Archive > The Amazing Race 18 Spoilers and Speculation

TAR 18 Media

<< < (23/24) > >>

slayton:
Harsh words for Episode 6 from the Onion A.V. Club re-cap:
http://www.avclub.com/articles/i-feel-like-a-monkey-in-a-circus-parade-kolkata-in,53666/

theschnauzers:

--- Quote from: slayton on March 28, 2011, 05:31:42 PM ---Harsh words for Episode 6 from the Onion A.V. Club re-cap:
http://www.avclub.com/articles/i-feel-like-a-monkey-in-a-circus-parade-kolkata-in,53666/

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure what their beef is about Snapple; TAR traditionally has had among the highest product placements of any show on television; and personally I was impressed by the planning that was involved to have tasks in two countries tied to the same product (and the flavor) and be cultural meaningful. I'm sure there's a behind-the-scenes story about how TPTB got Snapple involved, or the other way around, and I hope we get to hear it sometime.

slayton:
From The Onion A.V. Club recap of Episode 9

--- Quote ---Remember when Michael and Kevin had to sit on blocks of ice for ten minutes? Well, that feat looks like scaling the Matterhorn in comparison to this one, as Gary and Mallory simply have to prepare the fuel mixture for their bike in the right proportion. This couldn’t have taken more than two minutes, which makes me wonder why they even bother with these Speed Bumps in the first place.

--- End quote ---

TarJunkie999:
 :umn: Found this rather obscure chart in "The Atlantic", plotting Primetime TV shows as regards Political party affiliations vs. Voter turnout.

According to this, TAR rates as having a Democratic skew with higher voter turnout.   :duno:

Puts it in the company of shows such as 20/20 and Dateline.  :res:  huh?   :groan:  and I thought it was a reality/entertainment show.  Really?!?    :ascared   (:;)   :lol:

Coutzy:

--- Quote from: TarJunkie999 on April 27, 2011, 04:31:58 PM --- :umn: Found this rather obscure chart in "The Atlantic", plotting Primetime TV shows as regards Political party affiliations vs. Voter turnout.

According to this, TAR rates as having a Democratic skew with higher voter turnout.   :duno:

Puts it in the company of shows such as 20/20 and Dateline.  :res:  huh?   :groan:  and I thought it was a reality/entertainment show.  Really?!?    :ascared   (:;)   :lol:

--- End quote ---

I think what's more amusing is that Celebrity Apprentice has the biggest Democratic skew when Donald Trump is rumored to be lining up for the Republicans in 2012

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version