The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Amazing Race Applications! Ongoing apps...

(1/74) > >>

georgiapeach:
The applications for Amazing Race 20 are now out!!

--- Quote ---
Casting Website
  The Amazing Race is now casting for season 20!
If you and your teammate think you have what it takes to make it on the show, apply here between JUNE 15 – JULY 15, 2011 for your chance to make it on our upcoming season!
--- End quote ---

Apparently in an effort to attract a younger, more tech savvy applicant, the application is now ALL ONLINE. It also is more user friendly in that it gives the dates that you are no longer being considered.

https://www.theamazingracecasting.com/Home

From the site:

Are you ready for an adventure of a lifetime? If so, follow the steps below: 
Step 1 - Make a video (be sure to focus on relationship positives and negatives).
Step 2 - Save self picture, teammate picture and video to your computer, so it is ready when you apply online.
Step 3 - Completely fill out the online application and upload your video and pictures here
Step 4 - We'll email you if we want to move forward in the casting process with you.

VIDEO tips here:
https://www.theamazingracecasting.com/Video

APPLICATION here:
https://www.theamazingracecasting.com/Apply

Frequently Asked Questions
When will I find out if I make it to the next round of casting?
We will be accepting applications and videos until JULY 15, 2011. We will be holding our casting finals in Los Angeles in August, 2011. If you haven’t heard from us by August 15, 2011, then you are not being considered for this upcoming season. We encourage everyone to keep applying though, so make sure to apply again!
Will I be contacted regardless of whether or not I make it to the next round?
Due to the large amount of submissions, we are unable to contact each person individually.
When do they film this upcoming season?
Filming dates are roughly mid-November through mid-December, 2011. That means that if you make the show, you will be away over Thanksgiving, but will be home by Christmas.
I have applied before, do I need to fill out another application and submit another video?
Yes. After we cast each season, those tapes and applications go into storage and you need to re-apply and re-submit a new video each season.
Can I apply with the same person as I applied with before?
Yes.
Can I apply with a new person, even if I have applied with someone else in the past?
Yes.
Can I apply more than once this season, with several different teammates?
You can, however we advise that you pick the person that would make the best and most interesting teammate. This is a show about relationships, as well as a race around the world, so your teammate should be someone close to you, probably not the co-worker that you have only known for 3 months.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!! :hearts:

Prophet:
Applying for Tar comes out of the dark ages  :hearts: 

:lol:

I like this part:

--- Quote ---When do they film this upcoming season?
Filming dates are roughly mid-November through mid-December, 2011. That means that if you make the show, you will be away over Thanksgiving, but will be home by Christmas.
--- End quote ---

theschnauzers:
And they've finally gotten rid of the often-ignored ban against re-applying with the same person. And they're making clear that the interesting relationship is the key.

I'm in shock that they've gotten this clear about some of it. I wonder who prompted that?

kadilahopper:
I love it.  I love it. I love it.  You can apply with the same person.  You can apply online.  Folks,   Tar has arrived in the 21st century.  And following such a wonderful hit  season 18, I am duly impressed.  Good Luck, everybody who applies

Mug Costanza:
"Step 4 - We'll email you if we want to move forward in the casting process with you."

Is this new as well? Ususally I've just heard that calls are made to semi-finalist applicants... (I think.) :duno:

Either way, I love the new changes. I love the FAQ section they've added. I love that they (are at least acting like they) care about the people who are applying! It's all so user-friendly! :hearts:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version