Author Topic: TAR Australia: SPOILERS and LIVE Sightings! Tweets go here *please read post 1*  (Read 164929 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
LIVE sightings go here!  :hearts: Hopefully we will be needing this VERY soon!

If you are posting a tweet, please post the tweet, the tweet time, and either remove or LINK TO the twitter user name. If you remove it, please copy me the name.  For FB posts, please remove the FB name, but please send me the name and link for our records. It is also wise to take a screenshot of any posts you want to see again, they disappear quickly.

Please be kind, and don't all bury the poor unsuspecting twitterer with questions, if you see another RFFer on the job, let them handle it. Rest assured that we try to follow up on all twitters/sightings.

If you are concerned that any info gained from any sighting or tweet may be private or confidential or just "too much too soon", feel free to PM or email me to ask before you post.

If you are bringing us a live sighting, help us as much as you can with WHO (be descriptive, what they look like, is it a male/female team for example, what color they are wearing is helpful) WHAT are they doing, WHERE (as exactly as possible..street? airport gate? be specific!), WHEN (what time zone?, exact time), and any descriptions of the action! Pictures are treasured!

And even though we all get excited, please, once we have a possible location, take the discussion to the Speculation thread and leave the Twitter zone free for incoming info! :ty3:

If you have a spoiler and prefer to share it privately, you can email me, my email is in my profile. Your confidentiality will be respected. You can also PM me once you have a minimum of 5 posts here.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
For the people following: A couple of tweets have started to emerge under the hashtag #amazingraceaus

Something to keep an eye on.

Also- If you feel like wading through gossip about ALL Australian TV shows, http://twitter.com/Juicee_Gossip occasionally has updates on AusTAR, mostly about the hosts.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
Dragging over from spec, thanks to DrRox.

The Amazing Race kicks off http://yfrog.com/5d46fdcj
about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

Posted at 9:33 AM, according to my computer clock.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Why are there only 7 team packs? ???

We are expecting a departure any second, but that looks funny...Why 7 packs?

Packs are normally at the starting line and then on the racers' backs...seems funny??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Why are there only 7 team packs? ???

We are expecting a departure any second, but that looks funny...Why 7 packs?

Packs are normally at the starting line and then on the racers' backs...seems funny??
Could be less teams for Oz version? There are 7 cars clearly visible but if you look on the right, seems to be another car behind it... making it at least 8 cars.
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
All of the cars have similar stickers in the rear window.
Whats this guy doing to the red car?
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Can someone start listing the Twitters please? I'm writing as fast as I can but am missing some. Send me the names in a list please.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
A couple of photos at Melbourne airport of teams and crew posted by XXXX 2:45pm local time:

http://yfrog.com/4jtl1wlj
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 10:45:20 PM by georgiapeach »
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
YAYAY!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gsrqh

• RFF Not So Newbie
OMG, i'm so disappointed.   TAR is filming in Melb and i missed it :'(
Good luck to all competing!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
WHo knows the airport?? Need to figure what flight they are on... Heee...cowboys?

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
WHo knows the airport?? Need to figure what flight they are on... Heee...cowboys?
Take a look at my specualtion post. Its definately an international flight. The orange dressed ground staff would appear to be Jetstar crew? Either Christchurch, New Zealand  or Bali, Indonesia.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
from the pic man:
had to move on but I'd say they fly jetstar :) dept hall is full with teams...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
The choppers are still buzzing, just up on the steps of Rod Laver and saw 12 of them over Government House. Been going all day
24 minutes ago
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
The choppers are still buzzing, just up on the steps of Rod Laver and saw 12 of them over Government House. Been going all day
24 minutes ago
Rod Laver and Albert Park are all very close to the MCG.

Offline ABCKid

• RFF Newbie
  • Previously On The Amazing Race..
Hey everyone, im new to this forum so i dont know how it works so please be patient with me..  :-[

The pics of the MCG were posted on 'The Amazing Race Australia' facebook page..

The other pic is from a tv website called 'TVTonight' and it only shows 7 backpacks.. could this mean only 7 teams.. i hope not!!

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Looks like 11 choppers in total.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
ABCkid!! :welcome2: to RFF and thanks!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
there was a big police operation in flemington before. Its either that or the amazing race filming. Haha

Maybe Flemington (Royal Melbourne Showgrounds?) also? (per Mrs Shrek)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Another twit pic posted. This time in the MCG with teams! A clue box for every team???

http://twitpic.com/3403wz

« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 12:21:17 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
^^edited to embed!
photocredit to s.pearce
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 01:55:10 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ABCKid

• RFF Newbie
  • Previously On The Amazing Race..
i can see 11 clue boxes.. that must mean, 11 teams!! :D YAY!!

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
i can see 11 clue boxes.. that must mean, 11 teams!! :D YAY!!

Looks a bit weird with 11 clue boxes to start the race? Looks like they don't start with a big run to their bags?

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Melbourne Airport is Reality TV Central - Airways is being shot at Terminal 4 and two lots of contestants from The Amazing Race are in T2.
(10 mins ago)

T2 and Jetstar reduces flight options to just JQ 171 to Christchurch and JQ 35 to Denpasar Bali.

Apart from a couple of flights to Singapore and Bali, most early evening international flights on any airline from T2 do seem to be to NZ.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
T2 and Jetstar reduces flight options to just JQ 171 to Christchurch and JQ 35 to Denpasar Bali.

Im going with Christchurch as Air New Zealand has a flight 25 mins after the Jetstar one. Also less costly to fly 11 teams to NZ, also Indonesia is still a little risky as a destination. I don't think this would be a connecting flight since Jetstar are classed as a budget plane and not a "connecting" type of airline.