Author Topic: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*  (Read 627578 times)

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
Re: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*
« Reply #225 on: November 21, 2010, 11:20:32 PM »
do we know if Jet and Cord have checked in yet?

calibound234

« Reply #226 on: November 21, 2010, 11:22:21 PM »
Hmm. Not sure if Jet and Cord have checked in yet... Is it possible that the people we are getting this info from decided to follow the teams to their next destination if it is in fact a TBC leg.

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #227 on: November 21, 2010, 11:31:38 PM »
No. Michael and Kevin were only THOUGHT to be on the race because of Kevin's mysterious posts on Twitter

and an eye witness at LAX Airport saying they saw "2 asians" or "2 asian men"

so people assumed it was Michael and Kevin when really it was Ron and Christina

Oh ok. Thanks :) I have to be up in less than 3 hours but these updates are keeping me on edge lol.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #228 on: November 21, 2010, 11:33:16 PM »
Another posibility to the TBC........

In a lot of TARs.......the end of the first leg is a "take a number or time" for departure the next day to finish the leg.......Phil could have been handing out times and instructions for the teams. Looking at that Captain Cook Tours website.......the Hop on and Hop off ride has a couple of places where they could isolate the teams over night and release them the next morning.....or whenever......plus buying the ticket is good for 24 hours......just a thought.
Matthew 7:15

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #229 on: November 21, 2010, 11:39:36 PM »
Dr. Rox, it sounds as if there's been a detour and a roadblock on the first day, and so, the TBC makes better sense. Phil hasn't given out clues, except for a TBC in-leg mat situation, and that is the only thing that makes any sense.

Meanwhile there's that item just re-posted in this thread that the observer said was a team from two seasons ago -- as TAR 17 is currently being aired there, is it possible that was a reference to Jet-Cord; is it possible the source didn't see them reach Phil? I'm not saying they aren't last, just that they made it without the source seeing them.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #230 on: November 21, 2010, 11:46:00 PM »
Dr. Rox, it sounds as if there's been a detour and a roadblock on the first day, and so, the TBC makes better sense. Phil hasn't given out clues, except for a TBC in-leg mat situation, and that is the only thing that makes any sense.

Meanwhile there's that item just re-posted in this thread that the observer said was a team from two seasons ago -- as TAR 17 is currently being aired there, is it possible that was a reference to Jet-Cord; is it possible the source didn't see them reach Phil? I'm not saying they aren't last, just that they made it without the source seeing them.

Is there time for a detour? It seems to me as if the leg is Train to Circular Quay to Harbor Bridge (About 11:00-11:30), Ferry to Manly (12:00), RB at Oceanworld Manly (1:00), General task at Manly Yacht Club (1:30-2:00), Midpoint at TBC (2:30-3:30).

Also, I think there may be activity at the airport. The next logical destination, if teams are flying out, is Melbourne.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #231 on: November 21, 2010, 11:46:48 PM »
Second, I suspect the entire uberleg will be in and around Sydney. The last time TAR was there, it was technically only a half of a leg (there was a detour in Hong Kong first and the roadblock was the famous "Slang" roadblock in Sdyney. The city more than deserves a full leg plus on TAR.

The city has had two full legs -- TAR Asia 1 and TAR Israel, as well as the major parts of two other episodes, including part of a TBC and the TAR2 two-hour episode. Especially when you consider that all Australia's second largest city has had is the TAR Australia starting line and a flight connection, Sydney really doesn't need any more.

calibound234

« Reply #232 on: November 21, 2010, 11:53:17 PM »
I was wondering myself if the

"Under the bridge for the clue" thing was the Roadblock maybe?

And the OceanWorld thing was the detour.. weren't some teams doing sailing while others were swimming for an object?

Or were those the same tasks.. or one was just a route info?

So confused.

When was Jet and Cord spotted with a Red Clue..... and where are they X_X

Offline ltvols

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #233 on: November 21, 2010, 11:58:07 PM »
according to tweets regarding circular qual, pitt st, martin pl - according the maps, they could be going to Hyde Park.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #234 on: November 22, 2010, 12:06:20 AM »
Just remember American and Canadian viewers haven't seen the Asian or other regional editions. As far as they are concerned, they've only seen the Race in Sydney from TAR 2.
-- theschnauzers

calibound234

« Reply #235 on: November 22, 2010, 12:16:38 AM »
Okay so i am trying to find these locations on a map to see what makes sense..

