Archive > The Amazing Race 18 Spoilers and Speculation

TAR 18 Locations/Destinations **spoilers**

<< < (107/107)

Neobie:
So I just got back from a quick weekend trip to Zermatt, and although it's pretty difficult to get any information out of official sources, there happened to be no lack of locals who happened to see crazy Americans running around! Granted though, that filming took place three months ago, so I don't have any specific team spoilers. However, I can pinpoint several locations and possibly a few tasks...

THE TRAIN STATION
The only feasible way to enter Zermatt is by train, and as we know from Tombc52's spoiler, the train from Liechtenstein involves a change at Zurich and Visp. Teams would have arrived in the evening, with LaKisha/Jennifer scheduled to arrive at 5.34pm. Sunset on 7 Dec is at 4.38pm, so I'd doubt any tasks outside of town for the rest of the first leg. That being said, it seems that there is a task taking place right at the train station itself! More in the next section.

THE LOCAL HOTELS
There seems to have been a task with teams carrying luggage from the train station to hotels around the area. Teams were reportedly running up and down Bahnhofstrasse and Hinterdorfstrasse. Some possible hotels are the Mont Cervin Palace, the Hotel Phoenix and the Hotel Primavera. On another note, production was housed at the Hotel Ambassador, not far from the train station.

THE GLACIERS
Teams were seen performing tasks at Theodulgletscher and Furggsattel. There may have been, on top of the avalanche search task, another task that involved rescuing someone or something from a mountain crevice.

AND ONE MORE LOCATION
This place may have been the Pit Stop, or just a simple Route Marker. Production was seen milling around here for a while, but it's up to you guys to find out what this is!

Map coming soon...

Neobie, East Asian Bureau
(Temporarily transferred to the Europe desk)

Prophet:
Neobie!!  :jam:

That sign says something about the hundreth anniversary of climbing the Matterhorn dedicated in 1990.

milanissimo:
I think it's the  Marmots fountain ...right???
It's located near a church...but I don't remeber the name ..:duno: :duno:

Slowhatch:
Near the Hotel Excelsior.

Prophet:

--- Quote from: Slowhatch on March 02, 2011, 10:03:00 AM ---Near the Hotel Excelsior.

--- End quote ---

We were just waiting for the master.  :bow: :crown

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version