Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1171726 times)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #1475 on: July 12, 2015, 12:33:59 PM »
Why in Tar Israel 2 & 3 did they return to Israel before shooting the final legs in Singapore & Taiwan?

I believe that were waiting for some edit things...
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1476 on: July 12, 2015, 03:05:42 PM »
Why in Tar Israel 2 & 3 did they return to Israel before shooting the final legs in Singapore & Taiwan?

This happened in Season 1 as well. They returned halfway through the final leg in NZ and then returned. It's for, I dunno, 'dramatic purposes'? I guess? I personally think it's a really silly idea.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1477 on: July 14, 2015, 06:02:36 PM »
Regarding the longest leg.....In actually, although it was a double length leg, I think the leg in TAR 9 from Sao Paulo to Moscow to Frankfurt is just about the longest leg ever in distance and probably duration as well.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1478 on: July 14, 2015, 07:52:29 PM »
Here's a question: why has leg 2 never been a NEL?
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1479 on: July 14, 2015, 08:45:12 PM »
Here's a question: why has leg 2 never been a NEL?

I am wishing for Leg 2 or Top 10 NEL too. :gaah: But here's my guess: TAR doesn't want to leave the 1st eliminated alone for too long in sequesterville.

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1480 on: July 14, 2015, 10:51:04 PM »
Regarding the longest leg.....In actually, although it was a double length leg, I think the leg in TAR 9 from Sao Paulo to Moscow to Frankfurt is just about the longest leg ever in distance and probably duration as well.

Didn't CaroJen said in TAR22 that Bora Bora -  New Zealand - Bali is the longest leg ever or something? Not really sure though. Or I'm misunderstand? ??? (It's been a while since I watch that season, maybe I misheard)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1481 on: July 15, 2015, 01:27:28 AM »

Didn't CaroJen said in TAR22 that Bora Bora -  New Zealand - Bali is the longest leg ever or something? Not really sure though. Or I'm misunderstand? ??? (It's been a while since I watch that season, maybe I misheard)

That was probably because they flew from Bora Bora to NZ, then they slept overnight in NZ while the leg was going on. After the NZ leg, they flew to Indonesia, which I think the flying took a day after the NZ leg?

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1482 on: July 15, 2015, 04:01:42 PM »
That is indeed the longest leg in the history of TAR.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1483 on: July 15, 2015, 09:48:18 PM »
More like the longest part of the race without a pit stop break, since those were 2 separate legs. :lol:

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1484 on: July 16, 2015, 01:22:54 AM »
Is there any episode whose title was spoken by more than one person?
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1485 on: July 16, 2015, 02:43:00 AM »

TAR26 Episode 2 is one I remember in particular.

Others are probably in clues and tasks.

Online cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1486 on: July 16, 2015, 03:45:13 AM »
tar 23 episode 6 by the afghanimals

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #1487 on: July 16, 2015, 10:56:18 AM »
Thought of this while watching TAR Can 3 Leg 2.  What would happen if a team that wins both Express Passes (on the course, and not at the Pitstop), use their Pass on the same Leg, but get eliminated the following Leg, while still in possession of the EP they're meant to hand over?

Will it just be burned? Or will they be forced to decide who to give it too during their Elimination?  ???
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #1488 on: July 16, 2015, 11:04:26 AM »

15.05 “Do It for the Hood! Do It for the Suburbs!” by Flight Time & Sam is another one. I’ve been rewatching TAR15  :D
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1489 on: July 16, 2015, 11:41:38 AM »
Thought of this while watching TAR Can 3 Leg 2.  What would happen if a team that wins both Express Passes (on the course, and not at the Pitstop), use their Pass on the same Leg, but get eliminated the following Leg, while still in possession of the EP they're meant to hand over?

Will it just be burned? Or will they be forced to decide who to give it too during their Elimination?  ???

My guess is that it would be burned. 100% unsure though. ???

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1490 on: July 16, 2015, 02:55:01 PM »
I disagree. My guess would be that they would be forced to tell the host who they wanted to donate it to upon their elimination. (Similar to how John & Murry on TARAu3 were forced to tell Grant who they wanted to donate it to when their "decision limit" expired)
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1491 on: July 16, 2015, 05:04:52 PM »
I disagree. My guess would be that they would be forced to tell the host who they wanted to donate it to upon their elimination. (Similar to how John & Murry on TARAu3 were forced to tell Grant who they wanted to donate it to when their "decision limit" expired)

Yep. I agree with that.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1492 on: July 17, 2015, 02:17:49 AM »

Yep. I agree with that.

I haven't watched TAR Aus 3. :ascared Maybe if I watched it, I would say the same as y'all's. ???

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1493 on: July 17, 2015, 01:39:16 PM »
I just realized that we never see any of the racers smoke. Does anybody now the story behind that? Does the race only cast non-smokers? Or is it simply impractical to keep up while racing?

I would guess that a dedicated smoker could stuff the backpack with cigarettes and the light up as son as the partner does a road-block.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1494 on: July 17, 2015, 01:42:18 PM »
IIRC, the US version has had a rule from the beginning against smoking whenever they may be filmed. And given they have to be able to carry everything in their backpacks, it's probably impractical to have much room for cigarettes anyhow.
-- theschnauzers

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1495 on: July 17, 2015, 02:25:50 PM »
Within the first five minutes of TAR1, you see Drew chewing on gum because he can't smoke. Ian's behaviour in TAR3 was also blamed on nicotine withdrawal. Yup, it's a rule that spans the entire show.

Offline Norwegian Boy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1496 on: July 20, 2015, 08:59:50 AM »
I don't know whether or not it was a case of bad editing or if the rules are differrent in the Norwegian Edition  ???, but you can clearly see Omar & Bilal having cigarettes in the race. I don't remember which legs however...

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1497 on: July 20, 2015, 06:24:31 PM »
I don't know whether or not it was a case of bad editing or if the rules are differrent in the Norwegian Edition  ???, but you can clearly see Omar & Bilal having cigarettes in the race. I don't remember which legs however...

Haha, well that would of course be from the one single season I haven't seen yet XD

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1498 on: July 22, 2015, 07:34:57 AM »
Are trip prizes free or paid?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1499 on: July 22, 2015, 11:29:27 PM »
Are trip prizes free or paid?
For the Travelocity trips, I believe when Phil says, e.g.: "You have won a trip for two to Costa Rica! You can/will visit [listing beautiful experiences]", only plane tickets are free. Any additional packages like lodging and spas mentioned by Phil can also be complements.

Stuff like souvenirs, food, and other travel fares (taxi, rental car, bus) are costs on the travelers' behalf.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)