So far it seems possible that after Pitstop, teams headed back to Circular Quay (by driving) than had to walk to Pyrmont Bridge which is 4 minutes away from there.. Pitt St. is like a street or 2 over from where circular quay is

calibound234

« Reply #236 on: November 22, 2010, 12:18:17 AM »
it would take 30 minutes on foot though to get from Circular Quay to Pyrmont Bridge..

teams were seen on foot though at Pitt St. and Pyrmont Bridge

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #237 on: November 22, 2010, 12:20:22 AM »
Okay so i am trying to find these locations on a map to see what makes sense..

So far it seems possible that after Pitstop, teams headed back to Circular Quay (by driving) than had to walk to Pyrmont Bridge which is 4 minutes away from there.. Pitt St. is like a street or 2 over from where circular quay is
I'd say they got the ferry or Captain Cook Cruise boats back to Circular Quay, then Pitt Street, Pyrmont Bridge (Darling Harbour) and Martin Place all on foot. (No particular order).
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

calibound234

« Reply #238 on: November 22, 2010, 12:26:19 AM »
I wonder why G/M and R/C were running from the Marriot Hotel together though?

Hmm the ferries could be how Ron and Christina caught up if thats the case

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #239 on: November 22, 2010, 12:36:33 AM »
Just remember American and Canadian viewers haven't seen the Asian or other regional editions. As far as they are concerned, they've only seen the Race in Sydney from TAR 2.

I understand that, but there's soooooo much more to Australia than Sydney, which is what the producers of the various versions appear to have trouble realising (which is weird given TAR Asia and TAR Israel were both made by a Melbourne-based production company).

And even ignoring the foreign visits -- Sydney's been done before, but a bunch of other major Aussie cities haven't. Melbourne. Hobart. Adelaide. Alice Springs. Canberra. Broome. It's more that a city is getting repeated so often around the place than the fact that it's Sydney specifically -- I have the same issues with Auckland being used every time the race goes to New Zealand (though TARA4 finally ended that run).

It's not as if Melbourne is hard to get to (it's a hub for three international airlines, including Qantas and the largest of the Virgin-branded airlines, and Melbourne-Sydney is the fourth most-travelled route in the world) or hard to plan tasks for, so there's really no excuse at all to be doing Sydney again, to be honest.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #240 on: November 22, 2010, 12:45:00 AM »
Oooo ohk just got this info from a friend of mine whose currently at Pyrmont Bridge:
Ok their clue is to find a sculpture called to sail to stop. The guy they asked on the bridge didn't know. He saw six teams. After this they have to get on a plane to the outback.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #241 on: November 22, 2010, 12:46:17 AM »
Should we really believe this?....
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #242 on: November 22, 2010, 12:47:15 AM »
No to bunching, please. :'( I hope it's false.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #243 on: November 22, 2010, 12:54:54 AM »
Ayers Rock maybe???
Matthew 7:15

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #244 on: November 22, 2010, 01:00:50 AM »
Non-elimination, or Intersection. We can't have both.

Oh God I hope for Ayers Rock! Send them somewhere without a billion tweets so I can rest a little bit! :lol:

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #245 on: November 22, 2010, 01:01:11 AM »
Logicly, why would they plan all these tasks in Sydney only to randomly send them on a plane to the outback? I say it's fake.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #246 on: November 22, 2010, 01:02:09 AM »
Can't believe the detail of the information that everyone has uncovered! Certainly seems to be making it easier to spot racers if they have raced before (or if they are 7-foot Globetrotters). :groan:

To think that the racers are only 10-20km away from here is pretty cool! :tup:

Keep up the great work everyone at RFF :hearts: , and Gary & Mallory FTW! :yess:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #247 on: November 22, 2010, 01:04:56 AM »
Hmm, Outback Australia is nice. :tup: The Uluru Rock would rock too (equivalent to the world-famous Stonehenge visit in S17). :hearts: But I hope it's on Leg 2, not here on Leg 1. :groan:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #248 on: November 22, 2010, 01:07:03 AM »
Hmm, Outback Australia is nice. :tup: The Uluru Rock would rock too (equivalent to the world-famous Stonehenge visit in S17). :hearts: But I hope it's on Leg 2, not here on Leg 1. :groan:

Well, with having a TBC on Leg 1, I doubt Leg 2 will be Australia.

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
« Reply #249 on: November 22, 2010, 01:17:12 AM »
WOW! I am soooo impressed/scared that I correctly predicted a Qantas delay?!?! hahaha