Author Topic: TAR 17 Ep 9 There's a lot of Nuts and Bullets (Bangladesh)  (Read 92523 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 17 Ep 9 There's a lot of Nuts and Bullets (Bangladesh)
« Reply #200 on: November 18, 2010, 06:53:43 PM »
It's fully possible that it may be an NEL - CBS has learnt to change things after so many years! However, based on all the deductions made for the F4 and F3, I just hope it isnt :P Oh yeah, so it appears that there is a bunching point for the teams, right? I think N/K were pretty far behind all the teams after the leg in Oman. Also I wonder if N/K are in front of the teams when they choose who to U-Turn... I thought they'd be viewed as threats :P

This is what I was saying and what several others have expressed, that the W-turn is giving teams a chance and making it fair. Besides what we may want, I think that it is logical to have an elimination because of the W-turn.
The silly thing is that it really doesn't matter if it is or not, we know that C/S will go next. Whether it is this leg or next is irrelevant, it is simply a debate to have since we don't have much other material about this leg.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #201 on: November 18, 2010, 06:56:18 PM »
It's fully possible that it may be an NEL - CBS has learnt to change things after so many years! However, based on all the deductions made for the F4 and F3, I just hope it isnt :P Oh yeah, so it appears that there is a bunching point for the teams, right? I think N/K were pretty far behind all the teams after the leg in Oman. Also I wonder if N/K are in front of the teams when they choose who to U-Turn... I thought they'd be viewed as threats :P

I thought so too. Since Nick & Vicki have admitted they are the strongest and the smartest team. (or one of the strongest).

I think you're right about Nat & Kat being ahead of Nick & Vicki at least (or even in 1st place) at the point when the U-Turn comes into play this next leg. Otherwise Nick & Vicki would have U-Turned them.

P.S I just realised why other RFFers use the term 'W-Turn'. :-[
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 06:59:33 PM by AmazingRace »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #202 on: November 18, 2010, 07:01:10 PM »
P.S I just realised why other RFFers use the term 'W-Turn'. :-[

b\c "double U-Turn" sounds like W-Turn. Sort of like text language.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 07:29:16 PM by the-pr0phet »

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #203 on: November 18, 2010, 07:27:38 PM »
With all the teams being at the RB at the same time, there really must be a HoO. That is the only way that Nat and Kat could catch up.

As far as the NEL......I personally could give a rat's anatomy whether it is Leg 9 or 10. Leg 10 has been the standard pattern, since they went to 12 leg races. But the NELs this race have all been earlier than before. Hence my thoughts on why it's the next one, coupled with the new U turn. Plus it makes good numerology.....3,6,9

Now I will just wait till Sunday to see what happens......
Matthew 7:15

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #204 on: November 18, 2010, 07:31:49 PM »
With all the teams being at the RB at the same time, there really must be a HoO. That is the only way that Nat and Kat could catch up.

As far as the NEL......I personally could give a rat's anatomy whether it is Leg 9 or 10. Leg 10 has been the standard pattern, since they went to 12 leg races. But the NELs this race have all been earlier than before. Hence my thoughts on why it's the next one, coupled with the new U turn. Plus it makes good numerology.....3,6,9

Now I will just wait till Sunday to see what happens......

True, everyone has an opinion and good ideas for why this could be a NEL or not. On one hand I would prefer to see one since it would be a different touch. I can also see how it could be a let down after the fight between the U-turned teams.

We should probably move this discussion on to another topic in this episode.

Offline furybaby

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #205 on: November 18, 2010, 08:25:48 PM »
         :nm:
Although I'm fine with a NEL,
I'd prefer to be elimination because of the W-turn
of course if it is a NEL, then the suuspense of who will be
 eliminated and end in last place will be gone..

:boot:
Imperfection is beautiful.

Offline eamon_smith89

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #206 on: November 18, 2010, 11:46:19 PM »
In Bangladesh, it is an elimination leg. During in Hong Kong, is a final non elimination leg and finally top 3 will be revealed during the race in Seoul. The final three will bring a great competition between the finalist, and the winner in this season is going to be memorable to the race history.

p/s: Just enjoy the show. =) 

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #207 on: November 18, 2010, 11:57:46 PM »
In Bangladesh, it is an elimination leg. During in Hong Kong, is a final non elimination leg and finally top 3 will be revealed during the race in Seoul. The final three will bring a great competition between the finalist, and the winner in this season is going to be memorable to the race history.

p/s: Just enjoy the show. =) 

If you say so

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #208 on: November 19, 2010, 08:00:33 AM »
Sorry :ascared

No need to be sorry! It was a great find, good job milannissimo!   :tup:  Bravo!   :<3
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Redhawk23

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #209 on: November 19, 2010, 11:58:22 AM »
I still think there may be a possibility for a double leg instead of a NEL. It was like in season 14 with the final four? I'd think it'd be more dramatic if the W-turned teams were fighting for last only to get to Phil and him saying that the leg isn't over and everyone was still racing. It'd still put them in horrible placing compared to the other teams but they'd still have a shot. I think that might be more life draining for the teams if it were that way...

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #210 on: November 19, 2010, 12:05:17 PM »
I still think there may be a possibility for a double leg instead of a NEL. It was like in season 14 with the final four? I'd think it'd be more dramatic if the W-turned teams were fighting for last only to get to Phil and him saying that the leg isn't over and everyone was still racing. It'd still put them in horrible placing compared to the other teams but they'd still have a shot. I think that might be more life draining for the teams if it were that way...

I think that would be a good touch as well, however unfortunately we have already covered that idea and it is impossible.
If you visit the timeline thread woden has the legs all there with their dates. These have been proven to be accurate by a CBS press release that ID'd the date of the final episode as Dec 12. 

Offline Redhawk23

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #211 on: November 19, 2010, 12:20:26 PM »
Oh...wishful thinking then...I think I just like double legs too much, sorry about that.

Offline spolarium

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #212 on: November 19, 2010, 09:02:11 PM »
So It's definite now that JILL and THOMAs Uturned Brook and claire..

"We have to Uturn them Theyre behind us" -- Nick

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #213 on: November 20, 2010, 01:07:10 AM »
"Hey RACE fans, just a reminder that CBS has an NFL doubleheader this Sunday. Our start time may be delayed in some markets, but we’ll still be racing. Check back here early Sunday evening for exact start time."  :(

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #214 on: November 20, 2010, 04:39:57 AM »
Except for New Orleans and St. Louis markets where a local blackout rule is in effect, the entire country is getting the one late game for the CBS doubleheader. (Indianapolis v. New England (better known as Peyton v. Brady)

Not sure whether those two markets will get the primetime schedule on time or will wait for the rest of the country that gets the east coast feed, but that's about it for scheduling issues.  As soon as I get a CBS Eye-lert Sunday evening, I'll pass the information on.
-- theschnauzers

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #215 on: November 20, 2010, 07:02:05 AM »
Also relevant for the start time is the fact that there are NO other AFC games that could be televised in the 4pm time slot. All other AFC games on Sunday are at 1pm. This means there will be no potential delay after the completion of Colts vs. Patriots in the vicinity of 7pm EST.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #216 on: November 20, 2010, 07:42:27 AM »
Also relevant for the start time is the fact that there are NO other AFC games that could be televised in the 4pm time slot. All other AFC games on Sunday are at 1pm. This means there will be no potential delay after the completion of Colts vs. Patriots in the vicinity of 7pm EST.

Good point, a few weeks ago after Colts/Eagles we had to watch overtime of Chiefs/Raiders before 60 minutes even began.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #217 on: November 20, 2010, 02:53:05 PM »
ashkip, there's no guarantee that even in regulation time, the Indianapolis-New England game will finish by 7:00 pm ET -- The game doesn't start until 4:15, and games that are completed in 2 hours, 45 minutes are rare.
-- theschnauzers

Offline interludes

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #218 on: November 20, 2010, 03:44:49 PM »
ashkip, there's no guarantee that even in regulation time, the Indianapolis-New England game will finish by 7:00 pm ET -- The game doesn't start until 4:15, and games that are completed in 2 hours, 45 minutes are rare.

I think she was just pointing out the fact that CBS couldn't show the end of any other games after Colts/Pats no matter what time it ends because there aren't any at that time.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #219 on: November 20, 2010, 06:08:37 PM »
Let's put any further actual eye-alerts or delay notifications into the SHOW thread? Thanks for keeping us updated!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #220 on: November 21, 2010, 03:06:42 PM »
We should have had another promo by now...can someone take a look around please?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #221 on: November 21, 2010, 03:09:21 PM »
We should have had another promo by now...can someone take a look around please?

there's not always a 3rd promo

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #222 on: November 21, 2010, 03:16:08 PM »
I've had CBS on since "The NFL Today" came on this morning, and I haven't seen any promos for TAR that was more than 10 seconds, and those appear to be ones we've seen.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #223 on: November 21, 2010, 03:16:54 PM »
Thanks schnauzers!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline kim05

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #224 on: November 21, 2010, 03:41:14 PM »
Quick question....we haven't had a u-turn on the race so far, right?  If we have, we can go back and watch to see the profile pics they are using.