Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1161396 times)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #1175 on: July 05, 2014, 06:09:24 AM »
1. Any racers who "Passed away?

Rogers family mother oops I don't remember her name :X
Margaretta
Nancy

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1176 on: July 05, 2014, 06:24:04 AM »
1. Any racers who "Passed away?

Rogers family mother oops I don't remember her name :X
Margaretta
Nancy
Renee
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1177 on: July 05, 2014, 11:45:55 AM »
2. Any racers who broke up? or hooked up?
There's way too many dating/engaged/married teams for me to handle, but in general with fusioned racers...
DATED AFTER THE RACE: Brennan and Emily (TAR1), Tara and Alex (TAR2), Flo and Drew (TAR3), Eric and Danielle (TAR9) with obvious proof :lol:, Azaria and Christina (TAR12) as mentioned on Unfinished Business, and Dallas and Starr (TAR13).
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1178 on: July 05, 2014, 01:56:37 PM »
Not only dated! Azaria and Christina are happily married and the parents of an adorable boy!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1179 on: July 05, 2014, 06:19:19 PM »
Would have been a good team to bring back. What if they were on TAR18? If Christina got to F7 with Ron, I think they might have won

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1180 on: July 06, 2014, 08:14:00 AM »
In international TAR versions, where the eliminated teams go? Sequesterville?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1181 on: July 06, 2014, 10:16:00 AM »
In international TAR versions, where the eliminated teams go? Sequesterville?
Yes.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1182 on: July 29, 2014, 08:55:43 PM »
How many teams have won four or more consecutive legs? (International versions included)
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1183 on: July 29, 2014, 09:46:07 PM »
How many teams have won four or more consecutive legs? (International versions included)
Nick & Starr, Meghan & Cheyne, Rachel & Dave, Natalie & Meaghan...
If there are any others, please add on to this list!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1184 on: August 02, 2014, 03:16:25 AM »
Is this true?

Tim & Marie were originally invited, while this season was still airing, for The Amazing Race: All-Stars; however they declined and they were replaced by Leo & Jamal.

Source: Wikipedia Season 23 page

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1185 on: August 02, 2014, 03:34:44 AM »
Is this true?

Tim & Marie were originally invited, while this season was still airing, for The Amazing Race: All-Stars; however they declined and they were replaced by Leo & Jamal.

Yes, it is. As far as I know, Tim said OK but Marie declined. There're 2 explanations: one says that it is enough to play once on TAR; the other is that Marie disliked how she was edited on the show.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1186 on: August 02, 2014, 08:55:53 AM »
Is this true?

Yes. They were asked, they (Marie) did decline, Tim would have loved to race again.

Whether we can say they were "replaced" by Leo and Jamal is more problematic. It is possible that Leo and Jamal would have been  asked anyway, how the final cast teams would have worked out in that case is not clear.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1187 on: August 02, 2014, 11:04:19 AM »
Is this true?

Yes. They were asked, they (Marie) did decline, Tim would have loved to race again.

Whether we can say they were "replaced" by Leo and Jamal is more problematic. It is possible that Leo and Jamal would have been  asked anyway, how the final cast teams would have worked out in that case is not clear.
I would think that JJ/ Margie & Luke replaced Tim & Marie. Alas, we'll never know for sure.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1188 on: August 03, 2014, 07:00:43 AM »
I once read that Gary & Mallory were replacements for Brook & Claire for TAR18. (also from Wikipedia)

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1189 on: August 03, 2014, 08:30:42 AM »
I once read that Gary & Mallory were replacements for Brook & Claire for TAR18. (also from Wikipedia)
Wikipedia SAYS that, but we'll never know. its possible, however.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1190 on: August 03, 2014, 08:58:27 AM »
I would think that JJ/ Margie & Luke replaced Tim & Marie. Alas, we'll never know for sure.

Margie and Luke were not replacements.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1191 on: August 03, 2014, 09:21:36 AM »
What other teams were invited for all of the "returning" seasons but declined, cut, alternate, etc? Survivor Wikia has a whole page on that, I am curious about TAR.
And they really should bring teams from old seasons or make a returning cast season after.. 10 seasons instead of 6

Offline TAR789

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1192 on: August 04, 2014, 04:03:04 AM »
Weren't Pam & Winnie and Andy & Tommy supposed to be on TAR24?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1193 on: August 04, 2014, 04:05:51 AM »
Hmmm...let's end this discussion. Who was asked or not remains private unless the teams involved have shared the info themselves.

Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1194 on: August 06, 2014, 05:25:25 PM »
This question has been circling my mind for a while now.

Does production require teams to color coordinate their race outfits or is it the teams' choice to do so? Since TAR20, I've noticed all teams have been dressing in the same t-shirts/activewear or the same hues during the race. It seems teams can't wear anything way mismatched like, for example, Ronald's personal "Who's Your Daddy?" clothes while Christina wears her handpicked outfits back in TAR12.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #1195 on: August 06, 2014, 09:48:01 PM »
After watching TAR Canada's recent episode, on the last task before the Pit Stop (canoe to the Pit Stop), can a team use their Express Pass on it? If yes, who should they handed it to?
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1196 on: August 06, 2014, 10:21:30 PM »
I think they can't use the express pass on those mandatory tasks. Like...you HAVE to canoe to the pit stop , there's no other way to go.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1197 on: August 07, 2014, 02:14:23 PM »
This question has been circling my mind for a while now.

Does production require teams to color coordinate their race outfits or is it the teams' choice to do so? Since TAR20, I've noticed all teams have been dressing in the same t-shirts/activewear or the same hues during the race. It seems teams can't wear anything way mismatched like, for example, Ronald's personal "Who's Your Daddy?" clothes while Christina wears her handpicked outfits back in TAR12.

They are encouraged to do so for the first two or three legs. After that, they can do whatever they want.

Except on TAR Vietnam, where they are colour-coded for the entire thing.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #1198 on: August 19, 2014, 04:24:05 PM »
Although this isn't specific to any particular Seasons, it is a question, and it's related to TAR, so I'll ask anyway.  :lol:

I'd like to say I'm a pretty big TAR fan, and have seen all the US, Canadian and Australian Seasons so far, but I want to start getting into other (International) seasons.  Has anyone any advise as too where to start, or which Seasons are really great that I'm missing out on?

Thanks in Advance Guys!  :kuss:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #1199 on: August 19, 2014, 04:28:32 PM »
If you want to see TARLA, I strongly suggest you to see the first season. It still remains as the best of the five aired.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez