Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1161238 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #900 on: October 22, 2013, 10:31:34 AM »
I agree with theschnauzers, it's just a super leg, so don't overthink it...

And yes, if you arrive at the pit-stop without something you need to pick up (items), Phil will send you back to retrieve it. Not with paper clues though, if you lose the paper, you need to have the kindness of other racer to tell you where to go... and if none of them wants to help... good luck.

On Leg 10 of TAR 10 in Morocco, Tyler and James were running to the pit-stop and forgot their lucky pendant... before Phil had to ask them to go back and retrieve it, they realized their mistake and went back. :funny:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #901 on: October 22, 2013, 10:32:50 AM »
Remember "Follow that Plane"?? :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #902 on: October 22, 2013, 10:33:45 AM »
Remember "Follow that Plane"?? :funny:
:lol: That's vintage TAR :lol:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #903 on: October 22, 2013, 04:36:35 PM »
The "double leg" of the early seasons has evolved, folks.

Keep in mind that around TAR 14 to 18 the mandatory 12 hour rest period became a thing of the past, and that since there's no minimum period for a rest period between legs, there can be no rest period, which is what we saw, twice, in the season where those were introduced.

The use of "keep racing" continues from TAR 9, I believe as in TAR 6 the double leg was an improvisation in Hungary that happened to work. So I suspect that is where some of the confusion is coming from. The "keep racing" used to introduce the midpoint of a double leg; now it signifies when a no rest period pit stop takes place.

Don't overthink this, folks, it really isn't that hard to figure out; and we haven't seen a traditional double-length leg since the last visit to Sydney, IIRC.
Yes, I know about Hungary and begging and all the other "keep racing" legs in TAR8 at the farm or Romber in TAR7.
So your simple explanation pretty much says we now get no-penalty non-elimination Legs. 

I only ask because it seems unfair some saved teams have to deal with a Speed Bump and others don't.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #904 on: October 22, 2013, 07:36:57 PM »
We just have to deal with it? There are teams who came in last and all they had to do for Speedbump was to untie a bunch of tangled ropes :res: while some teams had to solve a really hard puzzle in Malawi or in the worst Speedbump IMO ever, serve water to loads of people in India, which the traffic was just time wasting and the people were countless!

I understand where you are getting from, but this is just like any "THIS LEG IS NOT OVER" legs like in TAR 7, TAR 9 and many of the earlier seasons... it would have been lame if Phil actually told the teams they are the last team to arrive, this is a keep racing leg... BUT YOU GET A SPEEDBUMP... right? (considering he doesn't announce like the prize that the first team won and send them off immediately)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #905 on: October 22, 2013, 10:45:45 PM »
Other than TBC legs, are there any other twists accidentally created?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #906 on: October 23, 2013, 12:23:24 AM »
There have not been many twists on TAR as compared to Survivor... :funny:

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #907 on: October 23, 2013, 01:14:32 AM »
At the starting line Phil said that the second express pass to be handed over before the end of the fifth leg. And we have heard Marie say that she will not hand it over until on the mat of the fifth leg. Now I wonder what will happen if there is no other team around when they get to the mat. Will they be penalized for checking in without giving it away? Can/will they just wait for the next team?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #908 on: October 23, 2013, 08:54:46 PM »
I suspect Tim and Marie have until the last team checks in on the fifth leg; but that's just a guess on my part. As the team with the Express Passes, there probably was an unseen instruction sheet about handing over the second pass to another team, and trying to avoid the possibility that the team holding both Express Passes gets eliminated before handling the second one over to another team.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #909 on: October 23, 2013, 11:05:44 PM »
What's the time penalty for buying tickets for 1st class/business class?
If a team goes to the pit stop by cab when the clue says to walk on foot, when does Phil tell the team to go back from where they came from and when does he give them a 30-minute penalty? I can't find the differences in the situations. :crazy:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #910 on: October 24, 2013, 04:41:48 AM »
Isn't the taking business class a 24hr penalty or am I  :crazy:

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #911 on: October 24, 2013, 11:57:34 AM »
Isn't the taking business class a 24hr penalty or am I  :crazy:
yes usually that is the case. however i belive the exact wording is the just have to pay for an economy seat.. then it would be okay..

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #912 on: October 24, 2013, 12:02:17 PM »
It led to Azaria & Hendekia's elim. if I remember correctly? :torche

Can a team use their EP on any task in the leg?

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #913 on: October 24, 2013, 04:23:53 PM »
DT, RB, ARI as far as I know.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #914 on: October 25, 2013, 02:43:10 AM »

I still wonder to this day how the EP will work with the intersection if both of them were in the same season. :umn:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #915 on: October 25, 2013, 04:00:13 AM »
Never thought of that Platinum!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #916 on: October 25, 2013, 06:07:23 AM »

1. They had to switch to a later flight which had economic seats, putting them in last.
2. I doubt they can use it on a route info.  :funny:

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #917 on: October 25, 2013, 09:31:18 AM »
Are teams no longer allowed to pay a taxi driver to follow them or kidnap locals in their vehicles to guide them?

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #918 on: October 25, 2013, 09:33:59 AM »
I think only Charla & Mirna kidnapped locals, the rest were of their own free will.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #919 on: October 25, 2013, 09:35:58 AM »
Are teams no longer allowed to pay a taxi driver to follow them or kidnap locals in their vehicles to guide them?
Yes the are. Back in Season 17 when Jill & Thomas paid local taxi driver to lead them to the Pitstop, they recieved 30 minute penalty, making Chad & Stephanie pass them and be the first team to arrive.

We no longer have fern since Season 18 I believe  ???
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #920 on: October 25, 2013, 09:41:36 AM »
Charla & Mirna straling a person in nearly every leg  :funny:

Offline wcpamotm

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #921 on: October 25, 2013, 10:26:29 AM »

1. They had to switch to a later flight which had economic seats, putting them in last.
2. I doubt they can use it on a route info.  :funny:

My guess would be that, generally speaking, a team could use the Express Pass to avoid a route info task such as the Ford Challenge.  That said, I could imagine that certain of such tasks could be designated as ineligible within the additional info.  I can agree that the EP couldn't be used if a team simply couldn't puzzle out a destination clue.  (how would that work anyway? Would Phil suddenly appear to hand the team an engraved detailed map to the next destination?   :funny:)
We can put a man on the moon, so why can't we have a Fast Forward in every leg?

Offline wcpamotm

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #922 on: October 25, 2013, 11:01:56 AM »
I suspect Tim and Marie have until the last team checks in on the fifth leg; but that's just a guess on my part.

I think this is a good guess.  Another guess is that Tim and Marie would not be allowed to check in to the pitstop while still in possession of the second EP.  We might actually find out what happens!
We can put a man on the moon, so why can't we have a Fast Forward in every leg?

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #923 on: October 25, 2013, 05:37:44 PM »
I suspect Tim and Marie have until the last team checks in on the fifth leg; but that's just a guess on my part.

I think this is a good guess.  Another guess is that Tim and Marie would not be allowed to check in to the pitstop while still in possession of the second EP.  We might actually find out what happens!
Yeah, but what can the exes do when arriving on the mat with the two EPs? Wait it out until last place like Zev & Justin? I don't think so. That would be a horrible rule for just a repetitive flank of cardboard even if a team is unbearable, annoying, or mean-spirited.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Rachel Berry

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #924 on: October 25, 2013, 09:47:54 PM »
Do the teams get to keep the papers of the detour, roadblock, route info, etc? Or they have to throw them?
Jason & Amy to win TAR23