Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 9 "We're Good American People" (Switzerland)  (Read 238387 times)

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 18 Ep 9 "We're Good American People" (Switzerland)
« Reply #550 on: April 24, 2011, 10:35:34 AM »
We know from the press release that:

ONE Team struggles to consume a local delicacy (FONDUE) while others become acquainted with Swiss hospitality (Luggage Delivery??)

But one team may ALSO struggle on the BELLBOY/luggage task.

Luggage tags! :o      Don't forget your receipt!!

vintage tags for illustration only

That is why the roadblock is very crucial... If indeed they were U-turned, then they have to be in the middle who finishes the moped task... and gain at least 30-45 minutes from that task ahead of at least 1 team so that it will be just consumed on the detour tasks... The only thing we need to hope is that Gary was able to help in the calculations of Jet, then others redone the task or lost for quite sometime... I do hope they got U-turned than the ones who could have lost the luggage receipt... Losing the receipt is good as getting U-turned... you need to put some effort in finding it first then to realize they have to switch task then have a hard time eating....

I like bystander's comment about losing a luggage receipt being a defacto U-Turn. It fits with Peach's clue too.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #551 on: April 24, 2011, 10:50:16 AM »
We know from the press release that:

ONE Team struggles to consume a local delicacy (FONDUE) while others become acquainted with Swiss hospitality (Luggage Delivery??)

But one team may ALSO struggle on the BELLBOY/luggage task.

Luggage tags! :o      Don't forget your receipt!!

vintage tags for illustration only

That is why the roadblock is very crucial... If indeed they were U-turned, then they have to be in the middle who finishes the moped task... and gain at least 30-45 minutes from that task ahead of at least 1 team so that it will be just consumed on the detour tasks... The only thing we need to hope is that Gary was able to help in the calculations of Jet, then others redone the task or lost for quite sometime... I do hope they got U-turned than the ones who could have lost the luggage receipt... Losing the receipt is good as getting U-turned... you need to put some effort in finding it first then to realize they have to switch task then have a hard time eating....

I like bystander's comment about losing a luggage receipt being a defacto U-Turn. It fits with Peach's clue too.

OK... If the cowboys decided to switch detour after losing the receipt and do cheese instead that is fine.  If they are the ones who lost the receipt AND got U-Turned to boot, they are sunk.  They have to COMPLETE both detour options in the U-Turn.  They would first have to find the receipt or get a new one and then go do the cheese.

Offline Shiryu01

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #552 on: April 24, 2011, 11:01:26 AM »
Uhm, I think the cowboys do get u-turned, but somebody else loses the receipt and/or doesn't figure out the clue for the pit stop and gets eliminated. To me it makes sense to u-turn a team as strong as Jet and Cord are, especially as we are getting close to the final leg and it could be the last chance to do so. In fact, I'd go as far as saying that IMO the GTs are the ones who u-turn them, it would fit with their comment in one of the video promos and with the statement that everyone is "ganging up" on the cowboys. How else can one or more teams damage another if not by using the u-turn?

Uhm, I think for the first time tonight I'll watch the live stream! Peach, I'm counting on you!!  :<3
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #553 on: April 24, 2011, 11:08:14 AM »
Another thing that I am struggling with... When Gary met up with Jet on the moped task, Gary said his od reading was 10.75 and Jet said his was 17.5 and that he thought he took a wrong turn somewhere. Wouldn't Jet have to go back to the beginning before heading out with Gary or at least do the task over to get the correct reading I wonder?  I can't see Gary (who is already a bit behind) waiting for Jet to go all the way back to the start and then come back for him.  More likely that Jet continued on with Gary in hopes he would be close enough and then possibly had to repeat the task?

I predict that Gary got it right, Jet got it wrong and Gallory are ahead of Jet & Cord at this point.

Offline bystander

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #554 on: April 24, 2011, 11:16:41 AM »
Another thing that I am struggling with... When Gary met up with Jet on the moped task, Gary said his od reading was 10.75 and Jet said his was 17.5 and that he thought he took a wrong turn somewhere. Wouldn't Jet have to go back to the beginning before heading out with Gary or at least do the task over to get the correct reading I wonder?  I can't see Gary (who is already a bit behind) waiting for Jet to go all the way back to the start and then come back for him.  More likely that Jet continued on with Gary in hopes he would be close enough and then possibly had to repeat the task?

I predict that Gary got it right, Jet got it wrong and Gallory are ahead of Jet & Cord at this point.

They only had to calculate the length... I guess that it is legal to follow somebody's answer especially if they were helping each other... They only had to show their calculations, if they had the wrong answer they can approximate on how much they travelled the wrong way or the turn abouts... the best way though to get it right is to redo it again...  :duno:

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #555 on: April 24, 2011, 11:59:52 AM »
They only had to calculate the length... I guess that it is legal to follow somebody's answer especially if they were helping each other... They only had to show their calculations, if they had the wrong answer they can approximate on how much they travelled the wrong way or the turn abouts... the best way though to get it right is to redo it again...  :duno:

The Promo's say they have to measure... Unless someone is keeping extremely good notes, there is no way they could accurately calculate if they know they have taken wrong turns or traveled the wrong way for any amount of time.  They would almost certainly have to repeat it if they were wrong the first time.  There shouldn't be any excuse not to get it right the second time.  If Gary got it right the first time and they accept Jet's 'Copy' calculations from Gary, they should be fine then.  I was just thinking the Odometer reading had to be correct or only off by a small amount. 

