Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 9 "We're Good American People" (Switzerland)  (Read 238371 times)

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 18 Ep 9 "We're Good American People" (Switzerland)
« Reply #375 on: April 21, 2011, 09:26:23 PM »
Thats Jet  :lol:
my bad =( i thought that but im like they could be trying to throw us!

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
« Reply #376 on: April 21, 2011, 09:27:44 PM »
Thats Jet  :lol:
my bad =( i thought that but im like they could be trying to throw us!
:) its alright haha, I know how sometimes you think you're onto something but you aren't.
Its still likely he could be doing it though.

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #377 on: April 21, 2011, 09:42:14 PM »
i think zev is actually gonna do the final road block if they get that far. idk y just a hunch that he mite remember more(assuming final RB is a memory related task)

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You'll see me in the amazing race soon!
« Reply #378 on: April 21, 2011, 10:08:44 PM »
I was watching the 2nd promo (promo 1A) and noticed something.

Kent/Vyxin was in the train right?

Anyways just a thought. I think all these "ganging up against the cowboys" are just discussions teams made when they saw "DOUBLE-U-TURN AHEAD" after they have departed from the pitstop. To me it seems like the producers are just trying to keep us on the edge of the seat by using the cowboys to put fear in us cowboys fan. To me it's extremely hard to assume that anyone has been u-turned.. even though most likely the cowboys are u-turned haha.

I can't wait! 3 more days! :D
"Im sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the race" is the most horrible thing to hear on TAR haha :)

NoluckBoston

« Reply #379 on: April 21, 2011, 10:27:03 PM »
So the The image of K/V on the tram is taken after the rode block? She is still wearing the goggles.

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
« Reply #380 on: April 21, 2011, 10:33:06 PM »
So the The image of K/V on the tram is taken after the rode block? She is still wearing the goggles.

Good spotting!
They both look relatively happy too, maybe they finished fast.

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #381 on: April 21, 2011, 10:43:46 PM »

Good spotting!

omg yeah, that is true. I didnt notice that >.< Im sure they're one of the first few to finish the roadblock.

But still, they might screw up in the detour haha! :) And end up getting u-turned instead  :snicker:
(haha. gosh i feel like a crazy cowboy fan who just dont want them to get eliminated at all, finding every single excuse to try to prove that they're safe)
"Im sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the race" is the most horrible thing to hear on TAR haha :)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #382 on: April 22, 2011, 12:56:28 AM »
I speculate that Justin does the Roadblock, which would bring him to a count of five. :tup:
i disagree for 2 reasons 1. i saw zev on the moped(assuming moped is rb) and 2. if it was justin he would only be able to do 1 last road block. either at the finale in which case zev has to do legs 10 and 11.

I disagree... we have seen in previous races since Season 16, teams can do 7 roadblocks...

Even if Justin does this roadblock, he can still do one more roadblock before the finale (with Zev doing one roadblock in either Leg 10 or 11) without hitting the roadblock count of 6...

« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 06:05:58 AM by redskevin88 »

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #383 on: April 22, 2011, 01:57:50 AM »

Good spotting!

omg yeah, that is true. I didnt notice that >.< Im sure they're one of the first few to finish the roadblock.

But still, they might screw up in the detour haha! :) And end up getting u-turned instead  :snicker:
(haha. gosh i feel like a crazy cowboy fan who just dont want them to get eliminated at all, finding every single excuse to try to prove that they're safe)

I'm pulling for the cowboys as well, but i hate referring to myself as a "cowboy" fan bc i hate those dallas cowboys...haha

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #384 on: April 22, 2011, 08:14:49 AM »
Two more days. Btw good friday to everybody :) im extremly impatient for sunday to come.....  :hearts:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #385 on: April 22, 2011, 08:15:14 AM »
It has already been mentioned on this thread that the goths are riding the tram to Sargans to catch a train to Zermatt. So it is definitely after the roadblock.  ;)
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #386 on: April 22, 2011, 08:46:53 AM »
Is the Moped dealer near the gas station?  Since we suspect the speedbump has something to do with gas, maybe they have to fill a certain amount of Moped tanks, including their own, before they are allowed to continue...?  :duno:

I predict that the prize for this leg will be Mopeds or Scooters.  ;)

My guts says Cowboys, Zev/Justin and Gallory are fine.  Kent/Vxysin, Kisha/Jen might be in some trouble.  As for the Trotters, why doesn't anyone think they would U-Turn the Cowboys?  I think they would.  They see the Cowboys and Zev/Justin as their biggest competition.  If they can slow them down or eliminate them, I think they'd do it in a heartbeat! JMO
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 08:49:57 AM by Lucybell »

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #387 on: April 22, 2011, 10:37:45 AM »

[/quote] this would make sense because peach was like luggage tags is that familiar to anyone, however i dont see why they would be u-turned becasue you would want to keep the weaker teams in race wouldnt you?

Offline connayyy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #388 on: April 22, 2011, 10:48:47 AM »
Is the Moped dealer near the gas station?  Since we suspect the speedbump has something to do with gas, maybe they have to fill a certain amount of Moped tanks, including their own, before they are allowed to continue...?  :duno:

I predict that the prize for this leg will be Mopeds or Scooters.  ;)

My guts says Cowboys, Zev/Justin and Gallory are fine.  Kent/Vxysin, Kisha/Jen might be in some trouble.  As for the Trotters, why doesn't anyone think they would U-Turn the Cowboys?  I think they would.  They see the Cowboys and Zev/Justin as their biggest competition.  If they can slow them down or eliminate them, I think they'd do it in a heartbeat! JMO

Actually a lot of people have speculated that the Globetrotters U-Turn the cowboys, a few pages back. I think it's likely as well. My gut also says that Zev/Justin and Gallory are fine. They've gotten a pretty big edit despite the fact that they don't have Jet/Cord, Flight Time/Big Easy, and Kent/Vyxsin-size fan bases. I also feel like with all of the promo emphasis on the cowboys, they should be okay too, but it's a little iffy as this is a bad leg to be U-Turned on (since the Detour comes after the Roadblock; not much catch-up time here).

Offline raina

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #389 on: April 22, 2011, 01:05:26 PM »

Looking at Amazing Line map that they had in the preview, this should be the route map with the Schaanwald being the start point, Balzers being the end point and the gas station in the middle.  It's exactly 9.5 km to the gas station from the start and exactly 9.5 km from the gas station to Balzers.  

.com/zl7zog.jpg]Route With Gas Station (B) Location (Slightly bigger)

I couldn't find any bike shops near the gas station (there might be some there obviously, just couldn't find them.  There is one near Balzers and one in Triesenberg.  Both are after the gas station.

---

It's possible that they've to stop at the gas station (80% sure it is the right one) and make sure they're on the right path?  So they only have to do half the route over instead of the entire route?  

« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 01:30:01 PM by raina »

Offline JETandCORDfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #390 on: April 22, 2011, 01:23:13 PM »

:ascared Nice Work!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 02:34:46 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline nash

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Philippians 4:13
« Reply #391 on: April 22, 2011, 02:45:27 PM »
We know from the press release that:

ONE Team struggles to consume a local delicacy (FONDUE) while others become acquainted with Swiss hospitality (Luggage Delivery??)

But one team may ALSO struggle on the BELLBOY/luggage task.

Reading this again closely...  Could this mean that the SAME team that stuggles with the food detour ALSO struggles at the luggage task?   In other words, could it be that the cowboys are the one's that lose the luggage tags, then switch detours, struggle mightily with the food task, only to then discover that they are U-turned???  If so, seems that would almost certainly spell their doom.    What would happen in that case?  Would they be forced to go back and search for the luggage tags until they find them, or would they have to start the entire task all over again??? 

Hoping this is NOT true...

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #392 on: April 22, 2011, 02:48:32 PM »
I read it to mean that others struggle with the luggage while only ONE team has trouble with the fondue. That doesn't mean that that is what it means though.  :lol:

Offline nash

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #393 on: April 22, 2011, 02:51:41 PM »
I read it to mean that others struggle with the luggage while only ONE team has trouble with the fondue. That doesn't mean that that is what it means though.  :lol:

I sure hope so..  I guess it's the word "ALSO" in upper case that leads me to think it might be the same team...  

But then again, I suppose that if one team struggles at both, it could also be Zev and Justin, since they appear to be struggling at the food task.

Or maybe I am just overthinking again!   :lol:

« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 02:56:07 PM by nash »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #394 on: April 22, 2011, 02:54:16 PM »
Well, the press release did not tell us that someone struggled on the luggage so she is telling us that.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #395 on: April 22, 2011, 03:09:18 PM »

ONE Team struggles to consume a local delicacy (FONDUE) while others become acquainted with Swiss hospitality (Luggage Delivery??)

Just to be clear:

Is not a press release but is a peach clue.  :angel

It could also be read as one team may struggle on the BELLBOY/luggage task.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline JETandCORDfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #396 on: April 22, 2011, 03:12:17 PM »
Just to be clear:

Is not a press release but is a peach clue.

Cowboys MAY ALSO struggle on the BELLBOY task?

Offline nash

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #397 on: April 22, 2011, 03:19:32 PM »

Just to be clear:

Is not a press release but is a peach clue.  :angel

Thanks for clarifying...  I feel a little bit better now!   :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #398 on: April 22, 2011, 03:22:59 PM »
I think I said ONE TEAM. No team was specified. 

Maybe I need to go out of the clue business:wall:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline JETandCORDfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #399 on: April 22, 2011, 03:24:51 PM »
I meant that the cowboys are the ONE team?