Other Great Reality Shows > American Idol

Top 3 Discussion

<< < (3/7) > >>

TexasLady:
I think Joab is on it. Scotty has a HUGE fan base, and DialIdol has him up by a higher amount than I have ever seen for him so it seems that James Durbin's votes went to Scotty. I can see Hayley going home tonight. (My predictions were surely wrong about final 2 though.)  :lol:

I think there were problems last night, I thought the band overpowered Lauren's first song in parts. I don't know what it sounded like for the audience but it really bothered me that in parts, her voice was barely audible.  

I just hate it when someone falters or makes a mistake and then the judges, mostly Randy, cannot stop talking about it. It diminishes the performance and enhances the fault.. not good for voting for that person. When Lauren was singing, I knew she'd blown something because she missed a beat but I had no fear that I wouldn't find out what happened and I was right, she missed a change as Steven explained it, or caught in the moment as J Lo explained. It was a minor error.

I also think Hayley's last song wasn't arranged right, parts were too low for her register. That's why she sounded so good in the chorus.. it was the higher register for her voice.
All in all, Hayley was beautiful, her second song was perfect for her, I loved the wind machine.

I didn't like Scotty's last song as much but he did a good job, didn't seem to get upset that he wasn't pumped up as much as the girls. He's already a good performer.

bee1233:
Just my 2 cents worth...Over the last several seasons the winner was determined this week by an outstanding performance.  I still have last years on my DVR.  I don't think any of them had that moment this year.  I do like all three but no one stood out way above the others.  Really at this point I don't care who wins but I do enjoy watching Haley perform because she is having fun.

AmazingRace:
YAY! I heart the Final 2!

TexasLady:

--- Quote from: bee1233 on May 19, 2011, 06:29:43 PM ---Just my 2 cents worth...Over the last several seasons the winner was determined this week by an outstanding performance.  I still have last years on my DVR.  I don't think any of them had that moment this year.  I do like all three but no one stood out way above the others.  Really at this point I don't care who wins but I do enjoy watching Haley perform because she is having fun.

--- End quote ---

I agree with you bee, I can't say anyone really stood out and banged it out of the park like we've seen in the past, maybe James because he was so flamboyant and entertaining. But we had solid, good performers this year, thankfully!

TexasLady:
SPOILER! If you don't want to know.. you don't have to read the results, hidden unless you mouse over between the ***s!  :tup:

*** Congratulations to Lauren and Scotty! Final TWO! ***

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version