Offline tombc52

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #556 on: April 24, 2011, 02:26:42 PM »
hey there

as i live right next door i decided to check out the actual locations

the pic with gary & mallory doing there speedbump is definitely in schaanwald right next to the border, unfortunately i wasnt able to figure out the actual location

the pic with jet & cord is on the footpath up to balzers castle

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #557 on: April 24, 2011, 02:30:21 PM »
Oh tomb!! This is wonderful, thank you so much! :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #558 on: April 24, 2011, 02:31:47 PM »
I have just posted an Episode 9 SPOILER SUMMARY in post #1!! Enjoy!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #559 on: April 24, 2011, 02:51:06 PM »
Thanks tombc52!!!!
Matthew 7:15

Offline Heliox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #560 on: April 24, 2011, 02:56:39 PM »
Thanks for the episode summary, was driving me nuts trying to find previews that could be viewed in Canada.

And that last  clip of Jet/Cord with Cord in the bellboy suit and saying 'we are not going until you say go' ... I assume that is at the pitstop this leg?? Or am I totally confused on this, it seems so odd to release something from the pit mat. Cowboys are safe??

Offline Shiryu01

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #561 on: April 24, 2011, 03:00:11 PM »
Thanks for the episode summary, was driving me nuts trying to find previews that could be viewed in Canada.

And that last  clip of Jet/Cord with Cord in the bellboy suit and saying 'we are not going until you say go' ... I assume that is at the pitstop this leg?? Or am I totally confused on this, it seems so odd to release something from the pit mat. Cowboys are safe??
It's from last leg, you can sort of see Jen and Cord is wearing the chimney sweeper uniform.
The real question is what Peach meant by posting it here...

NoluckBoston

« Reply #562 on: April 24, 2011, 03:00:33 PM »
 B:)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 04:50:28 PM by NoluckBoston »

Offline raina

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #563 on: April 24, 2011, 03:06:40 PM »
Awesome episode summary, Peach!  I'm very excited about this episode.  

Thanks for the photo of the Kaiser building, tombc52!  So it's not their  main factory building but probably something nearby?  We'll find out soon enough.

My personal hope is that one of the three non-Kentucky teams goes home, but I honestly don't mind either way.  It's all fun.  

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #564 on: April 24, 2011, 03:16:07 PM »

'

We always have the vids, Heliox, post 2!! :happy:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline raina

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #565 on: April 24, 2011, 03:49:03 PM »
Now I feel silly, looks like that building is right across the street and the SB location is right off the road in the little parking area.  The rail poles, the litlte burned area, the trees all seem to match.   http://goo.gl/maps/FPPw

---
That video's ending with "One more leg" seems a little doomsday like. :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #566 on: April 24, 2011, 03:59:03 PM »
I think this is where they get the bikes, so very easy for G/M if the speedbump is right there. AND they can walk right over from border control too. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline tombc52

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #567 on: April 24, 2011, 04:02:35 PM »
Now I feel silly, looks like that building is right across the street and the SB location is right off the road in the little parking area.  The rail poles, the litlte burned area, the trees all seem to match.   http://goo.gl/maps/FPPw

---

Thats what I was thinking too but thats not where it is. There a thick bushes obstructing the view to the Kaiser Building from the parking area.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #568 on: April 24, 2011, 04:04:49 PM »
Could they maybe be up on the slope beside the building? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #569 on: April 24, 2011, 04:21:41 PM »

Reminds me of the epilogues of movies after the main character dies, with a clip from a home video camera showing happier times and foreshadowing to the inevitable...

Offline raina

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #570 on: April 24, 2011, 04:22:49 PM »
Thats what I was thinking too but thats not where it is. There a thick bushes obstructing the view to the Kaiser Building from the parking area.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eVtf-1vweo  

You can see the building in this video at 0:22 seconds and then the little parking lot area/hill area? where they would've taken the shot from...  I think since it was winter, the trees wouldn't obstruct the view.  You can see a few of them in the shot of Gary/Mallory. 
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 04:28:33 PM by raina »

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #571 on: April 24, 2011, 04:31:52 PM »
The video of Jet & Cord from the last mat...seems pretty ominous to me.  "We're still here until you say go...one more leg."  Maybe this is the "one more leg".

Offline Shiryu01

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #572 on: April 24, 2011, 04:55:09 PM »
I'm clutching at straws here, but maybe it means they are still safe at the end? I mean, it's not like Peach could have posted a clip from the new episode.
Ok, I admit there is hardly hope  :( U-Turned near the end, with virtually no time to make up, and probably the only u-turned team too. There's no way they can survive this.

Offline nash

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Philippians 4:13
« Reply #573 on: April 24, 2011, 05:07:24 PM »
Ughhhh...  Now I don't even want to watch...    :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Saravannan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #574 on: April 24, 2011, 05:17:45 PM »
Ughhhh...  Now I don't even want to watch...    :'( :'( :'( :'(

I'm absolutely terrified too D: