Author Topic: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*  (Read 627431 times)

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
Re: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*
« Reply #1050 on: December 02, 2010, 09:22:21 AM »
I guess we just have to wait and see where they are going, but I do hope they're coming to Europe.

Will u spoil 4 us if they go 2 Norway?

Will definitely do my best. But since they were in Norway last season, I doubt they'll come here this season.
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1051 on: December 02, 2010, 09:24:09 AM »
I guess we just have to wait and see where they are going, but I do hope they're coming to Europe.

Will u spoil 4 us if they go 2 Norway?

Will definitely do my best. But since they were in Norway last season, I doubt they'll come here this season.

This is a logical assumption.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1052 on: December 02, 2010, 03:41:09 PM »
I have no better ideas about where teams went for the next leg in AR18. I do want to throw in the possibility that the reverse of the famous "Flying Tigers" air route to bring supplies into Kunming for the Chinese Nationalist forces there was used. That route was "over the hump" of the Himalayas from northeast India to Kunming. The reverse would be from Kunming southwest to Kolkata or Dhaka. You also have to think about the possibility that World Race Productions used charter aircraft to avoid public scrutiny.

Offline TSPKM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1053 on: December 02, 2010, 05:56:33 PM »
They are probably in some desert, in some 3rd world country or something, otherwise I feel like they would have been spotted somewhere lol

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1054 on: December 02, 2010, 06:30:48 PM »
They are probably in some desert, in some 3rd world country or something, otherwise I feel like they would have been spotted somewhere lol

I know; the writers were very crafty to send teams to Australia and Asia first, since these continents draw a lot of sightings.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1055 on: December 02, 2010, 06:38:03 PM »

I know; the writers were very crafty to send teams to Australia and Asia first, since these continents draw a lot of sightings.

Nable they hold in some dam airport

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1056 on: December 02, 2010, 08:04:57 PM »
I have no better ideas about where teams went for the next leg in AR18. I do want to throw in the possibility that the reverse of the famous "Flying Tigers" air route to bring supplies into Kunming for the Chinese Nationalist forces there was used. That route was "over the hump" of the Himalayas from northeast India to Kunming. The reverse would be from Kunming southwest to Kolkata or Dhaka. You also have to think about the possibility that World Race Productions used charter aircraft to avoid public scrutiny.

Very nice points, apskip. In China Rush, they rode a bus from Kunming to Tengchong.....along the old route of the Chinese part of the Burma/Ledo roads and I wondered if they knew the history of that highway. Japanese control of that area caused the invent of "flying the Hump."

Someone speculated about taking a bus from Kunming to Vientiane, Laos.......my first thought was ...........yeah, thats what I want to do....take an overnight bus through the Loatian part of the Golden Triangle.........yeah......cant wait to do that. Maybe that is where they disappeared to...............naw, BVM wouldn't do that....he is too wise.
Matthew 7:15

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1057 on: December 02, 2010, 08:21:24 PM »
5 continents again this season. Keep that in mind if we have any gaps in the route.

I just thought I would bring this over here from the Destinations Spoiler Thread......North America, Oceania, Aisa down........so now we have 2 out of 3 to go........Europe, Africa and S America.......

Offline gl14

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1058 on: December 02, 2010, 08:22:55 PM »
Just saw this on Survivorsucks:

Is it me or their Kamakura visit seem too good to be true especially that it's also one of the sites shown in the TAR Wii Game? (The Buddha one...)

Are they actually doing a season just to promote the game?

I think it's possible...

Can someone do a summary of all the locations? ???

Just got the game today. Each time I played the shorter 5 leg version, these were the routes I played:

- Vancouver, Canada > Lima, Peru > Cape Town, South Africa > Dubai (got eliminated)
- Lima, Peru > Paris, France > Delhi, India > Sydney, Australia (got eliminated)
- Caracas, Venezuela > Rome, Italy > Dubai > Auckland, New Zealand > Cape Town, South Africa > Caracas (I actually won the race in the end, came in first in Caracas)
- Cape Town, South Africa > Dubai > Athens, Greece > New York > Caracas, Venezuela > South Africa
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 12:10:45 PM by gl14 »

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You'll see me in the amazing race soon!
« Reply #1059 on: December 02, 2010, 11:54:46 PM »
Hey guys,

Hmm just a thought that ran across my mind.
How about checking out tweets etc from the south america? Perhaps they went to argentina? It's been a damn long time since they went there. Also, chile wld be a great location as well.

