Author Topic: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*  (Read 627360 times)

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*
« Reply #625 on: November 26, 2010, 11:47:49 PM »
I really hope we get a sighting soon!

Also,I don't know if this is the right thread to ask this question,so if I'm in the wrong,moderators please move it. Can anyone tell me which season of TAR has been the most spoiled on RFF?

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #626 on: November 26, 2010, 11:52:39 PM »

Also,I don't know if this is the right thread to ask this question,so if I'm in the wrong,moderators please move it. Can anyone tell me which season of TAR has been the most spoiled on RFF?
It depends on how you measure the spoiling of a season. For example, we had a detailed boot list for Season 11, but it depends if you measure it according to contestants, tasks or destinations.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #627 on: November 27, 2010, 12:00:01 AM »

It depends on how you measure the spoiling of a season. For example, we had a detailed boot list for Season 11, but it depends if you measure it according to contestants, tasks or destinations.

I meant elimination wise so season 11 it would be :) thank you!

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #628 on: November 27, 2010, 02:39:25 AM »
2 photos from our friend who spotted the teams in Kamakura at Tsurugaoka Hachiman-gu Shrine at around 1:30PM on Friday 11/25/10.
:hearts:

Shadows are pointing in opposite directions - not a Pit Stop then?

LaKisha/Jen look like they're running out, Jet/Cord running in. Sun should be slightly west of due south.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 02:44:43 AM by Neobie »

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #629 on: November 27, 2010, 03:17:33 AM »
jasteo: transiting at hk airport and bumped into the amazing race film crew! eggcited!
6 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

possibly they're the crew in charge of tasks for the next location.

and without sightings until now, it's pretty much leaning to a double leg in japan i think...

You may be right.Oh,I wish there were more sightings in Japan!

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #630 on: November 27, 2010, 03:30:00 AM »

possibly they're the crew in charge of tasks for the next location.

and without sightings until now, it's pretty much leaning to a double leg in japan i think...

They could also be the crew that was left to clean up things AFTER the teams left Japan.....we really dont know what it is.

Matthew 7:15

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #631 on: November 27, 2010, 04:05:24 AM »
Not to Brunei.

Might not be a real spoiler though. Need more confirmation.. but offering the map just in case.

Offline boy mascubado

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #632 on: November 27, 2010, 04:10:04 AM »
Not to Brunei.

Might not be a real spoiler though. Need more confirmation.. but offering the map just in case.

whoope hope my speculations were right... given a 3 country guess!

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #633 on: November 27, 2010, 04:10:40 AM »
What's with all the cars with stickers on their sides in the Belait District? Amazing Race?
5 minutes ago via Echofon
 This tweeter is from Brunei
Thanks kinibug!!!
Anytime :) I was just about to say that that's in Brunei...interesting.Has TAR ever been there before?

They went to Kota Kinabalu in TAR 3..........which is in Malaysian Borneo

kb might be Kuala Belait.........That coast is pretty famous for oil production.....the reason the Japanese captured it during WWII.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 04:15:05 AM by DrRox »

Offline boy mascubado

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #634 on: November 27, 2010, 04:13:09 AM »
What's with all the cars with stickers on their sides in the Belait District? Amazing Race?
5 minutes ago via Echofon

This tweeter is from Brunei

Thanks kinibug!!!

Anytime :) I was just about to say that that's in Brunei...interesting.Has TAR ever been there before?

neither TAR or TARA visited their. I wonder why they did not drop by their when they visit Kota KInabalu..

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #635 on: November 27, 2010, 04:14:17 AM »
Kota Kinabalu is part of Malaysia.. while Borneo is part of Brunei.. ohh, geography lesson learnt today. I always thought Borneo's part of Malaysia! :-[

I don't think physically TAR has stepped into Brunei.. but again, all these are speculation.. i searched and poked my head around and didn't find anything else about TAR in Brunei.. :(

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #636 on: November 27, 2010, 04:21:26 AM »
Even though none of this is slam dunk yet it just feels good to have some
sort of a lead.I wish people would reply on Twitter faster lol.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #637 on: November 27, 2010, 04:23:16 AM »
Kota Kinabalu is part of Malaysia.. while Borneo is part of Brunei.. ohh, geography lesson learnt today. I always thought Borneo's part of Malaysia! :-[

I don't think physically TAR has stepped into Brunei.. but again, all these are speculation.. i searched and poked my head around and didn't find anything else about TAR in Brunei.. :(

Borneo is just a really big island.  Part belongs to Sultan of Brunei, part to Malaysia and part to Indonesia.

It is probably a local thing.....the TAR part
:groan: Yea, i just figured out! More geography lessons! :tup:

Offline mad_joe

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #638 on: November 27, 2010, 04:24:36 AM »
I checked the schedule of fights,there actually was a direct one from Hong Kong to the capital of Brunei Bandar Seri Begawan,departure time is 2:40 pm,which could make sense that someone did witnessed the production team in HK airport this afternoon around 2 pm  :'( :'( :'(

which kills me is if the teams really made connected flight in HK,then they probably not gonna come to the mainland of China this season,it really sucks!!! :knuckles: :knuckles:
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 04:38:33 AM by mad_joe »

Online ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #639 on: November 27, 2010, 04:30:09 AM »
Wow good jobs guys mother heard of that country

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #640 on: November 27, 2010, 04:42:37 AM »
Nice.So maybe all the teams had boarded their flights and production was rushing to catch theirs?

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #641 on: November 27, 2010, 04:50:38 AM »
Nice.So maybe all the teams had boarded their flights and production was rushing to catch theirs?

There is two production crews.......they flip flop the places.......while one is cleaning up in Japan......another one is already on the ground in the next place. Then the japaness crew will go forward to where they are going and be ready when they get there......if that makes sense.

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #642 on: November 27, 2010, 05:12:43 AM »

There is two production crews.......they flip flop the places.......while one is cleaning up in Japan......another one is already on the ground in the next place. Then the japaness crew will go forward to where they are going and be ready when they get there......if that makes sense.

sorry,I'm slightly confused.Wouldn't there be another crew that would be with the teams?

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #643 on: November 27, 2010, 05:24:18 AM »
Okay.........here it is maybe simpler........they had one crew in Australia setting up those two legs...........at the same time....one crew was in Japan setting up that leg(s). When the teams flew to Japan......they went with their cameraman/soundman team.....maybe a couple of Production ASSTs.....BVM and Elise travel too.....then the Aussie crew went to what ever comes after Japan...lets call it Country XX.....when teams leave Japan for Country XX.........the Japanese crew will fly to Country YY.....and start setting that up......does that make more sense?

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #644 on: November 27, 2010, 05:25:50 AM »
Okay.........here it is maybe simpler........they had one crew in Australia setting up those two legs...........at the same time....one crew was in Japan setting up that leg(s). When the teams flew to Japan......they went with their cameraman/soundman team.....maybe a couple of Production ASSTs.....BVM and Elise travel too.....then the Aussie crew went to what ever comes after Japan...lets call it Country XX.....when teams leave Japan for Country XX.........the Japanese crew will fly to Country YY.....and start setting that up......does that make more sense?

:tup:

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #645 on: November 27, 2010, 05:32:05 AM »

yes!Thank you!

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #646 on: November 27, 2010, 05:43:32 AM »
If so,I think XX is China since they transmit at HongKong...YY is a country in southeast Asia...

Offline mad_joe

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #647 on: November 27, 2010, 08:29:48 AM »
it's driving me freaking nuts,where the heck are the teams right now  :'( :'( :'(

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #648 on: November 27, 2010, 08:32:12 AM »
it's driving me freaking nuts,where the heck are the teams right now  :'( :'( :'(

:lol: This is the effect of the major spoilage in Sydney. :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #649 on: November 27, 2010, 08:36:37 AM »

:lol: This is the effect of the major spoilage in Sydney. :lol:

:groan:

Sorry for flying up there and following them around then!

:colealert: