
But 16. It was worst that boring. I wasen't even able to watch legs after the Seychelles (except the finale). I couldn't stand Brent & Caite :eww, Louie & Michael :eww, Jordan & Jeff :eww and (particularly) Jet & Cord :eww (if only the first leg of 18 was an elimination :groan:). Dan & Jordan, Carol & Brandy and Steve & Allie were OK, but not more. The locations were one of the worst in all TAR history. Tasks were sooo easy.
A chance that season 17 came after 16 because TAR was starting to loose a fan.
No wonder they didnt won the Emmy that year.

I liked Jordan & Jeff, although they were dumb so I was glad to see them go when they left.  I really liked Jet & Cord in their season (not so much in Season 18, however), and I loved Steve & Allie (because Steve worked for the Phillies).  Dan & Jordan were okay for me, but I didn't really like Carol & Brandy and I didn't like the others that you mentioned much.  I would've liked that African American female team to have lasted longer (forgot their names).

Belle Book

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2011, 03:11:55 PM »
Monique and Shawne, I think. :tup:

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2011, 07:09:16 PM »
Monique and Shawne, I think. :tup:

I think you're right on that.  Anyway, I wish they'd lasted longer.

Belle Book