Author Topic: TAR 18 Media  (Read 68416 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 18 Media
« on: September 22, 2010, 01:58:10 AM »
See any TAR 18 media, news, articles, press releases ?

Add them here and remember to credit the source please! :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 18 Media
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 01:42:17 PM »
Hollywood Reporter and a few other sites are reporting that TAR will be in HD next year. This is the first official indicator I have seen that there will be a next year.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blogs/live-feed/amazing-race-getting-hd-upgrade-34512
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 01:46:55 PM »
Hollywood Reporter and a few other sites are reporting that TAR will be in HD next year. This is the first official indicator I have seen that there will be a next year.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blogs/live-feed/amazing-race-getting-hd-upgrade-34512

Executive producer Jonathan Littman confirms this here: http://twitter.com/#!/littmanji/status/29495146476

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 02:37:48 PM »
That link coding is messed up, but here's the tweet from Jonathan Littman:

With the cat out of the bag - yes it's true AMAZING RACE is going HD.
-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 03:42:52 PM »
Finally -- CBS has confirmed TAR 18 for the spring, and it will be in HD:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2010/11/04/cbss-the-amazing-race-will-travel-the-globe-in-hd-this-spring-933315/20101104cbs03/

11/04/10 - 01:08 PM]
CBS's "The Amazing Race" Will Travel the Globe in HD This Spring
Released by CBS
[NOTE: The following article is a press release issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.]

CBS's "THE AMAZING RACE" WILL TRAVEL THE GLOBE IN HD THIS SPRING

CBS announced today that the Spring edition of the Emmy Award-winning series THE AMAZING RACE will be broadcast in HD.

"We're thrilled the audience watching us sprint around the globe each week will continue to witness the breathtaking landscapes that serve as our backdrops, only now in high definition. Whether we're racing alongside the crystal-white peaks of the Arctic Circle, the neon-lined skyscrapers of Japan, or the color-drenched domes of the Russian Kremlin, fans will enjoy a heightened viewing experience as we bring the world to their couch every Sunday night," said Executive Producer and co-Creator Bertram van Munster.

This Fall's installment of THE AMAZING RACE is posting across the board increases versus last Fall's edition, averaging 11.69 million viewers (+4%), 4.7 in adults 25-54 (+7%) and 3.8 in adults 18-49 (+9%). This season's finale will take place on Sunday, Dec. 12 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

THE AMAZING RACE is a seven-time Emmy Award-winning adventure reality series hosted by Emmy-nominated host Phil Keoghan, which pits teams, each comprised of two members, against each other on a trek around the world. At every destination, each team competes in a series of challenges, some mental and some physical, and only when the tasks are completed do they learn of their next location. Teams who are the farthest behind are gradually eliminated as the competition progresses, with the first team to arrive at the final destination winning $1 million.

Jerry Bruckheimer, Bertram van Munster, Jonathan Littman and Elise Doganieri are the executive producers for Jerry Bruckheimer Television and Earthview Inc. in association with ABC Studios and Amazing Race Productions. THE AMAZING RACE was created by Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri.

For more information on THE AMAZING RACE log on to www.cbs.com.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 07:21:21 PM »
:jumpy: about darned time!! :lol:

Thank you the schnauzers!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 07:25:17 PM »
:jumpy: about darned time!! :lol:

Thank you the schnauzers!

Those announcements about the HD season just came out on Tuesday. Isn't that unusually late?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 07:29:11 PM »
I was almost in shock when I got an alert from TFC about the press release, and then noticed no one else had posted anything yet. And the three paragraphs at the heart of that release was a lot of meat to feed us with. (The ratings for TAR 17 to date, as well as the TAR 17 finale date.)

Now if they would tell us if its a regular cast or something else, maybe we can all breathe a little easier. :)

the-pr0phet, that all depends. The absence of any reports in the trades on top of the lack of a season 18 application period (so far)  was unusual, but a filming after the beginning of November isn't unusual.  
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 08:39:01 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 07:47:57 PM »

Now if they would tell us if its a regular cast or something else, maybe we can all breathe a little easier. :)

You can read the TAR 18 spoilers to see exactly what kind of a race it will be. And exactly what sort of a cast it will be. ;)

The TAR 18 greenlighting was delayed somewhat to keep TAR 18 as much under wraps as possible, from what I hear.....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 09:09:23 PM »
It's still nice to have confirmation.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 08:10:16 AM »
Yes it is. I'm going to smack my CBS sources who know nothing. :lol: :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2010, 08:28:08 PM »
No articles to indicate the race has started which is pretty odd.

we of course have this one

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2010/11/rumour-amazing-race-us-in-sydney.html
Survivor: San Juan del Sur premieres Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8/7C on CBS
The Amazing Race 25 premieres Friday, September 26, 2014 8/7C on CBS

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2010, 08:28:46 PM »
Yes actually, the article about them being in Sydney that I saw earlier...can't remember where on RFF though!

