The Amazing Race > The Racers

TAR18: Herb Lang & Nate Lofton (Big Easy & Flight Time of Harlem Globetrotters)

<< < (9/12) > >>

Jobby:

--- Quote from: DrRox on February 19, 2011, 07:49:09 PM ---
--- Quote from: Joab on February 19, 2011, 07:39:26 PM ---
I know where you're getting at. :lol:

--- End quote ---

I really dont think you have any idea what I am getting at. Your ablility to sweep Ron's behavior under rug because of some kind of redemption arc amazes me. Maybe his so called redemption was just from race starvation? You dont really know, nor do you really know what FT/BE were doing. You just saw what editors wanted you to see and have an intense hate for people you really dont know very much about.

Have you ever been to a Harlem Globetrotters show/perfromance? I doubt you ever have. If you had, you would know that your analysis is way off base.

--- End quote ---

Actually it's just very simple.. we're just fans of different teams. :lol:

I know what FT/BE are doing. To sum it up, they're just trying to get ahead and not be eliminated. Maybe i was just driven by the producers to hate them or what. I'm still not a fan, but to each his own. I'll leave the discussion here. :tup:

Prophet:
True, we all like different teams and have different POV's. I'll agree to disagree about this instance and go on from there.

DrRox:

--- Quote from: Joab on February 19, 2011, 07:54:36 PM ---
Actually it's just very simple.. we're just fans of different teams. :lol:

I know what FT/BE are doing. To sum it up, they're just trying to get ahead and not be eliminated. Maybe i was just driven by the producers to hate them or what. I'm still not a fan, but to each his own. I'll leave the discussion here. :tup:

--- End quote ---

Again you make assumptions not based in fact. I am not a fan of ANY team. I am a Darwinist. The best team always wins, no matter which team it is.

You say you know what FT/BE were doing. Let's say that Mika did in fact go down that slide at FT/BE "trash talking". What would have happened then" Would she/could she have out ran them down that beach to the finish mat. I really doubt it. If as you say, they should have stayed out of Mika/Caanan's biz.....they would have just followed them down the slide and out ran them to the mat. You should not equate FT/BE with any of the professional players in the NBA.......they are totally not the same thing. Go see their show when it comes to Singapore.....you will see and understand.

But I will propose this. The Harlem Globetrotters are about motivating people to do things they dont think they can. Maybe, just maybe FT/BE were using "reverse psychology" to get Mika to do something she didn't think she could do. It obviously failed. But sterotyping Ft/BE is far worse.

All these teams are "edited" to appear the way the producers want you to see them. As such, Ron is no different than Jonathan Baker TAR6. He too had a redemption before he was eliminated if you remember.

Love any team you want and hate any team you want.......it is just a TV show.......but do it in some sense of reality and not fantasy.

Prophet:
Jonathan Baker is an great example of a editor created redemption for the story's sake. The rest of his life after the Race indicates no such change. I seriously doubt that other "redeemed" characters such as Nick DeCarlo, etc. really changed that much in their real lives. The producers merely try to create this idea for the sake of the viewers. Not to insult any team members, just my opinion of what really goes on.

georgiapeach:
Discussion of other teams and seasons can go into those threads please. This is Herb and Nate's TAR 18 thread...discussion of their previous season as an example of strategy is more than fair, but lets get sorta back on target please?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version