The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

RFF TAR 17 pick-em game

(1/51) > >>

mswood:
http://targame.realityfanforum.com/

Game is now line.  Remember you need to follow the link to the game page.  Here you will need to create a id and password (if you haven't played before, or if you just want a new one).  You can use your same site name, or you can confuse the living hell out of me by picking something new.  You will need to sign in each time you play.  Remember to always hit the submit button when you put your answers in.  Once you have done that you can sign back in and you choices will still be marked (you can still change them).  

I strongly suggest you double check that your answer are in, as I have no control over the program.  And usually once or twice a year someone loses a week.

The game is open until 755pm eastern time unless otherwise noted (even though this week is starting a half hour later I am still closing the board at the normal time.  Usually the only time we close earlier is when Canada gets it an hour early.

If you have any questions on the wording of the questions feel free to ask.  You can do it privately through private message (where you it will be kept private) or you can use the game thread where all questions will be answered public.
 :jumpy:

Lets Play.  
Good luck everyone.

Ok, everyone I am running a little behind schedule (actually I think thats about par for the course for me) in getting this season's pick'em game up and going.

Just some early notes.

The questions should be posted each week on this thread (to reference), there will be a separate link (when its up) at the top of this thread, where you can go to sign up for the game and where you enter your answers for each week of the game (as well as to see how great you are doing, because I know everyone is going to do great).

Here is the hoped for (and never kept) schedule.

1.  New game up no later then the Tuesday before the new episode.  

2.  After the episode I will post what I believe to be the correct answers before people discover that I have apparently been hitting the bong once too many times.  

3.  Hopefully by the Tuesday following the broadcast the scores for that week will be posted.

This year I am going to try and be consistent with the points awarded for questions (except for the finale episode which is always worth more points, as I need a chance to catch up).

A question that only has two possible answers will only be worth 5 points.
A question with three to 5 possible answers will be worth 10 points.
A question with 6 to 10 possible answers will be worth 15 points
A question with more then 10 possible answers will be worth 20 points (this will happen this week and perhaps next week).

As I like to have you guys be active in playing I also will award points for people who point out when I am wrong (and not not with grammar or spelling otherwise everyone would already have about 3,000 points) at scoring the actual game (In other words on the thread I gave the correct answer but when I entered it into the system I messed up, it does happen and this helps correct my errors).  Ad also when I give what I believe are my finals answers, if you can show me that I am wrong you can also earn points.  These are worth one little point.  

Inmost weeks I will also ask a bonus question (where any answer given is awarded points) just to get some feedback about how you feel the race is for this season.  This is usually 5 points.

georgiapeach:
 :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

YIPPEE!! mswood is BACK!! Love this game!

kwando1313:
Yay! It's time for me to come back from non-lurking and actually be active again!!!

mswood:
Hopefully by tomorrow night the game will be up and running.

But here are the questions that will be asked for this week's game (remember you don't answer them on this thread,  link at the top of the first page will direct you to where to sign up and enter your picks).

5 Points – Do we hear how much money teams are given for this leg?

Yes
No

5 Points – Do we hear more then one person say (not counting Phil) “Amazing Race”?

Yes
No

5 Points – Do we hear Connor & Jonathan Singing?

Yes
No

20 Points – Which team is first shown (full team, and not in Credits)?

Andie & Jenna
Brook & Claire
Chad & Stephanie
Connor & Jonathan
Gary & Mallory
Jill & Thomas
Katie & Rachel
Michael & Kevin
Nat & Kat
Nick & Vicki
Ron & Tony
Two or more full teams are shown

5 Points – Does Phil explain what the “Express Pass” Is at the starting line?

Yes
No

10 Points – During the Intro Credits, what best describes the last full team shown?

Parent/ Child Team
Male/ Male Friend team
Female/ Female Friend Team
Male/Female Friend Team
Dating Couple
Married Couple
Sibling Team
Two or more full teams are shown

10 Points – Are the first three teams that are shown getting in the airport, the first three teams to depart the airport (Starting city)?

Yes
No
Not shown or told

10 Points – What best describes the task at Stonehenge?

A General Route Marker
A General Task
A Roadblock
A Detour

10 Points – Which of the following teams is first to arrive at the first route marker?

Chad & Stephanie
Connor & Jonathan
Jill & Thomas
Nat & Kat
Ron & Tony

15 Points – Which of the following teams complete the Watermelon tasks first?

Andie & Jenna
Brook & Claire
Gary & Mallory
Katie & Rachel
Michael & Kevin
Nick & Vicki

5 Points – Do any teams get told they have gotten a penalty?

Yes
No

5 Points – Does any team fail to complete a task?

Yes
No

15 Points – How many women drive during this leg?

9 or more

10 Points – Which all male team finishes the leg first?

Connor & Jonathan
Michael & Kevin
Ron & Tony

10 Points – Which male/female team finishes the leg first?

Chad & Stephanie
Jill & Thomas
Nick & Vicki
Gary & Mallory

10 Points – Which all female team finishes the leg first?

Andie & Jenna
Brooke & Claire
Katie & Rachel
Nat & Kat

15 Points – What best describes the Express Pass?

A way to skip a general task
A way to skip a Roadblock
A way to Skip a Detour
A way to skip all the tasks of the leg
A way to skip a U-Turn
Something else

10 Points – Which best describes the last team to check into the Pit Stop?

A Female/ Male Team
A Male/ Male Team
A Female/ Female Team

10 Points – Which best describes the first team to check into the Pit Stop?

A Female/ Male Team
A Male/ Male Team
A Female/ Female Team

10 Points – How many men perform the watermelon task?

All of them

15 Points – How many spots do Brook & Claire loss performing the watermelon task?

None
5 or more

5 FREE POINTS - Sight unseen, who would you like to see win this darn thing?

Andie & Jenna
Brook & Claire
Chad & Stephanie
Connor & Jonathan
Gary & Mallory
Jill & Thomas
Katie & Rachel
Michael & Kevin
Nat & Kat
Nick & Vicki
Ron & Tony

Coutzy:
Question regarding

--- Quote ---Do we hear more then one person say (not counting Phil) “Amazing Race”?

--- End quote ---

Do they have to say "Amazing Race" on its own, or will it count if its said in a sentence, such as (off the top of my head) "They don't call it it The Amazing Race for nothing"

Also for the driving questions, should there be an option for no self driving?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version