Author Topic: Who Will Win TAR 18?  (Read 13220 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Who Will Win TAR 18?
« on: April 11, 2011, 11:32:51 AM »
Since there are six teams remaining, I think now is a good time to discuss this matter. It's been an interesting season with no clear cut frontrunner, so I hope for some interesting and friendly discussion!

Here are some questions to answer:

1. Who do you want to win TAR 18 and why?

2. Who deserves to win TAR 18 and why?

3. Who do you think will actually win TAR 18 and why?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 11:38:34 AM by The Prophet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: Who Will Win TAR 18?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 11:35:27 AM »
Gary and Mallory! Because they are not only a strong and smart team, but they also balance competitiveness with common courtesy.
I also wouldn't mind if either Jet and Cord or Kisha and Jen won.

Gary and Mallory, Jet and Cord, or Kisha and Jen. Any of these three teams are strong and smart; competitive and kind to other teams and to each other.

It's hard to tell who will actually win the million dollars at this point, because on TAR, anything can happen.

Offline JETandCORDfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 11:36:51 AM »
1. Who do you want to win TAR 18 and why: Jet and Cord  :neener:

2. Who deserves to win TAR 18 and why:  Jet and Cord : They do not fight at ALL.

3. Who do you think will actually win TAR 18 and why: I think it will be Jet and Cord and Zev and Justin in a chase to the finish, so not sure.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 11:49:33 AM »
Zev & Justin or Kish & Jennifer. Both have been strong racers that I both enjoy watching and represent the Unfinished Business theme the best.

I think any of the teams left, even if In can't stand two of them, deserve to win for making it this far.

Right now, I think it's hard to tell based on the finishes. Only once this season has a team finished 1st back to back. My money if on the final 3 consisting of Kish & Jennifer, Herb & Nate, and Zev & Justin at the moment.

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You'll see me in the amazing race soon!
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 01:00:19 AM »
Jet & Cord. It's time they win the whole race! :) I was kinda rooting for Zev/Justin too. The more i see them race the more i'm loving them. They're just hilarious!

All of the teams deserves to win because they're all competitive, strong & smart. :)

Very difficult to say. It's anybody's game. It is all determined in the finale. I think Jet/Cord , Zev/Justin & Gary/Mallory might make it to the F3, therefore one of the winner is in there :)
"Im sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the race" is the most horrible thing to hear on TAR haha :)

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 08:53:15 PM »
I would want Kent & Vyxsin, Jet & Cord or Gary & Mallory to win this race!

All of the remaining teams deserve it.  :tup:

Perhaps Flight Time & Big Easy, Jet & Cord or Kisha & Jen. Fate.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 09:32:49 PM by AmazingRace »

Offline connayyy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 09:26:54 PM »
I want Zev and Justin to win. After them I like Gary and Mallory and the cowboys.

Anyone left except Kent and Vyxsin. It's nothing against them, it's just that they've caught way too many lucky breaks. There have been at least 3 spots in which they could have legitimately been eliminated but got lucky, while the other remaining teams have all raced very well this season.

I think it will be either Gary and Mallory or Zev and Justin. They've both gotten large edits despite not having cowboy or Globetrotter-size fan bases, and they both have two wins to their credit so far.

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 02:51:22 AM »
I want Kent and Vyxsin to win, because I think they are amazing. They have had a lot of close calls, but they always fight back. I also think that they are the most entertaining team this season. :) I didn't like their attitude to the locals last episode, but I can understand why.
I also would like Gary and Mallory to win, because they are incredibly focused and they are great racers. I think they are one of the nicest teams ever.

Anyone that can make it this far deserves it.

I have a huge gut feeling that the winners of TAR18 will be Gary and Mallory. They are my second favorite team, so that would be awesome, but aside from that, I just think they are the best racers this season, and they have had a ton of fun along the way, and the producers make sure to show them at their best.
(I know this isn't one of the questions, but) Who do you not want to win?
Zev and Justin. I don't know why, but I don't like them and hope they are eliminated soon.

Offline nash

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Philippians 4:13
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 09:07:20 AM »
1. Who do you want to win TAR 18 and why?   Jet and Cord.  They're one of my favorite teams of all time!  I love their sense of humor and they just seem to be very honest and down-to-earth people.

2. Who deserves to win TAR 18 and why?  Any team left would be a deserving winner in my mind, with the exception of Kent & Vxyin.  They've seemed really underhanded so far and honestly I think they're very fortunate to still be in it at this point.

3. Who do you think will actually win TAR 18 and why?  Gary and Mallory.  I really like them also and they seem to have been near or at the top of the pack most consistently since the race began. 

Offline crystiluv

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Go Gary and Mallory!
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 07:28:54 PM »
I want Gary and Mallory to win because they have been my favorite team from the premiere of TAR 17. I love the connection they have and I want them to be the first parent/child team to win. Also, since they are racing two seasons in a row, I have gotten to like them and my rooting for them has never been broken by a different season.

I think Gary and Mallory deserve to win TAR 18 because they are a family team from a small town in Kentucky. They have a huge fanbase, partly because they are a charming team, and partly because they are good people. Mallory shows that beauty pageant winners aren't always the snobs we sometimes picture them to be, and she is so nice to everyone on the show, whether or not they deserve it. This team never deceived anyone or tricked anyone, and they are genuinely courteous. Plus, they are a parent/child and they represent family, and help show that although others may fight, family is something that is always strong.

I am thinking either Gary and Mallory, or Jet and Cord. They are both strong, smart, and good racers. While each team has their own advantages, they are both good teams, and I'd like to see them race to the finish.
Amazing Race is Amazing. Ever noticed?

