Author Topic: TAR 19 Scheduling-Airing Times-Delays  (Read 41303 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 19 Scheduling-Airing Times-Delays
« on: June 29, 2011, 01:15:45 PM »
CBS has just announced the fall season and TAR 19 will premiere on Sunday Sept 25 at 8PM!!

Sunday, Sept. 25

7:00-8:00 PM              60 MINUTES (44th season premiere)

8:00-9:00 PM              THE AMAZING RACE (19th edition premiere)

9:00-10:00 PM            THE GOOD WIFE (3rd season premiere)

10:00-11:00 PM          CSI: MIAMI (10th season premiere)

Thanks mswood for the head's up!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: TAR 19 Scheduling-Airing Times-Delays
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 01:20:29 PM »
That's what I expected.

Let's see if my guess of December 4th for the finale proves right or not.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 01:26:31 PM »
There were a lot of complaints about the Survivor finale being so close to the holidays last year. Since they will be 2 eps ahead of us, wonder if the plan is to have the Survivor finale first this year? Leaving us stuck with 12/11 lol.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 01:32:53 PM »
Doesn't look like we have to worry about the Country Music Award's! Survivor does though!

The 45th ANNUAL CMA AWARDS will take place on WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9th, live on ABC-TELEVISION at 8p (ET), from the BRIDGESTONE ARENA in NASHVILLE.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 04:48:19 PM »
My thinking is that Survivor would have its finale on the 11th, as the 18th is too close to Christmas the following weekend, and CBS usually airs a holiday themed movie the Sunday before Christmas.
If were not losing a week for the CMAs then we'd have 11 weeks straight, with the slight possibility of a two-hour finale on December 4th. (I strongly suspect The Good Wife will be taking a break until mid-late January by then, and that would make it convenient for those sort of programming; just as much for CSI:Miami.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 04:07:28 PM »
Goodness, I've got a flight leaving the US the night of Dec 10, it better be Dec 4 so I can finally get to some sort of party! (Last chance!)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 04:33:43 PM »
Goodness, I've got a flight leaving the US the night of Dec 10, it better be Dec 4 so I can finally get to some sort of party! (Last chance!)

I would strongly suggest CHANGING that flight!! Go via JFK instead! Your presence is required!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 10:03:11 PM »
ABC announced today they're taking over the broadcast rights for the Hallmark Hall of Fame, so there's a chance that CBS may yet use December 18th for Survivor, and give TAR 12 weeks straight from September 25th for a 12-episode season. With all the route uncertainty, there may or may not be 12 legs (or their equivalents); we'll have to wait and see when there's better information.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 10:52:13 PM »
Thanks Theschnauzers  :jam:  That really does help the timeline considerations.  I was having fits fitting things into December 4th  :lol:  Much more comfortable now!
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 07:04:11 AM »
Thinking of when and where AR19 will touch down in the U.S., I will be at JFK on Tuesday afternoon. However, the chances of viewing Amazing Race F3 landing are poor because it always happens in the morning so the rest of the day can be for tasks and transportation.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2011, 08:33:31 AM »
Thinking of when and where AR19 will touch down in the U.S., I will be at JFK on Tuesday afternoon. However, the chances of viewing Amazing Race F3 landing are poor because it always happens in the morning so the rest of the day can be for tasks and transportation.

Go early! Take a camera! :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 01:33:48 AM »
Expect TAR to be delayed more often and for a longer period of time by NFL football this fall. Apparently NFL rules have have changed to require video reviews of more plays than in the past. Each time this happens, the game will stop for a few minutes while the officials huddle around monitors and confirm or overturn rulings made on the field. This will lead to longer games and more frequent and longer delays to the start of TAR 19, at least in the Eastern half of the US.  :(

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-nfl-instant-replay-rules-for-scoring-plays-could-lengthen-games-071711

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2011, 12:28:58 PM »
I would strongly suggest CHANGING that flight!! Go via JFK instead! Your presence is required!!

My flight's timing was pushed ahead by twenty minutes, and I used the excuse to cancel the flight... New York, here I come!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 01:34:05 PM »
 :wohoo:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2011, 01:36:51 PM »
 :hearts: :yess:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2011, 11:17:41 PM »
I've checked the 506 blog website, and FOX has the NFL doubleheader this coming weekend.  Looking at the national schedule for NFL telecasts, it appears that most of the season will have CBS and FOX having doubleheaders on Sunday with alternating pairs of weekends most of the season, rather than every weekend.

But we may still have some CBS markets on the east coast feeds getting the late (4:15 ET) game, so I will update the information once it is available later this week.
-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2011, 03:22:46 PM »
There are areas getting the CBS east coast feed who are getting a single late game on Sunday, and may have to contend with a delayed start to the CBS prime time schedule on Sunday for the TAR 19 season premiere.

http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/2011/wk3.html

The involved games include New Tork at Oakland, Baltimore at St. Louis and Kansas City at San Diego; areas affected include much of the mid-Atlantic (parts of upstate New York, metro NYC. New Jersey, eastern Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, some areas of Virginia, parts of Illinois, Missouri, and Iowa (part of the St. Louis market), most of Minnesota, North Dakota, and parts of Wisconsin, and much of eastern lower Michigan. (I'm not listing the areas of the west coast getting those games because the shouldn't be any time delay.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2011, 04:33:40 PM »
CBS has sent out an Eye-lert confirming what I posted above. If you are in an area affected by a run-over, you should get an updated Eye-lert on Sunday.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2011, 05:40:37 PM »
Thanks for the updates!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jareb

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2011, 09:39:28 PM »
It was delayed on the east coast 25 minutes and I just about died HOW DARE they delay TAR with something so unimportant as football!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2011, 09:59:11 PM »
Jareb, only some east coast markets were delayed, if you'll read my earlier post about the506 blogs' map for today's NFL games.

Next week is a CBS doubleheader, and all of us living on the east coast feed from CBS will have an overrun to deal with.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2011, 04:44:05 PM »
Football is important. :lol:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2011, 06:20:29 PM »
This just in -- this coming Sunday will be Andy Rooney's last appearance on 60 Minutes. At age 92, he is finally retiring. http://www.tvline.com/2011/09/60-minutes-andy-rooney-exit/#more-254766
-- theschnauzers

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2011, 06:34:21 PM »
His last show? :( :lol3:

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2011, 06:40:12 PM »
This just in -- this coming Sunday will be Andy Rooney's last appearance on 60 Minutes. At age 92, he is finally retiring. http://www.tvline.com/2011/09/60-minutes-andy-rooney-exit/#more-254766
thank god one more g0min with him i was going break my tv