Edit: Kacper has it!!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2010, 08:30:22 PM »
No articles to indicate the race has started which is pretty odd.

Not odd at all. They do lots of articles to announce the SHOW starting, but keep the start of the race very quiet. We only get local news releases here and there...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2010, 04:52:22 PM »
There are plenty of articles out there from supposed TV insider sites that are only copying info from our detectives. Kind of useless to put those up.

Offline 2old4tech

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2010, 05:24:29 PM »
From Andy Denhart at Reality Blurred:

The spring edition of The Amazing Race, which is in production right now, will be an all-star edition, in addition to being the first season to be filmed in HD.

That’s according to sightings by the reliable race stalkers at Reality Fan Forum, who’ve compiled a list of spotted teams and even have photos of teams checking in and racing. All of the teams seem to be from seasons 12 and beyond, and that group is, as of right now:

* Kynt and Vyxsin (12)
    * Ron and Christina (12)
    * Amanda and Kris (14)
    * Kisha and Jen (14)
    * Jaime and Cara (14)
    * Margie and Luke (14)
    * Mel and Mike (14)
    * Steve and Linda (14) Oops, Andy :readtt:
    * Flight Time and Big Easy (15)
    * Zev and Justin (15)
    * Jet and Cord (16)
    * Gary and Mallory (17)

Teams apparently left from Los Angeles on Saturday and headed for Sydney, Australia, and sightings detail the tasks they’ve had to perform. The dud of a twist, the Express Pass, is apparently back. Yay.

They don’t seem that remarkable as a group, probably because they’ve all been on the show relatively recently—it’s very season 14-heavy, and that aired a year and a half ago, not enough time to make me miss them. That makes it difficult for me to get excited, especially because I’d rather the show focus on improving itself rather than just distracting us by bringing back all-star teams, which is cheaper, easier, and lazier.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/the_amazing_race_18/2010_Nov_22_all_star

Peach/TexasLady: if bringing over his entire post is inappropriate, I'm sorry and please delete

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2010, 11:10:55 PM »
From Plaidmoon:

From a speech by Senator the Hon Nick Sherry on November 4th to an adventure and backpacking conference that I found on an Australian Government site:

In addition, Australia will host North American TV show the Amazing Race, which will be filmed here in Sydney, possibly in the Blue Mountains - or even further in Broken Hill.

The whole speech is at http://minister.innovation.gov.au/sherry/Pages/ADDRESSTOTHEADVENTUREANDBACKPACKINGINDUSTRYCONFERENCE.aspx
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2010, 08:49:30 AM »
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2010, 08:50:59 AM »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2010, 09:09:48 AM »
Don't know if this has been posted:

http://insidepulse.com/2010/11/23/the-amazing-race-18-spoilers-all-star-teams-revealed/

They could at least have given us credit.

They did!! And :ty3:

the race fanatics from Reality Fan Forum have completed the list of spotted teams that will be appearing on the show.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2010, 09:21:22 AM »
But this one didn't! :lol:

But it appears that another major production has beaten Oprah Down Under. Contestants in The Amazing Race, and host Phil Keoghan, were spotted “racing” around Sydney Monday, according to local blogs and fan sites, with an overnight trip to the outback town of Broken Hill their next destination. Those episodes will screen as part of The Amazing Race Season 18, with the cast “fan favorites” from previous series.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/nicole-kidman-keith-urban-confirmed-48391
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2010, 09:27:07 AM »

But it appears that another major production has beaten Oprah Down Under. Contestants in The Amazing Race, and host Phil Keoghan, were spotted “racing” around Sydney Monday, according to local blogs and fan sites, with an overnight trip to the outback town of Broken Hill their next destination. Those episodes will screen as part of The Amazing Race Season 18, with the cast “fan favorites” from previous series.

"Local blogs and fan sites. Local blogs and fan sites."

I'm gonna have to go back to Sydney and crack some skulls, I think.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2010, 10:51:49 AM »

"Local blogs and fan sites. Local blogs and fan sites."

I'm gonna have to go back to Sydney and crack some skulls, I think.

They just don't know how amazing you are, Coutz!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2010, 11:19:55 AM »
On the other hand, the Hollywood Reporter is mainstream industry media, and in fact we sometimes get our ratings information from them.
-- theschnauzers

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2010, 06:19:39 PM »
I have posted this on the location/destination spoilers but here for reference:

Broken Hill's daily newspaper the Barrier Daily Truth has about the day in Broken Hill:

http://www.bdtruth.com.au/index.php?stub&id=1271

"Quite a few locals were excited yesterday at the news that contestants and crew from the US TV reality show 'The Amazing Race' were in the city as part of their Australian leg of the show.

The production crew and 11 American couples arrived in the city on two Rex chartered planes yesterday morning from Sydney, and were picked up by several four-wheeldrives.

The show has couples race across the globe, doing crazy things at each destination. Rotary and St Johns Ambulance were at the old Junction Mine yesterday with the crew and contestants while they filmed a sequence for the show."

"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."