Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 9 "We're Good American People" (Switzerland)  (Read 238439 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 18 Ep 9 "We're Good American People" (Switzerland)
« Reply #200 on: April 20, 2011, 07:49:02 PM »
We have no confirmation that anyone was U-Turned...we speculate that Jet and Cord were U-Turned. We don't know about anyone else. :tup:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #201 on: April 20, 2011, 07:49:24 PM »
Since the roadblock is relatively easy... Gallory have that speed bump @ one of those  :duno:    That wont help Gallory catch up w/ the pack much. Gallory need to not be u-turned in order to not be eliminated... Its a matter of who gets to that U-turn first. I really hope Jet and Cord get to the u-turn first and u-turn somebody... hopefully kent and vyxsin  :yess: :yess: :yess:
We already know Jet and Cord get u turned so they CAN'T  be first at the u-turn :tup: :tup: :tup:
true but say they get there 2nd or 3rd they can still uturn the next team we saw this with jamie and cara use the uturn after being u-turned themselves.

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #202 on: April 20, 2011, 07:51:13 PM »
We have no confirmation that anyone was U-Turned...we speculate that Jet and Cord were U-Turned. We don't know about anyone else. :tup:
what i was saying before was that Gallory mite have one of those just sit there for 10 minute tasks. and if they dont see a team or a 2nd team being uturned i dont see why they wouldnt just use it for the heck of it due to its towards the end of the race. plus if a team is behind gallory ie kisha and jen getting lost gallory could catch up

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #203 on: April 20, 2011, 07:54:15 PM »
I hope to have the promo later on!! :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #204 on: April 20, 2011, 07:57:10 PM »
I hope to have the promo later on!! :jumpy:
ditto. but when do they usually come on cbs' website

auburnsuperfan97

« Reply #205 on: April 20, 2011, 07:58:53 PM »
what i was saying before was that Gallory mite have one of those just sit there for 10 minute tasks. and if they dont see a team or a 2nd team being uturned i dont see why they wouldnt just use it for the heck of it due to its towards the end of the race. plus if a team is behind gallory ie kisha and jen getting lost gallory could catch up
   I hope it is a w-turn because if one of my favorite teams gets u-turned... theres another team that gets u-turned also...
Is it possible for just one team to be u-turned?

auburnsuperfan97

« Reply #206 on: April 20, 2011, 07:59:22 PM »
I meant just one team be u-turned in a double u-turn!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #207 on: April 20, 2011, 07:59:56 PM »
It is a W-Turn. It is possible that only one team could get U-Turned.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #208 on: April 20, 2011, 08:04:15 PM »
OR there could be a throw-away U-turn on a team in front that wouldn't count....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

auburnsuperfan97

« Reply #209 on: April 20, 2011, 08:07:14 PM »
It is a W-Turn. It is possible that only one team could get U-Turned.
thanks  :tup:

auburnsuperfan97

« Reply #210 on: April 20, 2011, 08:08:21 PM »
OR there could be a throw-away U-turn on a team in front that wouldn't count....
     I remember seeing that multiple times in previous seasons and this season..

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #211 on: April 20, 2011, 08:22:06 PM »

Oh Peach you tease!I hope this is speculation as I wouldn't want the cowboys to be the only ones U-Turned!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #212 on: April 20, 2011, 08:27:10 PM »
Me neither, kinibug!

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #213 on: April 20, 2011, 09:13:15 PM »
Since the roadblock is relatively easy... Gallory have that speed bump @ one of those  :duno:    That wont help Gallory catch up w/ the pack much. Gallory need to not be u-turned in order to not be eliminated... Its a matter of who gets to that U-turn first. I really hope Jet and Cord get to the u-turn first and u-turn somebody... hopefully kent and vyxsin  :yess: :yess: :yess:
We already know Jet and Cord get u turned so they CAN'T  be first at the u-turn :tup: :tup: :tup:
true but say they get there 2nd or 3rd they can still uturn the next team we saw this with jamie and cara use the uturn after being u-turned themselves.

I guess it's possible. The same could be said for the possibility of the team they U-Turn passing them (FT/BE beating Jaime/Cara and several other teams too).  IMO, if Jet/Cord arrive third, their chances of using the second U-Turn aren't good.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #214 on: April 20, 2011, 09:13:39 PM »
We know from the press release that:

ONE Team struggles to consume a local delicacy (FONDUE) while others become acquainted with Swiss hospitality (Luggage Delivery??)

But one team may ALSO struggle on the BELLBOY/luggage task.

Luggage tags! :o      Don't forget your receipt!!

vintage tags for illustration only

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline crystiluv

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Go Gary and Mallory!
« Reply #215 on: April 20, 2011, 09:18:56 PM »
Ok, so it looks like Gary/Mallory were tied with the pack until a certain point with the slow taxi. The question it, when is the taxi? All I can tell is that there is a bunch of yellow buses and there is definitely a bus lane. Is it a train station? From the looks of it, it's not Zermatt, because of the buses and buildings. And I do know there are yellow buses in Liechtenstein. If I were to make a guess, it looks a little bit like Vaduz, Liechtenstein.

