Author Topic: TAR 17 EP 12 (FINALE) "Hi. I'm sorry. I'm in a Race."  (Read 243130 times)

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 17 EP 12 (FINALE) "Hi. I'm sorry. I'm in a Race."
« Reply #300 on: December 08, 2010, 03:00:26 PM »
Could it be possible that teams are told to search for a specific (and obscure) electronics store in order to pick up their ipad?

Nice idea Danooky! That place that JT are at is obviously the wrong one though. I'm sure there are plenty of Apple stores in the LA area.

Only 5 that I can think of off the top of my head (1 in Manhattan Beach, 3 in LA, 1 in Santa Monica), but none of them look anything like that...

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #301 on: December 08, 2010, 03:06:55 PM »
Any chance of darkening this to see the highway signs in the background?

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #302 on: December 08, 2010, 03:12:34 PM »
Well, if they have to get an iPad from a store, then Brook & Claire are definaltly behind at least one team, remember the empty station I pointed out before?

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #303 on: December 08, 2010, 03:14:02 PM »
I think this is the right spot, the trees match up.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #304 on: December 08, 2010, 03:35:28 PM »

I played around with it some (enlarged, darkened and adjusted contrast), but there's just not enough detail to make out anything more than white blurs on a green sign.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #305 on: December 08, 2010, 04:18:12 PM »

I'd say it's this one.  They are going from Pasadena into the San Fernando Valley:

View Larger Map
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 04:25:19 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline TAR new fan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #306 on: December 08, 2010, 04:40:54 PM »
Could it be possible that teams are told to search for a specific (and obscure) electronics store in order to pick up their ipad?

Nice idea Danooky! That place that JT are at is obviously the wrong one though. I'm sure there are plenty of Apple stores in the LA area.

Only 5 that I can think of off the top of my head (1 in Manhattan Beach, 3 in LA, 1 in Santa Monica), but none of them look anything like that...

I looked at the clip of this again and they are definitely at a tv repair shop, probably not an apple store (I can't imagine them selling refurbished apples here - nothing in the shop front has anything apple and they would probably note something like that.)

around 0:37 in this video (http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/video/?pid=m8_nnA_sZTz4nTkg21qvw2qwW2jkMN30&vs=homepage&play=true) , you can get a clearer shot than the screen cap on here when Thomas is bouncing around. It says "mitsubishi authorized __" for sure, you can see the red mitsubishi 3-prong logo on the left hand side underneath the desk. The other side, as another poster pointed out, says 'Zenith'. There is a flat screen on the counter and a regular tube tv on the counter.
Some computer hard drives in the back.

probably not apple. but definitely something with tv repairs/electronic repairs. I checked yelp for some tv repair shops hoping to get photos of insides of some in LA but I couldn't find any.

Offline BK_amazing_race

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #307 on: December 08, 2010, 05:01:38 PM »
Based off what Brook and Claire said in the preview in their taxi about they could be in first or last, I am assuming that they do not see N/K or J/T for much of the leg.  I bet after the bungee jumping, Brook and Claire don't see the others until the finish.  The empty iPad station also supports the fact that Brook and Claire were not at the memory task at the same time as others.  In the taxi to the finish line, they have no clue if they are in 1st or 3rd maybe because they haven't seen the others.  I would bet that Brook and Claire do not come in 2nd but its hard to say from these previews.  The editing can be completely misleading.

Offline kristin626

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #308 on: December 08, 2010, 05:03:55 PM »
Thanks, Prophet. A tv repair shop (mitsubishi and zenith)?  :cmas5 ???

Random thought, but what if it's not a TV repair place but a motorcycle repair place?  I am pretty sure both Zenith and Mitsubishi do motorcycles...maybe that is why that front office area is so small.  All of the certificates on the wall is what made me think this...usually at shops and stuff they have their ASE Certifications etc up.  I am sure they are still just stopping there because they are lost but maybe we can find a place that does that sort of thing?

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #309 on: December 08, 2010, 06:45:25 PM »
I doubt it, there are VCRs and such lining the back wall.
Quote from: TNF
It says "mitsubishi authorized __" for sure
Nice eye (and  :welcome2:) That's what I was working from this morning. Unfortunately, the database of service providers at the Mitsubishi site is horrible: bad, out-of-date results. And as Chateau and the others have implied: why bother? The location could be anywhere; they need directions to (somewhere), so they popped into the shop and the seated lady in the background is looking up Google Maps or something.

Offline furybaby

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #310 on: December 08, 2010, 06:54:18 PM »
So based on the ss of Nat and Kat running near the final pit stop,
do you think Nat and Kat would win???
Also, it seems that: (typing...)
ALL ofthe teams are having trouble, they look
stressed out, Jill and Thomas plus Nat and Kat
probably got lost and Brooke and Claire is probably stuck on a challenge.
On the promo, it features more of B/C which is very surprising
but who knows, editing is a powerful tool.

:cmas9 Happy Holidays RFF Detectives~!

:xmas110
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 07:05:32 PM by furybaby »
Imperfection is beautiful.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #311 on: December 08, 2010, 06:56:39 PM »
Here is where I think it is on googlemaps

Offline crowlekm

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #312 on: December 08, 2010, 07:00:06 PM »
Sorry I am new to RFF so this comment isnt in the right spot but in the picture of Brooke and Claire (where Brooke talks about the Bungee jump and such) maybe its just me but it looks like Claire was crying before that. I REALLY want a female team to win but they dont look to happy. It does not look like tears of joy. I am hoping Nat and Kat win then. Anyone but J/T. Maybe its just me but what do you guys think?

Offline furybaby

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #313 on: December 08, 2010, 07:09:05 PM »
Also, I'm very surprised that a few more members of TAR has joined <33
Maybe because they're really excited?!
Only time can tell, unfortunately, I can only have acess to finale
on Sunday 12:00am it's on youtube as far as i'm concerned.

SO! Anyways! Welcome NEW RFF MEMBERS! *salut* (lol)

:cow

:hellkitchen
Imperfection is beautiful.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #314 on: December 08, 2010, 07:30:13 PM »
I drove down to Berth 95 (SPQ) to find the viewpoint. The picture below is from the corner of the helipad looking north. There are some container stacks (the only direction you can see them) but there's so much stuff cluttering the view that I doubt the J/T cab shot is there. They're either lost on Terminal Island as Chateau suggests, or they're at the crane site.
This intersection is where the cruise passengers arrive and it's also the terminal for the Catalina ferry. Any decent cabdriver would know how to get there. But the heliport? Finding it might be harder (fewer requests).

Nice Slowhatch!! Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #315 on: December 08, 2010, 07:38:51 PM »
Here is where I think it is on googlemaps

Good work Snooky!!

Starting to work on the promo! Thanks for finding it prophet!

Caps sometime this century!:lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #316 on: December 08, 2010, 07:52:53 PM »
Quick Analysis:
1. No new information, but different angles of the same things.
2. They are running the first FF team to win thing into the ground.
3. The promo gives a lot of attention to Brooke and Claire.
4. The trip to LA is confirmed.

Since they're running the first FF team to win thing into the ground, I suspect that a FF team will win.  However, even if there's a lot of attention given to Brook & Claire (one FF team), I suspect that a different FF team (namely Nat & Kat) win instead.

Belle Book

Offline OC Watcher

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • The Watcher's blog
« Reply #317 on: December 08, 2010, 08:01:26 PM »
I am perpetually in awe of the work done by the sleuths here. I haven't spent the kind of brain time on this that most of you have, but I did have a couple of thoughts/questions:

1. Are we sure that they take a taxi from the Rose Bowl to Greystone Mansion? Is it possible that all of the taxi shots are on the ride from LAX to the harbor? I doubt you can "catch" a taxi at the Rose Bowl unless there is an event there. The producers would have to prearrange for them.

This would also more likely explain Jill & Thomas being lost - especially if Snooky's location of the TV repair shop is correct. LAX to Catalina Ferry is a pretty simple trip, unless the cab driver missed the 47 (easy to do) and ended up in downtown San Pedro.

2. Getting from the Rose Bowl to Greystone is a traffic-riddled bitch of a drive. I'm almost in tears just looking at the map. Should be fun to watch.

3. Is it possible the iPad challenge is somewhere on the mansion grounds and the last run to the finish line is on foot from there?

Offline Lpadres

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #318 on: December 08, 2010, 08:11:34 PM »
I am perpetually in awe of the work done by the sleuths here. I haven't spent the kind of brain time on this that most of you have, but I did have a couple of thoughts/questions:

1. Are we sure that they take a taxi from the Rose Bowl to Greystone Mansion? Is it possible that all of the taxi shots are on the ride from LAX to the harbor? I doubt you can "catch" a taxi at the Rose Bowl unless there is an event there. The producers would have to prearrange for them.

This would also more likely explain Jill & Thomas being lost - especially if Snooky's location of the TV repair shop is correct. LAX to Catalina Ferry is a pretty simple trip, unless the cab driver missed the 47 (easy to do) and ended up in downtown San Pedro.

2. Getting from the Rose Bowl to Greystone is a traffic-riddled bitch of a drive. I'm almost in tears just looking at the map. Should be fun to watch.

3. Is it possible the iPad challenge is somewhere on the mansion grounds and the last run to the finish line is on foot from there?

Id have no doubt that the producers would arrange for taxis there. I wouldnt be suprised the the producers also did a specific route that way some of the teams would definatly be stuck in traffic, adding suspense. And the ipad challenge appears to be in a studio or airplane hanger...unless the mansion has either, i dont think thats what they will do but good thought!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #319 on: December 08, 2010, 08:31:27 PM »
CAPS! Only did the new ones....

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Lpadres

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #320 on: December 08, 2010, 08:37:03 PM »

The following may be incredibly sad due to the fact I am rooting for Nat and Kat and I don't know which ones which:
Nat (Asuming she is the blonde one): Looks like shes talking. This shot has been confirmed to be in the Hong Kong episode. She may be talking about the eating challenge and how it was disgusting.
Kat (not trying to sound racist but assuming she is the asian one): She actually looks somewhat happy. She doesnt look sad at least.
This photo appears to have the background of Greyson park or mansion (ive heard it used both ways). Unfortunatly we cant tell which episode by their clothes because they wore the exact same outfit in Hong Kong and LA. Just though id add my opinion. Btw, im new heer.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 08:41:59 PM by Lpadres »

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
« Reply #321 on: December 08, 2010, 08:42:53 PM »
Claire looks awfully sad in the Confessional where brooke is talking
 :cmas4 :cmas4 :cmas4 :cmas4 :cmas4 :cmas4 :cmas4 :cmas4 :cmas4

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #322 on: December 08, 2010, 08:44:21 PM »
You can always tell who is who by reading from our left...NAT and Kat...so Nat is on the left and Kat on the right, and they will be kept that way in interviews, on the mat, anywhere "official".

:welcome: Lpadres!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Lpadres

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #324 on: December 08, 2010, 08:49:46 PM »
You can always tell who is who by reading from our left...NAT and Kat...so Nat is on the left and Kat on the right, and they will be kept that way in interviews, on the mat, anywhere "official".

:welcome: Lpadres!!
That makes sense! And thank you :cmas20!!!! i love the santas smilies Im just saying...