Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1161464 times)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #2100 on: February 25, 2018, 09:06:41 PM »
Can somebody compile the averages of teams from TAR25 to TAR30? I wanna see the Top 11 at least, and imagine those teams race for an all-star season.
I have two threads concerning the average placement of each team in this discussion area. A season by season list for all 30 seasons, showing each leg placement which are used to compute that season’s team placement averages, and a master list of all Racers going back to season one. I list the season and placement for each team, and highlight the final three and teams eliminated on the first leg. The master list currently covers seasons 1 to 29, but season 30 will be added as soon as I have a little time. Easiest and fastest way to find that information.

Ooh! Will look into that when I need more info on averages. Thanks! :)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2101 on: February 25, 2018, 09:07:15 PM »
I don't think I've seen this asked:
Where were eliminated teams sequestered for TAR30?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2102 on: February 25, 2018, 09:46:13 PM »
Rome,
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2103 on: March 01, 2018, 03:42:04 PM »
I realise this is a politically based question but how exactly did Lucas & Brittany get into the UAE?

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #2104 on: March 01, 2018, 11:12:50 PM »
I realise this is a politically based question but how exactly did Lucas & Brittany get into the UAE?

What are you suggesting?

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2105 on: March 02, 2018, 02:04:28 AM »

What are you suggesting?

Without a passport how did they get into the waiting area with all the other teams?

They don’t need a passport to get to the waiting area because you don’t have to go through customs if you aren’t leaving the airport. To actually get into the Dubai, they probably had to call the US Consulate in Dubai or something to get permission for transit to and from there.

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2106 on: March 02, 2018, 05:24:02 PM »
What kind of visas are they getting? Are they getting the basic tourist visas or are they getting special visas because they are filming?

« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 11:38:05 AM by nrh2110 »

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #2107 on: March 04, 2018, 11:30:55 PM »
How come all visits to Belgium thus far have required intermittent trips to Germany or the Netherlands to both enter and leave? There's airports in Belgium......right?
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2108 on: March 05, 2018, 05:04:19 AM »
What if there had been a Head-to-Head in TAR30's Leg 9? Considering Lucas & Brittany had a passport issue, would the supposed 4th-placed team be allowed to check-in with a penalty (like the team is quitting a task), or would they have to wait for the Lifeguards after several hours? I can't imagine Phil having to wait for the last team just because of that twist. :funny:

sorry for bringing this up after a long time, but yeah, I think Leg 5 of TARCAN 3 will help answer your question.

Simi and Ope were last at the face off, and the next team who arrived at the face off were Neil and Kristin. However Kristin was injured from the roadblock and couldn't do the face off, so both Neil and Kristin and Simi and Ope took a 4 hour penalty. However, there was still one team who was left, and they were Nic and Sabrina. Nic and Sabrina weren't penalized and could proceed with the leg. However, by then it was too dark for the teams to continue racing, and they still had a detour left (Nic and Sabrina were even u-turned!), so they had to wait out their penalties at the pit-stop, while Jon waited with them. Adding to all of this was the fact that this leg was a KOR, so if Jon had to wait for all of this bs then I assume Phil would also have to wait for B & L to catch up with the face off.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2109 on: March 05, 2018, 07:53:27 AM »
What if there had been a Head-to-Head in TAR30's Leg 9? Considering Lucas & Brittany had a passport issue, would the supposed 4th-placed team be allowed to check-in with a penalty (like the team is quitting a task), or would they have to wait for the Lifeguards after several hours? I can't imagine Phil having to wait for the last team just because of that twist. :funny:

sorry for bringing this up after a long time, but yeah, I think Leg 5 of TARCAN 3 will help answer your question.

Simi and Ope were last at the face off, and the next team who arrived at the face off were Neil and Kristin. However Kristin was injured from the roadblock and couldn't do the face off, so both Neil and Kristin and Simi and Ope took a 4 hour penalty. However, there was still one team who was left, and they were Nic and Sabrina. Nic and Sabrina weren't penalized and could proceed with the leg. However, by then it was too dark for the teams to continue racing, and they still had a detour left (Nic and Sabrina were even u-turned!), so they had to wait out their penalties at the pit-stop, while Jon waited with them. Adding to all of this was the fact that this leg was a KOR, so if Jon had to wait for all of this bs then I assume Phil would also have to wait for B & L to catch up with the face off.

:faint:

I didn't/haven't watch(ed) TAR CAN, but I guess the face-off works slightly differently from the head-to-head (since it's at the pit stop). ??? Well, I wonder what would happen if that actually happens in TAR US.

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2110 on: March 05, 2018, 07:07:29 PM »
For international versions if teams were assigned penalty(ies) in KOR legs, they would serve as KOR pitstop (TAR Asia 4 leg 7, TAR Australia 2 leg 7, TAR Ukraine 1 leg 5, TAR Canada 3 leg 5), but for TAR US they served their penalty as next pitstop (Kent & Vyxsin for TAR 18)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #2111 on: March 07, 2018, 05:34:21 PM »
How come all visits to Belgium thus far have required intermittent trips to Germany or the Netherlands to both enter and leave? There's airports in Belgium......right?
My guess is that Antwerp isn’t a hub airport, even for European air travel and it proves easier from TPTB to otherwise arrange things. 
-- theschnauzers

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #2112 on: March 08, 2018, 06:24:18 PM »
There's something I've always been curious about, and I don't know if anyone would have an answer here...

