Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1161506 times)

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #1200 on: August 19, 2014, 04:34:12 PM »
If you want to see TARLA, I strongly suggest you to see the first season. It still remains as the best of the five aired.

Thanks Alen!  Is it in English though? Or Subtitles?
What about TARA or China Rush? I remember watching about 10 Mins of the First Leg for one of the Asian Seasons, but can't mind which one?   ???
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #1201 on: August 19, 2014, 04:52:24 PM »
Sadly, none of the seasons of TARLA have english subs  :( .

About TARA, I liked all seasons; but my fav is TARA2.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1202 on: August 19, 2014, 07:05:46 PM »
I on the other hand watched the first three seasons of TARA and found the second to be one of the worst ones of all the international seasons, even worse then TAR family edition. Hahaha the third was great though

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1203 on: August 20, 2014, 04:14:40 PM »
I thought the second was better than any of the other Asian versions. It went to Europe and Africa, and it had two hilarious idiots running the race as well as a lovable deaf guy.

The worst out of all the international versions is without a doubt the Vietnamese version. Do not call anything "the worse" until you've seen that one.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1204 on: August 20, 2014, 07:09:54 PM »
I found those two idiots not funny but extremelly annoying. The other teams were not so good either. The route was ok but a bunch of horrible decisions, like when they did an entire leg in Japan then in the end had to take a train to pitstop and everyone was equal and it was tbc

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1205 on: August 20, 2014, 08:28:24 PM »
I only liked 2 of the female teamsin s2. Enjoyed the 3rd much more, Ida & Tania were hilarious

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #1206 on: August 20, 2014, 08:46:15 PM »

But if want, you can see TARLA 5 and read the live update in the international board to understand.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1207 on: August 21, 2014, 01:28:42 PM »

But if want, you can see TARLA 5 and read the live update in the international board to understand.

Thanks Alen, but I think watching it, and having to read on a seperate board what they're saying would take away from the enjoyment of it.
I'm thinking of starting TAR Asia.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1208 on: August 21, 2014, 01:53:47 PM »

Thanks Alen, but I think watching it, and having to read on a seperate board what they're saying would take away from the enjoyment of it.

I do it all the time ^_^
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

paldog123456

« Reply #1209 on: August 22, 2014, 07:14:41 PM »
Although this isn't specific to any particular Seasons, it is a question, and it's related to TAR, so I'll ask anyway.  :lol:

I'd like to say I'm a pretty big TAR fan, and have seen all the US, Canadian and Australian Seasons so far, but I want to start getting into other (International) seasons.  Has anyone any advise as too where to start, or which Seasons are really great that I'm missing out on?

Thanks in Advance Guys!  :kuss:

I really like TAR: China Rush, season 1. It has pretty good tasks, locations, and teams (and since all the teams are expats, they are fluent in English). The other seasons of China Rush are good, too, but feature more Chinese locals (which isn't a bad thing, but forces me to read the subtitles, which I find a little annoying). I would start with season 1.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1210 on: August 22, 2014, 07:19:53 PM »
Although this isn't specific to any particular Seasons, it is a question, and it's related to TAR, so I'll ask anyway.  :lol:

I'd like to say I'm a pretty big TAR fan, and have seen all the US, Canadian and Australian Seasons so far, but I want to start getting into other (International) seasons.  Has anyone any advise as too where to start, or which Seasons are really great that I'm missing out on?

I really like TAR: China Rush, season 1. It has pretty good tasks, locations, and teams (and since all the teams are expats, they are fluent in English). The other seasons of China Rush are good, too, but feature more Chinese locals (which isn't a bad thing, but forces me to read the subtitles, which I find a little annoying). I would start with season 1.
I agree with Paldog. I think that all seasons of China Rush are good, but there is a bit more product placement than the US Version (with the Hilton Teddy Bears). You should watch them.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1211 on: August 24, 2014, 12:17:30 PM »

I agree with Paldog. I think that all seasons of China Rush are good, but there is a bit more product placement than the US Version (with the Hilton Teddy Bears). You should watch them.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys  :<3

I think I'll start with China Rush, and then move on to TARA!

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1212 on: August 28, 2014, 12:37:55 AM »
Is Express Pass applicable to Speed Bump?
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1213 on: August 28, 2014, 01:24:16 AM »
Yes, I think so. It's just that... speedbumps are too easy to skip. Only someone who doesn't strategize well would use the EP on the speedbump.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1214 on: August 28, 2014, 05:57:57 AM »
Is Express Pass applicable to Speed Bump?

Unless you are John & Jessica  :funny: you'll probably use your Express Pass WAY BEFORE you finish last. So I don't think it applies.

I got a question. Is it possible for two teams to use their Express Pass in the same leg/or in the same task?

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1215 on: August 28, 2014, 09:55:17 AM »
Yeah , two teams can use the Express Pass on the same task.

And the Express Pass is availiable to the Speed Bumb too.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1216 on: September 06, 2014, 11:01:51 PM »
Hi. I know the Roadblock rule was introduced in Season 6 due to final 3 teams of Season 5 have unbalanced Roadblock number performed (Chip/Brandon 9, Colin 8, their partner Kim/Nicole/Christie only performed ONE Roadblock :ascared) that leads Bowling Moms Linda & Karen epic elimination in the Philippines 2.  :'(

I want to know the list of Roadblock rule changes from Season 6 from Season 24 if there is some changes made. This is because I was confused on some season such as Season 23 & 24 where in Season 23 last 2 legs before final Marie was explicitly mentioned in the clue that she must perform roadblock in Indonesia 2 and Japan while in Season 24 Dave doesn't happen like Marie.  ???
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1217 on: September 07, 2014, 12:42:18 AM »
I want to know the list of Roadblock rule changes from Season 6 from Season 24 if there is some changes made. This is because I was confused on some season such as Season 23 & 24 where in Season 23 last 2 legs before final Marie was explicitly mentioned in the clue that she must perform roadblock in Indonesia 2 and Japan while in Season 24 Dave doesn't happen like Marie.  ???
A LOT of fans wanted to know after seeing Connor do too many Road Blocks. 
And Phil tweeted SEVERAL times responding to all the tweets.  Basically, he says:

#Roadblocks #TAR25 rules same 4 all no team could do more than 6 RBs B4 end of L10 - 3 RBs in L11+12 those can be divided 2-1 #AmazingRace

He tweets this here, here, here, here, here and here.

But no matter how many times he says it, it still doesn't make any sense.

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1218 on: September 07, 2014, 02:56:11 AM »
A LOT of fans wanted to know after seeing Connor do too many Road Blocks. 
And Phil tweeted SEVERAL times responding to all the tweets.  Basically, he says:

#Roadblocks #TAR25 rules same 4 all no team could do more than 6 RBs B4 end of L10 - 3 RBs in L11+12 those can be divided 2-1 #AmazingRace

He tweets this here, here, here, here, here and here.

But no matter how many times he says it, it still doesn't make any sense.

I just realized this yesterday: If Margie & Luke managed to reach the penultimate leg, and Luke was stuck with that last Roadblock before the finale, they would be screwed. But even with the last-minute rule patch, they should have uninstated it after Margie & Luke were eliminated. Even with that, (especially AFTER realizing they were going to cast a deaf guy on the show again after doing it TWICE) they could have structured it in some other way so either Margie or Luke could have chosen the Welsh poem Roadblock.

An easy way to fix this dilemma is to turn that underwhelming Magic Roadblock into a Route Info task instead of a Roadblock. They have done this before, a RI task with each member have different things to do. With that, there are only 12 RBs in the Race, with only 10 RBs done going into the penultimate leg. A (smart) team like Margie & Luke should realize they should have their options open for tasks and situations like this. Or an even easier solution, decrease the limit from 6 to 5 RBs for the first 10 legs, since they only have 10 RBs, which is easily divided by 2.

This is like Adam & Bethany talking about being careful with their Roadblock count since Bethany only has one arm and that could pose a great difficulty for some tasks.

It's just one of the many major oversights the production had for this season. :res: My biggest question is why they just won't give the exact reason for this rule change, or fess up to their one giant oversight.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 03:02:49 AM by Karpov617 »
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1219 on: September 07, 2014, 12:01:40 PM »
Seasons 1-5: There was no stated rule for Roadblocks. However, it is assumed that each team member had to do at least One, since Kim, Christie and Nicole of S5 all did exactly one. It is assumed this is the same for Season 8.
Seasons 6-7: The basics. Only 12 Roadblocks on the race, and no person can do more than six.
Seasons 9-17: No person can do more than seven, even though some races like 12 and 13 only had 11 Roadblocks in total.
Seasons 18-23: No person can do more than six Roadblocks before entering the last leg of the race. The Roadblock or Roadblocks of the final leg have no restrictions, except that if there's two one must be performed by each.
Seasons 24-onward: No person can do more than six Roadblocks before entering the 11th leg of the race. Any Roadblocks on the 11th and 12th legs have no restrictions, except that if there's two on one leg, one must be performed by each.

