Author Topic: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*  (Read 627210 times)

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*
« Reply #575 on: November 26, 2010, 05:50:20 AM »
Unless leg 3 is still in Japan.
actually, they're hopefully still be in Japan for leg 4, and if they're still on the Tokyo metropolitan area for now they should be visit and race to Akihabara district, its the famous place for many animes, mangas and video games and it's known as the otaku capital of the world.  And surely that place will be a jampacked by tomorrow and Sunday and probably the Japanese media there will be easily to spot them for sure besides ordinary people who wants to take relax there during weekend. :tup:

laimis

« Reply #576 on: November 26, 2010, 05:59:20 AM »
Kampuchea means Cambodia right?
That will be nice to visit Cambodia ^ ^

Offline tutorial

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #577 on: November 26, 2010, 06:13:54 AM »
If there's any tip that they are at Amsterdam from 10th to 13th December or Lithuania on the 15th to 20th December, or if they are in London, I would fly there now.

Offline milanissimo

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #578 on: November 26, 2010, 06:33:47 AM »
Egypt please! :hearts:  

Yes.....this time on the east bank of the Nile and train ride to Alexandria.......

Egypt :colors :colors
I think is better Hurgada or  Sharm El -Sheikn along the red sea...,beautiful places,beautiful sea(Especially Sharm ) and every day there are a lot of flights From/to European countries
I think It's possible...
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 06:37:10 AM by milanissimo »

Offline mad_joe

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #579 on: November 26, 2010, 06:39:12 AM »
 :'( :'(  I'm so pissed right now,why there are no other valuable spoilers coming out?Japanese fans,please  :meow:

it's almost 9:40 pm in Tokyo,if it was a 24-hour mandatory period of rest,first couples of teams should have been running again  :duno:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #580 on: November 26, 2010, 06:56:14 AM »

Yes.....this time on the east bank of the Nile and train ride to Alexandria.......

I think is better Hurgada or  Sharm El -Sheikn along the red sea...,beautiful places,beautiful sea(Especially Sharm ) and every day there are a lot of flights From/to European countries
I think It's possible...

Since they are racing east to west......I doubt very seriously they would turn around when they got to Europe and then fly back to Egypt.....anywhere in Egypt. It really doesn't make much sense. When they are finished in Europe, they will head to N America
Matthew 7:15

Offline milanissimo

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #581 on: November 26, 2010, 07:13:33 AM »

I think It's possible...

Since they are racing east to west......I doubt very seriously they would turn around when they got to Europe and then fly back to Egypt.....anywhere in Egypt. It really doesn't make much sense. When they are finished in Europe, they will head to N America

..I know...in fact I said .. before Egypt   and then Europe..

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #582 on: November 26, 2010, 07:36:03 AM »
:'( :'(  I'm so pissed right now,why there are no other valuable spoilers coming out?Japanese fans,please  :meow:

it's almost 9:40 pm in Tokyo,if it was a 24-hour mandatory period of rest,first couples of teams should have been running again  :duno:

The RFF detectives will find them if it's humanly possible.  :lol:

Welcome to RFF mad_joe!

:welcome2:

The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline metalent

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #583 on: November 26, 2010, 07:43:19 AM »
Kampuchea means Cambodia right?
That will be nice to visit Cambodia ^ ^
YES!!
I am not from a English-speaking country.Kampuchea may means Cambodia.
last night,i dreamt that they would go to Phnom Penh.
It is really  :hearts: :hearts: :jumpy: :jumpy: :wohoo: :wohoo:

Offline mad_joe

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #584 on: November 26, 2010, 08:10:09 AM »
:'( :'(  I'm so pissed right now,why there are no other valuable spoilers coming out?Japanese fans,please  :meow:

it's almost 9:40 pm in Tokyo,if it was a 24-hour mandatory period of rest,first couples of teams should have been running again  :duno:

The RFF detectives will find them if it's humanly possible.  :lol:

Welcome to RFF mad_joe!

:welcome2:

thanks,man,I'm new here,but feel really excited that there are so many people into TAR  :hearts: :wohoo:

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
« Reply #585 on: November 26, 2010, 08:48:25 AM »
Why not just have the whole cast of season 14 come back? :res:

THAT WOULD BE GREAT.........!!!!!!  :hearts: :colors :yess:
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline boy mascubado

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #586 on: November 26, 2010, 09:06:20 AM »
let me speculate that production team planned for a Korean leg and just what recently happened between North and South Kor. Things have change. They cant visit china for now because somewhere they have on going Asian games. My wild guess is they'll comeback down to somewhere in Southeast Asia. LAOS, THAILAND or BRUNEI.. just my thoughts..   B:) B:) :keeta:

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #587 on: November 26, 2010, 09:17:59 AM »
let me speculate that production team planned for a Korean leg and just what recently happened between North and South Kor. Things have change. They cant visit china for now because somewhere they have on going Asian games. My wild guess is they'll comeback down to somewhere in Southeast Asia. LAOS, THAILAND or BRUNEI.. just my thoughts..   B:) B:) :keeta:

They did Korea in season 17. It' s unlikely they would it twice in a row. Besides they have probably planned all the tasks mpnths in advance and a last minute change it;s very difficult.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #588 on: November 26, 2010, 09:44:22 AM »
what about Jaime and Cara? :(
those freaking cheerleaders who complain them that the locals can't speak English?  Heck probably they're the last one to arrive at the pit stop and they have difficulties on communicating with the Japanese locals there.  I wish they'd been eliminated there or else... (:;)

They probably won't make the F3 this year.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline kenchan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #589 on: November 26, 2010, 09:52:25 AM »
Gawd, I hope they are *NOT* going to South Korea right now...
「超たのしい~!♪」
-Tyler McNiven riding a fold-up bike in the night streets of Tokyo, TAR9

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #590 on: November 26, 2010, 09:56:07 AM »

Why?
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline kenchan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #591 on: November 26, 2010, 10:07:12 AM »

Why?
It seems rather dangerous due to the military tension between the north and the south... If you were the producer, and if you had scheduled Seoul to be the next pitstop, what would y'all do?
「超たのしい~!♪」

Offline inquiring minds

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #592 on: November 26, 2010, 10:09:18 AM »
 :(

Why?
:ascared NO not SouthKorea!! That would be horrible with a near war breaking out! I would hope that they always have a plan B for safety!! That wouldnt be good at ALL! You really dont think they would RISK that , DO U?
The possibility of accidental deaths would surely keep them away from there!

Offline kenchan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #593 on: November 26, 2010, 10:26:46 AM »

Why?
:ascared NO not SouthKorea!! That would be horrible with a near war breaking out! I would hope that they always have a plan B for safety!! That wouldnt be good at ALL! You really dont think they would RISK that , DO U?

Totally agreed. If I were Bertram/Elise - presumably travelling with Phil - I would scramble for plan B.
The US Embassy in South Korea has not issued a travel ban yet, but they have released this note on 2010/11/23.

On the same note, here is the link to the US State Dept's Current Travel Warnings. It would be safe to say that say none of these countries will be on the race course for TAR18.

BTW, does anyone know if a graphical timeline of TAR races juxtaposed with major international news (like the Indian Ocean tsunami and what not) exists?  Of course the news would have to be related to things that happened along the race course.  That would be interesting.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 10:35:32 AM by kenchan »
「超たのしい~!♪」

Offline selkie

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #594 on: November 26, 2010, 10:27:43 AM »

I'm expecting India next. Only half of these second chance racers have experienced it before and it was absent in TAR17. The geography nerd in me would still ideally prefer another Asia stop in Qatar or Papua New Guinea or the Maldives, but realistically... that's not going to happen.  

I suspect the Papua New Guinea would be a no-go because it would be prohibitively expensive to insure any filming in that country. Same goes for Egypt, which seems to have gotten decidedly more dangerous since they last Raced through there. I'm expecting India next too, though will always hold out hope for Bhutan because it's got such an interesting history and normally restricts tourism so tightly.

Offline inquiring minds

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #595 on: November 26, 2010, 10:34:38 AM »

Why?

Totally agreed. If I were Bertram/Elise - presumably travelling with Phil - I would scramble for plan B.
The US Embassy in South Korea has not issued a travel ban yet, but they have released this note on 2010/11/23.

BTW, does anyone know if a graphical timeline of TAR races juxtaposed with major international news (like the Indian Ocean tsunami and what not) exists?  Of course the news would have to be related to things that happened along the race course.  That would be interesting.

:jam: :jam: I think we are on to something!! An amazing race Idea where they go thru these countys that are shooting at each other....... To Race thru them and make it to the end without being shot,,,,, back packs would include bullet proof vests, night vision goggles , etc...

Offline kenchan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #596 on: November 26, 2010, 10:36:42 AM »
:jam: :jam: I think we are on to something!! An amazing race Idea where they go thru these countys that are shooting at each other....... To Race thru them and make it to the end without being shot,,,,, back packs would include bullet proof vests, night vision goggles , etc...

Yeah right  (:;)
You wish!
「超たのしい~!♪」

Offline inquiring minds

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #597 on: November 26, 2010, 10:39:38 AM »

You wish!

Ok maybe you are right it would be more like a "swat team amazing race" they could rescue people along the way and take them to the safety of a pit stop!!

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #598 on: November 26, 2010, 10:44:54 AM »
I think the main reason people hated Jaime so much is because she was so rude to the locals, especially the cab drivers!  In retrospect, the scenes with her being so rude may well have been a sign that she & Cara wouldn't win -- an editing sign, that is.

Anyway, I doubt that even if there wasn't such tension between North & South Korea that the teams would go there again -- not so soon after having a leg in South Korea this season, that is.  But I'd love to see the teams in Laos -- they'd never gone there before.

Belle Book

Offline kenchan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #599 on: November 26, 2010, 11:05:42 AM »

You wish!

Ok maybe you are right it would be more like a "swat team amazing race" they could rescue people along the way and take them to the safety of a pit stop!!

Anyone from the Discover Channel reading this?  There's an idea for a new show, right there!  :tup:
「超たのしい~!♪」