Author Topic: Amazing Race Applications! Ongoing apps...  (Read 344793 times)

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race Applications! Ongoing apps...
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2012, 09:43:07 AM »
Detroit today!

Lol the casting location is like 20 minutes from my house... :lol:

If only I was 21!

2.5 miles from work. And I am 21+.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2012, 04:02:09 PM »
GET over there!! :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2012, 07:39:44 PM »
Amazing Race, Casting Call, CBS, CBS4 If you and a partner are looking for the adventure of a lifetime, head to CBS4′s open casting call for The Amazing Race!

CBS4 is holding an open casting call for The Amazing Race
Thursday, December 27th
6pm-10pm

(Sport of Kings area within the Park)
Address: 901 S Federal Hwy
Hallandale Beach, FL 33009
No telephone calls, Please.
Interested competitors, ages 21 and older, are invited to audition at the open call December 27th.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/11/30/amazing-race-casting-call-south-florida/
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2012, 11:39:06 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline SoTotallySunshine

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2013, 08:42:24 AM »
Hiya!  I was wondering if anyone can confirm or deny a rumour my friend heard...It was said that Final Casting for TAR 23 happened last week in Los Angeles, according to a Producer for the show.  Also, 'said Producer' mentioned a friend that made it to the finals....I am a bit confused because I thought there were confidentiality agreements that had to be signed to keep these rumours from happening?
Thanks and Cheers!!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2013, 04:54:27 PM »
 :welcome: to RFF Sunshine!

People do talk, so sometimes info that should remain private...doesn't. But they have confidentiality clauses to try to keep certain info safe!

My guess is that TAR 23 is pretty much locked at this point...but that's just a guess.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline 0123456

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2013, 09:41:05 AM »
Hey!  Does anyone know where they are in the casting process for next season?  They had a whole bunch of open castings throughout the country - I think the last one is in Denver this week.  What about the next round of auditions/interviews?  Have calls been made?  Does anyone know?

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2013, 11:17:36 AM »
Hey!  Does anyone know where they are in the casting process for next season?  They had a whole bunch of open castings throughout the country - I think the last one is in Denver this week.  What about the next round of auditions/interviews?  Have calls been made?  Does anyone know?

I believe that the deadline for submitting an application through the web site was a couple of months ago. The open casting sessions are another method that has been ongoing, but Denver may be the last one. At this point, they are most likely sifting through the applications and contacting the people they are interested in. If you haven't applied by now, then you probably should be thinking ahead to TAR 24.

By the way, there's a sticky topic in this subforum with application information that has more information than I do.

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2013, 12:21:11 PM »

I believe that the deadline for submitting an application through the web site was a couple of months ago. The open casting sessions are another method that has been ongoing, but Denver may be the last one. At this point, they are most likely sifting through the applications and contacting the people they are interested in. If you haven't applied by now, then you probably should be thinking ahead to TAR 24.

By the way, there's a sticky topic in this subforum with application information that has more information than I do.
there was an open casting call at bernie and phyll's furniture store in Braintree, Massachusetts in late November/early December. My mom with a friend but they screwed up the file sizing of the video and couldn't send it. Anyways, that was 2 months ago so I'm almost positive that it is closed for S23
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline Cheesefeet

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2013, 11:23:03 PM »
There is another open casting called posted on the Amazing Race casting website:
http://www.theamazingracecasting.com/home

The Amazing Race Audition
Place: Marmot on Post. 165 Post Street
Date: Saturday, March 9, 2013
Time: 11:00am – 2:00pm (could extend to 3pm)

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2013/02/11/the-amazing-race-casting-call/

I can with good confidence say that this was posted today seems how I check it everyday.

Offline TAR25

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2013, 02:30:57 PM »
Has this been asked before?

Is there a list somewhere that details a pack list of what the racers took with them in their backpacks? My cousin and I are applying for S24.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2013, 03:38:56 PM »
Has this been asked before?

Is there a list somewhere that details a pack list of what the racers took with them in their backpacks? My cousin and I are applying for S24.

Good luck! There is something around here somewhere , but NOT from the racers. I think the answer is as little as possible. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2013, 03:40:56 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Cheesefeet

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2013, 10:29:59 PM »
The amazing race casting website has been updated.  It says now that the casting for the summer shooting is closed but they are starting to take applications for the fall season.  They have updated their FAQ stating that they will begin castin for it in July and calls could go out as early as August.  Also they added a new open casting call in Las Vegas.