Gary/Mallory & Jet/Cord for TAR 18.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 07:52:45 PM »
1. Who do you want to win TAR 18 and why?  Either Zev & Justin because Zev & I have Asperger's Syndrome, or Gary & Mallory because they're so likeable.

2. Who deserves to win TAR 18 and why?  Any team except Kent & Vyksin.

3. Who do you think will actually win TAR 18 and why?  I can say who I think won't win more easily than I can say who I think will.  And those who I think won't win are Jet & Cord (sorry, Cowboy fans) and Kent & Vyksin.

Belle Book

Offline Benedicto

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • OMG....Natalie...Prayer Warriors Prevails <3
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 11:34:20 PM »
GARY AND MALLORY - ADORABLE.

GARY AND MALLORY - COMPETENT. AMAZING.
KENT AND VYXSIN - DEFIES ALL ODDS. <3

GARY AND MALLORY - Well, they have an epic arc of being strong but still enjoying, realizing cultures within and beyond, and then realizing they have a shot at this and then gets last when it happened and then got NEL'd with a shot at this
I'M ON THE EDGE WITH YOU

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 09:33:22 AM »
Kent & Vyxsin because they are just so hilarious and so loveable! Gary & Mallory because they're such a lovely team on both seasons, and definitely the best parent/child team in TAR History. Kisha & Jen because they are phenomenal contenders, and have always been a HUGE favourite of mine! Flight Time & Big Easy because I havent come across too many people with a better sense of humour, and such great athletic ability!

A better question would be who DOESN'T deserve to win, because they all do. I don't want Zev & Justin to win, though, because although I like them, I love the other four teams much more.

Kisha & Jen. These girls are phenomenal competition, and I think they still have another level to their game that really hasn't come out so far. I believe Kisha & Jen first, ahead of Gary & Mallory to take second and Flight Time & Big Easy to take third (memory challenge anyone! :lol3: )
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Michel

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 02:39:04 PM »
1. Gary & Mallory, just because I'm waiting for a parent/child team to finally win this game.

2. Either Gary & Mallory or Zev & Justin since they're the two highest leg-winners -- the former with two, the latter with four.

3. Zev & Justin likely will since they're dominating so much.  They'd be pretty boring winners if they won, though.

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2011, 05:16:52 AM »
GARY AND MALLORY - ADORABLE.

GARY AND MALLORY - COMPETENT. AMAZING.
KENT AND VYXSIN - DEFIES ALL ODDS. <3

GARY AND MALLORY - Well, they have an epic arc of being strong but still enjoying, realizing cultures within and beyond, and then realizing they have a shot at this and then gets last when it happened and then got NEL'd with a shot at this

You have fricken excellent taste, even down to your Natalie White avatar <33333333333

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2011, 06:29:44 AM »
1. Who do you want to win TAR 18 and why: Jet and Cord  :neener:

2. Who deserves to win TAR 18 and why:  Jet and Cord : They do not fight at ALL.

3. Who do you think will actually win TAR 18 and why: I think it will be Jet and Cord and Zev and Justin in a chase to the finish, so not sure.

Too bad Jet and Cord are out mate  :neener:

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2011, 06:31:44 AM »

Gary and Mallory - they are GENUINELY honest and play with integrity! Have never held ill of them unlike a certain other team...
Mallory never ceases to amaze me with her joy and radiance and Gary is always taking in his surrondings

Gary and Mallory - as above!

Gary and Mallory - as above!

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2011, 06:50:27 AM »

Gary and Mallory, I love 'em to death and they are my favorite of the rest. I wouldn't mind Zev and Justin winning because they are good regular guys who love living life and not annoying mactors alpha males who love to flaunt their bodies and care only about the million (*cough* Eric and Jeremy *cough*).

For some strange reason, I actually also wouldn't really mind seeing the goths win, call me crazy, but I still like them. Kent whining is more funny than annoying for me and Vyxsin is one hot strong racer, plus I really like stereotype-breaking teams (This is coming from an eurasian guy, who has to deal with twice the amount of stereotypes)

Every team except the globetrotters, they get on my nerves. I love them in their first season, even though they fulfilled some african-american stereotypes. But this season, I can't stand them, it's hard to explain.... I just don't like them at all anymore.

You never know the result until you know, but based on performance I think Zev & Justin or Gary & Mallory will win. Jen & Kisha are close behind, they probably might surprise us in the finale (if they make it). Kent & Vyxsin haven't been doing that well, but there's one thing nobody can deny, they are STILL in the race, so you never know. The globetrotters, on the other hand, might win for only one reason, physical strength, I don't consider them good racers. They're just blessed with big heights and strength, intelligence is something they clearly lack. I hope they get eliminated soon

I think I may have just created some controversy with my globetrotters-hating, goths-loving post. But this is just my opinion, don't take it too seriously. :tup:
Bring on the 21!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2011, 06:58:05 AM »
Gary and Mallory lead the poll! :hearts:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2011, 09:44:53 AM »
With Jet and Cord and Kynt and Vxysin already gone it looks like the voters here will be happy if Flight Time and Big Easy go next.  :lol:

Here's a new question:

Out of the final four, who will perform the best at the final task which is likely to be mental?

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2011, 10:02:36 AM »
Out of the final four, who will perform the best at the final task which is likely to be mental?

I would say Jen/Kisha or Gallory.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2011, 10:07:45 AM »
Here's a new question:

Not sure.  Zev has Asperger's Syndrome, and I know from experience that people with Asperger's Syndrome have great memories.  So he & Justin might have a great shot.  But so might Gary & Mallory.  The only ones I'm sure will perform the worst are Flight Time & Big Easy -- if they get that far.

Belle Book