Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1161850 times)

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #2275 on: April 02, 2019, 01:39:52 AM »
And also (the independent nation of) Macedonia is changed to North Macedonia to avoid with the whole Macedonia comprises the ancient region of Macedonia including the southern part is at Greece.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #2276 on: April 23, 2019, 10:56:36 PM »
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 07:50:37 PM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Gra1162

« Reply #2277 on: April 24, 2019, 03:34:33 AM »
There are some countries which are yet to be visited by US teams: Suriname, French Guiana, Latvia, Slovakia, Slovenia, San Marino, Bulgaria, Montenegro, Serbia, Belarus, Gabon, Ivory Coast, Angola, Comoros, Sierra Leone, Swaziland, Lesotho, Rwanda, Israel, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Myanmar, Brunei, East Timor, Tibet, Fiji, Vanuatu, Marshall Islands, Solomon Islands, Papua New Guinea, American Samoa, etc.

How will you rate which one is dangerous and which one is safe?

are these all the countries? uh uh oh Tibet would be very interesting
but technically they are chinese teritory
Tibet is not safe for people who have fear of heights, also you can't run around in Tibet, you need to move slowly, it's very dangerous to run around in Tibet

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #2278 on: April 24, 2019, 05:14:27 AM »
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 07:50:51 PM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2279 on: May 01, 2019, 11:53:45 PM »
Is it possible, for a team in the finale, to arrive 1st in a memory task that's a Roadblock, before the Finish Line, knowing that teams are hours behind them, just get a penalty for telling the RB performer the answers (like Denise accidentally did in TAR 27), knowing that the length of the penalty doesn't matter if the teams behind them are hours away?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #2280 on: May 02, 2019, 07:45:17 PM »
Is it possible, for a team in the finale, to arrive 1st in a memory task that's a Roadblock, before the Finish Line, knowing that teams are hours behind them, just get a penalty for telling the RB performer the answers (like Denise accidentally did in TAR 27), knowing that the length of the penalty doesn't matter if the teams behind them are hours away?
Absolutely. We had Rachel & Dave miss an entire RB in season 20 without affecting their results. The team would just likely be sitting beside the finish line with all the greeting eliminated teams until the penalty elapses.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2281 on: May 02, 2019, 08:05:58 PM »
Absolutely. We had Rachel & Dave miss an entire RB in season 20 without affecting their results. The team would just likely be sitting beside the finish line with all the greeting eliminated teams until the penalty elapses.

Probably true on the last part, though Rachel and Dave went back and did the roadblock in S20, so they don't really apply to the question.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #2282 on: May 03, 2019, 01:43:57 AM »
mm what is the title of bgm they played in japan?
Swarm stupidity

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #2283 on: May 09, 2019, 06:26:12 AM »
Are there any countries that teams have set foot in as an airport layover that have not formally been visited? I know Denmark was one until it was visited in S19, and I think Charla & Mirna connected through Bahrain once but that's been visited now too. Is there anything?
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2284 on: May 09, 2019, 06:29:57 AM »
Kenya, Season 5? I don't know why the wikis count this as a visited country. They didn't do anything there.

Also, internationally, TAR Australia 1 gave us a glimpse of Jordan when they were connecting out of Israel.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 06:34:31 AM by Maanca »

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2285 on: May 09, 2019, 09:24:18 AM »
Are there any countries that teams have set foot in as an airport layover that have not formally been visited? I know Denmark was one until it was visited in S19, and I think Charla & Mirna connected through Bahrain once but that's been visited now too. Is there anything?

TAR 15 connected in Riga, Latvia when flying to Prague.

BJ & Tyler connected in Doha, Qatar when flying to Muscat.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 09:55:50 AM by Xoruz »

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #2286 on: May 09, 2019, 10:08:16 AM »

TAR 6 connected in Copenhagen, Denmark when teams flew from Reykjavik, Iceland to Oslo, Norway.

Prior to TAR 9, Japan was a connected flight from cities in Far East to Hawaii.

Prior to TAR 10, Spain was also a connected flight from when Bob & Joyce and Kami & Karli flew from Buenos Aires, Argentina to Saint Petersburg, Russia in TAR 5. Spain didn't do anything that those trucks alighted to stop at Algeciras before boarding a ferry across Gibraltar strait to Morocco in TAR 3.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 11:07:31 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #2287 on: May 09, 2019, 12:20:46 PM »
Kenya, Season 5? I don't know why the wikis count this as a visited country. They didn't do anything there.

I think it's because the clue said to fly to Nairobi, Kenya. It's the same reason that South Africa is counted as a destination in TAR1 even though all they do is get on a flight - the clue said to go to Johannesburg, South Africa.
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline Lmh1988

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2288 on: May 09, 2019, 12:48:36 PM »
This may have been asked already somewhere but I couldn't find it...are the clues printed right before each leg? I've been rewatching some of the seasons and noticed on some Roadblocks, it would specify by name which person needed to do it, so I assumed printing the clues right before each leg would be the only possible way they would know that?

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2289 on: May 10, 2019, 12:01:45 PM »

Cyprus I think. In one season, some teams connected through Larnaca? Or maybe that option was aired but they never took it.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #2290 on: May 10, 2019, 04:24:31 PM »
This may have been asked already somewhere but I couldn't find it...are the clues printed right before each leg? I've been rewatching some of the seasons and noticed on some Roadblocks, it would specify by name which person needed to do it, so I assumed printing the clues right before each leg would be the only possible way they would know that?

The production certainly has the means to do so. One reason is to deal with last minute changes within a leg, or a change of a leg and all tasks for a replacement leg.
-- theschnauzers

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #2291 on: May 10, 2019, 04:40:49 PM »
This makes me wonder, how many replacement legs do Race productions come up with for each season? Is there only a couple backups or..... do they make a completely alternate "race" on hand and pick up countries from that shortlist once deemed necessary?

:o This thought never crossed my mind until now.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #2292 on: May 10, 2019, 09:45:54 PM »
My best guess would be that they have a backup leg or two ready for each continent that would be at the difficulty level that the race would be at during that point
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #2293 on: May 12, 2019, 04:43:57 AM »
From what I recall over the years, tTPTB have a number of alternative legs prepared if there’s an issue in filming at any point. More than just a couple. The Racers get a hint of options for countries where visas have to be issued in advance so those are in Racers’ passport. Sometimes TPTB have to apply for visas during filming which may cause a delay, but that’s uncommon
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2294 on: May 12, 2019, 09:28:45 AM »
They also do visas for places they know they aren't going to confuse the racers
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2295 on: May 12, 2019, 02:15:27 PM »

I believe some teams connected through Sofia to get to Moscow and eventually Krasnoyarsk in TAR 14?

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #2296 on: May 31, 2019, 10:46:41 AM »
Is there any country that hasn't had a full leg (or has a Pit Stop in it) in the US version but has been visited on transit to the real destination, but not aired on TV yet?

Kenya in season 5 leg 7 is not counted because I remember the clue specifically told them to fly to Nairobi first before going to Tanzania.
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #2297 on: May 31, 2019, 05:27:50 PM »
Is there any country that hasn't had a full leg (or has a Pit Stop in it) in the US version but has been visited on transit to the real destination, but not aired on TV yet?

Kenya in season 5 leg 7 is not counted because I remember the clue specifically told them to fly to Nairobi first before going to Tanzania.

I don't know, but I approve of the avatar~
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2298 on: June 02, 2019, 10:35:04 PM »
The closest thing I can think of is in leg 7 of TAR 12, where teams had to travel by bus from Dubrovnik to Split, before traveling by ferry to Italy. The bus ride would've passed through the narrow coastal part of Bosnia & Herzegovina but it isn't commented on by the show.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #2299 on: June 08, 2019, 04:53:52 AM »
Who is the strongest (physically) racer ever? i nominate Bolo
Swarm stupidity