In TAR10 in Vietnam, the teams were prohibited from taking motorcycle taxis as it was unsafe. However, Tom & Terry did do this and received a penalty. What I wonder is how they managed to facilitate this ride to include their camera and sound guys... Did they really find two MORE motorcycle taxis to carry them, and did the crew actually agree to this? They would agree to sit on the back of a motorcycle as someone else drove...WHILE holding a huge camera/boom mike? I am reminded of a comment Jen recently made about camera crews having the right to tell teams to slow down or stop doing something if they felt unsafe, so I have no idea how something like this even happened...
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #2113 on: March 08, 2018, 08:49:40 PM »
There's something I've always been curious about, and I don't know if anyone would have an answer here...

In TAR10 in Vietnam, the teams were prohibited from taking motorcycle taxis as it was unsafe. However, Tom & Terry did do this and received a penalty. What I wonder is how they managed to facilitate this ride to include their camera and sound guys... Did they really find two MORE motorcycle taxis to carry them, and did the crew actually agree to this? They would agree to sit on the back of a motorcycle as someone else drove...WHILE holding a huge camera/boom mike? I am reminded of a comment Jen recently made about camera crews having the right to tell teams to slow down or stop doing something if they felt unsafe, so I have no idea how something like this even happened...
As I’ve understood.the rules over the years, the camera crew stays with the team, period.The closest example to that situation I can think of at the moment is during the Lisbon leg where one team took a cab to the pit stop rather than walk, the team would have paid the fare. I’m pretty sure the TAR 10 situation would have required the team to pay for the transportation of he camera crew as well.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2114 on: March 09, 2018, 09:36:01 PM »

I checked the relevant episode and just from how it was filmed the sound and camera guys must have each found separate motorcycles. Perhaps not coincidentally, there are only two short clips of them on the motorcycles, one of them getting on and one of them disembarking.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2115 on: March 09, 2018, 09:37:14 PM »
I asked Tom: :waves:

Hi peach! Yes. At the time our crew indicated it was ok. They did ride next to us.  We literally saw motorcycles nearby and due to the time element knowing we got off at the wrong stop, instead of running or walking the bus route we thought not knowing how far that the motorcycles would be faster. Honestly we remember the clue saying no motorcycles but did not remember if it was outside of Hanoi or not. When we went to check we could have sworn our crew nodded it was ok so we never looked back at the clue.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2116 on: March 10, 2018, 01:58:17 AM »
My guess is that Antwerp isn’t a hub airport, even for European air travel and it proves easier from TPTB to otherwise arrange things.

Brussels is a major hub city and there's even a direct flight to Tangier from Brussels.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2117 on: March 10, 2018, 05:36:38 AM »

Brussels is a major hub city and there's even a direct flight to Tangier from Brussels.
Probably production want to bunch all the teams together.
Remember, the head-2-head on previous leg did widen the gap between teams (Yales were at least 2 hours behind 7th place team and Twins were more than 2 hours behind Yales)

Offline haybale

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #2118 on: March 22, 2018, 02:35:51 AM »
new here... hi.

Is there an itinerary or shooting schedule somewhere online for any race season?

I'm asking because I just started a rewatch of the series where I'm trying to get a feeling for what the racers actually went through -- and it's very confusing. Just one example: an evening party shown briefly at the start of season 1 episode 9 in Laxmi Niwas could not have happened if teams only spent 12 hours there. I'm guessing that stop was 36 hours minimum?

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2119 on: March 22, 2018, 05:42:48 AM »
new here... hi.

Is there an itinerary or shooting schedule somewhere online for any race season?

I'm asking because I just started a rewatch of the series where I'm trying to get a feeling for what the racers actually went through -- and it's very confusing. Just one example: an evening party shown briefly at the start of season 1 episode 9 in Laxmi Niwas could not have happened if teams only spent 12 hours there. I'm guessing that stop was 36 hours minimum?

:welcome2: to RFF, haybale!
I can't really answer that question but what I most probably think they do is that they would probably leave a day's gap in the shooting schedule for stuff like that. Either that or production just edits it in such a way that it appears as if they're partying after the episode. Sometimes it so happens that there is no flight for the next destination so production has to extend stay in a particular place.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 07:17:17 AM by violetb1911 »

Gra1162

« Reply #2120 on: March 22, 2018, 05:55:27 AM »
I would like to ask about TAR 24 1st leg cause Caroline and Jennifer arrived 9th however they switched places with joey and Meghan  :idgit
I don't see any production problem  in the leg

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2121 on: March 22, 2018, 06:27:10 AM »
new here... hi.

:welcome: to RFF haybale!!

The answer is YES!

RFF has grown tremendously season by season. As we try to follow each season in LIVE time during the filming, in more recent seasons we have had great fun following them along. Our LIVE (SPOILER) info has grown season by season. All spoiler info is summarized in a stickied TIMELINE post in each season's own thread maybe from season 9 or 10 on? Not sure when we started that without checking.  :-[

Older seasons can be found in the ARCHIVES

Examples of recent seasons would be

30 with an extensive summary at the end as well.

For ALL the seasons,  we also have an EXTENSIVE WIKI

That can be found here: http://realityfanwiki.com/index.php?title=Portal:The_Amazing_Race and may help you to follow as well.

Enjoy! And please feel free to ask for more here or message me.  I can often ask former racers to clarify, will see what I can find out about that delay for you.

Have fun!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline haybale

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #2122 on: March 22, 2018, 08:35:08 AM »
Wow, thanks Peach. What a difference it makes when you know the right word to google.

Another forum's TAR1 TIMELINE contains a whole week of rest days that were not shown on tv.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 10:14:54 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2123 on: March 22, 2018, 10:16:51 AM »
Glad you found something. There were several good TAR place's that are no longer active. I was a member of 2 and miss them still!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #2124 on: March 22, 2018, 04:17:39 PM »
Glad you found something. There were several good TAR place's that are no longer active. I was a member of 2 and miss them still!

Don't worry Peach! This is the best TAR place!