Archive > The Amazing Race 18 Spoilers and Speculation

TAR 18 Ep 9 "We're Good American People" (Switzerland)

<< < (3/141) > >>

TheAmazingRace4Ever:
I say Gary & Mallory for the the line "We're Good American People"!  :tup: :tup: :tup:

georgiapeach:

--- Quote from: The Prophet on April 17, 2011, 08:28:08 PM ---I guess Lichtenstein can't be a separate leg since Brazil is on the 1st and the final on the 8th. 

--- End quote ---

We NEVER had it as a separate leg.

Slowhatch:
The moped thing is nice, but for $70K and a little imagination the producers could have created some awesome tasks.

georgiapeach:
LOVE that!! :lol:

Neobie:
Again, the findings from my little Zermatt trip. The glacier will almost certainly be the following leg, not sure about the railway station task and the fountain?

THE TRAIN STATION
The only feasible way to enter Zermatt is by train, and as we know from Tombc52's spoiler, the train from Liechtenstein involves a change at Zurich and Visp. Teams would have arrived in the evening, with LaKisha/Jennifer scheduled to arrive at 5.34pm. Sunset on 7 Dec is at 4.38pm, so I'd doubt any tasks outside of town for the rest of the first leg. That being said, it seems that there is a task taking place right at the train station itself! More in the next section.

THE LOCAL HOTELS
There seems to have been a task with teams carrying luggage from the train station to hotels around the area. Teams were reportedly running up and down Bahnhofstrasse and Hinterdorfstrasse. Some possible hotels are the Mont Cervin Palace, the Hotel Phoenix and the Hotel Primavera. On another note, production was housed at the Hotel Ambassador, not far from the train station.

THE GLACIERS
Teams were seen performing tasks at Theodulgletscher and Furggsattel. There may have been, on top of the avalanche search task, another task that involved rescuing someone or something from a mountain crevice.

AND A FOUNTAIN
This is the Ulrich Inderbinen fountain, dedicated to a mountaineer who climbed the Matterhorn a staggering 370+ times. Sounds like a Pit Stop to me, but I can't be sure. It's semi-open to the public, but the surrounding streets are easily closed off. Production was seen milling around here for a while.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version