Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 9 "We're Good American People" (Switzerland)  (Read 238392 times)

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Re: TAR 18 Ep 9 "We're Good American People" (Switzerland)
« Reply #250 on: April 21, 2011, 01:45:28 AM »
I have yet to see any evidence that any team was U-Turned, ie, the W-Turn sign with any pictures on it. It may very well be, as Peach has really hinted at, that teams have problems with the Hotel Luggage detour and switch to the fondue eating detour. Nor have I seen any evidence as to which team, of the two we see, eating the fondue, is actually the first one there. Just a bunch of WILD SPECULATION AND WISHES for whichever team is a particular poster's favorite team.
Matthew 7:15

Offline ianinator

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #251 on: April 21, 2011, 01:51:26 AM »
Hey guys! there is a website I found and the website is No links to other sites please   and there's like a category where they can predict the order of elimination and there is this one person, who got the first five teams that got eliminated right...

it makes me worried that his/her prediction might be right.. maybe the cowboys are the next one to go..

that will piss me off so bad...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 02:05:25 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #252 on: April 21, 2011, 01:54:01 AM »
I have yet to see any evidence that any team was U-Turned, ie, the W-Turn sign with any pictures on it. It may very well be, as Peach has really hinted at, that teams have problems with the Hotel Luggage detour and switch to the fondue eating detour. Nor have I seen any evidence as to which team, of the two we see, eating the fondue, is actually the first one there. Just a bunch of WILD SPECULATION AND WISHES for whichever team is a particular poster's favorite team.

good point.  but we do know for a fact that there is a w turn.  but we dont know for sure who got it.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #253 on: April 21, 2011, 02:01:07 AM »
Sunset in Zermatt on Dec 7, is approximately at 4:44 pm/1644.

This appears to be mid day, so probably they are retrieving a Route Info clue AFTER the moped RB. From earlier analysis of train schedules, it would appear that it would be very difficult for any teams to arrive in Zermatt in daylight. Also if this was the run to the Pit Stop, I would expect to see Jet/Cord wearing the bellboy uniforms.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 02:47:42 AM by DrRox »

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #254 on: April 21, 2011, 02:05:04 AM »
In time, ianinator, you will learn to not pay any attention to Wikipedia for any real evidence (before the fact) about The Amazing Race. ANYONE can edit those pages there, with whatever they want. They mostly get all their ideas from us.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 02:28:04 AM by DrRox »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #255 on: April 21, 2011, 02:06:46 AM »
The "cowboys running down a path" shot looks like Liechtenstein to me, not Zermatt. I suppose there'd be snow on the ground in the Alps in December?

(Checked Weather Underground. It snowed 1 Dec and 6 Dec.)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 02:19:05 AM by Neobie »

Offline GeKKou

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #256 on: April 21, 2011, 02:40:01 AM »
measuring the length....

would there be any kind of cheating going on? like leg 1, teams tell each other about the answer.....

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #257 on: April 21, 2011, 02:41:55 AM »
Odometers don't lie. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #258 on: April 21, 2011, 02:44:08 AM »
Allgemeines Treuunternehmen Building, on the east flank of the road through Vaduz. Gary is going North to South, but I wonder if it's a return journey rather than a one-way?

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #259 on: April 21, 2011, 02:52:35 AM »
Do you mean Gary is going South to North? I am confused. Also an arrow on the building you are talking about might help. I see what you are talking about.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 03:52:55 AM by DrRox »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #260 on: April 21, 2011, 02:54:57 AM »

While snooping around Liechtenstein I stumbled across the name Parkhotel Sonnenhof, but being a terrible navigator I got lost looking for it and ran out of time. And while looking for it, I walked past numerous vineyards. One of which you see to the cowboys' right. I believe they're concentrated around Vaduz, but I'll check to make sure.

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You'll see me in the amazing race soon!
« Reply #261 on: April 21, 2011, 02:57:49 AM »
Odometers don't lie. :tup:

Wow.. so if they actually steered off-course, they're doomed aren't they cos the total distance is affected :S
"Im sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the race" is the most horrible thing to hear on TAR haha :)

Offline GeKKou

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #262 on: April 21, 2011, 03:01:28 AM »
you guys don't sleep at all?

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #263 on: April 21, 2011, 03:16:55 AM »
you guys don't sleep at all?

haha too excited and impatient to sleep!! :D
"Im sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the race" is the most horrible thing to hear on TAR haha :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #264 on: April 21, 2011, 03:26:06 AM »
If the mileage obtained is incorrect, I believe they have to start over....so this makes me wonder if FT has problems??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #265 on: April 21, 2011, 03:32:48 AM »
If the mileage obtained is incorrect, I believe they have to start over....so this makes me wonder if FT has problems??

