The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

TARcon

(1/4) > >>

Oddarane:
Since I'm quite new here and don't know everything about TAR, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what TARcon is - how often it is - what ppl are doing there etc.

With gratitude.

(Sorry for asking this stupid question)

TexasLady:
There are no stupid questions.  :reindeer

Fans and racers get together in NY to watch the finale and meet and greet with each other. A TAR convention if you will. I've never been to one but I'd like to go just once.  :cmas16

Oddarane:
Thanks for your help. That sounds like fun, hope I get to go once.

One more thing: Is TARcon being held over several days; if so - how many days?

theschnauzers:
TARcon itself is held during the night of the finale episode, and usually goes for a few hours after, especially as current and former Racers arrive after the show ends.

Some folks who attend TARcon organize other get-togethers, but the event itself is only that one evening. (It started with season one, btw.) It's been at its current venue for several years now (spring and fall), there was a time it changed location in Manhattan as it continued to grow.

MamaT:

--- Quote from: Oddarane on December 12, 2010, 06:04:36 PM --- I was wondering if anyone could tell me what TARcon is

--- End quote ---

TARCon is a fabulous celebration of TAR amongst true fans of the show.  It really is a blast to spend time with other people that enjoy the show a much as you do. Lots of great discusions and laughs.  I just returned from my 4th TARCon and they keep getting more fun.I went to ky first one  knowing no one, and now I have made some great friends and people I really look forward to seeing twice a year.

I highly recommend that everyone should attend at least one TARCon if they can!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version