Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1161893 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #325 on: January 08, 2012, 12:26:13 PM »
More precisely, the taxi driver turned in the passport that evening to the US Consulate, which is where Toni and Dallas when first thing the next morning. By then teams and production had already left for Portland, so they were on the next available flight, and arrived after the final three teams made it to the finish line later that evening.

-- theschnauzers

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #326 on: January 10, 2012, 10:48:34 AM »
Who said the quote "Fight To The Last Minute" in Season 1 Episode 11?
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #327 on: January 10, 2012, 11:38:47 AM »
The first season episode titles were not Racer quotes. That practice started in the second season.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #328 on: January 10, 2012, 11:47:47 AM »
Hmm.ok. Thank you theschnauzers
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #329 on: January 18, 2012, 10:53:29 PM »
Does season 19 feature the Elimination Station?
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #330 on: January 18, 2012, 11:14:17 PM »
No it didn't.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #331 on: January 19, 2012, 05:53:16 AM »
No it didn't.
So, where did the eliminated teams go?

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #332 on: January 19, 2012, 10:26:06 AM »
A good guess on where AR19 Elimination Station was located would be somewhere in Thailand, the site of episodes 4 and 5. Also, Thailand has previously been used for ES multiple times on east to west seasons.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 10:33:21 AM by apskip »

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #333 on: January 21, 2012, 01:04:43 AM »
There still is an Elimination Station. There just aren't anymore videos showing the eliminated teams there, if that's what you were asking, Theodorus. :tup:
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #334 on: January 22, 2012, 12:28:40 AM »
The TAR 19 ES was in Ko Samui, the same house that TAR 18 used.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #335 on: January 22, 2012, 12:48:01 AM »

I'm just curious which teams were sent to Elimination Station in both Seasons 18 and 19?

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #336 on: January 22, 2012, 04:03:44 PM »

I'm just curious which teams were sent to Elimination Station in both Seasons 18 and 19?

I would say that, in TAR18, R/C, M/L, J/C, M/M and A/K were all sent to ES since the next elimination was in Europe. In TAR19, I'm pretty shure that R/B, E/J, K/L and L/M were all sent to the villa, but I'm not shure for J/J. They were eliminated in Africa, pretty far from ES, maybe they followed the other teams in Europe (that's only spec tho). :duno:

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #337 on: January 22, 2012, 04:06:38 PM »
I would say that, in TAR18, R/C, M/L, J/C, M/M and A/K were all sent to ES since the next elimination was in Europe. In TAR19, I'm pretty shure that R/B, E/J, K/L and L/M were all sent to the villa, but I'm not shure for J/J. They were eliminated in Africa, pretty far from ES, maybe they followed the other teams in Europe (that's only spec tho). :duno:

I would guess that J/J were indeed sent, purely because flights to Thailand and then the USA would be cheaper than flights to Europe, Panama and the USA and putting them up in 5 star hotels.

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #338 on: January 22, 2012, 05:08:09 PM »

I would guess that J/J were indeed sent, purely because flights to Thailand and then the USA would be cheaper than flights to Europe, Panama and the USA and putting them up in 5 star hotels.

Bill & Cathi said in an interview that they waited in Belgium before being sent to the final destination.
But I agree it's cheeper Malawi-Thailand-USA than Malawi-Europe-USA + hotel

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #339 on: January 25, 2012, 07:11:30 AM »
i hope someone can answer my question  :hrt:

how do the 2 cameraman that travel with a team fly from country to country??
do teams have to buy 4 tickets on a plane or what??

i would really like to know
thanks!! :)

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #340 on: January 25, 2012, 07:40:13 AM »
i hope someone can answer my question  :hrt:

how do the 2 cameraman that travel with a team fly from country to country??
do teams have to buy 4 tickets on a plane or what??

i would really like to know
thanks!! :)

Yes, you're right. On the show every team say they wanna 2 tickets, but actually they have to buy 4.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #341 on: January 25, 2012, 08:07:35 AM »
This sounds like a silly question, but how did teams do the laundry? :lol:

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #342 on: January 25, 2012, 08:08:57 AM »
at pit stop i guest

Offline nyTAR

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #343 on: January 28, 2012, 01:19:38 PM »
Let's go way back to TAR14. The second to last episode has two names. On iTunes, it's listed as "He Made me Look like Alice Cooper" but on Wikipedia and the CBS recap, it's listed as "No More Mr. Nice Guy". Which one is right?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #344 on: January 28, 2012, 06:43:42 PM »
IIRC, both are right. CBS changed the episode title after early listings info went out, and before broadcast.
-- theschnauzers

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #345 on: February 04, 2012, 09:03:14 AM »
can someone help find race rules or post

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #346 on: February 04, 2012, 12:20:56 PM »
The show has never released its rule book. All of the rules and penalties that are known are due to their being mentioned during an episode, or from post-Race interviews or postings from individual Racers after their elimination or the season they appeared. And of course, there have been changes over the seasons, some announced, some implied, so it's hard to tell you where to go read the "rule book."
-- theschnauzers

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #347 on: February 04, 2012, 07:18:08 PM »
I agree that there are no "official rules" in the public domain. However, various efforts at unofficial rules have been made. Various Amazing Race-related websites have contained rules. Here is a set of rules from Wikipedia:

Rules and penalties

All teams must abide by the rules set at the beginning of the race. Failure to do so can result in time penalties, which can negatively affect finishing position in that leg of the race. In a non-elimination leg, if the last team to arrive at the mat is checked in before a previous team has completed its penalty, then the remainder of the penalty time will be waited out at the start of the next leg of the race, beginning at the departure time of the next-to-last team.

While the complete set of official rules has not been released to the public, certain rules have been revealed during the various editions of the race:
[edit] Rules

Unless otherwise stated, such as during Roadblocks, team members must stay within twenty feet of each other and stay close to their assigned camera and sound crew. When using any form of transportation, unless otherwise stated, teams must be able to travel with the camera crew. Teams are recorded requesting only two tickets after they have made their initial request for four.[19]
    Teams are required to purchase economy class airfare when they fly, using the credit card provided by the show.[20][21] Teams may ask the airlines before or during flight to upgrade their tickets to first or business class as long as they only paid the economy fare.[22] Teams may use their cash stipend to purchase first-class fares for other modes of transportation.[23] Teams may be forbidden from flying on certain airlines or restricted to specific airlines in some cases.
    Teams are forbidden contact with friends, family, and acquaintances during the Race, though the Race may provide them with an opportunity to make contact at select times.[24] Unless otherwise stated by the clues, teams are allowed to use the help of locals for navigating and during tasks. Teams are required to have any locals who appear on camera sign release forms that legally clear the footage for use; some teams have avoided or reduced contacts with random local strangers because the release process can take a very long time to complete.
    Teams are free to work together at any point unless otherwise stated by the rules.[25][26] Excluding the use of the Yield and U-Turn, teams are forbidden from hindering the performance of other teams such as by taking extra clues from a clue box, taking another team's assigned vehicle, or altering the equipment for other teams at a task.
    Teams are forbidden from possessing maps, guidebooks, cell phones, personal digital assistants and other similar aids at the start of the Race, but may use the provided money to purchase these as they progress. These may be provided by the show if required for a certain task.[27]
    Teams are not allowed to use their personal items to barter for services on the race, though they are not necessarily forbidden from selling them for cash. The teams' bags may be subject to review during Pit Stops by production. Teams are free to sell or barter any items they have purchased during the course of the race.
    In cases where teams are instructed to walk or drive themselves to a destination, teams are not allowed to hire a taxi to guide or take them through the route. In early seasons of the American series, teams frequently employed this tactic; several exchanges of dialogue in Season 17 indicate that this is now forbidden.
    Teams are expected to keep the Race fanny pack containing their cash, passports, clues, and other documents with them at all times. Teams that do not have these upon check-in at a Pit Stop are required to go back and retrieve the pack and any missing mandatory contents (e.g., passports) before being checked in. Teams may check in after losing or abandoning any non-mandatory items (e.g., items of clothing), but they must continue the race without them.
    Teams must complete each challenge as specified by the clues given to them throughout the Race. Should a team fail to properly complete a challenge, violate any provisions made in a clue or task description, or miss a clue altogether (unless specifically allowed to do so, e.g., by winning the Fast Forward, or by using an Express Pass), they must either go back to the location of the challenge and complete the challenge, or incur a penalty when they check in (see Penalties and time credits below).
    Teams are prohibited from begging where it is illegal. On the U.S. version, teams are additionally prohibited from begging at US airports.
    Racers may not smoke on the Race.
    Teams are required to abide by all local laws of the country in which they are racing.

The teams are often given additional rules and instructions that apply specifically to a given leg or to a task supplied with one of the clues; these are usually not explained to the viewer unless they affect the Race results.

Another source of unofficial rules is pages 12 and 13 of the book "Circumnavigating the Globe: Amazing Race 10-14 and Amazing Race Asia 1-3," which is similar to "My Ox is Broken" (which itself has another set of rules in pages 21 - 25).

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #348 on: February 07, 2012, 03:27:53 AM »
Does a photographer also follow the teams around? or does the cameraman himself take the pictures?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #349 on: February 07, 2012, 07:56:02 AM »
There is an additional photographer or two who take press pictures at some locations, mostly it is the cameraguys!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.