Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1170518 times)

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #1575 on: November 04, 2015, 07:32:46 AM »
Imagine if the destination in Granada, Spain and a team instead bought tickets to Grenada in the Carribean.  :funny:

I believe in TAR4, Rusell and Cindy bought tickets to Gmund instead of Gmunden.

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1576 on: November 04, 2015, 08:23:24 PM »
On how many occasions do we have a detour/roadblock in the very first clue of the leg?

From what I can recall...

Detour: TAR 1 Leg 7
Roadblock: TAR27 Leg 6
Josh/Brent opened the roadblock in leg 6 TAR 21 as fifth clue (including speedbump) which featured before roadblock

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1577 on: November 04, 2015, 08:27:42 PM »
Any team from any season who had the biggest mistake of flying on an entirely different country than where they're supposed to go?

Trey & Lexi almost flew to Paris instead of Amsterdam?
Abbie & Ryan also almost made a similiar mistake, A question arose, in a leg if two or more teams travelled to an entirely different country than where they're supposed to go and then all of them travelled to original country but at that time all task were closed due to hours of operations, what would happen for them?

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1578 on: November 06, 2015, 06:12:33 PM »
Any team from any season who had the biggest mistake of flying on an entirely different country than where they're supposed to go?

Abbie & Ryan also almost made a similiar mistake, A question arose, in a leg if two or more teams travelled to an entirely different country than where they're supposed to go and then all of them travelled to original country but at that time all task were closed due to hours of operations, what would happen for them?
Season 16, Leg 1
Jordan (Big Brother team): "We need tickets to China." :funny:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1579 on: November 07, 2015, 12:44:51 AM »

It would be interesting for the viewers, but I guess the producers will have to intervene at some point because

1. I doubt they will cover the cost of going to the wrong place and back to the right place
2. it may screw up the entire production schedule.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1580 on: November 13, 2015, 01:46:03 PM »
Teams have gone to the wrong place, and production did not intervene. when teams have been kidnapped to the wrong city (Andre and Damon, TAR 3), production did intervene to get their release and return them to where they should have been.

In the former instance, it has led to teams being eliminated (David and Jeff, TAR 4) and and a second final three team in TAR 10, IIRC, went to the wrong airport in Paris and the flight they took have them several hours behind the other two teams.

Teams usually end up having to show ticket agents the route info, and that usually avoids going to the wrong country.

Only demonstrates why geography needs to be taught as part of a pre-college education. :)
-- theschnauzers

Offline Ticasmom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1581 on: November 13, 2015, 06:28:18 PM »
Denise was penalized when she called out to James Earl during the RB.  Remember during TAR All stars, during the letter search and the race was between Rob and Mirna, Charna called out to Mirna to look in a certain spot.  Was this not penalized or did this circumstance create a new rule regarding help to partners at a roadblock? 
"Be yourself, everybody else is already taken."  Oscar Wilde

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1582 on: November 14, 2015, 01:02:17 AM »
In which seasons did teams cross the International Date Line twice in a season? TAR Canada 2?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1583 on: November 14, 2015, 03:37:42 PM »
In which seasons did teams cross the International Date Line twice in a season? TAR Canada 2?

TAR Canada 3 And TAR China 1
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #1584 on: November 14, 2015, 04:43:32 PM »
Denise was penalized when she called out to James Earl during the RB.  Remember during TAR All stars, during the letter search and the race was between Rob and Mirna, Charna called out to Mirna to look in a certain spot.  Was this not penalized or did this circumstance create a new rule regarding help to partners at a roadblock?

IMO, Charla did a right thing to Mirna, she technically didn't help Mirna directly, but a advice and motivation, and the task was a luck based task and searching comparing to 27's Argentinian Meat RB, so it wasn't count as penalty....

While Dwlenise, for sure directly guided James step by step for finishing the RB
what might have been

Offline James_Earl

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1585 on: November 14, 2015, 05:08:33 PM »

IMO, Charla did a right thing to Mirna, she technically didn't help Mirna directly, but a advice and motivation, and the task was a luck based task and searching comparing to 27's Argentinian Meat RB, so it wasn't count as penalty....

While Dwlenise, for sure directly guided James step by step for finishing the RB

Saying one phrase is step-by-step guidance for finishing a roadblock?  :funny:

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #1586 on: November 14, 2015, 06:19:06 PM »

Saying one phrase is step-by-step guidance for finishing a roadblock?  :funny:

Lol I felt so pedantic:lol:

what might have been

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1587 on: November 15, 2015, 08:09:41 AM »
Teams who arrived last and were surprised, then eliminated:

I remember Emily & Jono from TAR Aus 3 and Team JJ from "that season." :res:

Is there anybody else? :)

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1588 on: November 15, 2015, 09:39:36 AM »
Teams who arrived last and were surprised, then eliminated:

I remember Emily & Jono from TAR Aus 3 and Team JJ from "that season." :res:

Is there anybody else? :)
Muslims from TAR 10

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1589 on: November 15, 2015, 10:46:08 AM »
Brian & Cynthia
Rex & Bob

They were both suprised to be eliminated

Offline VicTT

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #1590 on: November 15, 2015, 10:57:46 AM »
I have a bit of a theoretical question: Assume it's an elimination leg, and there are 2 teams left to reach the Pit Stop; the last team would get eliminated.
What happens if both teams step on the mat *at the same time*? They could, for instance, talk about it beforehand and hold hands while stepping on the mat all at the same time. Would they all get eliminated? Would neither get eliminated?

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1591 on: November 15, 2015, 11:40:13 AM »
I have a bit of a theoretical question: Assume it's an elimination leg, and there are 2 teams left to reach the Pit Stop; the last team would get eliminated.
What happens if both teams step on the mat *at the same time*? They could, for instance, talk about it beforehand and hold hands while stepping on the mat all at the same time. Would they all get eliminated? Would neither get eliminated?

First of all, :hello2: and :bigwelcome to RFF, VicTT!

To try answering your question, if given that scenario, I think Phil would ask them off-camera who wants to check-in ahead of the other team without announcing the leg being an elimination leg?

I read at Wikipedia once that the team who checked in earlier at the previous pit stop would be able to check in ahead of the team they're up against if it's a tie. This is Wikipedia though, which means the source is unreliable, :funny: but I do think that this scenario can be possible too. ???

Another way I can think of is a coin toss.

Since we've never encountered this scenario, we can also assume and speculate. :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1592 on: November 15, 2015, 12:35:04 PM »
Regardless if there is handholding, it will be clear to the cameras who steoped first. The cameras tell the story.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1593 on: November 15, 2015, 03:34:32 PM »
I read at Wikipedia once that the team who checked in earlier at the previous pit stop would be able to check in ahead of the team they're up against if it's a tie. This is Wikipedia though, which means the source is unreliable, :funny: but I do think that this scenario can be possible too. ???

That's not just Wikipedia, that was confirmed in a post-race interview by one of the TAR21 teams. I believe it was Abbie & Ryan. Whichever team placed higher on the previous leg is safe.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1594 on: November 15, 2015, 08:41:49 PM »

That's not just Wikipedia, that was confirmed in a post-race interview by one of the TAR21 teams. I believe it was Abbie & Ryan. Whichever team placed higher on the previous leg is safe.

Ooh interesting! :colors

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1595 on: November 15, 2015, 10:26:33 PM »
-
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 07:08:31 AM by Genius »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1596 on: November 16, 2015, 07:49:31 AM »

Confirmed. The team eliminated would be the team who placed lower in the previously leg.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1597 on: November 16, 2015, 12:11:55 PM »

Confirmed. The team eliminated would be the team who placed lower in the previously leg.

Wikipedia wasn't lying! :o
Thanks for the confirmation! :hearts:

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1598 on: November 16, 2015, 07:53:39 PM »
In light of the recent reveal of TAR28 cast, just want to know if it's normal that the cast for the next season is revealed during the airing of the current season? Thanks
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1599 on: November 16, 2015, 08:17:36 PM »
Only for open starts....
RFF's Golden Rule: