Author Topic: Finale Discussion  (Read 15904 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Finale Discussion
« on: May 24, 2011, 11:20:29 PM »
Starting it just so that TL or Ruth can't start the thread. :neener:

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
Re: Finale Discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 02:30:00 AM »
I hope Lauren can win this thing.

If she wins, she will become the youngest American Idol to win?  :)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 08:39:06 AM »
DialIdol has Scotty way ahead. I don't think they have been wrong on a finale.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 09:19:23 AM »
If it was based on who made you cry  :'(  the most when you sang I would Lauren is the clear favorite to win! That last song was just beautiful! :hrt:

I still believe that Lauren will win. :tup:
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 09:23:32 AM »
It could still go either way...you never know with the voters these days. But maybe more people voted last night than all season long. :duno:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 10:09:08 AM »
I have said it since the Top 13 ever since Lauren performed that I was a fan. Before the Top 10 were revealed, I predicted Lauren would be in the F2 and has a chance to win it. Around the Top 8 or 9, i predicted she would win.

I still think she has a chance. To hell with DialIdol. DialIdol has failed a record number of times this season and I believe that with the unexpectedness of the finale last night, it will be ONE HELL OF A TIGHT RACE... But i'm still rooting for Lauren to win.

Lauren winning points last night -
1. The doctor coming up onto the stage and certifying that Lauren did have a bad throat but can still perform, but at the end of the day, she performed so well and people would step it up to vote for her.

2. Carrie Underwood. All Carrie Underwood's fans will unite to vote for America's Sweetheart. She performed the second song so well and I don't think there's another way to do justice to her Idol's song.

3. All the females and mommas and sons who love their mommas will spare a vote or two for Lauren because of her last song. It was the moment of the night, not to mention that she was the last performer to end the show and not only that, it was the BEST performance of the night.

4. Besides the opener, Scotty's remaining two performances were snooze-fest. You see, while Lauren's busy garnering up votes that she did not have as compared to Scotty, Scotty's not gaining any votes there.

5. Scotty still looked weird when performing. And he went flat in his last song, a couple of times. His second song was the worst performance of the night and I thought he looked weird when he swayed left and right while performing. It was not a scene  that looked too good on National TV.

No doubt Scotty has been the EXTREME front-runner of this competition with SO MANY VOTES THROUGHOUT the weeks, I can tell you for sure that tonight Lauren fought hard and that last song's going to help push ten votes or what for Lauren in every household.

LAUREN ALAINA
FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joab predicts and hope with all my heart that Lauren Alaina will win.

Because she is the best representative of a good American Idol and we all know she'll do better than Scotty in terms of market album sales. :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 10:20:19 AM »
I'm trying not to be worried about the DialIdol prediction. It has definitely got me into worrying Lauren might not win but I shall come up with some weird lame excuses/explanations why it is not accurate.

http://dialidol.com/asp/predictions/Predictions.asp?week=9&sort=TD&type=score&season=10

Pia was predicted safe for Week 9 with a 7.015 voting amount. Paul had the lowest amount with 1.489. So with all things count, there's at least a 5.5 amount of parallex votes that could go either way.

http://dialidol.com/asp/predictions/Predictions.asp?week=7&sort=TD&type=score&season=10

Week 7 Jacob had a 14.402 with a second top most vote amount. In the end he was in the bottom three and Casey who had only 7.462 with second lowest vote amount predicted was actually not in the Bottom 3. At least a 7.0 amount in parallex votes that could go either way.

According to last night DI prediction, Lauren's at least 8 points behind Scotty... but we all know DI only measures those people who actually uses the DI system which is actually only a small portion of America. I daresay that with Lauren's standout performance last night, she still stands a chance.

Okay, please do not comment on a young fan boy's heart to try and deceive himself that his Idol still has a shot on winning if all you have to say is negative things about this post. I have enough of worrying to do... i don't want Crystal disappointment V2.0 :groan: :'(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 12:24:17 PM »
I like Lauren.

Us Georgia girls gotta stick together.

LOVE her!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 03:20:05 PM »
 :lol3:  :neener: at Ms. Whatevia!

It could go either way, DialIdol hasn't been 100% right this year, there are so many ways to vote now. Their numbers were weird last night. At 9:22pm CDT Scotty had a score of 26.616 and Lauren had 16.293. An hour later Scotty had 24.777, Lauren had 14.986. 2 hours later. 11:22pm CDT Scotty had a score of 21.983, Lauren with a score of 13.487 and this morning the score was 19.356 and Lauren with 11.286.

I thought Scotty was overpowered by the band in the second round. Not the first time this has happened to one of the performers. I hated hearing about Lauren with the doctor came on on to tell us that she had a problem with her vocal cords, that made me worry about every little nuance in her songs.

All in all they both gave it all they had. I think if anything puts Lauren over the top will be Lauren's last song about mothers. It was an emotional song and brought her own mom to tears.

If they win because of costumes, Lauren will win hands down! She looked GREAT last night!

ETA: I wouldn't break your heart by favoring Scotty Ms. Whatevia. And Crystal Bowersox was ROBBED!  :jam:
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 03:45:38 PM by TexasLady »
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 03:30:43 PM »
Round 1:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 03:35:25 PM »
Round 2

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 03:42:02 PM »
Round 3

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 07:06:48 PM »
Can I post updates? :D
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2011, 09:04:18 PM »
I think Scotty performed better overall. He has been the clear front runner and favorite this year it seems. So I will say that he is going to win. No matter what though he has a guaranteed career in his genre. He has mastered that slow country sound.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2011, 09:11:41 PM »
Can I post updates? :D

Cocoa! I wish you had!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2011, 09:26:06 PM »
It's 9PM on the West Coast, I think it's safe to post this in big bold letters!

The winner of American Idol, Season 10 is.... Scotty McCreery!
Congratulations Scotty and Lauren! Both winners!!!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 11:04:27 PM by TexasLady »

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2011, 09:28:45 PM »
OMG. ****** won!  :wohoo: Both of them
deserve it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2011, 09:39:07 PM »
who who who???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2011, 09:39:57 PM »
 :flirt: hmm more than friends?
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2011, 10:05:02 PM »
What is the title of the winning song?

This Is My Now <3!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2011, 11:18:07 PM »
:flirt: hmm more than friends?

We saw that... and we also heard something like: Lauren and I have been together since the beginning... and I love you baby.   :hrt:  

I think the title of the song is "I love you this big."   (Correct me if I have it wrong!)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2011, 12:24:02 AM »
Okay, Lauren was definitely not robbed because Scotty was a consistent performer all season long.

And maybe not winning Idol is a good thing. Ask Chris Daughtry and JHud about that. :lol:

But eww, 4 male winners in a row = snooze fest.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2011, 08:52:21 AM »
The odd thing is that there have been more male winners in AI history but none of them are very memorable.  :lol:

I would have felt bad for Scott if Lauren had won because the production and judges pimped her so much. But what it came down to is the fact that finale night performances don't matter much for who is going to win. Who really goes into the final performances with an open mind trying to decide who they will vote for? Everybody already knows who they like.

And obviously America had already decided from a while back that they liked Scotty better.

Anyway I don't consider myself a fan but he deserves the win and seems like a really nice, genuine guy. :congrats:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2011, 09:28:31 AM »
Brian Kilmeade interviewed Lauren and Scotty this morning. Scotty said he'd only had 2 hours of sleep. Asked if he and Lauren were dating, he said just friends.

As to why there are more male winners,  it might be something as simple as the teenage girls vote more for their favorite.  :lol:

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2011, 03:46:11 PM »
I liked both Scotty and Lauren so it really didn't matter who won to me but...I thought the finale was boring.  The guest singers picked to sing with the idols were beyond strange.  My first disappointment was Haley.  She is a young beautiful woman and she is singing with an OLD 85 year old.  Loved Casey and Jack Black.  The final two did have great duets.  Thankful I had Fast Forward button!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2011, 11:26:08 AM »
I know this is late but I thought it was interesting.

Idol' Finalists Tour Contract -- $1,000 per Show

5/21/2011 12:55 AM PDT by TMZ Staff 

"American Idol's" top 11 finalists are set to make bank over the summer -- because TMZ has learned they'll each get paid $1,000 for EVERY show they perform during the American Idol Live Tour.

TMZ obtained a copy of the contract all Idol finalists had to sign before the show -- which spells out exactly how much dough they'll pull in if they're invited to participate on the international tour.

In addition to the $1,000-per-concert -- the documents show each finalist will share in merchandise profits from the tour ... and will also receive $50 in spending cash for non-concert days.

Finalists are also guaranteed to stay in "Marriott/Hyatt style" hotel accommodations while on the road -- and will fly coach between tour stops.

According to the contract, the tour will kick off immediately after the Season 10 winner is announced on May 25 -- and will go until the end of September.

Not bad for a summer job.

Source: http://www.tmz.com/2011/05/21/idol-finalists-tour-contract-1-000-per-show-american-idol-live-tour-fox-concert/

Offline JamesKillough

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2011, 08:32:09 PM »
Our style contributor James Tuttle on the PFC blog wrote a fabulous article about what it was like to attend the live performance of the AI finale.  read it here:  http://jameskillough.wordpress.com/2011/06/01/idolatry/.

Enjoy!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2011, 01:52:30 PM »
Interesting article. Welcome to RFF James!

:welcome2:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2011, 02:01:51 PM »
Moving right along with their careers!

New duo on the country scene
Philippine Daily Inquirer
8:51 pm | 8:51 pm

NEW YORK – In their own style, Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina are the newest duo on the country scene.

Just a week following the season finale of “American Idol,” the teenagers are together doing press like a team – and this team doesn’t roll alone: They’re equipped with publicists, security guards, managers, record label extras and their real bosses – their mothers.

Same career track

McCreery beat Alaina to become the season 10 champ, but the fact that they are both young country singers with similar goals puts them on the same career track.

Ahead of their “Idol” Top 11 tour – which starts next month – they will visit Nashville to begin prep on their debut albums. “We’re going to work with the record people down there and get some songs straightened out and hopefully I’ll get to listen to them, get to learn them,” McCreery said.

“American Idol” – the No. 1-rated show on TV – can make you a star, but not all of the show’s winners actually come out on top. Remember Taylor Hicks? What about Ruben Studdard?

Alaina, 16, thinks country music fans are what kept her and McCreery in the running. “Well, country fans are really loyal, so I think that’s why Scotty and I did so good,” she said. “We’re young and so we appeal to a younger crowd, and I think that the combination of those two things really helped us out.”

McCreery, a 17-year-old from Garner, North Carolina, said growing up, his friends listened to Backstreet Boys and ’N Sync, while he jammed to Elvis and Johnny Cash. “I guess you could say I was the weird one. But, no, I was the one who listened to good music,” he said. McCreery says that uniqueness – along with his baritone-styled voice – is what led to his victory.

Same page, too

McCreery and Alaina are also on the same page about recording pop music: While there’s interest, staying true to their country roots is their top priority.

Alaina wants to follow in Carrie Underwood’s footsteps, while McCreery is hoping to maintain a classic country sound with a “contemporary twist to keep it up-to-date.”  With the album I just want to establish myself as an artist and put my stamp on that album,” he said. “My main focus is going to be country music. That’s what I grew up with and what I love.”

So far, the country world has been accepting: McCreery and Alaina’s first singles have hit the Top 40 on the country charts and the Top 20 on the pop charts. Their label, Mercury Nashville, ran an ad in the Billboard Country Update, a web newsletter, welcoming the singers and thanking “Country Radio for a great start.”

Read the rest here: http://entertainment.inquirer.net/2752/new-duo-on-the-country-scene

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2011, 02:03:40 PM »
Glad to see Scotty and Lauren working together. :tup:

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2011, 10:22:20 AM »
So I've only just watched the finale 'cos I've been overseas (but I heard of the results). Well, it was no surprise that Scotty won. I thought that Lauren performed slightly better during the finale, but Scotty's fans are just unbeatable. He really led the pack since the very beginning, kudos to him.

As much as I'd have preferred a Lauren win, I'd say that Scotty does deserve it. He's truly grown as a singer and performer over the season, and I think he's a really really nice guy. He's stayed humble all this while, which is pretty endearing. I don't know how well he'll do as a recording artiste, but I can't wait to find out.

It's a slight bummer that 4 guys have won consecutively, I don't know if a girl will ever win again, but we'll see. Overall, it's been a great season. Congrats to Scotty and Lauren!
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`