Fairly simple stuff, though I don't know why they got rid of the whole "completely even thing". Roadblock rules can get even more confusing in foreign versions of the race. The Israeli version keeps a firm 6-Roadblock limit, even though Season three only had SEVEN Roadblocks throughout the entire race. On the flipside, the fifth Latin American race has SEVENTEEN Roadblocks, with a grand total of Five legs having two Roadblocks on them.

Usually it's pretty fairly enforced (even with Connor, despite what the masses seem to think). Definitely the worst case was in the third Vietnamese season. In there, each team member can only do five Roadblocks before the final leg (The last Roadblock has no restrictions). However, the producers forgot how to count and one team member accidentally hit six Roadblocks on the antepenultimate leg. They didn't give him a penalty because he already received a penalty during the Roadblock so they were like "is ok..." This penalty was a grand total of 30 minutes.

Speaking of Luke though, I think me might have done okay. I'm not sure what you're talking about Kharpov. As Phil has said in his tweets, the Roadblocks of leg 11 and 12 have no restrictions. The only thing would be that if Luke performed the magic trick, then Margie would have to Skydive. (Would have loved to see that)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1220 on: September 07, 2014, 12:30:49 PM »
I think K means Luke could not have done the Welsh poem task.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1221 on: September 07, 2014, 01:09:44 PM »
Yes, but at that point there would have been nothing forcing him to do it. The limit is abolished at the end of the 10th leg.

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1222 on: September 07, 2014, 03:11:58 PM »
Seasons 1-5: There was no stated rule for Roadblocks. However, it is assumed that each team member had to do at least One, since Kim, Christie and Nicole of S5 all did exactly one. It is assumed this is the same for Season 8.
Seasons 6-7: The basics. Only 12 Roadblocks on the race, and no person can do more than six.
Seasons 9-17: No person can do more than seven, even though some races like 12 and 13 only had 11 Roadblocks in total.
Seasons 18-23: No person can do more than six Roadblocks before entering the last leg of the race. The Roadblock or Roadblocks of the final leg have no restrictions, except that if there's two one must be performed by each.
Seasons 24-onward: No person can do more than six Roadblocks before entering the 11th leg of the race. Any Roadblocks on the 11th and 12th legs have no restrictions, except that if there's two on one leg, one must be performed by each.

Fairly simple stuff, though I don't know why they got rid of the whole "completely even thing". Roadblock rules can get even more confusing in foreign versions of the race. The Israeli version keeps a firm 6-Roadblock limit, even though Season three only had SEVEN Roadblocks throughout the entire race. On the flipside, the fifth Latin American race has SEVENTEEN Roadblocks, with a grand total of Five legs having two Roadblocks on them.

Usually it's pretty fairly enforced (even with Connor, despite what the masses seem to think). Definitely the worst case was in the third Vietnamese season. In there, each team member can only do five Roadblocks before the final leg (The last Roadblock has no restrictions). However, the producers forgot how to count and one team member accidentally hit six Roadblocks on the antepenultimate leg. They didn't give him a penalty because he already received a penalty during the Roadblock so they were like "is ok..." This penalty was a grand total of 30 minutes.

Speaking of Luke though, I think me might have done okay. I'm not sure what you're talking about Kharpov. As Phil has said in his tweets, the Roadblocks of leg 11 and 12 have no restrictions. The only thing would be that if Luke performed the magic trick, then Margie would have to Skydive. (Would have loved to see that)

Thank you so much for the list. That explain a lot. :conf:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 03:15:03 PM by 91zycn »
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1223 on: September 13, 2014, 01:54:24 AM »
Yes, but at that point there would have been nothing forcing him to do it. The limit is abolished at the end of the 10th leg.

Thanks GB :D That's what I was trying to say. The probable reason they changed the Roadblock rule is because if Luke was stuck with that  Welsh poem Roadblock since it was the last RB before the finale reset with the traditional RB rule, they would probably be forced to quit the task, which is just too unfair even for them. So they changed the rule so this wouldn't happen. My question to production is "is this your reason for the rule change?"
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1224 on: September 17, 2014, 12:08:03 AM »
Can a team facing the Speed Bump in one leg just give up the Speed Bump and take Fast Forward instead? If they can, is there any time penalty for them at the pitstop for not finishing the Speed Bump?
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。