Author Topic: Amazing Race 19 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go here please! **read post 1**  (Read 389046 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race 19 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go here please! **read post 1**
« Reply #525 on: July 11, 2011, 04:46:03 PM »
mds1978,

Of course Peach would have positioned herself to spot the teams. However, I predict that she believes that revealing that information before the actual finale telecast will be detrimental. For any who remember it the list that puddin publicized of all the eliminations throughout AR11 took away all the fun of that season, so it is not likely to ever happen again. I expect that Peach will sit on what she knows for about 5 months until just after the first or second Sunday in December. However, I expect that all Detectives or others can present any available information in the interim.

If Peach has a different perspective than mine expressed above I am sure we will hear form her.

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #526 on: July 11, 2011, 05:56:56 PM »
nvm
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 10:24:30 PM by graytex »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #527 on: July 11, 2011, 06:01:38 PM »
mds1978,

Of course Peach would have positioned herself to spot the teams. However, I predict that she believes that revealing that information before the actual finale telecast will be detrimental. For any who remember it the list that puddin publicized of all the eliminations throughout AR11 took away all the fun of that season, so it is not likely to ever happen again. I expect that Peach will sit on what she knows for about 5 months until just after the first or second Sunday in December. However, I expect that all Detectives or others can present any available information in the interim.

Well said, let's hope that last sentence is true. I wish she would come back.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 06:07:07 PM by Prophet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #528 on: July 11, 2011, 06:06:15 PM »
The site has always been for Detectives digging up local reports, photos, ect to help figure out what is going to happen.  But Peach and Puddin have held back info that they knew to be accurate when their wasn't local information backing it up (and detailed).

And while Peach if she was able to track them) is a local to the area, I seriously, seriously doubt she would post anything as she doesn't want RFF to be in a position where any sources could get into trouble.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #529 on: July 11, 2011, 10:06:38 PM »
mds1978,

If Peach has a different perspective than mine expressed above I am sure we will hear form her.

But isn't the point of reading spoilers to be spoiled? If you don't want the results of the race to be spoiled, wouldn't it just make sense to not read them?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #530 on: July 11, 2011, 10:44:27 PM »
So did peach spot the teams? Any news? Will there be any spoiler info?

And why would I bother to answer someone who thinks so well of us??

(it's unbelievable the sorts of things people at RFF pull out of their asses coming up with spec...and they do it with such an authoritative tone that you think they really have a reason to believe what they're saying despite the complete absence of evidence to support it).

Unbelievable is right. If you feel that way, then it is funny that you spend so much time here with us waiting on our every word!!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #531 on: July 11, 2011, 11:28:11 PM »
:lol: Looks like Peach is the official princess of spoilers.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 11:31:13 PM by Snooky »

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #532 on: July 12, 2011, 12:24:10 AM »
Just a quote: "Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to us who do."  :tup:

Don't question why they are not released now. Just wait for the right time, it will come. ;) You don't want to ruin the show, right? Be contented to what you have.... because if the spoilers have been released all in all, that's spoonfeeding, right?
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #533 on: July 12, 2011, 12:37:48 AM »
^^ Yes, but people come here to figure out who won, etc. If they don't have that info, most people won't care for visiting here anymore. They don't want to do work, they want spoilers. That's just the basic reality of things...

I personally don't even look at the spoilers for outcome, but that's what the majority care about, not about if they are being spoon-fed or not.

Anyway, let's come to the conclusion that Peach has already come to an agreement with the producers not to share any outcome spoilers, and will be cropping her photos so that  nothing can be spoiled and keep the originals for later use.

(And peach, feel free to move this anywhere since I'm sure it belongs somewhere, I wouldn't suggest deleting it this time, though)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 12:50:43 AM by Snooky »

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #534 on: July 12, 2011, 12:40:02 AM »
Just a quote: "Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to us who do."  :tup:

Don't question why they are not released now. Just wait for the right time, it will come. ;) You don't want to ruin the show, right? Be contented to what you have.... because if the spoilers have been released all in all, that's spoonfeeding, right?

Well said, Cocoa.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #535 on: July 12, 2011, 03:56:14 AM »

I will say this ONCE.

Our team WORKS for our information. Hard.

I have NO CBS or WRP or ANY production contacts feeding me any info. Now or ever.

I only wish! :lol:  Maybe I could have slept more than 2 hours a day for the past 3 weeks.

Now...

this thread is NOT for discussions on the ethics of spoiling. Or my techniques, for that matter. So moving on...

Oh editing this to add...

Whichever season we erroneously reported 4 beauty queens...

I did receive a terse message from someone possibly affiliated with WRP saying NOT 4 Beauty Queens. Does that count?? :lol3:

And really Snooky?? Threatening me now?? :res:

(And peach, feel free to move this anywhere since I'm sure it belongs somewhere, I wouldn't suggest deleting it this time, though)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 04:21:29 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #536 on: July 12, 2011, 08:26:00 AM »

(it's unbelievable the sorts of things people at RFF pull out of their asses coming up with spec...and they do it with such an authoritative tone that you think they really have a reason to believe what they're saying despite the complete absence of evidence to support it).

Unbelievable is right. If you feel that way, then it is funny that you spend so much time here with us waiting on our every word!!

I will say this ONCE.

I have NO CBS or WRP or ANY production contacts feeding me any info. Now or ever.

I only wish! :lol:  Maybe I could have slept more than 2 hours a day for the past 3 weeks.

Now...

this thread is NOT for discussions on the ethics of spoiling. Or my techniques, for that matter. So moving on...

I did receive a terse message from someone possibly affiliated with WRP saying NOT 4 Beauty Queens. Does that count?? :lol3:

Go peach! :jam: :jam:

There will always be haters and troublemakers. Those who hate the forum should leave it.

For confused newbies and guests, these negative opinions are not held by the majority (the real contributors).

Offline TrueNorth

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #537 on: July 12, 2011, 08:42:33 AM »
I don't post much, but geez, sometimes this gets ridiculous. I marvel at the work that all of the TAR detectives do. It's obvious you all enjoy what you are doing and it's also obvious that while "anyone" could theoretically do it, it takes some serious time and dedication to get results. Those of you who are "dying" to know who the winners are now are missing the point. The chase is the thing! And if you REALLY WANT TO KNOW THAT BADLY.....start planning to work on TAR 20 and earn some answers.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #538 on: July 12, 2011, 09:30:58 AM »

I will say this ONCE.

Now...

It wasn't threatening, it was blatantly since you were asleep and everyone would see it anyway. :lol:

Anyway, I love the work the TAR Detectives find, I just don't like how everything is so filtered that it seems to many like the TAR Detectives are hoarding spoilers and then show that you know certain things.

I honestly never look at outcome spoilers.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 09:34:27 AM by Snooky »

Offline MamaT

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #539 on: July 12, 2011, 09:35:23 AM »

THIS is one of the many reasons I love you peach!  Give 'em hell baby!!

There are so many that are very content to sit back and enjoy  the fruits of your labor, and then complain when you dont hand them everything they want to know.  I've always respected your philosophy that although you love the spoiling, you love the show more.  Your determination not to do anything to hurt the show, its contestants or its ratings makes you a class act in my book. 
And like others have said before,  if people want to know what happens on the Race,  let them spend a 10th of the time, effort and energy that you do on figuring things out.  If they're not willing to do that, then they have no right to complain!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #540 on: July 12, 2011, 10:39:25 AM »

Anyway, I love the work the TAR Detectives find, I just don't like how everything is so filtered that it seems to many like the TAR Detectives are hoarding spoilers and then show that you know certain things.

I honestly never look at outcome spoilers.

oxymoron?? If you "honestly" don't look, then why are you commenting on "hoarding spoilers"?? Since you then wouldn't know, right?

I appreciate everyone else! Our team is SO hard working, constantly balancing the thrill of the chase with the safety of the racers and the love of the SHOW (vs the spoilers). It can be a difficult balancing act that sometimes does require holding back some info temporarily. For those reading here only and not involved at RFF...I would suggest just avoiding the spoilers if you find that frustrating.

:thankyou: to everyone, we will hopefully have some info coming about the Finale events in the next few days once we all get some sleep, and catch up on our real life commitments, and review the day ourselves!

:ghug:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #541 on: July 12, 2011, 10:41:56 AM »
Thank you for all that you do for us, Peach and team! :<3 We love you! :hearts:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #542 on: July 12, 2011, 10:47:16 AM »
Peach is the best.  I only wish I could have joined her for the fun.   :jam: 

All the caterwauling babies should go back to Sucks where you can scream and cry together.

That being said has anybody tried to figure out where ritz077 works.  Good Luck!   :lol3:

from Fife's article today:
All was quiet on the Twitter front until 2:09 p.m. on July 10, 2010 when user ritz077 tweeted “The Amazing Race show just literally ran thru my workplace.” The user’s tweets about living in Atlanta were the first public indication that The Amazing Race 19’s final destination was the Georgian capital.

You Sucksters ought to fit right in with Mr. ritz077 !
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #543 on: July 12, 2011, 10:55:12 AM »
Peach is the best.  I only wish I could have joined her for the fun.   :jam: 

All the caterwauling babies should go back to Sucks where you can scream and cry together.

:yourock: Chateau! :box:

Can't wait Peach!  :hearts:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #544 on: July 12, 2011, 11:06:49 AM »

If the TAR Detectives are hoarding spoilers, I must have missed the meeting. :lol:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #545 on: July 12, 2011, 11:12:44 AM »

If the TAR Detectives are hoarding spoilers, I must have missed the meeting. :lol:

I must have missed that meeting too. Did they tell you about the secret handshake yet?   :lol3:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #546 on: July 12, 2011, 12:11:56 PM »
I'm stepping in to put an end to one particular discussion.

It would be ridiculous to spoil the finale before the show has even aired. Who would watch, care or discuss it. Regardless of this, what Peach knows or doesn't know is her prerogative to reveal or keep private. It is not for us to demand that she tell us. Fair warning. Any further comments about what Peach knows or doesn't know will be removed without notice and if needed further steps will be taken.

If you want spoilers and you aren't happy with what you know right now then do your own sleuthing or wait because at some point it will be revealed.

If you don't read or want spoilers then you are on the wrong board.

If you are reading here to carry it somewhere else, it's a little pathetic to demand answers so you can be a bigshot somewhere else.

One more comment. I would be extremely careful about stating something as fact if you don't have proof that it IS a fact. As far as I know, message board posts are subject to libel laws.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline KingCrimson88

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #547 on: July 12, 2011, 01:08:40 PM »

Actually, this seems like a great place to be if you don't want spoilers  :lol:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #548 on: July 12, 2011, 01:31:43 PM »

Actually, this seems like a great place to be if you don't want spoilers  :lol:

And the meaning of this is?

This is my last warning. Anything else about this particular subject will be removed without notice.

Get back on topic please.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline kadilahopper

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #549 on: July 12, 2011, 04:50:09 PM »
My goodness folks.  The TAR detectives work hard for us.  We reap the benefits of their labor.  I enjoy sitting home with my bon bons while they snoop out the latest ondits.  As my mom always told me.  PLAY NICE