Author Topic: Top 13 Discussion  (Read 14224 times)

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
Re: Top 13 Discussion
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2011, 12:42:11 AM »
I was surprised Haley was in the bottom three. Though her performance did not excite me, I thought that she had the votes to pull her through.

I thought that Thia or Karen would be headed home, but I'm actually thankful that they stayed and it's Ashthon instead.

It's not surprising to me at all that three girls made the bottom three. Looking at the guys this season, I'm actually pretty certain that neither of them would hit the bottom three for a few weeks. Which means... Probably a few more girls go home in the next few weeks. =/

And I still don't see why Scotty is so popular! Lol.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2011, 08:03:29 AM »
LOL Ruth, being that it is AI, I am surprised that Scotty is at the top of DialIdol's list but I'm not surprised that he is popular. Ashthon was probably the best to be the first to leave. I loved Hayley's song. I don't think anyone has ever yodeled on the show before, it wasn't over done and very brave of her to try it.

Is it just me? I think a guy is going to win again this year. They seem to be stronger than the girls and I agree, more of the girls will go home the next few weeks. 
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2011, 10:45:37 AM »
Yeah, I really cannot imagine any of the 6 guys going home within the next few weeks. As for the girls, I don't really think that any of them has what it takes to win. Other than Lauren, but she might be "too young" for the title. Oh well it's not that I'm against guys winning, but a guy has won for 3 consecutive seasons! Geez.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2011, 11:47:04 AM »
I think and want to believe that Lauren, Pia and Haley will be here to stay.

It's just a matter of time before Karen and Naima goes home. As for Thia, if she actually start performing decently, she still has a shot at this.

As of now, i believe that Lauren, Pia and Haley should be in the Top 8 or Top 7 at least.

Next week, i think either Karen, Jacob, Naima and Paul will be in danger. I have a gut feeling Karen's run for AI will be over next week.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2011, 05:19:56 AM »
Prior to the finals, I actually thought that Haley had a shot at winning this because she gave me an underdog vibe, someone who didn't perform amazingly at first, but still had a solid performance. But when she landed in the bottom two in the very first episode of the finals... That worried me.

But I do agree that Karen and Naima are a little shaky on the girls' side. And I'd add Thia to the list too, because she doesn't strike me as a very versatile singer (correct me if I'm wrong though, 'cos I only started watching from the Las Vegas rounds). I don't think Jacob will be in trouble anytime soon. Paul, it depends on what he performs next. Hmm.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2011, 10:36:53 AM »
Prior to the finals, I actually thought that Haley had a shot at winning this because she gave me an underdog vibe, someone who didn't perform amazingly at first, but still had a solid performance. But when she landed in the bottom two in the very first episode of the finals... That worried me.

But I do agree that Karen and Naima are a little shaky on the girls' side. And I'd add Thia to the list too, because she doesn't strike me as a very versatile singer (correct me if I'm wrong though, 'cos I only started watching from the Las Vegas rounds). I don't think Jacob will be in trouble anytime soon. Paul, it depends on what he performs next. Hmm.

Paul is the VFTW pick. Meaning he most definitely won't go beyond seventh place. :(

And isn't it shocking that Naima did not receive enough votes to make the Top 5 girls.. but now has more votes than Haley and Karen?!

It just means anything can happen on American Idol this season..

From just the first Top 13 impression, i think we're going to see Lauren, Scotty, Pia, Casey and Stefano for a long long time. Jacob come across to me as the Big Mike vibe.. he might just be eliminated any moment.. maybe the judges will use their SAVE or what.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2011, 12:36:37 PM »

Paul is the VFTW pick. Meaning he most definitely won't go beyond seventh place. :(

And isn't it shocking that Naima did not receive enough votes to make the Top 5 girls.. but now has more votes than Haley and Karen?!

From just the first Top 13 impression, i think we're going to see Lauren, Scotty, Pia, Casey and Stefano for a long long time. Jacob come across to me as the Big Mike vibe.. he might just be eliminated any moment.. maybe the judges will use their SAVE or what.

Aww man. Paul was my early favourite! But I guess he's just too... Quirky. And yes, I agree about the Big Mike fate from Jacob. But he'll probably still last a few more weeks. And I hope that the judges don't use their save on him although a big part of me thinks they will, 'cos after all he IS a huge talent.

I feel that Naima had an advantage this week 'cos of the order (she was the last). And her dance moves were pretty decent, so perhaps that got the votes. Not to mention she has a pretty endearing story... At least, she won me over with her story.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2011, 01:00:53 PM »

Aww man. Paul was my early favourite! But I guess he's just too... Quirky. And yes, I agree about the Big Mike fate from Jacob. But he'll probably still last a few more weeks. And I hope that the judges don't use their save on him although a big part of me thinks they will, 'cos after all he IS a huge talent.

I feel that Naima had an advantage this week 'cos of the order (she was the last). And her dance moves were pretty decent, so perhaps that got the votes. Not to mention she has a pretty endearing story... At least, she won me over with her story.

Not Naima for me.. i'm just shocked she's not in the bottom 3. I thought her song arrangements were horrible.