Oh dear.. an average cycling speed is around 20km/h. Therefore, if teams actually screwed up, it takes another 54 minutes to measure again. From the Promo FT looks like he is having problems.  :duno:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #266 on: April 21, 2011, 03:46:22 AM »
Well it depends on just what they have to measure. Those dashed lines are confusing. Slowhatch has shown that FT was SW of Eschen......which doesnt appear to be on the line they are supposed to measure, Unless they have to go west from Schaan and then backtrack.

The mopeds the teams are riding do appear to have a pretty sophisticated odometer on them, sticking off to the right. Phil's moped does not have one on it.

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #267 on: April 21, 2011, 03:52:33 AM »
I can't see the promo because I'm on my phone,but in the caps it looks as though the cowboys are running to the pitstop and they look pretty happy.Now,this could just be because they are glad to have finished but maybe they know they're not last? :duno:

that cap you are referring to is actually a clip from a previous leg.  

eddieshi1............

This is NOT from the previous episode..........just a fyi.

oh sorry..i was referring to cap 22.

I was also referring to cap 22 :) ok,well seems that's from an old episode.There goes my far-fetched theory  :lol3:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #268 on: April 21, 2011, 03:55:00 AM »
Cap 22 is Broken Hill.

Cap 23 is a head shot from the Intros.

Cap 25 is from the last episodes confessionals.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #269 on: April 21, 2011, 03:56:13 AM »
I think that cap 22 25 is from the end of leg confessionals at the Von Trapp House in Salzburg.

Cap 22 is Jet/Cord running away from the detour in Broken Hill. Cord's shirt is all dirty from carrying all the bits of colored stone.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 04:03:30 AM by DrRox »

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #270 on: April 21, 2011, 03:56:59 AM »
Cap 22 is Broken Hill.

Cap 23 is a head shot from the Intros.

Cap 25 is from the last episodes confessionals.

Thanks for clearing that up :)

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #271 on: April 21, 2011, 05:58:01 AM »
Why were the Trotters inserted in Cap 24 from the Cowboys? Hmmm. :lol: (And by this, speculation begins. :res: :lol:)
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline StephenWasHere

• RFF Full Member
  • *gasp* You are SUCH a liar, Tom!
« Reply #272 on: April 21, 2011, 06:55:55 AM »
I don't see Zev/Justin U-Turning the Cowboys. I don't know why, I just don't. Based on the promo, the Globetrotters look like they could have U-Turned the Cowboys but who knows. I think that in all likelihood, the Cowboys were U-Turned by either Kent/Vyxsin or the Globetrotters. I also have a feeling that since it's a W-Turn, the other W-Turn'd team may not be as obvious. Zev/Justin did look like they were struggling at the fondue but the reason is unknown. I have a feeling the other W-Turn'd team is either Kent/Vyxsin or even Gary/Mallory because of their Speed Bump (I hope that Gary/Mal aren't U-Turned though)

Thanks, and sorry for the longish post
TAR25- Shelley/Nici, Amy/Maya, Kym/Alli, Keith/Whitney
Survivor SJDS: Natalie, Jeremy, Baylor

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #273 on: April 21, 2011, 07:38:20 AM »
I don't see Zev/Justin U-Turning the Cowboys. I don't know why, I just don't. Based on the promo, the Globetrotters look like they could have U-Turned the Cowboys but who knows. I think that in all likelihood, the Cowboys were U-Turned by either Kent/Vyxsin or the Globetrotters. I also have a feeling that since it's a W-Turn, the other W-Turn'd team may not be as obvious. Zev/Justin did look like they were struggling at the fondue but the reason is unknown. I have a feeling the other W-Turn'd team is either Kent/Vyxsin or even Gary/Mallory because of their Speed Bump (I hope that Gary/Mal aren't U-Turned though)

Thanks, and sorry for the longish post

The Goths couldn't have U-Turned the cowboys as they have already used up their U-Turn.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #274 on: April 21, 2011, 08:16:50 AM »
On another note, wow at the sudden sporadic growth of Cowboy-lovers in RFF. *blank face*  :lol:

They were always there, but they just started posting recently! :lol:

I see a lot of possibilities for small mistakes to mess up a whole task this time. With the roadblock a wrong turn could add an extra kilometer to the odometer and cause them to have to do it all over again. With the luggage carrying losing a tag or receipt may force them to have to track it down before continuing. And as someone mentioned way back, it is quite possible that losing the bread in the fondue makes them have to drink the Kirsch.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 08:21:27 AM by The Prophet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.