Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 9 "We're Good American People" (Switzerland)  (Read 238455 times)

auburnsuperfan97

Re: TAR 18 Ep 9 "We're Good American People" (Switzerland)
« Reply #350 on: April 21, 2011, 05:11:48 PM »
Loose ends: (or do we have these already? ??? )

Have we confirmed the location of this train station? We should be able to match the nice blue taxi or the station...

Is it possible to confirm the train? Are we on the way Salzburg to Feldkirch? Or Sargens to Zermatt?

In picture two on the train... any concern the cowboys took a wrong plane.. are in last?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #351 on: April 21, 2011, 05:23:01 PM »
There are no plane flights involved in this episode, so the cowboys are in luck.  :lol:

I'd love to know who else made that 13:48 train but we don't. I do know that the cowboys were at the roadblock about the same time as the trotters and Gallory.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline selkie

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #352 on: April 21, 2011, 05:42:52 PM »
Way back when there was a Phil quote describing the Goths as the devious/sneaky team this year. And while they've had their sneaky moments (previous U-turn, Kent ditching Gary in India) they've been nowhere close to what we've seen in other seasons. I wonder if what happens is that the Goths try to talk the other teams into only U-turning the Cowboys, using the logic that they're the strongest team left in the Race, and that everyone else's chances are better if they can get rid of the Cowboys this leg.

auburnsuperfan97

« Reply #353 on: April 21, 2011, 05:48:42 PM »
There are no plane flights involved in this episode, so the cowboys are in luck.  :lol:

I'd love to know who else made that 13:48 train but we don't. I do know that the cowboys were at the roadblock about the same time as the trotters and Gallory.
 :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:   They have been behind the last 2 legs bc of their plane mishaps  :groan: :groan:
which made me worried.   Were Jet and Cord on the 1:48 train? Was that the earliest or was there an earlier train?  :duno: :duno:
 If you can answer that.. thanks  :tup: :tup: :tup:

auburnsuperfan97

« Reply #354 on: April 21, 2011, 05:52:31 PM »
Way back when there was a Phil quote describing the Goths as the devious/sneaky team this year. And while they've had their sneaky moments (previous U-turn, Kent ditching Gary in India) they've been nowhere close to what we've seen in other seasons. I wonder if what happens is that the Goths try to talk the other teams into only U-turning the Cowboys, using the logic that they're the strongest team left in the Race, and that everyone else's chances are better if they can get rid of the Cowboys this leg.
Well the other teams might/might not u-turn the cowboys.. but kynt and vyxsin have already used their u-turn.

auburnsuperfan97

« Reply #355 on: April 21, 2011, 05:55:55 PM »
Well the other teams might/might not u-turn the cowboys.. but kynt and vyxsin have already used their u-turn.
But I see what you mean by K and V convincing the other teams to uturn ONLY jet and cord to get them out  :colors

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #356 on: April 21, 2011, 05:57:46 PM »

Unfortunately, this is not completely out of the realm of possibility. :/

Offline crystiluv

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Go Gary and Mallory!
« Reply #357 on: April 21, 2011, 06:01:41 PM »
Sorry this is long... I kinda have a lot to say. Im a new member of RFF, but I've been reading posts here for over a year.

Just some speculation...

1. The comment Jet/Cord made about "this could be our last leg"... since it was from the confessional of the leg in Austria, it could've been something said about the previous leg, something like, "we were really thinking like, 'this could be out last leg'". the promos always try to trick you, so you never know what they mean.

2. Jet/Cord are almost definitely W-Turned by somebody because they would've definitely went for the luggage (the more physical detour) and the only problem they could've had would be finding the hotel to deliver it to, but seeing as Zermatt shouldn't be that hard to navigate, I think they would've figured it out.

3. "Ganging up on the cowboys" - FT/BE made that comment but since they mentioned it in the promos, I don't think they will be the ones to U-turn Jet/Cord. I doubt that it will be Kent/Vyxsin because a Blind W-Turn is highly unlikely.

4. Flight Time seems to be having trouble but I don't think he messed up in the calculations because he says its crazy but he doesnt seem pissed or anything, he's actually kind of saying it in a humored way.

5. I don't think Kent/Vyxsin U-Turned the cowboys. It's possible Kent was threatening to ruin the cowboys because they were the ones W-Turned by the cowboys, and not the other way around, because I wouldn't find it so hard for the cowboys to get ahead of the goths. However, seeing from Kent's mood, it doesn't seem to be that way because we all know by now that Kent can be quite whiny.

6. Of course CBS would make it look like the cowboys are in trouble. They know how many fans there are and it is a great way for them to get viewers.

7. Yes, Gary is getting gas for the moped, and although that seems pretty easy, it can mess up his calculations if it's not exactly on the route they are following. Also, it may be far away or hard to find. You can see the gas station in the corner of cap 6 of promo 1A. Not sure if this is the speed bump or not, but it seems likely, because a full tank of gas should be able to take them the full 18 km, so the only way someone would need gas would be that they didn't get a full tank to start with.
Amazing Race is Amazing. Ever noticed?

Gary/Mallory & Jet/Cord for TAR 18.

Offline crystiluv

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Go Gary and Mallory!
« Reply #358 on: April 21, 2011, 06:06:01 PM »

Still, I doubt many teams would listen to the Goths either because they dislike them, or they don't trust them. Gary/Mallory obviously wouldn't, and I think the 'ganging up on the cowboys' may just be many different teams with different agendas, all trying to take the cowboys out, seeing them as their strongest threat. You can kind of see the no one really likes the Goths, seeing their U-Turn, Kent ditching Gary, and how they lied about their penalty from Kunming.
Amazing Race is Amazing. Ever noticed?

Gary/Mallory & Jet/Cord for TAR 18.

Offline connayyy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #359 on: April 21, 2011, 07:28:52 PM »

This is a definite possibility. However I think Phil often exaggerates these types of things in interviews, so perhaps he really is only referring to the previous U-Turn and all. For example, before the Season 17 finale, Phil said in interviews things like, "The order of teams will be changing around," "You'll think you've got it all figured out and then it'll change." Not literally that, but something to the same effect, and it led to a lot of excitement and speculation. Of course, what really happened was that Nat and Kat were in 1st place going into the first taxi and stayed in 1st place the whole time. Brook and Claire passed Jill and Thomas at one point, but it wasn't as significant as everyone had hoped.

So I do think it's possible that the Goths will be sneaky about getting other teams to U-Turn the cowboys. But at the same time it's also very possible that Phil's only referring to the previous U-Turn and all that with his statement.

Offline connayyy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #360 on: April 21, 2011, 07:31:22 PM »
This is the Cowboy taxi picture a few frames later.  I agree Zev & Justin are behind them.  But who is in the bright blue jacket and hat?

Yeah, its Flight Time. And I think the other guys are the cameraman/sound guy, not Zev and Justin? Haha, not too sure though.  :lol:

auburnsuperfan97

« Reply #361 on: April 21, 2011, 07:52:14 PM »
This is the Cowboy taxi picture a few frames later.  I agree Zev & Justin are behind them.  But who is in the bright blue jacket and hat?

Yeah, its Flight Time. And I think the other guys are the cameraman/sound guy, not Zev and Justin? Haha, not too sure though.  :lol:
Ok how do we know that that is Jet/Cord's taxi  :js: :js: :js: :js:

Offline raina

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #362 on: April 21, 2011, 07:56:20 PM »
I think this is the gas station: 

and

Source One and Source Two

.com/i36x3l.jpg]So on Landstresse (28) in Vaduz (red and blue star).  Same road that Gary was in the earlier promo (blue star).   

And I think the wall photos are also from the same road near the gas station.  The gas station photo, you can see the wall in the corner that looks similar to the cap with Jet in it.  And the wall continues as can be seen in this photo.  (The gas station is slightly visible in the left corner.)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 04:18:40 PM by raina »

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #363 on: April 21, 2011, 07:57:27 PM »

Ok how do we know that that is Jet/Cord's taxi  :js: :js: :js: :js:

We know, because we have all read this whole thread.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #364 on: April 21, 2011, 07:58:41 PM »
I nominate raina for TAR Detective! :hearts:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #365 on: April 21, 2011, 08:13:21 PM »

I agree with that.. I am very surprise raina know everything find evidence with promo! :hearts:
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

auburnsuperfan97

« Reply #366 on: April 21, 2011, 08:15:35 PM »
Ok some ppl said that there was a 13:48 train that Jet/Cord, Kisha/Jen, FT/BE were seen on..
Was there another there another train earlier or later? Or was it a bunch train?

Offline raina

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #367 on: April 21, 2011, 08:19:10 PM »
Aaaw  :-[  I just have a lot of time right now as I'm on sick leave.  I saw that photo a little whle ago, but I just wasn't sure it was it.  I'm still not a 100% sure, but looks right I think.

---
Do we know if Zev or Justin do the roadblock?  I'm guessing Justin and in that case how many will he have done?

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #368 on: April 21, 2011, 08:20:45 PM »
Aaaw  :-[  I just have a lot of time right now as I'm on sick leave.  I saw that photo, but I just wasn't sure it was it.  I'm still not a 100% sure, but looks right I think.

Raina,seriously,you're amazing at this!! :hearts:

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #369 on: April 21, 2011, 08:28:11 PM »

I agree with that.. I am very surprise raina know everything find evidence with promo! :hearts:
i third that motion

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #370 on: April 21, 2011, 08:33:28 PM »
I speculate that Justin does the Roadblock, which would bring him to a count of five. :tup: I would be surprised to see Zev do two roadblocks in a row because he did not seem to enjoy them that much.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 08:39:29 PM by The Prophet »

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #371 on: April 21, 2011, 08:40:41 PM »
I speculate that Justin does the Roadblock, which would bring him to a count of five. :tup:
i disagree for 2 reasons 1. i saw zev on the moped(assuming moped is rb) and 2. if it was justin he would only be able to do 1 last road block. either at the finale in which case zev has to do legs 10 and 11.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #372 on: April 21, 2011, 08:52:01 PM »
I speculate that Justin does the Roadblock, which would bring him to a count of five. :tup:
i disagree for 2 reasons 1. i saw zev on the moped(assuming moped is rb) and 2. if it was justin he would only be able to do 1 last road block. either at the finale in which case zev has to do legs 10 and 11.

You have said this now twice today.......please find the link to the screencap you say you have seen.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 11:15:47 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
« Reply #374 on: April 21, 2011, 09:25:28 PM »
Thats Jet  :lol: