Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1161244 times)

Offline Lion

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #175 on: September 24, 2011, 01:46:59 PM »
Production holds them back until all the teams are cleared. It may also be due to the need for the crews to also clear customs with their equipment, so in order to avoid penalizing a team, and complicating time credits, it becomes simpler to just hold everyone until all the teams and crews have cleared.

I think this may have happened in earlier seasons...but I have it on pretty good authority that it does not happen any more. Customs is just another bad taxi now, I think.

Good source Peach...production does not hold anyone back at the airport. But getting a seat in the front of the plane is key. Also, keep in mind that u are booking for 4 people when u buy tickets (team, camera and sound guy). U cannot sit in front of your camera crew. You bust out of the plane and run for customs. Getting in the right line is luck of the draw. Plus customs can arbitrarily hold anyone up. If it happens u lose. No different when anyone travels abroad.

Offline Lion

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #176 on: September 24, 2011, 01:53:47 PM »
I think we see the dash only when all teams are on the same flight (which happens most of the time these days.) Otherwise, we're more likely not to see teams leaving customs, but elsewhere in airports looking for taxis or self-drive vehicles.

But even if all teams are on the same flight, clearing customs can take a very long time, so when we see all teams dashing at the same time, they can't all have got their passport stamps at exacty the same time can they?

Believe it or not sometimes the flights u take come in at odd times and customs is clear so basically teams do run out at the same time.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #177 on: September 24, 2011, 03:15:05 PM »
Thanks Lion!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline inomu

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #178 on: September 25, 2011, 05:18:49 AM »
In Europe it's quite important to get seats in front of the plane because there is no passport control and customs between Schengen countries which these days includes most of the Europe. So after European flights it's also easy to them to leave the plane in one bunch.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: September 25, 2011, 06:54:28 AM »
In Europe it's quite important to get seats in front of the plane because there is no passport control and customs between Schengen countries which these days includes most of the Europe. So after European flights it's also easy to them to leave the plane in one bunch.

Actually that's not absolutely correct. In many airports there are different queues for the people from E.E. countries and different from people from the rest of the world. But if you fly from one E.E. country to another the security and the passport checking is minimal anyway even for non-E.E. people.

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #180 on: September 25, 2011, 07:37:17 AM »
Actually that's not absolutely correct. In many airports there are different queues for the people from E.E. countries and different from people from the rest of the world. But if you fly from one E.E. country to another the security and the passport checking is minimal anyway even for non-E.E. people.

Actually that is not correct. There is no passport control/immigration if you fly within the Schengen area. You may still have to go through customs, but there is usually a lane for passengers from another EU country and it is very seldom that you get stopped in that lane.

For example when I flew to Istanbul a couple of weeks ago I first flew from Sweden to Copenhagen, that was a flight inside Schengen so no passport control. Then in Copenhagen I had pass through the passport control before my flight to Istanbul, since that is outside Schengen. When I flew back I was on a direct flight from Istanbul to Sweden so I had to pass through immigration when I landed.

Offline Peace, Love, TAR! :D

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #181 on: October 02, 2011, 04:34:08 PM »
I'm writing an essay about spoiling TAR, and I was wondering if some of the detectives could answer these questions.

1. How/ When do you guys know when The Amazing Race starts?
2. Where do all the pics./ info of all the teams come from? How do you know it's accurate?
3. How many detectives are there? What countries?
4. When did spoiling The Amazing Race start? By who?
5. What is your favorite part about spoiling The Amazing Race?

Thanks for answering these questions, hopefully ASAP.  :hearts: You guys rock!
"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #182 on: October 03, 2011, 03:46:06 PM »
A question: in yesterday's episode, when Marcus came out of the taxi when arriving to the cave, he says "Oh Lord, I know how you feel Big Easy". Is it the first time that someone mentions a past racer???  :duno:
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 03:56:09 PM by flamant777 »

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #183 on: October 03, 2011, 03:49:36 PM »
A question: in yesterday's episode, when Marcus came out of the taxi when arriving to the cave, he says "Oh Lord, I know how you feel Big Easy". Is it the first time that a someone mentions a past racer???  :duno:

In TAR 4 Ep 1 I think, when they were in the snow, one man said to his woman-partner "don't be a Flo", referring of course to Flo's nagging.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #184 on: October 03, 2011, 06:18:53 PM »
A question: in yesterday's episode, when Marcus came out of the taxi when arriving to the cave, he says "Oh Lord, I know how you feel Big Easy". Is it the first time that a someone mentions a past racer???  :duno:

In TAR 4 Ep 1 I think, when they were in the snow, one man said to his woman-partner "don't be a Flo", referring of course to Flo's nagging.

It was Amanda & Chris. Amanda was lagging behind while climbing a hill and Chris said, "Come on, Flo!"

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #185 on: October 04, 2011, 03:56:54 PM »
Don't wanna sound annoying or anything, but can someone please answer my questions? I would really like them to be answered. Thanks!  :hrt:
"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #186 on: October 04, 2011, 04:22:51 PM »
Don't wanna sound annoying or anything, but can someone please answer my questions? I would really like them to be answered. Thanks!  :hrt:

I think the lack of response is due to not wanting to reveal our methods so that World Race Productions can develop ways of blocking them. Discussing methods is generally discouraged around here. If anyone wants to help you out, I'd suggest doing so by PM instead of on the message board.

I don't have any good answers for 1, 3 or 4. I can't figure out how they do 1 or 3 either. I won't go into detail on 2, but I just do the obvious stuff frequently. I'm not one of the clever detectives. As for 5, the favorite part for me is finding out something that's happening on the race in real time months before it's revealed on TV.   :tup: It's just fun.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 04:36:10 PM by Plaidmoon »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #187 on: October 04, 2011, 04:33:30 PM »
I'm writing an essay about spoiling TAR, and I was wondering if some of the detectives could answer these questions.

1. How/ When do you guys know when The Amazing Race starts?
2. Where do all the pics./ info of all the teams come from? How do you know it's accurate?
3. How many detectives are there? What countries?
4. When did spoiling The Amazing Race start? By who?
5. What is your favorite part about spoiling The Amazing Race?

Thanks for answering these questions, hopefully ASAP.  :hearts: You guys rock!

You can look into the TAR Detective thread for a full list...

Finds come from tons of research, "Detective" work, and following leads, with a little bit of luck thrown in. Everything pretty much has to be proved in more than one way before it is confirmed. Finds do NOT come from spoon fed info from CBS or WRP, we have NO production sources. All work is original.

Puddin was the original and best spoiler. It was her leadership and vision that assembled the original spoiler team...not to mention that she was an extraordinary researcher in her own right.

In the early days, spoiling was pretty much limited to photo analysis and following media and blog clues, as well as vidcap analysis from the previews.

Then along came FB and Twitter...and we were suddenly faced with much more immediate (sometimes  LIVE!) information. Because I love to talk to people :lol: we began reaching out directly to eyewitnesses as well. And success breeds success...people see what is possible and try to contribute as they can.

The most important thing is that this is a TEAM effort...and the results come from the contributions and hard work of the WHOLE team.

Hope that helps? Sorry but of course the team cannot reveal our methods in much more detail!

« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 04:38:54 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #188 on: October 04, 2011, 04:57:36 PM »
OMG!!  :hearts: That helps A LOT!! Thanks for answering them for me....really awesome of you guys to do it.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #189 on: October 05, 2011, 10:38:36 AM »
Question 1: Has anyone in RFF ever participated in TAR as a contestant?

Question 2: Do you think we should create a thread talking about former contestants' life after the show? For instance, how are they doing now? Did they participate in a talking show or something like that recently?
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #190 on: October 05, 2011, 11:05:46 AM »

Question 2: Do you think we should create a thread talking about former contestants' life after the show? For instance, how are they doing now? Did they participate in a talking show or something like that recently?

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/board,110.0.html
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #191 on: October 05, 2011, 02:56:08 PM »

Me! Well, sort of. I was lurking around for a while before I left for Season 14. I told my family to check RFF out if they want to keep track of my Mom and I. When the picture from Phuket surfaced, my family knew the ankle is me!! Haha but yeah, my family were thrilled to see that we made it to Thailand.

But I know I never posted before I went on the first race but I was a regular on here before I disappeared for second race. Does that counts? Haha

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #192 on: October 05, 2011, 04:44:06 PM »

THIS is the thread to use for any former racers, news and updates. Once we close down each season, they come to live here.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/board,67.0.html

There are some missing from the early seasons, so feel free to add one for a missing team IF you have news to share!!

And sure Luke...we would LOVE to count that!! :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #193 on: October 05, 2011, 09:24:58 PM »

Me! Well, sort of. I was lurking around for a while before I left for Season 14. I told my family to check RFF out if they want to keep track of my Mom and I. When the picture from Phuket surfaced, my family knew the ankle is me!! Haha but yeah, my family were thrilled to see that we made it to Thailand.

But I know I never posted before I went on the first race but I was a regular on here before I disappeared for second race. Does that counts? Haha
Including being a contestant in a survivor game. :lol:

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #194 on: October 05, 2011, 10:10:57 PM »

Not my fault that the game were SO super slow! I mean, I knew I was going to be on the Race before I signed up for the game. I thought the game will be at fast pace and all done before I left for the Race! But, it moved so slow so I just quitted. Sorry guys!

But, I know it was kind of fishy how I quit out of blue and vanished. I bet some of you probably figured it out I was getting ready for the Race.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #195 on: October 06, 2011, 06:03:48 AM »
OMG! Are you Luke, DeafRacer?  :waves: You have a lot of fans in China!
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #196 on: October 06, 2011, 02:32:26 PM »

Not my fault that the game were SO super slow! I mean, I knew I was going to be on the Race before I signed up for the game. I thought the game will be at fast pace and all done before I left for the Race! But, it moved so slow so I just quitted. Sorry guys!

But, I know it was kind of fishy how I quit out of blue and vanished. I bet some of you probably figured it out I was getting ready for the Race.

I had a feeling that was why. ;)
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #197 on: October 06, 2011, 03:51:35 PM »
OMG! Are you Luke, DeafRacer?  :waves: You have a lot of fans in China!

Yes, it's me! Thanks!

I loooooooooooved China but I was disappointed that I had to run FIVE legs in China. Bleh. Maybe I should do China Rush!  :lol:

But no really, China's so beautiful. I hope to go back one day and visit Guilin.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #198 on: October 07, 2011, 05:55:08 AM »

Survivor game? Did you show up on Survivor? ???
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #199 on: October 07, 2011, 06:30:41 AM »
No. One of our Fantasy Games.
RFF's Golden Rule: