Author Topic: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*  (Read 627250 times)

Offline gl14

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*
« Reply #600 on: November 26, 2010, 11:06:11 AM »
Just saw this on Survivorsucks:

Is it me or their Kamakura visit seem too good to be true especially that it's also one of the sites shown in the TAR Wii Game? (The Buddha one...)

Are they actually doing a season just to promote the game?

I think it's possible...

I had previously mentioned that I found it funny that the majority of the teams featured on the cover of the Wii video game were participating in season 18. so who knows, further promotion for the game.

Offline boy mascubado

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #601 on: November 26, 2010, 11:17:13 AM »
got a strong feeling that they will visit the country that i'm located right now.. camera's ready...

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #602 on: November 26, 2010, 11:26:13 AM »
Phil has mentioned b4 that the producers always have 2 or 3 alternate routes they can send teams on in the case of violence in a destination country.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #603 on: November 26, 2010, 11:26:39 AM »
got a strong feeling that they will visit the country that i'm located right now.. camera's ready...

Mind if I ask where that is?

Offline boy mascubado

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #604 on: November 26, 2010, 11:31:03 AM »
Clue... since this country still hadn't been visited (its about time since right now they struggle a little bit in their tourism industry) and an good transition from South Asia to Europe or Mideast... Experts will know my IP add is.. ;) ;)

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #605 on: November 26, 2010, 11:38:57 AM »
Clue... since this country still hadn't been visited (its about time since right now they struggle a little bit in their tourism industry) and an good transition from South Asia to Europe or Mideast... Experts will know my IP add is.. ;) ;)

Aaaahhhh as exciting as this is,Im terrible at Geography!lol more clues?Someone will guess this easily and I still won't have a clue :)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #606 on: November 26, 2010, 11:40:14 AM »

Aaaahhhh as exciting as this is,Im terrible at Geography!lol more clues?Someone will guess this easily and I still won't have a clue :)

I'm still trying 2 figure out what boy is trying to convey.

Offline NotKaren

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #607 on: November 26, 2010, 11:43:10 AM »
I'm not worried about Korea, it's not one of the countries they'd visit back to back on the Race.

I suspect the Papua New Guinea would be a no-go because it would be prohibitively expensive to insure any filming in that country. Same goes for Egypt, which seems to have gotten decidedly more dangerous since they last Raced through there. I'm expecting India next too, though will always hold out hope for Bhutan because it's got such an interesting history and normally restricts tourism so tightly.

Is insurance any easier to sort out for Bhutan? From what I remember reading about these restrictions, you also have to pony up quite a sum upfront for each day spent in the country and given its location, you can't schedule a leg with only three teams to limit costs there. Hopefully they'd make the restrictions laxer for TAR because I'd be glued to the TV for that. Has the race even climbed that high? I know the air is rarefied in Bolivia as well, but I'm not sure the racers were at such literally dizzying heights for more than a few hours.

Why do people hate Jaime and Cara so much? Who cares if Jaime was rude to foreigners?

Jaime and Cara love <3

Please tell me my sarcasm meter is failing me... Since when is rudeness condoned in general, let alone when you're a guest in a foreign country? Is shoving and abusing your wife also OK as long as you're on a race on TV and you're stressed out, hungry and tired? Do tell.

Offline mad_joe

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #608 on: November 26, 2010, 11:43:28 AM »

Maldives? :neener: :neener:but I seriously doubt they would go to there...in my opinion,it's better they come to China today,and then fly to Central Asia or other neighbourhood countries of Russia,before they head to Europe,Africa and South America for the second last leg

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #609 on: November 26, 2010, 11:47:37 AM »
Why do people hate Jaime and Cara so much? Who cares if Jaime was rude to foreigners?

Jaime and Cara love <3

Please tell me my sarcasm meter is failing me... Since when is rudeness condoned in general, let alone when you're a guest in a foreign country? Is shoving and abusing your wife also OK as long as you're on a race on TV and you're stressed out, hungry and tired? Do tell.

Well said!

Offline boy mascubado

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #610 on: November 26, 2010, 11:53:10 AM »

I'm still trying 2 figure out what boy is trying to convey.

Just have this strong speculation that they might visit this country where im located right now.. Okay Maldives is the place. Its near India and Sri Lanka. Since it hasnt been visited i've just got this gut feeling they gonna include this season.

Maldives? :neener: :neener:but I seriously doubt they would go to there...in my opinion,it's better they come to China today,and then fly to Central Asia or other neighbourhood countries of Russia,before they head to Europe,Africa and South America for the second last leg

see guys here have all the expertise in this forum :jam:.. China? they'll all busy in there Asian games right now. So thats why i strongly speculate they coming back down to South east Asia then move to South Asia, transition from a Mideast country before goin to Europe coun try. IMO..