THE AMAZING RACE Casting Call
KLAS-TV/ 8 News NOW Las Vegas, NV
Saturday, April 13th, 2013
9AM – 4PM
Friendly Ford (North Decatur at 95)
660 N. Decatur Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89107
For more information go to: http://www.8newsnow.com/story/21672707/amazing-race-casting-call

Time to get those videos put together

:crazy:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 11:07:48 PM by Cheesefeet »

Offline briangwen7

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I Love The Amazing Race!!!!
« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2013, 01:38:34 PM »
Hello Guys, My name is Brian. I'm new around here but i'm a HUGE Amazing Race Fan. I want to audition can you guys tell me what to do and what you guys think and all that good stuff!

:luvya: 

This is me:
Future Amazing Race 26 Contestant

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2013, 02:48:47 PM »
Well , the audition is kinda of a tough burocracy and it sucks to try to get into the show  :lol3:

But i think you can see things in the CBS site!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2013, 03:00:39 PM »
Hi Brian! :welcome: to RFF!

Sadly, applications for TAR 23 are now closed.

But you can vist the CBS site for info on how to apply for TAR 24!

http://www.theamazingracecasting.com/Home

Reading thru this thread might give you some ideas. Good Luck!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline briangwen7

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I Love The Amazing Race!!!!
« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2013, 04:21:26 PM »
thanks Guys! :) Well i'm 19 right now, so would i be able to apply for AR 24?
Future Amazing Race 26 Contestant

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2013, 05:13:37 PM »
No. Applicants must be 21, by the start of the next Race  to apply.

Have a good look around the CBS site --it has all the answers you need!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2013, 06:57:54 PM »
It's 21 now!? me and my friend were gonna apply after we graduated high school!  :groan:
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2013, 09:17:44 PM »
It has ALWAYS been 21. A few exceptions have occasionally been made for an applicant TAR wanted. Read the application FAQ's.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Cheesefeet

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2013, 10:57:49 PM »
The casting website has been updated again with more information about the upcoming round of applications.

Casting for the Summer 2013 race has closed. Online applications for the Fall 2013 race are now being accepted.

The FALL 2013 race will film some time during NOVEMBER 2013 and December 2013. The application deadline for this is APRIL 26th, 2013.

Online applications are accepted year-round via this site, or you can attend one of the listed open calls. You are not required to submit an online application and attend an open call; at least one is required.

Please refer to the open call section periodically for updates to the open call schedule, and to the FAQ section for additional information.

So you have nineteen days to put together your videos and get them submitted.

Offline TAR25

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2013, 01:25:48 PM »
Great! So, why do they change the date period for the apps? I was going on the end of May from last year. Is it possible to still do an online app and get into the fall season if the app is done and sent by the end of May, or I'm I screwed and have to change my username? My cousin, who I am applying with, is about 800 miles away and I'm seeing him on the 19th.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2013, 02:48:50 PM »
I would assume that they mean what they say...apps for TAR 23 are due by 4/26.

BUT apps are also accepted year round...so you never know. I would get it in, you really have nothing to lose, you can always reapply.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline airn10

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2013, 09:23:21 PM »
I have a ton of TAR questions. I am convinced that when my wife an I apply, we will be picked...and win!
So here it goes:

1. When should you exchange currency/ how much currency to exchange?
2. Bottled water - provided or not?
3. When or should you call for a taxi at the end of each leg? Or is there a rule against this now?
4. How often can you tell what the Roadblock is before you read the clue?
5. How often do you rely on cell phones?
6. Tips for international travel or what to do after plane lands?ie customs
7. Time change on watches? Alarm clocks? How does that work during the race with all the time changes?
8. What to pack........ cold weather clothes, sleeping bag, stuff for taking showers,....?
9. iPods and mp3s allowed?
10. How long do the pit stop interviews last?
11. How difficult is it to sleep during pit stops?
12. Does production tell you when/where to leave your bags during roadblocks & detour?
13. Does a map from a detour ever help later in the leg with navigation?

I realize that most of these would only be known by racers or from reading racer interviews. I was also going to DM a few of these questions on twitter to some former racers, but I'll give them a shot here first. Thanks ahead of time