Author Topic: Survivor 22: "Redemption Island" Discuss it here! *contains spoilers*  (Read 10175 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

Filmed summer of 2010.... premieres  FEB 16, 2011!!

Preview courtesy of survivorphoenix:

« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 01:27:59 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Re: Survivor 22: "Redemption Island" Discuss it here! *contains spoilers*
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 10:00:58 AM »
Another logo if needed for the new threads...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 02:33:06 AM »
Andy Dehnart has reported that the other contestants will be watching the eliminated players' duels and rooting for someone.

You can read the whole article HERE:

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_redemption_island/2011_Jan_07_burnett_interview

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline phant0m

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I hate you all.
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 07:56:49 AM »
nu! bad idea. screws up the whole element of surprise. it would be better if they didnt know who was coming back

and holy s**T burnett was really a douchebag or just high :/
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 08:40:54 AM by phant0m »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 08:33:10 AM »
What a brutal interview! I've always had a good opinion of Burnett, now... not so much.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 11:06:58 AM »
Andy Derhart, I hate him sometimes. (:;) Mark Burnett too. (:;)
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 10:55:35 PM »
What a brutal interview! I've always had a good opinion of Burnett, now... not so much.

He's @nal.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 01:20:27 AM »
'Survivor': Jeff Probst explains the game-changing 'Redemption Island' twist
by Dalton Ross
Out with the old, in with the new! At the conclusion of the Survivor: Nicaragua live reunion show, the first promo was revealed for season 22 of the reality franchise: Survivor: Redemption Island, which will premiere on Wednesday, February 16, 2011. EW.com was on location back in August for filming in Nicaragua and spoke to Jeff Probst about the new twist.

“How it works is very simple,” explained Probst. “When you’re voted out at Tribal Council, you don’t go home. You’re not out of the game. You go to Redemption Island and you live alone. And at a certain point in the game another person will join you. You will compete in a duel. The winner stays. The loser goes home. So you’re continuing to live out there on your own with very basic supplies. But you’re still in the game. And at a certain point you’ll be allowed to reenter the game and have a shot at the money.” In other words, people that are voted out will compete against each other for a chance to later rejoin the game.

The concept of being voted out and then reentering the game is something of a sore spot for Survivor fans, after voted out “Outcasts” Lillian “Lil” Morris and Burton Roberts came back into the game in Survivor: Pearl Islands, with Lil making it all the way to the final two. Probst insists this time will be different. For starters, the voted out contestants will not be eating lots of food with a roof over the heads, but will still be stuck out in the elements like everyone else. For another thing, this time everything will be out in the open. “We did a haphazard version of Redemption Island a few years ago called the Outcasts,” said Probst just minutes after fiming the opening of the show, “and it didn’t work and it didn’t please the audience and there was one fundamental flaw: We didn’t tell people up front it was going to happen. I just told everybody [at the opening] it’s going to happen. Make no mistake: When you’re voted out, you’re not going home, and somebody that you vote out could come back and bite you in the ass. So I have no problem with people coming back into the game because everybody knows up front. A rule can’t be unfair if you know going in. It’s an equal opportunity.”

In another format switch, since each episode will include a Redemption Island duel, you can expect there to be just one combined reward/immunity challenge per episode for the players that have yet to be voted out. “This is the most excited I’ve been in a long time when it comes to a twist. I really hope Redemption Island adds a new layer that we can use for years to come,” said Probst. “We have no idea what’s gong to happen. It’s a big risk. It could fail miserably. I don’t think it’s going to.”

http://insidetv.ew.com/2010/12/20/survivor-jeff-probst-redemption-island-twist/

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 06:28:05 AM »
man, I really liked the reward challenge, these combined challenges :(

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 10:08:01 AM »
moved to spoilers

Offline franxaverian

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 07:33:58 AM »
Now that we have already been in episode 5...I wonder who the two people in 0:29 of the video up here are....it looks like Mike and Stephanie but I'm no t really sure. The challenge set that is shown in 0:28 has also been used yet... :duno:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 12:30:03 PM »
Possibly DreamTeamers?
RFF's Golden Rule: