Author Topic: Celebrity Apprentice 4  (Read 28853 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Celebrity Apprentice 4
« on: October 13, 2010, 11:30:29 AM »
From today's New York Post:

Trump's newest celebs

By AMANDA MELILLO

Last Updated: 11:49 AM, October 13, 2010

Donald Trump's ratings-challenged show "The Apprentice" may get a shot in the arm with the upcoming season of spinoff "Celebrity Apprentice."

Actress and reality star Lisa Rinna and Grammy-winning singer Dionne Warwick are slated to begin filming the new season next week.

Rinna made the switch to reality TV after her "Melrose Place" days with her new TV Land show "Harry Loves Lisa" and was a contestant in the second season of "Dancing With the Stars."

Star Jones, who had a short-lived show on TruTV after her contentious departure from her co-host chair on "The View," is also rumored to be coming to the boardroom this season.

Others reportedly showing up this season are Sugar Ray's lead singer Mark McGrath and La Toya Jackson, who previously appeared on the British "Celebrity Big Brother."

Ratings for "The Apprentice" have dwindled from a series high the first season in 2004, with over 20 million tuning in, to an audience one-fourth the size for the current season.

However, seasons of "The Celebrity Apprentice" have seen an audience boost.

Celebs -- who complete in tasks ranging from selling hot dogs and cupcakes to creating viral marketing strategies -- compete on the show to raise money for charity.

Former winners include Piers Morgan, who is set to take over for Larry King when he retires, comedienne Joan Rivers and "Rock of Love" star Bret Michaels.

The upcoming season is set to air next year.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/trump_newest_celebs_QEd60rhahDlxZ4sdTlH7wM#ixzz12FzgrNnx

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Survivor: San Juan del Sur premieres Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8/7C on CBS
The Amazing Race 25 premieres Friday, September 26, 2014 8/7C on CBS

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: Celebrity Apprentice 4
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 10:34:58 PM »
I think this will be a great mix of people!  :wohoo:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 09:33:41 PM »
    :hearts: :jumpy: :hearts: :jumpy:

:hearts: :jumpy: :hearts: :jumpy:

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 12:48:33 PM »
Thanks Kacper! Can't wait!  :wohoo:

Offline timmwks

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 12:24:28 AM »
can't wait for the new season in march  :yess:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 08:46:51 PM »
YAY!! I can't wait for the new season!!!
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 10:33:11 AM »
Preview Video:

This is a pretty diverse cast.  Should be a good season.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 10:36:19 AM by chill_sd »

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 11:25:01 AM »
OHHH i cant wait till  CRAZYTOWN starts! :lolmao:

Wonder if they will have a medic on standby along with a rehab councelor and a referee! :meow:
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2011, 01:45:38 PM »
There is a 2 hour premiere tonight on NBC at 9pm when The Amazing Race is finished. That will be repeated on CNBC on Friday night.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 10:30:31 AM »
I think Trump made the wrong decision, but he's showed in the past that if he thinks you're not putting up enough of a fight, you'll be fired.

I was surprised by how poorly the men performed on this task.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 11:14:28 AM »
I was disappointed by Trump to be honest. David Cassidy was bullied on the show. First by Hatch and then verbally by Trump. It was so clear to me that David was going to be fired but he was also demeaned because he is smaller in stature than Jose and Hatch and that was also used against him. People on Apprentice need to speak up and if it means talking over someone then they need to do it because otherwise Trump will run over you with a steamroller. Trump kept Richard for the drama and controversy. I get it, I just didn't like how the firing was handled.

That said, I thought the guys did much better with their pizza store. They were happy, the customers were happy while the women closed their store early. They also failed to make their deliveries which cost them $35,000.

I hope the season gets better. I wish Trump would not start the infighting when the teams are in the board room way before either side is told who actually won.

Gary Busey is going to be fun to watch. NeNe Leakes, not so much.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2011, 01:54:14 PM »
I agree with you completely TL.  When I mentioned the men's poor performance I was referring to the money raised.  They really did do the best job of running the store.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 10:45:34 AM »
This fourth season of Celebrity Apprentice opened with Donald Trump greeting the 16 celebrities at Radio City Music Hall. He announced that men versus women has proven to be the most cut-throat and interesting format and that Don Jr. and Ivanka will be his Boardroom Advisors. He told the teams to go back to their quarters and develop a name and choose their first Project Manager (P.M.). The men chose Backbone, the women chose Artists, Singers and Authors with a Purpose (ASAP), which Marlee Matlin embellished with its sign language. She had her own interpreter Jeb to help her "hear" and to "talk" back.  Richard Hatch volunteered to be the P.M. and someone nominated Star Jones, she was approved unanimously and agreed to that responsibility. Typically the first Celebrity Apprentice project is the riskiest because other teammates have not been calibrated yet, but the money brought in is much larger than other episodes until the semifinals. Richard's charity was Grass Roots Soccer, created by another Survivor winner Ethan Zohn who came to draw a crowd for Backbone as did David Cassidy's daughter, a current star on Gossip Girls.

Both teams returned to the Boardroom to learn that their project was to make and sell pizza. ASAP was offered a choice of a midtown theater district location at 50th Street and 8th Avenue while Backbone got one near NYU in Greenwich Village. Each team was given a delivery vehicle. Richard Hatch immediately made an executive decision that Backbone would not deliver as far north as midtown. It was clear that calling in favors from everyone the team members knew in New York City would be key to maximizing their revenue, so both teams started out on phones working their Rolodex files. They were also given training in all phases of pizza production from making the dough, rolling the dough, weighing a dough ball, smearing tomato sauce, adding cheese and toppings, working the pizza oven and cutting the finished pizza.

Conflicts arose quickly on Backbone. Richard's leadership was a bit dictatorial and this did not sit well with his teammates. In particular, Richard cut David off twice, lightly brushing him with his arm, which was witnessed in brooding silence by Jose Canseco. Star was a little more collegial, but she did not appreciate alternate viewpoints, particularly from Lisa Rinna. Lisa did not voice her opinions except to the camera, about the worthlessness of Star's printed small posters.  The primary division of responsibilities was most of the time as follows:
Cashier - Meat Loaf; Dionne Warwick (who was just plain slow but would not allow Star to replace her)
Pizza Prep - Jose and David; ? for women
Pizza Chef - ? for men; Nikki Taylor
Marketing - John Rich (effective with his guitar), Lil Jon, Gary Busey (who donned a costume and became the Pepperoni Prophet); Star Jones      
Delivery - some of the above; Marlee and Lisa

Ivanka visited Backbone and Don Jr. visited ASAP, both finding teams working cohesively. Celebrity chef Curtis Stone was sent in to samle each pizza and choose a winner of "a substantial check." ASAP won this contest and Curtis told Star she had to deliver 8 pizzas to the Chelsea firehouse station to collect and be able to count that check. Star was running out of pizza raw materials and had gotten an order from a personal friend for 40 pizzas at $1000 each, which had delivery priority. She got that changed to a huge pizza for $40,000 and the delivery team got that done, but they could not reach the Chelsea firehouse in the 25 minutes before the time period for the contest expired.

The teams assembled in the Boardroom to submit to Donald Trump's probing questions designed to bring out interpersonal conflicts and find out who the best and worst contributors were and how the Project Managers were viewed by their teams. He quickly discovered conflict between David and Jose versus Richard over the physical contact and peremptive style issues. David had the unwanted focus on having taken frequent smoke breaks while other were working, although once it was also to call his daughter and invite her to come and support his team with a donation and her presence. The women got off easy. Star learned that the check she had not been able to capture was from Famiglia, the pizza chain in whose stores this contest had been held, for $35,000. Donald Trump termed this lost money "blown".

Trump then asked Ivanka to reveal the money brought in by Backbone, which was $54,104. ASAP brought in $115,868 even without the $35,000. It was clear that even without Star Jones' $40,000 pizza the women had raised enough to win. Star got the total of $171K for her charity the American Heart Association. She said she had life-saving open-heart surgery about 7 months before Celebrity Apprentice. I personally know how she feels, as the American Heart Association is the one charity I work on behalf of. Trump asked who Star felt was the best performer on ASAP. Without hesitation she said Nikki. Trump directed the $35,000 Famiglia check to Nikki's charity, the American Red Cross.

Next ASAP was excused to watch the closed circuit monitor in their quarters. It came down to Richard choosing Jose and David to join him in the Boardroom. Jose supported David and sort of acted as his shield. That had its problems, as Trump got the impression that David was a wimp, something Richard encouraged. Richard did apologize for having inadvertently touched David. Trump correctly inferred a major hatred between Jose and Richard, which would be good to continue in future episodes. Although in these situations the losing PM gets the boot, not here. Trump fired David Cassidy who basically said that overt demonstrations of macho is what Trump apparently wants.  

The interesting question is whether the women "shot their wad" too soon by using up such high-value contacts when it wasn't really necessary to win (although you are shooting blind). I think they went overboard by not saving some of that money for later tasks. However, the counter-argument was provided by Trump firing a Playboy bunny in a previous season who refused to solicit Hugh Hefner.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 01:02:30 PM by apskip »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 07:11:49 PM »
Richard Hatch gets 9 months in prison, will miss Celebrity Apprentice finale

Read the whole story from Andy Dehnart here:

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor/2011_Mar_11_hatch_new_sentence

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2011, 10:52:55 AM »
CA4, Ep. 2

Star Jones is shown delivering to her cardiologist a check for $169,732 that she won for the American Heart Association as the episode 1 winning PM.

Donald Trump assembled the teams to announce the next project, writing a book to be read by 4 and 5 year olds and presenting in a performance to a selected audience of them. The criteria for deciding which team wins was originality of the book, the on-stage performance and appropriateness to the target age group. The book had to be about one teams member. Backbone chose Meat Loaf as its PM and ASAP (with NeNe Leaskes stating on camera that this was a move to get rid of Lisa) chose Lisa Rinna. The judges were Holly Robinson-Peete and Marjorie Highland (who also served briefly as a consultant to both teams).

The teams dove in to share overall concepts. The men seemed to be able to share their ideas without pride of authorship getting in the way. The women had a battle between Dionne and Marlee over how advanced it should be on diversity and spotlighting sign language for deaf people. Some thought the concepts would be too advanced for 4/5 year olds. Hope, with several young children, expressed concern that the word "shy" is too advanced. Marlee pleaded with Lisa to "tell me what to do" and NeNe referred to Dionne essentially as a 70 year old autocrat. In the Boardroom later Trump asked Marlee if she regarded Dionne to be a music LEGEND. Marlee got the best line of the night with "I have no idea, Mr. Trump, I'm deaf." The focal point of the women's story was La Toya as The Lion in "Why can't I roar?" Don Jr. was concerned that this approach would get low originality marks due to similarity to The Wizard of Oz. Lisa failed to step in and settle these turf disputes, but later she did make a decision on not giving Dionne and Star credit on the cover. I think Lisa was right, but Star and Dionne continued sniping at her.

The women delegated writing of the book, selection of fonts and book graphics to Star Jones as they went off to gather and move props, get costumed and rehearse their performance. Lisa allowed Star to micromanage those the book. The story and graphics were fine, but the text was in tiny font not appropriate for children.

The men had primary contributions from John Rich (using his Country Western simple lyrics approach), Gary Busey and Mark McGrath. The focal point of their story was around Lil Jon. Jose was upset that his skills as an author had been completely ignored. Meat Loaf got incorrect information on where the proper place to deliver the props was, which annoyed Jose and Gary.

Eric visited Backbone and viewed conflict between Meat Loaf and Gary. Don Jr. visited ASAP and witnessed Dionne openly challenging Lisa's leadership. The key for Backbone was going to be Jose's ability to memorize and deliver his lines. Jose and Richard were costumed as females for comic relief.

The ASAP performance began with Donald Jr. and Eric in the audience with their families. ASAP had Lisa as narrator showing the pages of the book to the audience as she read it. This was very effective. Marlee was on stage doing the sign language version so that children would get some exposure to that. The women's performance was good in my opinion.

The men's performance was weaker, but the men's book was superior. Their theme had more impact on 4/5 year olds. Their fonts were large and easily readable. Their graphics were as good as the men. Plus, they had a more original concept. Still, it was not a slam-dunk on who won.

Trump played with several of the celebrities as the Boardroom started. NeNe stated that Lisa had no control over the group (true). Dionne said some important things were forgotten (but if so, she and Star were more responsible for that than Lisa). Star said that Lisa had a big voice and big attitude. Trump asked fewer questions of Backbone.

Trump announced that Backbone had won a major victory. The women had screwed up on using concepts not appropriate for 4/5 year olds and having a small font. The men had done some scary things like confetti at the end, but it was their book that won it for them.   Meat Loaf was going to present $20,000 plus the profits from the men's book to his charity, Painted Turtle. The men were excused to watch the next segment of the boardroom from the comfort of their suite.

Marlee spoke up to support Lisa, but none of the others (Hope, Niki, LaToya) stepped up. Lisa selected the obvious Star and Dionne to join her in the final Boardroom. They came out swinging and she had a more restrained approach. Donald Trump pointed out that she was not making a strong case, as she seemed constrained by the realities. I believe he has no interest in those realities favoring a person's case if they they do not aggressively fight for it. Lisa was not doing so, so he fired her. I think Dionne should have gone home.  
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 01:03:23 PM by apskip »

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2011, 11:41:41 AM »
Excellent analysis, apskip.  I agree with your final statement also, Dionne should have been the person fired.

It's shameful that the women were able to torpedo Lisa that way.  But nothing will change unless The Donald actually watches what goes on during the challenges.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2011, 01:50:38 PM »
Thanks, chill_sd. However, I think the key to improvement of this show is in Donald Trump abandoning his belief that combative fighting is what should be rewarded.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2011, 12:27:49 PM »
CELEBRITY APPRENTICE  4, Ep. 3
Meat Loaf was shown presenting a check to his charity the Painted Turtle, which is a camp for seriously ill children.

This episode’s task was about the business Camping World to show off on adjacent outdoor plazas in Madison Square Park, New York City. The winning PM will get $20,000. There is a choice between a low-end and a high-end Recreational Vehicle (RV) or two mid-value RVs that could be customized with the available $5000 for that. Backbone nominated Gary Busey as PM for his charity Center for head Injury Services. ASAP nominated Niki Taylor as PM. The CEO of Camping World Marcus Lemonis would be judging teams on originality, brand messaging and overall presentation. Marcus is clear with the teams that this challenge is about promoting Camping World, not the RV lifestyle. The women claim they knew the guys would go with the larger RV, so they focused on ones that were more homey and family-oriented. The negotiation went smoothly as both teams got what they wanted

There was dissension on Backbone between Gary and Lil John over the non-leadership style Gary is using. Jose is causing trouble and John Rich is trying to write a Camping World
song to accompany their presentation to Marcus. Both teams visited Camping World’s outdoor store. The women were spending money on all sorts of interior décor, with one room the responsibility of each member of ASAP. The men left plenty of funds for their exterior space for trees, shrubs and Astro-Turf carpet. Gary nearly ran out of money by allowing Richard and Mark to duplicate their efforts and Gary had a convenient memory loss when Mark reminded him of his commitment on shrubs.

Gary did individualize his managerial approach to his teammates. Some of them saw this as anarchy, with no demonstrated leadership. Others went with the flow. Gary and Jose hung out together and played catch with baseball gloves and a hardball. When Gary was showing no leadership, John Rich carried a 150 pound generator that needed to be set up to its rightful place. It weighed almost as much as he does.

On ASAP the main issue was getting more interior décor purchased that night so it was all in place without scurrying the next morning. Niki directed where to go and what to buy, including balloons in a range of bright colors. Niki kept making the mistake of referring to a 20th century experience, not realizing that that took us back at least 11 years. When corrected, she got a laugh for: “This is the 21st century for a hundred years. It’s gonna be the 21st century for the rest of our lives!”

Ivanka showed up at the Backbone RV site and was told my Gary that his approach was LUCKY and “L-U-C-K-Y stands for Living Under Correct Knowledge Yearly.” The sad thing is that he really believes that. Niki came up with “it’s tough to have Star on your team” as her best line.

Don Jr. came to visit ASAP. Don asked if there were any issues with team members; Niki said no. Don asked if they don’t win, does that mean it’s Niki’s fault? Niki stated, “It’s probably my fault.” Don believed that the women are all together now, but when they come into the Boardroom it would be different. We’ll see. He next asked Marlee who was the weak link on ASAP.  Marlee responded that Dionne has been hanging around and was not very proactive, doing only what she was asked to do. Niki had a minor run-in during the tour period with Dionne.

Entry to the site by the public was opened. Visitors could see that the women achieved their goal on interior décor, but they had almost no exterior decoration. Their signage was minimal and poorly positioned on the periphery of the space. Marcus came by for an inspection tour and he appreciated the product knowledge that LaToya had developed on her tour of the units back at Camping World headquarters.

The men had an outstanding exterior space, with comfortable chairs, Astro-Turf, trees and shrubs (Nikki was jealous because she had not thought of several of those). Their interior décor was rated as “what you get when you let men handle it.” Their signage was significant and well-positioned. They had John Rich out front on guitar performing his song.

Donald Trump got a private assessment from Marcus. He learned that ASAP had done great interiors but had poor signage and forgot about the exterior. For the men it was pretty much exactly the opposite. So which team won? As always, you must wait for The Donald to enlighten you.

Next it was Boardroom time. Trump went through his usual “how well did the PM do?” type of questions. It was clear that there were some negative opinions of both PMs. Lil Jon, Mark and Richard were all pretty vocal against Gary’s style of leadership.  Gary says Marlee sent him to see her doctor, the head of the Hearing Foundation, who made him two hearing aids because apparently he was only able to use 40 percent of his hearing and he had been legally deaf because of the accident that caused his brain damage.  

Trump asked about John’s song, so Meat Loaf went to get the guitar so John could play it for Trump. Trump asked Niki if, on hearing the song, it changes her assessment of the probability of ASAP victory. She said it didn’t.  Star volunteered that it didn’t because ASAP was superior in brand messaging.

It’s getting late, so Trump finally has to reveal the winning team. It’s the men. Gary and team joyously retreat out of the Boardroom. Niki is left holding the bag. She actually deserved it because it was her decisions to minimize exterior décor and signage by not paying proper attention to them and spending all the money on interior décor. Although Dionne was available as a scapegoat, Niki was too decent to try to throw anyone under the bus. She stated that her entire team had worked hard and did what she asked them to. She elected to go down like the captain of a sinking ship, with great dignity. Trump admired that greatly, but he did have to fire her.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 01:04:41 PM by apskip »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2011, 12:34:59 PM »
So far, the men have more fun with their tasks and even with bad managers they pull it out. I was touched by Gary being helped by Marlee because she recognized that he had a hearing problem and got him help.

Marlee looks like someone who has a lot of potential yet she flies under the radar. I look for her to emerge as one of the finalists this year.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2011, 09:02:58 AM »
CA4, Ep. 4

This episode started with Gary Busey delivering a check from Donald Trump to Donna Gunning, head of the Center for Head Injury Services which had aided his recovery from a motorcycle accident head injury in 1988.

Trump introduced Gary Provinzano and Mike Cupisz of ACN, which is introducing its new videophone and wants Backbone and ASAP to develop a 30 second commercial which will act as product placement on the show. It is supposed to have high emotional content. It will be judged on originality/creativity, brand messaging and their presentation accompanying their commercial. Decisions on which one will win were to be made by a convention of 450 ACN executives. Trump asked who the PMs are. It was Lil John for the men and NeNe for the women. The winner will get $20,000 from Trump for their charity plus another $20,000 from ACN.

Lil Jon quickly established his objective of being cutting edge, taking risks and being “out of the box”. He was willing to forgo the emotional appeal to get big-time humor. The women took a more conventional approach using Marlee and Dionne to supplement the hired actors.

Delegation of tasks became an important measure of the PM’s achievement.  NeNe has Hope and Dionne going for props, LaToya doing time-keeping and Marlee, Star and herself as the brain trust acting in, directing and doing the presentation of the commercial to the audience. At the start of the evening editing of the commercial, Dionne was tired and elected to leave without getting the approval of NeNe, although NeNe appeared happy to see her go. LaToya was criticized by NeNe for doing a poor job of time-keeping, although I could not verify that through the clips shown. It looked to me that NeNe just wanted to establish a scapegoat for the possibility that ASAP would lose.

The mens' commercial hinged on displaying a male gay relationship in Argentina and Jose was the designated comic with his single line “Hola.” It was truly over-the-top and made Lil John proud.

The presentation happened and NeNe greeted the audience, then turned it over to Star.  For Backbone, Lil Jon handled both roles with aplomb. The ASAP commercial was truly very good and heartfelt. The Backbone commercial was everything Lil Jon hoped for and he emphasized its potential to go viral on the Internet. There was audience support for both, but of course Trump got the specifics of the vote and withheld it until after he could play with both teams.

In the boardroom, Backbone stood by their commercial and Lil Jon could not name any weak links nor would any of his team criticize him. ASAP fractured a little, with NeNe going after both LaToya and Dionne. LaToya vigorously defended that she had the limited role she was given well despite having eye problems from recent LASIK surgery. Dionne also fought hard to counter the charge that she had abandoned her team. In fact they had not needed and probably not wanted her to help with the editing, but that was not the way it was pitched to Trump.

The vote came out 53% for Backbone’s commercial and 47% for ASAP’s although the ACN executives voting thought both were in act excellent. Lil John won $40,000 for the United Methodist Children’s Home.

Trump focused on the team dissension and looked for the person causing it but there were multiple candidates. Trump stopped that focus on the past and asked Marlee who will not contribute in the future. She said LaToya, but Trump then asked NeNe, who answered Dionne because she left during the task. NeNe used the word “babysitting.” Ivanka stated that people needed to be in the editing room for team cohesiveness, not because they were really needed.

Trump asked Dionne who he should fire. She said he should fire her. Trump says that she is quitting and accuses her of having a chip on her shoulder. Star interrupted to say that not being able to work for her goal to support her charity was abhorrent to her. Trump ended the suspense and fired Dionne. Trump said that “Dionne looked me in the eye and challenged me to fire her and nobody gets away with that.”

NeNe got off the hook as the project manager who would normally have been fired in those circumstances.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 01:05:55 PM by apskip »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2011, 10:10:25 AM »
CA4, Ep. 5

The task of this episode was a Celebrity Art Auction and the members of Backbone and
ASAP creating their own works of art to sell in their own galleries. Including  each designing a baseball cap for New Era. The person with the best hat design will win $25,000 for their charity. John Rich was named PM along with Marlee Matlin. George Ross and Donald Jr. were the observers.

Jose Canseco had doubts about this task and met with Donald Trump to tell him that his father  battling cancer needed him to be there. Jose wanted to leave the competition to be with him. Donald Trump wished him well and said he would donate $25,000 to his charity. This made the imbalance between Backbone and ASAP only 1 team member.

Meat Loaf lost it when he thought Gary had stolen some of his art supplies, causing a major confrontation. John Rich found the supplies where Meat Loaf had misplaced then and defused it with finesse. Meat Loaf later apologized to Gary for his behavior.

As the first buyers materialized, some of the artwork went for $1000 to $50,000. As example was a Gary Busey painting of a bison for $5K. ASAP had total phone-ins of $150,000 at one point. Then Star  Jones, who was manning the phone and fax line and transcribing sales into the accounting record, stated that things got scary. Three $99,000 (the largest amount that could be handled by phone/fax) sales came in together. John Rich had an autographed Gibson Apprentice guitar that sold for $470,000.

Sopranos actor Federico Cartelucci, also a serious artist himself, was sent in by Donald Trump to determine the winner of a special prize based on the best hat. Trump early in the Boardroom revealed that the winner of $25,000 for her charity AIDS Project of Los Angeles was LoToya Jackson. Backbone ended their auction by selling out their entire inventory of art.

Donald Trump played his usual games, asking the Backbone PM who were the best artists on his team. John said that Meat Loaf and Lil Jon were. A review of the Meat Loaf vs. Gary confrontation indicated that Meat Loaf lost his temper and failed to follow the dictates of anger management training. John stated that he defused the situation by reminding Meat Loaf that their goal was to pull together to raise money for charity.
Others on Backbone had their opinion solicited. Mark stated that John was one fine Project Manager and human being. John had used all his Nashville connections to bring in the only big bucks for Backbone.

ASAP then got its turn in the barrel. Both Star and LaToya praised Marlee for her leadership, particularly for using her contacts to raise a huge amount of money. LaToya donated a shirt owned and autographed by her brother Michael Jackson that she had kept with her since his death. It was one of the items which sold for $99K.

The charity Marlee was playing for was a foundation in Minnesota providing hearing aids to Third World countries. John Rich’s charity was the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Trump stated that an amazing amount of money was  raised, more than in any prior season of Celebrity Apprentice or regular Apprentice.  He cited his own book “The Art of the Deal.” He asked John and Marlee if they were willing to forgo the right to win everything raised and allow the other PM to keep his or her share. They agreed to do this. That proved to be very generous of Marlee, whose team had raised $986K versus $627K for Backbone. Trump told her he would pitch in $14K so that she could donate an even $1 million. The total raised for those 3 charities was $1.64 million. Incredible!

Trump invited the women to stay in the Boardroom, as he needed them for something. He offered them the opportunity to allow the losing team to not have someone fired since Backbone had done so well. Marlee caucused with her team and the answer was no, go ahead and fire somebody. They felt the sting of their prior 3 consecutive losses and knew that more manpower for the men weakened ASAP’s chance of future victory.

Trump next asked John to identify Backbone’s weakest link. John said that if the criteria were money raised, which he thought it should be, then Richard Hatch raised the least money (maybe $7000 versus about $15,000 each for several others). ASAP was polled to voice their opinion on who should be fired. Hope said Richard and Star said Richard.

Trump then asked John who was the weakest link on non-money terms. John did not hesitate to nominate Gary because Gary is not a team player capable of focusing for 2 solid days at 16 hours per day. Donald Jr. Added that he listened to Gary explain to him something that should have taken seconds for over 5 minutes. Marlee jumped in to praise Gary based on the out-of-the-box thinking he brings. She said that Richard should be fired.

Trump was just playing all of them. He promptly fired Richard, who regretted that his strengths would no longer be available to his team.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 01:07:04 PM by apskip »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2011, 06:16:14 AM »
It's time for one of my fearless prognostications, a bit earlier than usual but warranted by the money-raising performance results from Episode 5. I see Marlee Matlin and John Rich making it to the final 2. I think Star Jones is going a long way, maybe to #3 and Lil John to #4.

On Backbone, in spite of their wins as Project Managers neither Gary Busey nor Meat Loaf is going anywhere except elimination in some of the next 4 episodes. Hope and NeNe will join them. That leaves only LaToya and Mark McGrath not accounted for. I see them going out as #5 or #6.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2011, 12:37:52 PM »
I agree with Marlee as a finalist and though I hadn't thought about it, John Rich could well be in the final 2 as well. I also agree with your other fearless prognostications regarding Star Jones and Lil John.

NeNe is the Omorosa of this season. She's loud, obnoxious and annoying. Her claim to the 15 minutes of fame is her appearance on Real Housewives of Atlanta and on the late night show "Watch What Happens" on Bravo.

In a way, I think Celebrity Apprentice has jumped the shark. the focus isn't on anything but raising money and that is becoming boring. Celebrities should be able to raise money because of their celebrity, that isn't really an ability that merits the title. I also did not like Marlee sheltering Gary Busey, he isn't on her team and the men know he is a detriment which strengthens the woman and weakens the men's team.  

I hope Trump puts Busey on the women's team, let them deal with him.  :yess:

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2011, 10:00:36 PM »
One of the all-time business scum bums, Stephen Hilbert, was featured on this past week's episode as the CEO of Austrailan Gold.  If you google him, you'll see lots of shady stuff, including some dealings with Donald Trump and NY's G.M. building years ago.

But my favorite  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: is the story about how he met his wife who was also on the show.

Stephen C. Hilbert, Conseco's chairman -- who met his sixth and current wife, Tomisue, when she leaped out of a cake at his stepson's 21st birthday party

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/26/business/poof-34-million-vanishes-on-broadway.html?scp=2&sq=tomisue cake&st=cse&pagewanted=2

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2011, 08:58:49 PM »
CA4, Ep. 6

The task was to, on a cold winter morning, present Australian Gold sunscreen and body lotion products in a meaningful way to highlight the theme “Live the Gold Life.” The executives of Australian Gold, Steve Hilbert, Tommysue Hilbert and Melanie Travis, would be available to answer questions and try out concepts on and they would judge the originality/creativity, brand messaging and brand messaging “outside the box” of ASAP and Backbone presentations.  The PMs selected were Mark McGrath and LaToya Jackson.

The men focused on a theme of pirates, which they felt embodied the Australian Gold experience. The women were more diffuse in their concept, but late in the preparation period LaToya decided to throw in a skiing motif to go with their original beach motif. Both teams had to display within a 10 feet cubed “glass box.”

Lil Jon was given two explicit assignments: a minor project and the responsibility to keep Gary from interfering with the work of the others. LaToya assigned Hope, Marlee and NeNe to fetch props, costumes and wardrobe while Star got graphics and La Toya herself had, as NeNe so cattily put it, “nothing.”

Ivanka came visiting during the prep period and asked how their PM was doing, etc. Ne Ne was not shy about knocking LaToya for lack of direction.

Once the displays were open, the focus shifted to Donald Jr. He inspected both teams’ presentations. He believed that the men had superior creativity and good brand integration but they still could lose if they did not hit the “sweet spot” of Australian Gold’s desired focus.

Gary lost points for his manic style with the Australian Gold executives. He had coopted Mark’s role.

The execs went to chat with Donald Trump so he knew who won. Backbone had a fabulous jingle and they had great buzz outside the box, but they failed to incorporate Surfin’ Sydney the koala bear at all and did not do a good job of integrating the “Live the Gold Life” theme. ASAP did do a great job of integrating “Live the Gold Life," with beach, volleyball and skiing motifs. However, they did not position Playmate of the Year Hope well, failing to display some of her assets to attract a crowd.

In the Boardroom, NeNe criticized LaToya’s performance as PM right out of the box. Mark stated that he would take full responsibility for the loss if Backbone lost. Ivanka summarized the pros and cons of each presentation. The last item was the way Gary put them on edge with his monopolization of their time.  The execs did not like the pirate theme, so ASAP won.

This put Mark McGrath as the losing PM behind the 8-ball. However, he now had a potential route to staying alive with Gary being an alternate target. Meat Loaf and all the rest of Backbone told Donald Trump that Gary should be the one fired. Meat Loaf stated that Gary was a big-time liability.

Trump let this play out. He then decided to fire Mark McGrath because Mark chose the pirates theme, which was the primary reason for losing the task.

Trump fired Mark.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 01:00:35 PM by apskip »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2011, 12:17:02 PM »
CA4, Ep. 7

This episode started with LaToya delivering 3 checks totaling $65,000 to the AIDS Project Los Angeles. Trump assembled the teams and teams that they would be doing commercials for Omaha Steaks. Todd and Bruce Simon, the owners of Omaha Steaks, were present to describe the most involved task yet:
1. Cook during a 30 minute live kitchen demo 3 different types of Omaha Steak items from a catalog focusing on steaks, seafood, lobster and desserts
2. Develop a unique variety pack that would combine 3 separate items

Criteria for success were brand messaging, creativity in the variety pack and overall presentation. The PMs were Gary and Hope, who was being a project manager for the first time. Trump asked her if she eats steak. Her response of “yes” was a lie since she does not eat red meat and does not cook.

Gary used an imperious style. Without consulting Lil John, Jon and Meat Loaf, he named Meat Loaf as chef, the center-point of the Backbone presentation. Rod and Bruce came to visit Backbone, but the time was wasted as Gary frittered it away with irrelevant questions. His teammates felt that Gary was acting in a manner to have their team self-destruct. ASAP was going with a specific concept of what would be cooked, then at the last minute they changed it so that she cooked steak rather than filet mignon. LaToya was upset, not by the actual decision but by its timing. I felt this was  
A “tempest in a teapot,” not really worth air time (but due to the 2 hour format a lot of marginal things get air time). Gary’s communications style to John was “Shut up, boy, and listen to me, boy.” It’s clear that Gary has been to a very advanced version of “How To Win Friends and Influence People.”

Ivanka came to visit Backbone. Her conclusion about the obvious infighting was “I just walked in on a group therapy session.” She stated out of earshot of Gary that he make decisions firmly and communicate clearly. Donald Jr. dropped in on ASAP but nothing significant happened.

Preparation and the actual event took place at the Institute for Culinary Education in New York City. Meat Loaf, who does not cook in real life, got many tips from the ICE chef assigned to Backbone. He listened well and was later able to project an understanding far beyond his real knowledge. Backbone discovered at the ICE a serious mistake, leaving lobster off the menu, the responsibility of Gary. Also John confronted Gary over his use of the derogatory term “boy” the prior afternoon. He told him to never use it again. Gary apologized and asked if he was forgiven. John said no. ASAP practiced and Hope was worried that LaToya’s tiny voice would not project well

ASAP presented first and Hope emceed both LaToya and Star (who had a good line about how the petite filet mignon at 4 ounces was just right for her after open-heart surgery. Next, Marlee emceed for NeNe. NeNe started a trend of saying just “Omaha” instead of the proper “Omaha Steaks.”

