Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 1 "Head Down and Hold On" (Australia)  (Read 100545 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: TAR 18 Ep 1 "Head Down and Hold On" (Australia)
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2011, 09:48:16 PM »
I heard something like that too... and then you have all those shocked faces by the racers (Mallory, Vyxsin) as Phil was announcing it.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2011, 09:50:34 PM »
The last team to complete a challenge will receive a penalty. Before that Phil was saying something about "second flight".. that's all i caught after repeating many times.

And i heard something about an "automatic U-TURN"?? Then they zoomed out to Vyxsin's shocked look! I *think* the penalty is U-TURN??

Did somebody else hear about the U-TURN in the video too?

I heard, "The last team to complete this challenge will receive a penalty that could have a devastating effect on (their standing?) in the race. (The penalty for this?) challenge will receive an automatic U-Turn." (but that last sentence isn't gramatically correct, so the parenthesis are probably not entirely accurate.)

An automatic U-Turn doesn't make sense unless the sailing "active route marker" is in fact a Detour. We have pretty clear indication from the promos that the oceanworld task is a Roadblock.

Are there any other tasks that would be possible as a Detour option?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2011, 09:52:39 PM »
The last team to complete a challenge will receive a penalty. Before that Phil was saying something about "second flight".. that's all i caught after repeating many times.

And i heard something about an "automatic U-TURN"?? Then they zoomed out to Vyxsin's shocked look! I *think* the penalty is U-TURN??

I heard, "The last team to complete this challenge will receive a penalty that could have a devastating effect on (their standing?) in the race. (The penalty for this?) challenge will receive an automatic U-Turn." (but that last sentence isn't gramatically correct, so the parenthesis are probably not entirely accurate.)

An automatic U-Turn doesn't make sense unless the sailing "active route marker" is in fact a Detour. We have pretty clear indication from the promos that the oceanworld task is a Roadblock.

Coutzy, Phil didn't say this leg.. at least what we heard he didn't say anything like that. Maybe it could be an "automatic U-TURN" on any leg that a U-TURN will appear?

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2011, 10:04:19 PM »
I heard something like that too... and then you have all those shocked faces by the racers (Mallory, Vyxsin) as Phil was announcing it.

Yeah, it's plus Luke's fb statue pics.. He must surprise and shocked too..

I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2011, 10:15:02 PM »
That's the link we are already discussing loverocked...but does your copy have closed captioning that includes what Phil is saying? aIf so, can you share it please?

I am hearing

"THE OTHER TEAMS WILL BE ON THE SECOND FLIGHT"
(shocked looks) and then:

I'll see if I can separate that out...anyone know how to separate audio tracks?? ??? :lol:
But there is something else...the LAST team to complete this challenge was receive a penalty that could have a devastating effect on the rest of the race. That team will receive a somethingsomething U-TURN.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2011, 10:16:13 PM »
Every one, please reread the racer rules about FB. We do not share racer's FB info without permission. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2011, 10:19:19 PM »
That's the link we are already discussing loverocked...but does your copy have closed captioning that includes what Phil is saying? aIf so, can you share it please?

I am hearing

I am sorry.. Actually, I am deaf.. I don't understand what Phil saying.. 

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2011, 10:24:59 PM »

Coutzy, Phil didn't say this leg.. at least what we heard he didn't say anything like that. Maybe it could be an "automatic U-TURN" on any leg that a U-TURN will appear?

Giving the last team an automatic U-Turn on a future leg makes even less sense. You are basically banking on the team that finished the plane task last to come back and make it through the first leg. Granted that its easily possible for a team to be last to the airport to not come last for the leg, but still, it seems odd that they would give a penalty from the first task to appear on a different leg.

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2011, 10:44:30 PM »
Is it possible there's a U-Turn in Broken Hill?  :duno:
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2011, 10:46:05 PM »
Here is the shortened clip...

I know loverocked :kuss:...I was asking if you have captioning? But maybe not on a video.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2011, 10:47:20 PM »
Is it possible there's a U-Turn in Broken Hill?  :duno:

Its the only answer I can think of. Unless the last place team loses their ability to use the U-Turn maybe?  :duno:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2011, 10:48:55 PM »
Here is the shortened clip...

I know loverocked :kuss:...I was asking if you have captioning? But maybe not on a video.

Ohh, Thank you so much..  :kuss: Yes, I have captioning on youtube.. :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2011, 10:49:57 PM »
It says receives a something UIurn.

Yay loverocked!! Does it transcribe what Phil is saying in the background?? :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2011, 11:01:02 PM »

Yay loverocked!! Does it transcribe what Phil is saying in the background?? :jumpy:

If the U-TURN appears on the second episode, but it's actually still the first leg because of the TBC.. then it would made much more sense?

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2011, 11:05:45 PM »

Yup, I hear background It's like sound strong saying "U-turn and something penalty,  two other flight".. that's it.  I don't know   :duno: :duno:

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2011, 11:19:06 PM »
I am certain about the last three words by lip-reading: Automatic U-Turn.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2011, 11:24:25 PM »
Some CAPS:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2011, 11:32:14 PM »
Is there anybody around that knows sign language so we might get a hint by what Margie is relaying to Luke?

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2011, 11:38:13 PM »
Is there anybody around that knows sign language so we might get a hint by what Margie is relaying to Luke?

I know signs language and I'm deaf..
It's like sign "P", or "30"? or I think "30 penalty" ? It's hard see it. I hope so.. If suppose I am right or wrong.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 03:15:20 AM by loverocked »

Offline The Queen V

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Here comes the queen!
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2011, 06:36:40 AM »
i may be far, but i recall something in china spoiler about having a 30 minute penalty and a u turn as well, could that be in any relation?

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2011, 07:35:12 AM »
An automatic U-Turn? So they had to do both detour (kangaroo and sailing task -- am I right?--) on Australia leg? :duno:
Prama's Member Game Profile
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2011, 07:36:18 AM »
An automatic U-Turn? So they had to do both detour (kangaroo and sailing task -- am I right?--) on Australia leg? :duno:

The sailing task was in Sydney, the Kangaroos were in Broken Hill.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2011, 08:45:15 AM »
If the penalty is enforced before they leave America then it may not matter because of the situation with the delayed flight in Hawaii.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2011, 09:06:39 AM »
If the penalty is enforced before they leave America then it may not matter because of the situation with the delayed flight in Hawaii.

A penalty enforced before they leave America wouldn't matter anyway because there are only 2 flights teams were on and the last team would be sharing a flight with at least 2 other teams anyway.