Author Topic: TAR18: Zev Glassenberg & Justin Kanew (friends)  (Read 112170 times)

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR18: Zev Glassenberg & Justin Kanew (friends)
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2011, 05:49:31 PM »
Scott Von Doviak listed this as one of his "Stray observations" in the Onion A.V. Club recap:
Did I hear Zev make a disparaging reference to the size of Japanese, er, manhood? And he seemed like such a well-mannered young man.

I'm not saying that those of us who took Zev's comment to be that way are absolutely right. 

Even though it is speculation because TPTB censored Zev's comment, the fact that it was censored at all leads me to believe that it was probably pretty bad.

Offline Lion

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2011, 11:53:05 AM »
Scott Von Doviak listed this as one of his "Stray observations" in the Onion A.V. Club recap:
Did I hear Zev make a disparaging reference to the size of Japanese, er, manhood? And he seemed like such a well-mannered young man.

I'm not saying that those of us who took Zev's comment to be that way are absolutely right. 

Even though it is speculation because TPTB censored Zev's comment, the fact that it was censored at all leads me to believe that it was probably pretty bad.
Are

Even though it is speculation because TPTB censored Zev's comment, the fact that it was censored at all leas me to believe that it was probably pretty bad.

Oh give me a break! The truth is you do not know what he said but want to tarnish the success they have had. You try and run around 24/7 with no sleep and little food and be politically correct at every turn...which equals boring! I am sure Zev will be real disappointed that he is not living up to your expectations of how to run the Race.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2011, 12:16:14 PM »
 :welcome: to RFF, Lion!
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Peace, Love, TAR! :D

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2011, 02:27:32 PM »
:bigwelcome to RFF Lion! We're glad you joined!
"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Offline Lion

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2011, 07:15:57 PM »
:bigwelcome to RFF Lion! We're glad you joined!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Offline StephenWasHere

• RFF Full Member
  • *gasp* You are SUCH a liar, Tom!
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2011, 02:48:58 PM »
Hoping they'll make it far! So glad that they're still in it! Even though I know how tomorrow will go XD. Zev & Justin FTW!
TAR25- Shelley/Nici, Amy/Maya, Kym/Alli, Keith/Whitney
Survivor SJDS: Natalie, Jeremy, Baylor

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2011, 02:19:57 PM »
I think they have a good chance at winning still. We've seen they are a strong team, and every team is bound to have a bad leg or two. I think that as long as they can figure out a way to help Zev feel more at ease during the roadblocks they can avoid this situation from happening again.

Offline Lion

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2011, 01:43:09 PM »
Zev and Justin are walking for Autism on April 23rd... donations would be much appreciated

This is a great cause! These guys really are not some made up story for reality TV..they stand by the cause.

So if your a fan of these guys and want to help anything is great $1.00, $5.00 etc....regardless any amount cannot equal  the amount of entertainment they have provided each and every Sunday this season.

https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorreg/donorpledge.asp?ievent=442586&supID=324649762
2011 Walk Now for Autism Speaks: Los Angeles - General Donation
www.kintera.org

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2011, 08:07:35 PM »
UPCOMING GUESTS ON "THE TALK" ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

Friday (2:00-3:00 PM, ET; 1:00-2:00 PM, PT)

Friday, April 22                    

Guest host Michelle Stafford ("The Young and the Restless"); actor Tyler Perry; "The Talk's" recognition of Autism Awareness Month continues, sharing inspirational stories and exploring the challenging transition for adolescents with autism into adulthood; Justin Kanew and Zev Glassenberg of "The Amazing Race" will appear

THE TALK, CBS's new daily daytime talk show that examines topical events and contemporary issues through the eyes of five female hosts who are all mothers, airs weekdays (2:00-3:00 PM, ET; 1:00-2:00 PM, PT).  THE TALK is hosted by Julie Chen, Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne, Holly Robinson Peete and Leah Remini.  Brad Bessey, Gilbert, who developed the show, and John Redmann are executive producers.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2011, 12:33:55 PM »
I just want to congratulate these guys on their victory in the Austrian leg.  We don't get to see many Amazing Race legs any more where driving and self navigation skills come into play.  From them to go from 5th to 2nd from Vienna to Salszburg and then from 2nd to 1st solely based on their driving skills was very commendable.  And then for them to win automobiles was most apropos.   :tup:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2011, 07:45:48 PM »
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2011, 05:40:03 PM »
http://www.cbs.com/daytime/the_talk/video/?pid=Vb684kwRQnVm20Ek9QGfqEUfKJx7ynv9&vs=Clips&play=true

Amazing Race' teammates Zev Glassberg and Justin Kanew chat about doing another season and the triumphs and challenges they faced with Zev having Asperger's Syndrome.

I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2011, 05:41:28 PM »

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2011, 08:22:36 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MprVG2BY8s

Youtube is here!

can somebody download the video and upload it up. I want to see it...

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2011, 08:25:03 PM »

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2011, 08:35:57 PM »

Here we go!!

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2011, 09:53:34 PM »
Thanks loverocked!  :hearts:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2011, 08:25:27 PM »
They are growing on me. Justin is the only one who completed the RB on his own.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2011, 08:30:07 PM »
They are growing on me. Justin is the only one who completed the RB on his own.
and Vyxsin

Back on-topic. Noticing their current winning thread I can't help but wonder how different could TAR15 have been had they not lost their passports.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2011, 08:35:17 PM »
I guess that's why they had Unfinished Business! :lol:

Offline phant0m

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I hate you all.
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2011, 08:50:38 AM »
Zach anf Flo 2.0?

The parallels are scary! Justin is a racing GOD, proably top 5 AR competitors of all time. Zev is his trusty sidekick, annoying, yet strangely hilarious and bad at doing tasks.

Offline Peace, Love, TAR! :D

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2011, 04:29:19 PM »
Zach anf Flo 2.0?

The parallels are scary! Justin is a racing GOD, proably top 5 AR competitors of all time. Zev is his trusty sidekick, annoying, yet strangely hilarious and bad at doing tasks.

:lol: That's true, but Zev was pretty good at the fondue detour.
"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2011, 05:01:26 PM »
Zev seems to be stepping up a bit. If he keeps it up, then they really are a strong team.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2011, 05:24:38 PM »
Also, to be fair: two of Zev's three Roadblocks have been needle-in-a-haystack type tasks
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline jepp

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2011, 01:50:06 PM »
I just want to congratulate these guys on their victory in the Austrian leg.  We don't get to see many Amazing Race legs any more where driving and self navigation skills come into play.  From them to go from 5th to 2nd from Vienna to Salszburg and then from 2nd to 1st solely based on their driving skills was very commendable.  And then for them to win automobiles was most apropos.   :tup:

They are without a doubt one of the team with the best navigational skill...

They came first in both legs that involves self drive (Japan and Austria).. And in Japan, they caught up with the first flight even after arriving 1 hour late..