Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 9 "We're Good American People" (Switzerland)  (Read 238420 times)

Offline doedoe

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 18 Ep 9 "We're Good American People" (Switzerland)
« Reply #400 on: April 22, 2011, 03:26:12 PM »
I think I said ONE TEAM. No team was specified. 

Maybe I need to go out of the clue business:wall:

No, please!  You are so good that it!

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #401 on: April 22, 2011, 03:26:52 PM »

i took your clue to mean kynt and vyxsin because they also forgot their recits on delerving the tea in season 12. so thats what i think now

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #402 on: April 22, 2011, 03:32:13 PM »
I read your clues, Peach! Don't stop giving them!

We know from the press release that:

ONE Team struggles to consume a local delicacy (FONDUE) while others become acquainted with Swiss hospitality (Luggage Delivery??)

But one team may ALSO struggle on the BELLBOY/luggage task.

Luggage tags! :o      Don't forget your receipt!!

vintage tags for illustration only

Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline nash

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Philippians 4:13
« Reply #403 on: April 22, 2011, 03:33:06 PM »

No need for that!  I think I understand what you mean...  Just that ONE team struggles at the luggage task.  Not related to who struggles at the food task at all.  Could be the same team or could not be...  But I am comforted by the fact that it is not DEFINITELY the same team that struggles at both!

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #404 on: April 22, 2011, 03:34:58 PM »
this is why its kynt and vxysin 'nough said

Offline raina

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #405 on: April 22, 2011, 04:20:42 PM »
Nooooo, Peach, some of us live on your clues. :)

I added another image of the gas station in the previous post, because once you find something, it just pours. There's only one station from that company in Liechtenstein, so it kind of has to be that... 
---
The team that struggles could be anyone at this point.  It could be Kynt and Vyxsin.   It could also have something to do with the Episode Title. 

-----

Route Video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cirN0Vcmvqo

It's a video of the entire route the teams will take, but in the opposite direction.  It starts in Balzers and ends in Schaanwald. 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 05:01:04 PM by raina »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #406 on: April 22, 2011, 04:33:42 PM »
I meant that the cowboys are the ONE team?

I know what you meant. :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #407 on: April 22, 2011, 05:00:44 PM »
Raina I love your map and am going to put it the summary thread. And I love your being able to find the gas station in the promo. :hearts:

And yes, the speedbump should involve fueling the mopeds.

BUT we do have to remember that Gallory will have to do the speedbump BEFORE they start on the RB, so if that gas/petrol station is halfway along the RB route, I don't think we can say that that is where the speedbump takes place, right??  :(

And that video is a snoozefest, but look at all the roundabouts. Someone could easily get lost, or just go a couple of blocks out of their way, and have a wrong odometer reading. Navigation is a good thing in this task.

And that vid goes S>North, took me the whole thing to figure that out!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline raina

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #408 on: April 22, 2011, 05:06:10 PM »
And that vid goes S>North, took me the whole thing to figure that out!
I finally slapped myself awake to see a bit of it and saw that it was South to North..  I was all happy to see the gas station pass by.  It really is a snooze although I do feel like I virtually did the roadblock now.  

I think you're right about this not being the speedbump spot.  I speculated earlier that it could be just a check in spot to make sure they're doing it right?  Like you wouldn't want to send a team back the entire way, so they could do it in two segments.  Or it could be just a passing shot, who knows?

Glad the map was a little useful!  Thanks!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #409 on: April 22, 2011, 05:20:43 PM »
I wonder if it isn't a passing shot too...but GREAT job either way!! :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #410 on: April 22, 2011, 05:34:12 PM »
The Amazing Race Episode 10:
Too Many Cooks in the Kitchen (Switzerland)

« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 06:12:08 PM by loverocked »
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #411 on: April 22, 2011, 05:48:50 PM »
Thanks!!  :wohoo:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ianinator

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #412 on: April 22, 2011, 06:18:38 PM »
Hey Peach!

have you posted the promo yet on youtube? if you haven't so, will you please upload it for everyone? because apparently, CBS won't let e see the promo because I'm not from America.. -.-

Offline ianinator

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #413 on: April 22, 2011, 06:19:20 PM »
Hey Peach!

have you posted the promo yet on youtube? if you haven't so, will you please upload it for everyone? because apparently, CBS won't let e see the promo because I'm not from America.. -.-

Thanks! =)

Offline tombc52

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #414 on: April 22, 2011, 06:23:01 PM »
Ok some ppl said that there was a 13:48 train that Jet/Cord, Kisha/Jen, FT/BE were seen on..
Was there another there another train earlier or later? Or was it a bunch train?

I was the one that saw Kisha and Jen on that particular train. I didnt see any other teams. The train was only lightly occupied. If there was another team on I would have seen them.

From what we know now I'm pretty sure that they rode the RJ362 from Salzburg to Feldkirch (since the screencap shows them arriving in Feldkirch in daylight).

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #415 on: April 22, 2011, 06:24:39 PM »
 :didimiss:  Why is everybody certain Gary is getting gas instead of just passing by the Agip station on Landstrasse? I've run through the video a few times and I still don't see it.  ???

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #416 on: April 22, 2011, 06:34:34 PM »
We were just talking about that...the gas is a speedbump thing, so can't be in the middle of the RB. So Gary's shot has to be just a drive-by shot.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #417 on: April 22, 2011, 06:35:23 PM »
Hey Peach!

Is there a new one?? ??? All the others are in the second post of this thread, as always.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #418 on: April 22, 2011, 06:55:37 PM »
I'm going to set aside the wishful thinking and point this point.

I don't see anything in the tasks thought to be for the detour options, or the roadblock that would give the Cowboys any particular problem, or more of a problem than for the other teams. They've shown again and again that they're particularly adept at tasks.
They may well be U-Turned, but I suspect that move on the part of any of the other teams except for Kent-Vyxzen who can't do it, will backfire; and if Kent-Vxyzen lobby other teams to do it, it may still backfire in their faces.
Which team would struggle in the fondue task -- a team without a strong stomach for the taste of Swiss cheese (which is often what is used in fondue).  Which team would have trouble with the luggage task, a team that has trouble with tasks requiring strength. At the moment, I don't expect any of the teams would stuggle with the moped task; but we may not know all there is to know about that task yet, so we'll see.
The editors made a point of giving us a flashback to the Cowboys worse-to-first-plus-a-spredback leg in their original season; I suspect this week may be something similar. Who goes home? I don't know, but I do think Kent-Vxyzen deserve to at this point.
-- theschnauzers

Offline crystiluv

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Go Gary and Mallory!
« Reply #419 on: April 22, 2011, 07:01:58 PM »
When Gary is leaving the gas station in promo 1A, he says "It's like the Tour de France." Well... in the Tour de France, if im not mistaken, there are checkpoints and you must stop at each one and check in to finish the race? Gary could be comparing to that... I think the gas station is DEFINITELY a checkpoint.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 07:07:50 PM by crystiluv »
Amazing Race is Amazing. Ever noticed?

Gary/Mallory & Jet/Cord for TAR 18.

Offline crystiluv

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Go Gary and Mallory!
« Reply #420 on: April 22, 2011, 07:05:22 PM »
I'm going to set aside the wishful thinking and point this point.

I don't see anything in the tasks thought to be for the detour options, or the roadblock that would give the Cowboys any particular problem, or more of a problem than for the other teams. They've shown again and again that they're particularly adept at tasks.
They may well be U-Turned, but I suspect that move on the part of any of the other teams except for Kent-Vyxzen who can't do it, will backfire; and if Kent-Vxyzen lobby other teams to do it, it may still backfire in their faces.
Which team would struggle in the fondue task -- a team without a strong stomach for the taste of Swiss cheese (which is often what is used in fondue).  Which team would have trouble with the luggage task, a team that has trouble with tasks requiring strength. At the moment, I don't expect any of the teams would stuggle with the moped task; but we may not know all there is to know about that task yet, so we'll see.
The editors made a point of giving us a flashback to the Cowboys worse-to-first-plus-a-spredback leg in their original season; I suspect this week may be something similar. Who goes home? I don't know, but I do think Kent-Vxyzen deserve to at this point.

I agree that they should go home. They fight too much and by now they're just annoying. :meow:
Amazing Race is Amazing. Ever noticed?

Gary/Mallory & Jet/Cord for TAR 18.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #421 on: April 22, 2011, 07:12:00 PM »
When Gary is leaving the gas station in promo 1A, he says "It's like the Tour de France." Well... in the Tour de France, if im not mistaken, there are checkpoints and you must stop at each one and check in to finish the race? Gary could be comparing to that... I think the gas station is DEFINITELY a checkpoint.

He was referring to "streaming" behind another racer , not to checkpoints, I believe.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #422 on: April 22, 2011, 07:38:55 PM »
I believe the term is "drafting." It means, in Tour de France terms, to get behind another rider and let the rider in front take the wind. It takes less effort for the following rider to keep the same speed. In Gary's case, it might mean that he uses less gas.
Matthew 7:15

Offline IceMelts

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #423 on: April 22, 2011, 07:43:09 PM »
Hi, I've been a lurker here for a while, and I just wanted to point out that there's a new episode preview on the CBS site:
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/video/?pid=cca52xfQZMdJjhT6oT9PqFm68vWdOgYg&vs=homepage&play=true

It seems like everyone messes up at the roadblock. haha
and Justin does the road block, too.

Offline raina

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #424 on: April 22, 2011, 07:44:20 PM »
:didimiss:  Why is everybody certain Gary is getting gas instead of just passing by the Agip station on Landstrasse? I've run through the video a few times and I still don't see it.  ???
I think you're right about it not being the pitstop.  In the promo, they don't seem to be slowing down while going by the station/stone wall area.  
---

Something I've been wondering about is this cap:

Why the second red and white location circle?  Might that be the speed bump location?  In searching for bikeshops, there are four listed for bike rental in Liechtenstein.  The two I mentioned earlier and another one in Triesen.  All three are down south after Vaduz.  However, the last one is in Mauren which is west of Schaanwald close to the starting location.

This is the one in Mauren:  http://fahrradshop.li/%C3%9Cberuns/Lageplan/tabid/77/Default.aspx

A is the location of the Mauren Bike Rental Shop (Martin's Fahrradshop AG) and B is the Agrola Gas Station (the northernmost gas station in Liechtenstein).  Could work?   It would give a reason for that second location on the map.