The Amazing Race > The Racers

TAR18: Gary Ervin & Mallory Ervin (father/daughter)

(1/12) > >>

RealityFreakWill:

Gary and Mallory

Name (Age): Gary Ervin (53)
Hometown: Morganfield, Ky.
Connection to your Teammate: Father
Current Occupation: Owner of Ervin Cable Construction
Previous Season/Result: Season 17/6th Place

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: Getting lost in Oman.

Most memorable moment from your first Race: It was very memorable getting second three legs in a row. It was nice in Norway and Sweden because we had a comfortable lead and could relax a little and look around.

Favorite place you visited on your first season: St. Petersburg, Russia. It was a beautiful city with great people. Plus, it wasn't 100 degrees outside.

Why do you want to run the Race again? All of the same reasons as before except we want to win this time.

How have you changed since the last time you competed? I'm better prepared physically and mentally.

What are you passionate about? My family, my work, my faith, fitness and now, The Amazing Race!

People would be surprised to learn: I ran 13 marathons and a half Ironman triathlon after I turned 45.

One location that you hope to go on this adventure: Australia – I've never been and I like the spirit of the people that I have met from there.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: To relax and enjoy the moment and not miss the beauty of what we are running through.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race again (other than winning one million dollars): Meet new people, see new places and be the last team standing.

Pet peeve about your teammate: She talks too much.

What would you do if you won the million dollars? Give it away.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: Let Mallory drive more. She is a more aggressive driver and I am a better navigator. We are also only going to bring one backpack with less than twenty pounds for both of us.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name (Age): Mallory Ervin (25)
Hometown: Morganfield, Ky.
Connection to your Teammate: Daughter
Current Occupation: Entertainer
Previous Season/Result: Season 17/6th place

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: Not turning around earlier in Oman.

Most memorable moment from your first Race: Finishing the bicycle rim challenge in Ghana and moving from last place to second place.

Favorite place you visited on your first season: I loved the Arctic Circle, especially the first half in Sweden. We were so hot and tired after racing two legs in Ghana, so the weather was perfect. I loved the snow.

Why do you want to run the Race again? I want to continue what we started last season and make it to the end. I also want to be the first parent-child team to win.

How have you changed since the last time you competed? It hasn't been that long, but my occupation has changed. I was the reigning Miss Kentucky during the last race, but my year of service has ended so things aren't as crazy and hectic this time. I am able to focus more on the Race and I've grown even more excited about it this time.

What are you passionate about? Performing, my family, my faith and striving to be a positive role model.

One location that you hope to go on this adventure: Australia! I've never been, but I know I would love it there. I think my dad and I would fit right in with the people there.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: To enjoy it more than we did last time. That will be a challenge because we loved it so much. We also need to work on our patience with each other.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race again (other than winning one million dollars): I hope to see my dad standing proud and fulfilled at the finish line.

Pet peeve about your teammate: My dad is laid back and moves a little slower than me. My pet peeve is when he takes a long time to get his thoughts out and I'm already onto the next thing.

What would you do if you won the million dollars? I would give some of it to the Catholic school that I attended growing up. I would use the rest of the money to begin my life and career.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: I need to let my dad navigate more. He's definitely better at that. We also need to remember how strong we are.

Reilly Queens:
I love them  :hearts: :<3

Gallory <333

Prophet:

--- Quote from: Kandace_KML on January 19, 2011, 03:15:40 PM ---I love them  :hearts: :<3

Gallory <333

--- End quote ---

Me too! :hearts:
They deserve to win this time!

Peace, Love, TAR! :D:
Can't wait to see them again. I love how cheerful Mallory is. For example, when she was opening the clue in Ghana instructing them to fly to the Artic Circle, she was screaming with delight-because she got to open the clue  }^{
LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Reilly Queens:
A huge LOL at CBS for having the same Gallory Picture except Mallory has a pink shirt..  :lol3:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version