Gary and Mallory are chasing down a taxi at the train station in FELDKIRCH, AUSTRIA. This is the Austrian jumping-off point to Liechtenstein, and where I based myself because Liechtenstein was so crazily expensive to stay in!

So they were pretty much caught up by then...
Amazing Race is Amazing. Ever noticed?

Gary/Mallory & Jet/Cord for TAR 18.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #216 on: April 20, 2011, 09:20:27 PM »
I don't think we see any teams with them there? But that was pretty near to the start!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline GeKKou

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #217 on: April 20, 2011, 09:25:57 PM »
it is ok to be u-turned.

but it is not okay to put roadblock before detour. it is really hard for u-turned teams to catch up. even they do, they will finish later which will harm the next leg.  therefore it is too harsh and unfair to put roadblock before detour. like someone said in the previous posts, it is bad planning.

maybe this leg will change the history.

or it also could be, the passing through Liechtenstein will just be a route info, the roadblock will be something we didn't see in the promo and it will be after the cheesy fondue and bellboy detour.

or it also could be, no roadblock this leg, like season 16 the french battlefield leg, one detour and then riding bikes.

the real intention for u-turn is simply to eliminate teams (they feel yeild is not effective enough), its not like speedbump which you can finish it and still be number one team.

Since u-turn itself is so harsh already, if it is placed at the second half of the leg................(speechless)

Forget to mention that, the intention for teams to use u-turn is to make sure they are ahead of other teams during the whole leg, that's why detour first, roadblock next, because the teams who use u-turn are not sure how well they will perform in the roadblock.

But if roadblock first, then detour, the teams who use u-turn will surely get personal, to eliminate the biggest rival in the whole race, not just this leg. unless they are the first team to arrive at the u-turn clue box and they see a second team then eliminate them to make sure they get to pit stop first.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 09:51:14 PM by GeKKou »

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #218 on: April 20, 2011, 09:28:31 PM »
We know from the press release that:

ONE Team struggles to consume a local delicacy (FONDUE) while others become acquainted with Swiss hospitality (Luggage Delivery??)

But one team may ALSO struggle on the BELLBOY/luggage task.

Luggage tags! :o      Don't forget your receipt!!

vintage tags for illustration only

I don't know whether this is a hint chimney styles?lol

Is it possible that the cowboys and/or Zev and Justin weren't U-Turned but just struggled with the bellboy task and so switched detours?

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #219 on: April 20, 2011, 09:35:53 PM »
Preview caps, sorry they are late!

if you look closey at the  2nd or 3rd picture i can see zev/justin in the corner well i think its them
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 09:48:33 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #220 on: April 20, 2011, 10:01:24 PM »
Pictures 2 and 3 are at different places I think.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline JETandCORDfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #221 on: April 20, 2011, 10:32:12 PM »
Who could U-Turn the Cowboys? Lets Find Out.

Gary and Mallory - They are good friends with them + They are probably Behind. (( Unlikely U-turned Cowboys ))

Globe Trotters - They seem to be alright with the cowboys, but they are trying to win, not sure of placement. (( Neutral - Possible but Unlikely. ))

Zev and Justin - They seem to just care about winning, they could very well do it, but they are struggling in promos. (( Likely U-turned Cowboys. ))

Kent and Vyxin - Impossible because they already U-turned someone (( Jamie and Care ))  (( Did not U-Turn Cowboys. ))

Kisha and Jen - They could have very well U-turned them, they just want to win. They know cowboys are strong. (( Likely U-Turned Cowboys. ))

Jet and Cord - As far as we know they were U-Turned or STRUGGLED BADLY at the cheese task. But we are not sure.

Offline GeKKou

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #222 on: April 20, 2011, 10:39:46 PM »
actually, when the cowboys were doing the cheese task, i can see cord's facial expression is like' man, this is hot'

I think they did well, finished the majority of them, if you look at the level of cheese in the hotpot.

while zev and justin, the cheese in the hotpot seemed untouched.

but it could be zev and justin are first, so they took their time.

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #223 on: April 20, 2011, 10:47:50 PM »
I don't believe we see Zev/Justin and the Cowboys at the Fondue at the same time.  Who knows who is first there. :duno:

Offline GeKKou

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #224 on: April 20, 2011, 10:53:34 PM »
I don't believe we see Zev/Justin and the Cowboys at the Fondue at the same time.  Who knows who is first there. :duno:

of course they are not there the same time, what i mean is 'one team struggles to consume the fondue' from the press release, doesn't necessarily mean the cowboys.  although they look serious having the fondue, it could be they get u-turned and need to be hurry and the fondue is hot.   while zev/ justin seems to be happy with the fondue, it doesn't mean they couldn't be the team who struggles, the only reason they seem relaxed could be they are at the fondue task first.  Or they are not, then they are in trouble.