Backbone presented and Gary would turn it over to Meat Loaf for specified cooking demos. Meat Loaf did a fantastic job, but Gary as emcee left a lot to be desired. He rambled on with a kite analogy that few in the audience would understand. The one good thing he did was get an audience chant of “Omaha Steaks” going on cue. It was clear to me that Backbone had lost once again.

Rod and Bruce told Donald Trump that ASAP had done a decent job, with good brand messaging except for the substitution of “Omaha” for “Omaha Steaks” by NeNe and insufficient live cooking. Also, it was not clear what John or Lil Jon had done since they were not involved in the Backbone presentation but Meat Loaf had done a super job of cooking and obviously understood their products and Gary had told stories for too long and bored the live cooking demo audience.  

In the Boardroom, Trump went through the usual calibration questions. It came out that Gary was viewed by his team as incompetent at time management.

The moment for the reveal showed that ASAP had won. Hope got $20K for her charity. Backbone got to stay in the Boardroom. Gary called John Rich back in with him, but it was no contest. Gary’s weird ways on Celebrity apprentice are over. Backbone had to breathe a sigh of relief.

This leaves the headcount ASAP 5 Backbone 3. That is too much of a difference, so I predict that Donald Trump will do one of two things:
1.   Merge the teams (but I think it’s too soon for that)
2.   Send one woman to Backbone. If he lets the women decide, then it could be LaToya since they consider her their weakest link. If he decides it could be Marlee or Star, the two strongest players for ASAP.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 12:59:19 PM by apskip »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2011, 12:39:21 PM »
I thought this was a subjective move by Trump because by all accounts the men should have won this time. I found it exceedingly strange that bringing the audience up to sample the food was considered to be a bad move. The men got the audience involved by repeating the phrase "Omaha Steaks" while the women consistently used only "Omaha" in their presentation. We don't know how long Gary blathered on about the kite.)

I also find Nene irritating which is probably her role on the show and blaming LaToya for having a soft voice was asinine. She could and should have been mic'd up so there would not have been a problem with her presentation. I hope Trump does shift the teams around but as you say apskip, it may be too soon.

All that said, Gary Busey was rightly fired and should have been fired several episodes back. We'll never know how the men would have done without him dragging projects down as he did with last weeks episode with Australian Gold. I thought it was wrong when Trump allowed Marlee to persuade him to keep Busey (He was kept for the drama, just like NeNe. IMHO.)

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2011, 05:25:58 PM »
It's clear that Trump has been focusing on the individuals most likely to create conflict and keeping them (NeNe, Gary until the most recent episode) around. I am waiting for the confrontation between Marlee and Star in a future episode. That will be interesting to see.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2011, 10:41:39 AM »
It's clear that Trump has been focusing on the individuals most likely to create conflict and keeping them (NeNe, Gary until the most recent episode) around. I am waiting for the confrontation between Marlee and Star in a future episode. That will be interesting to see.

Yes it will!  :lol:

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2011, 04:24:18 PM »
Star Jones shoulda went.. regardless if he thought the ladies didnt have a fighting chance against those "strong men"  :groan:

Latoya got thrown under the bus by Donald himself!

and yet again Star Jones gets her way... :meow:

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2011, 07:23:31 PM »
I was hoping Star would have fired.  She really is annoying. :groan:

Offline franxaverian

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2011, 01:15:50 AM »
Why does Marlee always address Star as Miss Star Jones? I didn't recall she did it to others...

I'm hoping for a big confrontation next week.... :yess:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2011, 12:51:12 PM »
CA4, Ep. 8

Hope is shown presenting the check for her $20K win last episode to her best buddy at “Best Buddies”, an organization for adults similar to Little Brothers or Little Sisters. Donald Trump came to present the task and he introduced it with a question on who would vote for him for President and who wouldn’t. Nobody raised their hand for the latter, to which Trump responded that anyone who had would have been fired immediately!

The task is to develop advertising for the Trump Hotel Collection, specifically a 4 page ad to run in Saveur magazine plus a presentation. Criteria for judging are originality, brand messaging and overall experience. Judging will be COO Jim Petrus and Saveur magazine editor-in-chief James Oseland. The PMs were Star and John Rich. Petrus gave the men a hint that it boiled down to 3 words: Live the Life.

The theme of the Backbone ads was “Live the Life of Donald Trump,” how original. John was very concerned about not having any spelling errors and spent important time correcting errors, but he failed to get them all. Their presentation was a series of stories.

The theme of the ASAP ad was Luxury and Elegant Style. It was composed of many photos (far too many) and their presentation was a cacophonous series of words to demonstrate power, influence and wealth. Star split up the assignments, with LaToya getting “ladies who lunch” and NeNe responsible for a bathtub scene with Hope in it.  NeNe and Hope sparred over LaToya having told it like it is to Trump about NeNe. So does NeNe plan to get even? Is the Pope Catholic?

Oseland stated that the ASAP campaign reminded him of sleazy clubs and it appeared to be more of a carwash than an ad campaign. A photo Hope in a bathtub with an unopened bottle of champagne in an icebucket was cited as an example of what was wrong with the ASAP ads . The judges felt it was more of an advertorial than an ad. The Backbone campaign failed to provide contact information, so there was no way for interested parties to follow up with the Trump Collection Hotels. However, Backbone had the better pitch. Which team would win?

In the Boardroom, Donald Trump was playing the members of both teams. He asked Hope how Star performed as PM and Hope said great. He asked NeNe the same question and she said that Marlee was the best. She complained about the phoniness and stated that Marlee and Hope were “crawling up Star’s ass.”

On Backbone, John Rich indicated that Lil Jon had done graphics, meat Loaf had developed stories and he himself did the writing.

Trump admitted what anyone would have known for the entirety of CA4, that he was continuously testing everyone in the Boardroom with his questions. He continued to state that neither team did a good job.

Eric and Donald Jr. took over to summarize all of the faults of both ads and presentations. Donald Trump stated that the Backbone ad seemed to be more about ties than hotels.  Then Donald Trump took back control to state that the men had not won but the women had lost. John Rich won $20K for the St. Jude Children’s Hospital and he, Meat Loaf and Lil Jon were excused.

The focus was now on ASAP. Donald Jr. stated that the women’s ad could only take place at the 59th St. Trump Tower Hotel while the men’s ad showed pictures of the Los Angeles and Chicago hotels.

Trump told Star to pick 2 ASAP members to bring back to the Boardroom. She picked LaToya (who she was trying to get rid of) and NeNe (who she thought could have her back). Trump excused Marlee and Hope.  LaToya defended herself by stating that Star had actually been the prime force behind 2 ASAP losses when she was the script writer.

Trump stated that his decision was Star vs. Latoya and that LaToya lacked the support of the entire rest of her team. He fired her. This is absurd because if the identical criteria had been applied two episodes prior, Gary Busey would have been fired and Mark McGrath saved. LaToya brands Nene as a manipulative, conniving and evil person, which is about right.

Offline franxaverian

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2011, 07:18:44 PM »
@Apskip: A little correction for the end part of your recap. The one that LaToya branded is Star Jones. She has made up with Nene in this task and Nene was shown to have a hard time in boardroom, trying not to have LaToya saved with no avail.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2011, 09:39:32 AM »
@Apskip: A little correction for the end part of your recap. The one that LaToya branded is Star Jones. She has made up with Nene in this task and Nene was shown to have a hard time in boardroom, trying not to have LaToya saved with no avail.
franxaverian,
You were right again. LaToya lambasted Star and praised Donald Trump.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 04:33:15 PM by apskip »

Offline franxaverian

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2011, 08:18:24 AM »
I re-watched the episode actually and here's what LaToya said in limo confessional:
"It was a wonderful experience. I truly enjoyed working with Mr. Trump. As far as my teammates I concern, that's a totally different story. I think Star Jones is a very manipulative person. I think she's very conniving and very evil. Doesn't matter if she has to lie, she did it......."

It also didn't make sense if Nene's the one that got branded after they had the emotional make up.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2011, 06:15:34 PM »
Nene Leeks and Star Jones showdown!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2011, 08:02:50 AM »
To bring us up to date Hope Dworaczyk was fired last night, leaving NeNe and Star to fight on another week. (Who didn't see this coming?)

Hope Dworaczyk is fired on 'The Celebrity Apprentice'

May 1st, 2011 10:21 pm CT
Mandy Robinson
Oklahoma City TV Examiner

As the news of Osama Bin Laden being killed flooded our televisions tonight, most people missed finding out who Donald Trump fired on 'The Celebrity Apprentice.' If you missed it, here is what happened tonight.

The teams had to do a hair show. It was a really weird task for the teams. They had people cutting hair on a stage and it was just all odd to watch. Both teams did a good job, but the women ended up losing the challenge.

On tonight's show, we also saw Nene Leaks and Star Jones feuding. You can read all about it here. We also saw Latoya Jackson return to the show. You can read more on this here.
Advertisement

When they went to the board room, the women found out they had lost the task. Donald must like the drama and wanted to keep Star and Nene together  another week. Hope Dworaczyk, the Playboy model, ended up hearing the words, "You're fired" from Donald Trump and was sent on her way.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Hope Dworaczyk is fired on 'The Celebrity Apprentice' -

Source: http://www.examiner.com/tv-in-oklahoma-city/hope-dworaczyk-is-fired-on-the-celebrity-apprentice#ixzz1LCQ7LByt

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2011, 08:16:28 AM »
Hope's final interview:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2011, 09:20:49 PM »
CA4, Ep. 9

Trump introduced Farouk Shami, head of Farouk Systems, makers and sellers of the professional haircare product lines Biosilk and Chi. Farouk posed the task of preparing and presenting a Hair Show using two professional stylists and four models per team. Ivanka stated that the criteria for judging (to be done by Farouk and an audience of professional hair stylists and educators) on brand messaging and overall presentation. Trump asked for PMs and it is Lil Jon or Meatball, with Lil Jon getting the nod after losing a game of chance. For the women Star nominated NeNe, but this incensed NeNe and we got a lengthy diatribe from NeNe indicating why she, a strident brainless personality is A No-Class Housewife of Atlanta who tries to bludgeon her opponents by over-talking them while Star is cool, composed and above it all. All of that boiled over in front of Donald trump and Farouk Shami.  Eric when he visited on an inspection tour commented that NeNe needs Star but hates Star. Donald Trump stated the winning PM would get $20K but Farouk displayed some public spirit by providing an additional $20K.

So Farouk makes the rounds of each team and ASAP develops a theme of Shake Your Beauty and subtheme of “Be Safe, Be Real, Buy USA” that highlights their stylists. Star hired 6 dancers, took responsibility for lights and sound for their presentation and was on the PC writing scripts. She is no dummy and knows that it what you actually do that matters, not the drivel coming out of your mouth. She knows that only she is capable of doing what she is doing for her team.

Somewhere in here LaToya Jackson visited Donald Trump to plead for reconsideration. He told her he had never in 11 seasons done it, but he would consider it carefully and get back to her in 24 hours. He said she had been disadvantaged by laryngitis when she had needed to forcefully rebut the claims that others were making against her.

Backbone has worked on a theme of American regions. John Rich has a great idea, to ask Niki Taylor (former ASAP team member) to come and be a model for Backbone’s presentation. Niki readily agreed and also recruited 3 friends who were top New York City models. Ivanka came to visit and commented on how collected and calm Lil Jon was, unlike most PMs in action.

ASAP arrived 30 minutes late for its practice session, which made their stylists very nervous. They did not use Hope well, particularly with a huge witches nest of hair (who had the bad taste to allow that to happen?). Hope is Playmate of the Year and very beautiful, but you almost could not tell. She also did not move well on stage.

Lil Jon knew that he had to do about 20 minutes of an emcee role to introduce the Backbone presentation. He was very laid-back about it, as he has a lot of experience doing just that.

The final presentations were given. I was not impressed by the ASAP presentation, which featured the 2 stylists and Marlee Matlin, with some ineffective narration from NeNe and some traipsing around the stage by Hope. The Backbone narration by Lil Jon was very effective, the stylists held their own against the relatively effective ones supporting ASAP,  Niki was great and a model and her model friends all did a good job. Niki was “representing the South”, another model was “from Rodeo Drive” and a third one from “a New Orleans Mardi Gras.” I personally thought it was no contest; despite what everyone referred to as the natural advantage for a women’s team, Backbone gave a much better presentation than ASAP.

Donald Trump let the NeNe versus Star venom boil over in the Boardroom for a long and continuing time frame. He asked leading questions to Marlee and Hope to find out where they stood, but he also accused Hope of staying under the radar and having no fight. If that means that she did not want to make a public ass of herself like NeNe, then you could say her fight is very limited. Hope claims that her actions have been following her project managers.

Trump also swung over to Backbone and attempted without success to get Lil Jon to name its weakest link. Lil Jon escaped this nonsense by stating that his team had won, so who cared. Trump got Ivanka to summarize the feedback for Backbone from Farouk:
loved Lil Jon’s energy as emcee, brand messaging  and the American theme;  the negative was not emphasizing  the safety of the products and that they didn’t use ammonia. Eric summarized the feedback from Farouk for ASAP:  a good job emphasizing the safety of the product, stylists did a great job representing the brand and he thought Marlee did a great job as a model; on the negative side, Nene was considered weak as emcee highlighting the brand, there was no real theme or direction, Hope appeared awkward and it seemed like the stylists were running the show as opposed to the team

The men won big and Trump has a surprise for them. He has decided to bring back LaToya Jackson and stated that he would never bring anyone back again.

Star was asked who she would rather have on ASAP team in the future, NeNe or Hope. The answer is Hope. NeNe is then asked who to bring back to the Boardroom. She sends Marlee back to the suite and takes NeNe and Hope in with her. Hope was fired. I feel that she failed to make the case for why NeNe with a 0-2 record as a Project Manager should have been fired instead. Why is Trump putting so much emphasis on what Star and Marlee want? Why isn’t he making his own decisions? The only possible answer is that the clawing of NeNe against Star improves the ratings for Celebrity Apprentice 4. I do not agree with Trump’s decisions, as NeNe should have disappeared a long time ago.

Offline BK_amazing_race

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2011, 02:31:39 PM »
Saw a promo for next weeks episode.  Should be interesting with two challenges and three people getting fired!

Offline barney003

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2011, 07:47:17 AM »
Hey i haven't seen this show earlier. But after reading your posts, i will surely give a look at it. Thanks guys :)

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2011, 09:15:30 AM »
it seems that every reality show this season has a second chance/redemption type theme to it and now trump's show is included in that with the  RE HIRE of Latoya!

I'm glad she came back because it was STAR that shoulda  been fired :ugot but because Trump wants ratings he knew to get rid of the weak link himself. 

I believe production was behind  bringing Latoya back. they had an OPEN week for when Conseco left on his own so why not bring the squeaky mouse back in!

Remember the mouse and the elephant stories from  way back when ?? the mouse scared the elephant and the mouse won.. how wierd would that be if Latoya won!

:lol: it could happen!! :lol:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2011, 09:23:38 AM »
I like the idea of Latoya winning. Don't think it will happen but who knows. (Trump knows..) Every season there is someone who is fired because they don't stand up for themselves but who have good instincts. I'm really glad they brought her back and I'm sure it was a setup from the gitgo.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2011, 09:27:57 AM »
They will be reshowing  Sundays episode tonight on CNBC for those viewers that were cut off at  the  baord room part.

even though i watched it online i cant wait to watch it again.

poor Hope she didnt battle hard enough and Star slouched soo much in that chair  her nose was even with the desk! cant wait to see that part again either! :lol3:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2011, 10:09:14 AM »
ugot2bekidnmeny and TexasLady,

I hear what you want to believe about LaToya and we know that Trump does support his favorites. However, LaToya winning is not possible for these reasons:

1. She has to beat Marlee Matlin, John Rich and probably Star Jones to get there.
2. She does not appear to have the funding support group behind her that those 3 do. The final challenge is always a huge fundraiser, although if Trump likes you the outcome can be skewed to de-emphasize the fund-raising through the criteria.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2011, 04:18:42 PM »
OMGRAVY!!  why didnt nene stay!! she  made a huge mistake.. now how is she gonna face the girls on real housewives of atlanta!!  :doh:

Star knew meatloaf was gonna trap her at her own game.. she buckled 2x's under extremely strong personalities..

Trump shoulda never moved nene to  backbone.. he shoulda MADE  nene and sttar work on the same team..

This is the second time he did something that he normally doesnt do and it back fired on him..

even though latoya didnt win.. I do believe she was happier with the results and can surely hold her head up.. but what's the deal with her freinds/contributors.. they sorta left her high n dry. maybe  it was the editting but she didnt seem like she was "pushing" the  fund raising  hard at all.

I say it's  rich and matlin at the end!  :tup:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2011, 09:12:14 PM »
I agree that it will be John Rich and Marlee Matlin in the finale. I predicted this several weeks ago.

I am overjoyed to no longer be subject to the NeNe Leakes School of Overacting and Overtalking. She was not going to make it through the next task anyway because she had exhausted her publicity value and Trump no longer needed her war against Star for the ratings. Since she was about to be cast aside, she is smart enough to know that it would be better to go out on her own terms, i.e. just disappear.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2011, 07:36:01 AM »
Here is a potential reason for the antipathy between Star Jones and NeNe Leakes:

New York Post Page Six, 5/10/11 1248am

Fired "Celebrity Apprentice" contestant Star Jones' ex-husband, Al Reynolds, is demanding $50,000 from the loose-lipped diva for trashing him on "The Wendy Williams Show" and blasting his rumored current girlfriend -- her TV nemesis, NeNe Leakes.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2011, 03:12:42 PM »
CA4, Ep. 10

Celebrity Apprentice is rolling toward its final conclusion. Donald Trump announced that he was dealing with the reciprocated strong hatred between NeNe and Star by switching NeNe to Backbone, so she would have the opportunity to beat Star as an opponent rather than teammate. Meat Loaf was switched to ASAP to join Marlee and Star. The task was to raise the most money by creating a Comedy Night and he brought in CNBC’s Jim Cramer, a guy he associates with big money, to be his advisor with Ivanka. La Toya has joined Backbone and was named PM. Meat Loaf got that responsibility for ASAP.

Backbone started working on this task, but NeNe never showed up and never called. She did call Donald Trump to explain to him that she saw no point in being part of Celebrity Apprentice if she could not be fighting on the same team as Star Jones. (Note: in the paper today when I write this is an article about why this may have developed - Star Jones' ex-husband, Al Reynolds, is demanding $50,000 from the loose-lipped diva for trashing him on "The Wendy Williams Show" and blasting his rumored current girlfriend -- her TV nemesis, NeNe Leake

John claimed that he tapped out his big money sources during his earlier fund-raising competition against Marlee Matlin, but he did the best he could and did indeed raise $20,000 cash from one donor. It appears that Backbone is claiming a total of about $70.000. Mum was the word from ASAP on fund-raising. You just know that Marlee can raise it if she chooses to.

The performances are 30 minutes each at the Gotham Comedy Club. John Rich dug deep and convinced Jimmy Fallon to perform for Backbone. Jimmy not only agreed, but he wrote a song (Yer fired! Yer fired! Yer fired! Yer fired!) and personally donated $10,000. Star went to Tracy Morgan, who shot a brief comedy video. The rest of the performances were 3 young comedians on the way up for each team. Those performances went off well. Meat Loaf was the emcee against La Toya and Marlee did a 2 minute comedy routine. The big question remained who had raised the most money? Based on past obfuscation on fund-raising for ASAP, I am betting that they somehow did and Donald Trump did not want the audience to know that for a while longer.

The boardroom was fairly typical. Trump went out of his way to mention Meat Loaf’s special request for keeping his own fund-raising and not losing it if they lost. Trump stated that his response was to reject that request because Celebrity Apprentice is all about raising money for charity, all about winning. He went on to point out the upside that Meat Loaf could keep everything raised by the other team if he won.

Trump stated that NeNe quit. He said that she was a loser and a quitter and had her ass kicked by Star Jones. He said that Hope and NeNe were gone and that was fine. He went on to state that LaToya was very solid.

However, this task was only measured on money raised. ASAP raised $102,080, much of it by Meat Loaf. Backbone raised $82,500, over half of it by John Rich. ASAP won and was excused. It was then all about who was responsible on Backbone. Trump found LaToya responsible (because she was by not raising more money herself) and she was given a very friendly firing.

Celebrity Apprentice 4, Ep. 11

There are now John and Lil Jon on Backbone and Marlee, Star and Meat Loaf on ASAP.  The task was to make a 90 second commercial for OnStar and the criteria were the same as they have been for most creative tasks. The PMs were Marlee and Lil Jon. The prize was $20,000 which OnStar executives present agreed to match.  Each team went about this in a different way. The final commercial for Backbone was based on mentioning the name OnStar up front and at the end as available in local electronics stores, with Lil Jon doing the ending with two actors and urging the viewer to “Discover On.” A soccer mom filmed driving a car was not wearing a seatbelt, which was a major flaw in the Backbone production.  Star was in charge of branding. Nobody was responsible for placing it into the video and there was no script for their commercial which was improvised. Meat Loaf put in 2 attempts at humor into the filming actually made, but I found both of them lame. Star was the narrator.

Trump got the verdict from the OnStar executives. He came to the boardroom and went through his normal routine. Backbone had the superior commercial, so it was someone from ASAP who would be fired. John Rich and Lil Jon were excused with John reaching a total of $695,000 with his total winnings (thanks to the generosity of Marlee Matlin).

Marlee as PM was the obvious choice, but she leads a charmed life. All focus was on Meat Loaf versus Star. After a bit of questioning they were asked to step out of the room. Star and meatloaf got into a shouting match hearable from inside the boardroom because Meat Loaf called Star “sweetie” and she overreacted, probably as a way of causing another negative to be chalked up to the Trump tally on Meat Loaf. However, George Ross was not buying it and he stated while they were out of the room that Star should be fired due to brand messaging deficiencies. Donald Jr. stated that there was a good case for each of the three ASAP team members. I would have fired Marlee Matlin for poor project management leadership or Meat Loaf for being the creative director and having little sense of comedy (in spite of his being a star in rocky Horror Picture Show movie from way back when). Trump elected to fire Star Jones.

In the next episode, Trump plans to have the 3 past Celebrity Apprentices evaluate the remaining 4 and recommend which 2 should be fired. I don’t know if the Final 2 will get started on their final task, but I would expect that they do.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2011, 06:01:26 PM »
It occurred to me that a double standard could be in use by Donald Trump on "what constitutes a situation where you can ask to keep your money raised?" In an early episode, distinguished by record fund-raising, John Rich and Marlee Matlin were given permission by Trump to request permission for that from the other. Marlee must have known she could not be beaten, but gave up over $500,000 that John had raised so that he could keep it for St. Jude. In episode 10, Meat Loaf asked for the same to Donald Trump and Trump said no. So what was different? I think that the latter situation is the standard and the John Rich request was offered only in the context of totally record fund-raising.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2011, 06:35:15 PM »
NeNe knew she couldn't compete for donors. She isn't in the same social circle and competing with performers who have wide access to people with money would have hurt her badly. It's a shame she didn't try to make up for this by doing something constructive but I'm certainly not sorry she is gone!

I was extremely disappointed with Marlee because she did not defend Meatloaf and she should have. Star was deflecting blame for branding when she was put in charge of branding and it was up to her to use the photos that would make the most of what Onstar exec's wanted. That was not leadership on her part.

About the money, this season has made so much of it that it has become tiresome for me. I wouldn't mind if they were selling pizzas and the general public had to endorse a certain team because they had better pizza or more ambiance, or like the exercise routine that we saw in the last season.

There has been a double standard this year, I agree with you apskip.

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2011, 02:32:52 AM »
I agree with the final 2 prediction.  I can't picture it to be anyone else.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2011, 08:09:39 PM »
CA4, Ep. 12

The first part of this episode focused on the decision to cut the remaining players from 4 to 2. I thought all of this was a bit absurd, as anyone who had been watching the show except Lil Jon and Meat Loaf knew that the choice should end up being John Rich and Marlee Matlin left. Donald Trump had the past Celebrity Apprentice winners (Piers Morgan, Joan Rivers, Bret Michaels) advise him on this decision. It will be no surprise when that ended up with Lil Jon being fired for lack of self-confidence and Meat Loaf
for being overly emotional.
So the final task started with the introduction of 7Up VP Marketing Jim Trebilcock. He introduced the task as a 3 related ones around the theme of either the 1970s or 1980s:
1.   Create a 7Up Retro can and other packaging
2.   Create an interesting commercial featuring that new can and celebrities
3.   Set up a product launch event
The criteria for success were performance on each of those 3 plus integration of celebrities. Trump stated that the charities of John Rich (St. Jude children’s Hospital) and Marlee Matlin were getting $50,000 at the beginning and the winner would get $250,000 more. That meant that this was not a fund-raising event and both John and Marlee were happy to hear that as they had tapped out their donors when they raised $1.6 million combined. Marlee as raiser of more money got to pick either the 1970s as exemplified by the Harlem Globetrotters or the 1980s as exemplified by the rock band Def Leppard. It was expected that Marlee would prevent John from getting a music group to work with, but she did not. She stated her interest in sports and the Globetrotters in particular and chose the 1970s. John got the 1980s and Def Leopard and was very pleased with that.
Trump offered help to Team John Rich and Team Marlee with the selection from a group of 6 eliminated celebrities to help. John got first pick and chose Lil Jon. Marlee did not choose Star as expected; she went with Meat Loaf because “he is the 1970s.” John picked Mark McGrath. Marlee had another surprise pick of Richard Hatch. John took Star Jones and Marlee was left with LaToya Jackson. I would give the edge to Team John Rich based solely on the team he selected.
Meat Loaf got Team Marlee started with “the biggest things of the 1970s were disco balls, “Staying Alive” and the Globetrotters with disco the key. He followed up with disco glitter ball cans and a boombox, which he felt was critical.
Team John bounced ideas around and came up with the theme “7Up Retro, Still Keeping It Real.” They also appointed Star to keep the schedule information so that  knew when they were off it.
Team John developed the graphics of black and white zebra stripes for their can.
Ivanka visited and stated a concern for Marlee not reining in Meat Loaf’s sometimes counterproductive productivity. The concern was misplaced, as Marlee did not share Meat Loaf enthusiasm for the boombox idea and engineered a change to drop it while he was away getting props. Ivanka felt that the zebra graphics of Team John were very good.
Team John ran through some ideas for 1980s celebrities. If they weren’t already in New York City, it would be difficult since the commercial would shoot the next day. John asked Dee Snider of Twisted Sister to be the star of the commercial. He had to get permission from the producers of the Broadway show Rock of Ages he was starring in to have his Fu Manchu beard cut so he would be in Twisted Sister character.
Team Marlee decided to ask Geoffrey Holder, who had starred in 7Up commercials in the 1970s and later. Geoffrey agreed to do it.
Both teams started doing their photo shoots (focusing on John Rich and Marlee) and their commercials. John Rich had maxed out on his ability to manage tasks and was upset about the production, managed by Lil John, appeared to him to be running behind. Meat Loaf wrote the commercial and was its director. It used all of the team as an ABBA-type woman, a disco guy, a superhero and a CB trucker and a “bat out of hell.” Each would peel away until only the 7Up Retro was left. It was very funny.
The Team John Rich commercial was based on Talent Auditions having a Madonna impersonator, an Axl Rose impersonator and the real Dee Snider, whose performance was declining until revived by a can of Retro 7Up. It appeared to film quite well and only 4 takes were needed.
So it’s time for the Donald Trump twists to appear. Geoffrey Holder never showed up for his performance, with the argument that his lawyer would not allow him to sign the release. John Rich had a call from Def Leppard and their manager will not allow the drummer to be on stage for some very nebulous reason. These twists are to test the ingenuity of the final apprentice candidates and are always tough to overcome.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2011, 10:12:23 PM »
The finale on Sunday is a tough one to call. I think John Rich has a better creative team than Meat Loaf by himself is. My prediction is that Team John beats Team Marlee in a close one.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2011, 10:32:38 AM »
I agree with your assessment, apskip.  I was a little surprised when Marlee chose Richard Hatch when she could have had Star or even LaToya at that point.  John Rich definitely seems to have the stronger team.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2011, 10:05:01 AM »
CA4, Ep. 13, Finale
Donald Trump kicked this off with a statement that the fund-raising efforts of this season have exceeded $3 million for the designated charities of the celebrities. The issues with the performers were resolved, but this required serious efforts and time by the teams. Meat Loaf continued his discussions directly with Geoffrey Holder, who finally showed up for the commercial photo shoot. That commercial was classy. John Rich personally took charge of negotiations with Def Leppard, which morphed into discussions of how the band would come on-stage. John volunteered to introduce them, which was acceptable as a compromise.
Richard Hatch stated that Marlee was not delegating and did not appear to have a plan. This did not bode well for the success of Team Marlee. Team John was well-organized in its efforts to set up its event, including decorations and lots of balloons. The owners of the Melting Pot Restaurant showed up to deliver a $25,000 donation to St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital even though the event judging criteria did not have any incentive for obtaining such a gift. Team Marlee finally got their act in gear and started setting up for the Globetrotters. Richard Hatch recognized that Marlee had finally acted like a Project Manager.
The Team Marlee event started with the welcome of each guest by Meat Loaf at the door. LaToya escorted the 7Up executives and Donald Trump to Marlee, who then stayed with them when not required for introducing her team’s commercial. It was quite good in my opinion, with Geoffrey Holder’s deep bass voice distinctive. The theme was “Feel the Love” and the 7Up execs liked that. The Globetrotters were their usual thrilling selves.
John Rich was surprised by a last-minute donation of $250,000 from a couple uncredited in the telecast who I did not recognize. That put his total fund-raising at over $1 million. It figuratively blew him away. As the guests came in, there was no special attention to VIPs like the 7Up execs and Trump. The commercial featured Dee Snider morphing into his Twisted Sister costume and persona. John started the show without double-checking the readiness of the band, so when he called for them come on-stage they weren’t there (second strike against John Rich).  They were sticking to the original contract which called for them at 7pm and it was 640pm because the earlier festivities were over ahead of schedule. So John improvised an interim performance, starting with his “Don’t Fire Me, Mr. Trump” song. It was brilliant and indicated what a performer John is and how well he can handle unexpected last-minute twists.
Trump after the events asked the 7Up execs for feedback. He received the pluses and minuses of each team. These were later summarized in the Boardroom scene by Donald Jr. Marlee was recognized as a sales expert and John as a marketing expert. Both presentations of their commercials were judged excellent. According to Donald Trump, the Retro 7Up cans nod went decisively to Team John and both were judged good enough to be released nationwide and above 1 million in sales so far. Team John had the previously mentioned glitches of no greeter (which Team Marlee did in an exemplary fashion) and the lack of coordination for the introduction of Def Leppard. 
So, who would win? There was about 45 minutes left in the program, which should have ended here with a decision on the winner by Donald Trump and the announcement of that. But no, there was a need for minor banter with each of the fired executives, except that I did not see Jose Canseco and Richard Hatch is in prison (with Trump wishing him well). The low point of this was Star trying to speak at her turn and NeNe acting like the obnoxious, spoiled, idiotic low-life that she is by talking over her. Trump should have shut NeNe up, but he make a prediction at some time in the future that Star and NeNe would be friends. NeNe said that was possible. Star replied “when pigs fly.”
My wife tells me that each of the celebrities was next shown briefly working with their charities (I had nodded off briefly). Finally it was time for the announcement. The fourth Celebrity Apprentice is John Rich. It would have been well-deserved with either winning, but I think a Team John win was appropriate.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2011, 04:26:23 PM »
John Rich the Celebrity Apprentice! What a great ending! The right person won and he deserved it. He was consistent and a winner at most tasks. He handled Gary Busey and Latoya, Star Jones extremely well, each needing a different type of management. Further, he endeared himself to his team which was vital if he wanted to win the last task.

I thought he would lose when he committed the cardinal sin of not welcoming Trump and for sure when his timing was off for introducing Def Leppard but he handled it perfectly by performing. Brilliant idea to have Dee Snider morphing into his Twisted Sister character for the commercial. (I also loved Team Marlee's commercial with Geoffrey Holder. If there was a team win, I did not hear it. I believe we were left in the dark as to who the 7UP executives thought did the best job.

The $250,000 donation came in from Dollar Central I believe.

All in all a good season even if we did have to endure NeNe fighting every week with her fellow team members. Thinking back, it might have been the best thing for her to leave instead of being fired for a poor performance. I also found LaToya to be a sweet person, unassuming and sadly for her team, they didn't listen to her often enough.

One thing that bothered me last week was Piers Morgan saying that Little Jon and Big John threw Meatloaf under the bus in their interviews. That annoyed me, they really didn't and what was the purpose of that comment? To breed trouble? Didn't work.