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #611 on: November 26, 2010, 12:01:29 PM »

see guys here have all the expertise in this forum :jam:.. China? they'll all busy in there Asian games right now. So thats why i strongly speculate they coming back down to South east Asia then move to South Asia, transition from a Mideast country before goin to Europe coun try. IMO..

Interesting idea...
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 12:42:07 PM by the-pr0phet »

Offline Heliox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #612 on: November 26, 2010, 12:06:36 PM »

a Co-worker was in Bhutan recently and she paid $250 per day just to be in the country. Steep, but it apparently includes some things (not sure .. food or lodging) I don't know if Bhutan would really want the attention. They seem to quite like their relative anonymity on the world stage. Having said that she said it was spectacular. And I would love to see the teams go there if they were able.

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #613 on: November 26, 2010, 12:29:21 PM »
Yeah, although Bhutan would be nice, I think it's going to be prohibitively expensive, $200/day for each person. The price includes everything (food & lodging), but still. Not to mention the red tape that goes along with the hefty price tag. The government slapped each tourist such a high price because they don't want tourism in their country in the first place. I doubt they'll be willing to cooperate with a race-travel show. But here's hoping! :jam:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #614 on: November 26, 2010, 12:48:40 PM »
Yeah, although Bhutan would be nice, I think it's going to be prohibitively expensive, $200/day for each person. The price includes everything (food & lodging), but still. Not to mention the red tape that goes along with the hefty price tag. The government slapped each tourist such a high price because they don't want tourism in their country in the first place. I doubt they'll be willing to cooperate with a race-travel show. But here's hoping! :jam:

Makes sense!

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #615 on: November 26, 2010, 01:12:54 PM »
My sister visited the Maldives as part of her honeymoon.The photos were stunning-now that'd be nice to see in HD.

Offline allie303

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #616 on: November 26, 2010, 03:31:52 PM »
What about Sri Lanka? Is that also a possibility?

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #617 on: November 26, 2010, 06:06:12 PM »

Asian Games held in Guangzhou,they can still go to other places of China(other places not busy at all)...And,Asian Games is over yesterday...

Offline The Queen V

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Here comes the queen!
« Reply #618 on: November 26, 2010, 06:08:03 PM »
China? they'll all busy in there Asian games right now.

which allows tar to hold a leg or two in the country without being spotted so much...

So thats why i strongly speculate they coming back down to South east Asia then move to South Asia, transition from a Mideast country before goin to Europe country. IMO..

what i can think of only possibilities would be laos (first visit?), philippines (there's a travel warning), indonesia (first visit) or brunei (first visit). im not leaning on the other countries.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #619 on: November 26, 2010, 06:47:18 PM »
They can come to Singapore if they want, I would be ready with a camera at the airport.  :neener:
Terminal 3 Belt 48?  :spy:

Offline jps0228

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I make Amazing Race SIMS Version Videos!!
« Reply #620 on: November 26, 2010, 08:55:19 PM »
China? they'll all busy in there Asian games right now.

which allows tar to hold a leg or two in the country without being spotted so much...

So thats why i strongly speculate they coming back down to South east Asia then move to South Asia, transition from a Mideast country before goin to Europe country. IMO..

what i can think of only possibilities would be laos (first visit?), philippines (there's a travel warning), indonesia (first visit) or brunei (first visit). im not leaning on the other countries.

I didn't think that there is currently a travel warning here in the Philippines?  :'(
"I heard you're dad went into a restaurant and ate everything at the restaurant and they have to close the restaurant" -Ralph Wiggum

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #621 on: November 26, 2010, 09:25:00 PM »
I just see read about spoiler TAR 18 and really amazed me.. Sound exciting on TAR 18.. I have nothing for much talk.. sorri..   :(
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #622 on: November 26, 2010, 09:31:51 PM »
I think they may have 2nd leg in japan racing at Yokohama...and if they raced at night(they often have a leg racing at night recent season),maybe not so many sighting...just Speculation

Offline SuzuKen

• RFF Full Member
  • tabibito
« Reply #623 on: November 26, 2010, 10:19:08 PM »
South East Asia is a stong possiblity this time around. (Thailand anyone?)

Well, I'm currently in Phuket/Similans and would be keeping my eyes out for them. Dunno how I'll update since I won't have Internet most of the time… IF there're any sightings, I wldn't be able to do livesightings >.<
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 10:33:56 PM by SuzuKen »
JOAB'S SURVIVOR RFF: MADAGASCAR  -we like to move it move it-

TAR17: Nat & Kat, Brook & Claire

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #624 on: November 26, 2010, 10:55:19 PM »
South East Asia is a stong possiblity this time around. (Thailand anyone?)

Well, I'm currently in Phuket/Similans and would be keeping my eyes out for them. Dunno how I'll update since I won't have Internet most of the time… IF there're any sightings, I wldn't be able to do livesightings >.<

There is nothing around here that says you have to do live sightings. If you see them.......then try to take some pics and remember the place and time.......its just that simple........and post when you get internet access again........have fun in Phuket....
Matthew 7:15