Author Topic: EP 12 East Coast FINALE updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 125642 times)

Offline SkyWriter9

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: EP 12 East Coast FINALE updates and commentary **please read the rules**
« Reply #175 on: December 13, 2010, 08:55:29 AM »
It's best absolutely season ever...

I don't think I could agree with you more!

Offline dpe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #176 on: December 13, 2010, 09:25:26 AM »
just curious, does anyone know how the teams keep the results secret for 6 MONTHS ??

it would be spectulation, but it just seems it would be very difficult. people would be asking all the time.

what if someone lets something slip?

anyone know?

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #177 on: December 13, 2010, 09:29:39 AM »
It's best absolutely season ever...

I don't think I could agree with you more!

The greatest season ever? I can't say that, for me nothing beats seasons 3,5, 6,7. But on the whole it was a very good season much better than the last ones, exciting, with good cast. Lets hope that the new season will be equally good if not better,

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #178 on: December 13, 2010, 09:34:33 AM »
just curious, does anyone know how the teams keep the results secret for 6 MONTHS ??

it would be speculation, but it just seems it would be very difficult. people would be asking all the time.

anyone know?
They sign confidentiality agreements that forbid them to reveal anything otherwise they are liable for damages towards the production and the channel. Besides I think I read that the award money and other prizes are given after the end of the broadcasting and not the end of the actual race. For more read the thread about the  application form for TAR 19.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: December 13, 2010, 10:05:25 AM »

it would be spectulation, but it just seems it would be very difficult. people would be asking all the time.

anyone know?
All competitors in Amazing Races have to sign a CONFIDENTIALITY agreement that means it's very expensive if they let slip any key information about a season that has finished telecasting maybe 6 months after it actually started. All racers know that CBS and World Race Productions would absolutely prosecute them if they revealed anything important during those 6 months.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 06:50:26 AM by apskip »

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #180 on: December 13, 2010, 11:59:43 AM »
This was my favorite season ever!  My favorite team won, and better yet, it was an all-female team!  Even better still, one of them was Asian-American!  No wonder I'm celebrating!

Belle Book

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #181 on: December 14, 2010, 04:29:07 PM »
Doctors get to the studio.

1st.  memory test.  48 different pictures wearing hates.  most select the greeters of the 11 episodes in order, Bob Ubanks will give them their next clue.
mswood, you may be right, but I wrote down 45 (5 x 9) pictures of the greeters.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #182 on: December 14, 2010, 05:11:04 PM »
But Uchenna and Joyce won and the final task that season was absolutely lame. :cmaslol

You're right I can't even remember what it was. Something about a cigar shop?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Giving the F3 the English language name of a Spanish cigar store in Little Havana was effectively a word puzzle. Uchenna/Joyce solved it quickly with the help of their Spanish-speaking taxi driver and Rob/Amber did not.

The really exciting part of the F7 finale was the American Airlines plane pullout and pullback in San Juan International Airport.  Another exciting part of the AR7 finale was the efforts of Uchenna/Joyce to overcome losing their money after finishing 1 minute behind at the penultimate pit stop due to a flat tire in route there put them behind Ron/Kelly and Rob/Amber; getting around Jamaica without any money was a huge challenge.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #183 on: December 14, 2010, 05:15:51 PM »

1st.  memory test.  48 different pictures wearing hates.  most select the greeters of the 11 episodes in order, Bob Ubanks will give them their next clue.

The clip shows 6 rows of 8 pictures.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #184 on: December 15, 2010, 01:38:31 AM »

1st.  memory test.  48 different pictures wearing hates.  most select the greeters of the 11 episodes in order, Bob Ubanks will give them their next clue.

The clip shows 6 rows of 8 pictures.

It is indeed 48 pictures. Phil mentioned it himself.

Offline DaNutzki

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #185 on: December 23, 2010, 01:53:33 AM »
It's a leap of joy when they crossed first in the Final Pit Stop and it was an emotional victory after all.   :cmas4

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #186 on: December 23, 2010, 10:55:47 AM »
The really exciting part of the F7 finale was the American Airlines plane pullout and pullback in San Juan International Airport.  Another exciting part of the AR7 finale was the efforts of Uchenna/Joyce to overcome losing their money after finishing 1 minute behind at the penultimate pit stop due to a flat tire in route there put them behind Ron/Kelly and Rob/Amber; getting around Jamaica without any money was a huge challenge.

For those who weren't around then, there was a betting spoiler about Uchenna & Joyce being the winners.  Knowing that and seeing them coming back from so far behind was incredible.

In addition to that, numerous posters at all of the major TAR discussion boards insisted that the final roadblock was in Jamaica because they all had been there in person.  But only Chateau, here at RFF,  figured out ahead of time that it was in Puerto Rico.