Author Topic: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*  (Read 627191 times)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*
« Reply #925 on: November 29, 2010, 11:30:40 AM »
No.. They still came in last and that 30 minute would have added to their release time .
It's Mark for Elimination Again. I guess Speedbumps is too easy. I mean Lol How Ridiculous they always come up. Goths did Yoga in Tar12. T.K & Rachel caught up finishing Speedbump with 20 min. Cowboys delivering Tea in Tar 16. Michael & Kevin sitting on Ice for only 10 Minute.

Everyone Prefer 30 min Penalty if not first. Much more interesting. the last team still has disadvantage

Read the thread again and you'll see there are lots of people who like the Speedbump penalty :tup:
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Kelsey_x

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #926 on: November 29, 2010, 11:31:24 AM »
No.. They still came in last and that 30 minute would have added to their release time .
It's Mark for Elimination Again. I guess Speedbumps is too easy. I mean Lol How Ridiculous they always come up. Goths did Yoga in Tar12. T.K & Rachel caught up finishing Speedbump with 20 min. Cowboys delivering Tea in Tar 16. Michael & Kevin sitting on Ice for only 10 Minute.

Everyone Prefer 30 min Penalty if not first. Much more interesting. the last team still has disadvantage

I was not a big fan of the "Marked for Elimination" version until I saw Speed Bumps. Since the writers don't want to make Speed Bumps harder, Marked for Elimination is the best idea.

What was Marked For Elimination?

Offline Heliox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #927 on: November 29, 2010, 11:31:42 AM »
Amazing information coming along. And I would imagine that they are probably done with China for now. So would they fly out of Lijang/Kunming?

Is there and international airport nearby, or a regional airport that they will take connections through. My speculation is that they are done with Asia and I think they will move across to Europe and then down to the warmer climate of Africa or maybe even south America for the ending of the race. Hopefully they will hit all the continents this season.. hmm, any chance of an Antarctic cruise to hit the only continent they haven't traveled to?

Gary and Mallory are running a strong race. Perhaps this back to back seasons has kept them hungry, and glad of it. And I can see Gallory and the Cowboys making friend/alliance.

Personally, I would love to see Big Easy/FT leave next and from then on, I will be happy with just about anyone winning this.

laimis

« Reply #928 on: November 29, 2010, 11:43:39 AM »

I was not a big fan of the "Marked for Elimination" version until I saw Speed Bumps. Since the writers don't want to make Speed Bumps harder, Marked for Elimination is the best idea.

Kynt & Vyxsin

jiajia12

« Reply #929 on: November 29, 2010, 12:22:11 PM »
I read The Baidu thread . So different perspective. I don't like ant of speedbumps so far

Read the thread again and you'll see there are lots of people who like the Speedbump penalty :tup:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #930 on: November 29, 2010, 01:20:02 PM »

Marked for Elimination is a version of the non-elimination leg that requires the NEL team 2 incurr a 30-min penalty if they did not check in first in the following leg. This was originally the second version of the NEL, but it has been brought back.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Kelsey_x

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #931 on: November 29, 2010, 01:39:50 PM »

Marked for Elimination is a version of the non-elimination leg that requires the NEL team 2 incurr a 30-min penalty if they did not check in first in the following leg. This was originally the second version of the NEL, but it has been brought back.

Thank you :]

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #932 on: November 29, 2010, 01:41:49 PM »

Thank you :]

:welcome3: 2 RFF!
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #933 on: November 29, 2010, 02:26:52 PM »
[

I believe weihen said that was a miscommunication...let's check? I am not yet convinced of that unless there was something I missed. ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

jiajia12

« Reply #934 on: November 29, 2010, 02:33:54 PM »
where did wei said that :duno:

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #935 on: November 29, 2010, 04:08:01 PM »
So,does anyone have any guesses as to roughly how long ago this leg started?

jiajia12

« Reply #936 on: November 29, 2010, 04:12:10 PM »
24 hours ago.
They finished tine till now Around 13 hours
they should be starting next leg. But d the lake open at night? if not 24 hours?

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #937 on: November 29, 2010, 04:16:24 PM »
24 hours ago.
They finished tine till now Around 13 hours
they should be starting next leg. But d the lake open at night? if not 24 hours?

Oh sorry!I worded it badly.I meant to ask what time the next leg(leg5?)starts?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #938 on: November 29, 2010, 04:45:08 PM »
[

I believe weihen said that was a miscommunication...let's check? I am not yet convinced of that unless there was something I missed. ???

I was browsing through and remembered he said Goths reached early but had to wait for 30 mins before check-in.. i'm not sure.

But of course, a Speedbump is good... :tup:

jiajia12

« Reply #939 on: November 29, 2010, 05:37:24 PM »
They got too many complaints that Speedbumps were too easy
and it doesn't have significant affect on the race most of the time

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #940 on: November 29, 2010, 05:45:19 PM »

Most importantly, Marked for Elimination is absolutely free!

Offline Heliox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #941 on: November 29, 2010, 05:59:25 PM »
I think that marked for elimination increases the drama that can be portrayed about a team being in danger. Teams have been able to move so quickly through speed bumps that there is no suspense when you see the teams lose little or no place in the standing.

By creating the 30min penalty at the end, they can edit the finish to be more dramatic. Think about all the penalties given over the seasons, you are never sure how far ahead or behind the other teams are at the end, so you are never sure whether the penalty will truly affect them.

And the penalty also creates a disadvantage in starting later in the following leg as well.

I like it better than the speed bump.

Offline TheAmazingRace4Ever

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #942 on: November 29, 2010, 06:00:49 PM »
does that mean jaime and cara are eliminated  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Go Sam & Renae ,  Tyler & Nathan, Alana & Mel, and Jeff & Luke!♥

Offline USsoccer

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #943 on: November 29, 2010, 06:09:03 PM »

Most importantly, Marked for Elimination is absolutely free!

I think the only Speedbump worth calling it that was the Elephant painting in S14, taking into consideration that the flight attendants had 20 min traffic each way on top of the painting... and still only lost by 2 min. Definitely beats sitting on an ice chair for 10 min.... The flight attendants would have beaten Mike and Mark with a marked for elimination and who knows...

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #944 on: November 29, 2010, 06:39:52 PM »
I think the only Speedbump worth calling it that was the Elephant painting in S14, taking into consideration that the flight attendants had 20 min traffic each way on top of the painting... and still only lost by 2 min. Definitely beats sitting on an ice chair for 10 min.... The flight attendants would have beaten Mike and Mark with a marked for elimination and who knows...

I agree.  :tup: Christie &  Jodi were awesome!  ;)

Offline TheAmazingRace4Ever

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #945 on: November 29, 2010, 06:39:55 PM »
does that mean Jaime and Cara are eliminated  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Go Sam & Renae ,  Tyler & Nathan, Alana & Mel, and Jeff & Luke!♥

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #946 on: November 29, 2010, 06:40:46 PM »
does that mean Jaime and Cara are eliminated  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(