Author Topic: Finale Discussion  (Read 15903 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: Finale Discussion
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2011, 11:26:08 AM »
I know this is late but I thought it was interesting.

Idol' Finalists Tour Contract -- $1,000 per Show

5/21/2011 12:55 AM PDT by TMZ Staff 

"American Idol's" top 11 finalists are set to make bank over the summer -- because TMZ has learned they'll each get paid $1,000 for EVERY show they perform during the American Idol Live Tour.

TMZ obtained a copy of the contract all Idol finalists had to sign before the show -- which spells out exactly how much dough they'll pull in if they're invited to participate on the international tour.

In addition to the $1,000-per-concert -- the documents show each finalist will share in merchandise profits from the tour ... and will also receive $50 in spending cash for non-concert days.

Finalists are also guaranteed to stay in "Marriott/Hyatt style" hotel accommodations while on the road -- and will fly coach between tour stops.

According to the contract, the tour will kick off immediately after the Season 10 winner is announced on May 25 -- and will go until the end of September.

Not bad for a summer job.

Source: http://www.tmz.com/2011/05/21/idol-finalists-tour-contract-1-000-per-show-american-idol-live-tour-fox-concert/
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline JamesKillough

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2011, 08:32:09 PM »
Our style contributor James Tuttle on the PFC blog wrote a fabulous article about what it was like to attend the live performance of the AI finale.  read it here:  http://jameskillough.wordpress.com/2011/06/01/idolatry/.

Enjoy!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2011, 01:52:30 PM »
Interesting article. Welcome to RFF James!

:welcome2:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2011, 02:01:51 PM »
Moving right along with their careers!

New duo on the country scene
Philippine Daily Inquirer
8:51 pm | 8:51 pm

NEW YORK – In their own style, Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina are the newest duo on the country scene.

Just a week following the season finale of “American Idol,” the teenagers are together doing press like a team – and this team doesn’t roll alone: They’re equipped with publicists, security guards, managers, record label extras and their real bosses – their mothers.

Same career track

McCreery beat Alaina to become the season 10 champ, but the fact that they are both young country singers with similar goals puts them on the same career track.

Ahead of their “Idol” Top 11 tour – which starts next month – they will visit Nashville to begin prep on their debut albums. “We’re going to work with the record people down there and get some songs straightened out and hopefully I’ll get to listen to them, get to learn them,” McCreery said.

“American Idol” – the No. 1-rated show on TV – can make you a star, but not all of the show’s winners actually come out on top. Remember Taylor Hicks? What about Ruben Studdard?

Alaina, 16, thinks country music fans are what kept her and McCreery in the running. “Well, country fans are really loyal, so I think that’s why Scotty and I did so good,” she said. “We’re young and so we appeal to a younger crowd, and I think that the combination of those two things really helped us out.”

McCreery, a 17-year-old from Garner, North Carolina, said growing up, his friends listened to Backstreet Boys and ’N Sync, while he jammed to Elvis and Johnny Cash. “I guess you could say I was the weird one. But, no, I was the one who listened to good music,” he said. McCreery says that uniqueness – along with his baritone-styled voice – is what led to his victory.

Same page, too

McCreery and Alaina are also on the same page about recording pop music: While there’s interest, staying true to their country roots is their top priority.

Alaina wants to follow in Carrie Underwood’s footsteps, while McCreery is hoping to maintain a classic country sound with a “contemporary twist to keep it up-to-date.”  With the album I just want to establish myself as an artist and put my stamp on that album,” he said. “My main focus is going to be country music. That’s what I grew up with and what I love.”

So far, the country world has been accepting: McCreery and Alaina’s first singles have hit the Top 40 on the country charts and the Top 20 on the pop charts. Their label, Mercury Nashville, ran an ad in the Billboard Country Update, a web newsletter, welcoming the singers and thanking “Country Radio for a great start.”

Read the rest here: http://entertainment.inquirer.net/2752/new-duo-on-the-country-scene

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2011, 02:03:40 PM »
Glad to see Scotty and Lauren working together. :tup:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2011, 10:22:20 AM »
So I've only just watched the finale 'cos I've been overseas (but I heard of the results). Well, it was no surprise that Scotty won. I thought that Lauren performed slightly better during the finale, but Scotty's fans are just unbeatable. He really led the pack since the very beginning, kudos to him.

As much as I'd have preferred a Lauren win, I'd say that Scotty does deserve it. He's truly grown as a singer and performer over the season, and I think he's a really really nice guy. He's stayed humble all this while, which is pretty endearing. I don't know how well he'll do as a recording artiste, but I can't wait to find out.

It's a slight bummer that 4 guys have won consecutively, I don't know if a girl will ever win again, but we'll see. Overall, it's been a great season. Congrats to Scotty and Lauren!
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`