And just a question, does ppl arnd that area use twitter as frequently as the rest of the continent? (other than africa of cos haha)
"Im sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the race" is the most horrible thing to hear on TAR haha :)

Offline AmazingRace n00b

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1060 on: December 03, 2010, 12:06:52 AM »
Hey guys,

Hmm just a thought that ran across my mind.
How about checking out tweets etc from the south america? Perhaps they went to argentina? It's been a damn long time since they went there. Also, chile wld be a great location as well.

And just a question, does ppl arnd that area use twitter as frequently as the rest of the continent? (other than africa of cos haha)

:groan:  For one thing, Africa isn't the same continent (though I'm not exactly sure which continent you're referring to).  Secondly, there are a lot of places in Africa that use the internet just as much as we do.  They have their occasional twitter addicts as well.

I think it's going to be funny when they're sighted somewhere really random and we're all like "how the hell did they end up there!?"

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1061 on: December 03, 2010, 05:29:55 AM »
I wonder if they're already racing to these countries after China like: Bhutan, Nepal, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan before heading towards to Europe and/or Middle East?  Just my specs. :duno:

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1062 on: December 03, 2010, 05:40:29 AM »
I think it's possible they went to one of the Stan countries, with a return visit to Kazakhstan the most likely due to travel warning restrictions. From Kunming they could take a flight there via Urumqi in Xinjiang province.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1063 on: December 03, 2010, 12:35:07 PM »
I don't know if it's possible, but perhaps due to the weather situation in Europe the RACE had to stop for a while and they racers are kept somewhere? Or most probably they are in an African country where the people don't know about TAR so they don't report it. Can any of our TAR detectives tell us if there were enough sightings in the past when TAR visited Africa or other remote places?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1064 on: December 03, 2010, 12:40:50 PM »
I don't know if it's possible, but perhaps due to the weather situation in Europe the RACE had to stop for a while and they racers are kept somewhere? Or most probably they are in an African country where the people don't know about TAR so they don't report it. Can any of our TAR detectives tell us if there were enough sightings in the past when TAR visited Africa or other remote places?

There were weather delays in Europe, but to my knowledge, those have now ended.
Teams are very hard to spot in Africa b\c of the lack of social networking general civilazation.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1065 on: December 03, 2010, 02:26:37 PM »
Other TBC leg?

They've never done that before.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #1066 on: December 03, 2010, 02:38:58 PM »
Other TBC leg?

Family Edition even though they didn't originally plan it that way.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1067 on: December 03, 2010, 02:42:39 PM »
Other TBC leg?

Family Edition even though they didn't originally plan it that way.

I had forgotten about the midpoint in the final leg.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 05:15:29 PM by the-pr0phet »

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1068 on: December 03, 2010, 03:50:14 PM »
Twitter post: Just spotted 4 teams from the amazing race at CCU. But more amazing is the fact that I managed to board me second flight.

(1 day ago)   -  CCU is Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport in west bengal

Interesting - there is a daily flight from Kunming to Kolkata. Lots of connecting possibilities vi Delhi...
Remember when Kolkata was Calcutta???
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1069 on: December 03, 2010, 04:24:43 PM »
And there is a very interesting Lufthanza non stop to FRA too, from Kalcutta.......never been there.....but I have been to Calcutta.......

:keeta:

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1070 on: December 03, 2010, 08:46:16 PM »
TAR14 has double back-to-backs. ;) Thailand (Phuket and Bangkok) and China (Guilin, Beijing, Beijing)
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1071 on: December 03, 2010, 08:52:16 PM »
Sort of along with the general theme of this year.......I dont expect to see them visit any new countries either....no new racers and no new countries.

Offline dojima

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1072 on: December 03, 2010, 09:20:30 PM »
FWIW, more info from the Kolkata tweeter:

"2 guys w/ cowboy boy hats. 2 guys w/ curly hair. 2 really tall african-american women..."

Curly hair? Zev/Justin?

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1073 on: December 03, 2010, 09:21:23 PM »

"2 guys w/ cowboy boy hats. 2 guys w/ curly hair. 2 really tall african-american women..."
curly hair?
Looks like no M/M team with curly hair...

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1074 on: December 03, 2010, 09:24:00 PM »

curly hair?
Looks like no M/M team with curly hair...

Production? We have had spotters mistake sound guys for racers in the past.